Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Fran still unable to do EE quests (Read 53353 times)
Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Re: Fran still unable to do EE quests
Reply #150 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 12:25am
Print Post  
Hahahaha!

Fran, simple way for a monk to do EE - 12 monk, 4 warlock, 4 fighter. Get spring attack, go high str and high wisdom (str standing at 40 unbuffed, wis 52 unbuffed), have 190 prr, mrr caps at 50, but whatever, be human. Make sure to have healing amp. Twist in rej cocoon.

If you want, go light spec for the combo to do a nice mass heal that does shit to everyone and tons to you. Otherwise, go dark, it is not needed.

Next, gear him the fuck out.

Also, for twists, sense weakness, rej cocoon are musts, everything else is debatable based off of what you are doing.

Last but not least, move around, spring attack hordes of mobs, displace clickies. You will rape everything.

You are welcome! have fun, don't die, monks are the best!

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Endlessorrow
Korthos Resident

All is loss, the taste
of joy has become ashes.

Reply #151 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 2:45am
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on May 29th, 2016 at 2:42am:
I think people are reading more into things than what I'm actually saying.

I am fully aware that a Charisma Specced TU S+B Cleric is a Flavour Build currently.

NOTE CURRENTLY!

I am surely allowed to ask for the Devs to make this D&D standard Cleric actually viable in DDO?

I'm not asking for it to be the new ES Lock! {though that would be nice - ES Lock plays against everything how I want my Clerics to play just against specifically Undead!}.

It's not a whimsical fantasy either - TU and S+B {well ok Mace and Board} was the done way to play Clerics in PnP!

When you had just 3 Lvl 1 Spell Slots at Lvl 1 {if you had 18 Wis that is} you damn well took 3x Cure Light and nothing else!

I want to play a Cleric!
NOT A Wizard or Sorc!
Not a Barbarian with Buffs and Blade Barrier!
NOT a Monk!
A CLERIC!

Is that so much to ask?

The S+B thing can probably be done with 5 Paladin Sacred Defender and Vanguard but TU is bad enough on Pure Cleric and utterly useless with any sort of Multiclassing!

All right here is the only way to sort of make that work.

18 cleric 2 pali. cha based tier 5 in Radiant to get your heal aura and regenerating turns. 33 points. 7 points in KoTC to get 3 extra turns  a efictive level higher for turn check and 4 levels higher for max hitdice  than a pure cleric. 4 points in sunelf for moar turning power.
1 point in war priest for 5 light power. the other 35 in Divine disciple for light power slas and spell crits.
Feats are empower maximize empower heal shield mastery imp shield mastery and extra turning and imp turning.

In epics you want master of light. Run in Exalted Angel carry a drowned priest torch and the best healing and light spell items you can find. Your role is to obliterate undead be a heal aura tank and chip in on dps with light spells and sla's. Take the lvl 18 core in DD that particular sunburst has no save. Same with the sunbeam. So you can blind everything that can be blinded, and do moderate light damage with no save spells so d.c is meaningless to you.

Thats it. You will be uber at turning undead run EE Two Toed Tobias 3 times a day. Group up for most anything else. Because your light spam damage is mana intensive and not very strong until master of light.. And your no fail mass blinding and healing aura are there to benefit groups.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #152 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 2:52am
Print Post  
12 cleric, 6 monk, 2 ranger: elf, arcane archer, WIS build.

ni-ga.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #153 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 3:56am
Print Post  
I keep wanting to say something, but with Fran it's just completely pointless. He is determined to blame Turbine for his characters sucking. He doesn't want advice, he wants to whine and complain. He's completely ignoring all and any advice.

A turn based cleric sucks balls. A fully geared maxed out turn based cleric is still going to struggle in most quests and raids, especially on EE. You may be viable in eH. There are many other cleric builds that work fine. But again, you need gear. Without gear all you're gonna have is a semi bad healbot, cause even the healbot needs gear (please don't make a healbot).

And even if you have gear, you still need to figure out the feats, enhancements... and how to use what you have. Like they say, it's not the size that matters, but how you use it.

And.. anyone assuming that ddo is or is going to be anything like dnd.. is really fooling themselves. Feel free to play flavor builds and role play, but don't complain when you can't solo EEs.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #154 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 10:48am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Jun 2nd, 2016 at 3:56am:
I keep wanting to say something, but with Fran it's just completely pointless. He is determined to blame Turbine for his characters sucking. He doesn't want advice, he wants to whine and complain. He's completely ignoring all and any advice.

A turn based cleric sucks balls. A fully geared maxed out turn based cleric is still going to struggle in most quests and raids, especially on EE. You may be viable in eH. There are many other cleric builds that work fine. But again, you need gear. Without gear all you're gonna have is a semi bad healbot, cause even the healbot needs gear (please don't make a healbot).

And even if you have gear, you still need to figure out the feats, enhancements... and how to use what you have. Like they say, it's not the size that matters, but how you use it.

And.. anyone assuming that ddo is or is going to be anything like dnd.. is really fooling themselves. Feel free to play flavor builds and role play, but don't complain when you can't solo EEs.

Guy has no balls. Needs to do 300 hours of manual labor so that he gets connected with his inner aggressiveness. Then he'll not be so silly.
« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2016 at 10:48am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #155 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 11:04am
Print Post  
What is this and why does it have 7 pages ?

1-20, why the fuck would you melee. Turning works perfectly and casting is no fail even on first lifer. Plus metaed BBs that two shots every mob from 11 - 18.

20 - 30, drow suck unless you have million past lives.
Soundburst, Implo, Comet works perfectly except Stormhorns, Shavarath and LE .
Turning is pointless in epics.

For LEs, either full retard spellpower or Enchant, Conj and nag your friends to carry you - this is mmorpg after all ha.

Thf blitzer works too, whatever.

But you are a tard, so roll an ES warlock like every other shitty player.
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2016 at 1:53am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #156 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 11:08am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jun 2nd, 2016 at 11:04am:
But you are a tard, so roll an ES warlock like every other shitty player.

I am going to make a collection of fransults. Oh wait, that's this thread. Grin
« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2016 at 11:09am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #157 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jun 1st, 2016 at 11:26am:
What's the duration of the Knockdown?
The description doesn't say!

I'm wary of abilities that look good but turn out to be awful!

Seriously, Fran?  Seriously?
You are playing a game of imagination, and you have none.

Are you are incapable of reading a wiki or just bothering to ask someone what an ability does?  You're the member of 20 different guilds across your 150 different characters, right?  Do you make any friends when you play?  Do you talk to people?  If you don't know something, why remain in ignorance, someone out there has an answer for you.

You spend all your time being 'wary' instead of bothering to take the damn ability and see how it works.  Feats are a bit of a pain in the ass to swap out.  The rocks you need are expensive, crunching them down is a pain in the ass, and you have to make sure that the feat you're giving up was taken at a level where you had all the pre-reqs that the feat you want can be taken.  Enhancements and EDs are not a pain in the ass to change.  You pay your plats and it's a done deal.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #158 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 2nd, 2016 at 8:45pm:
Seriously, Fran?  Seriously?
You are playing a game of imagination, and you have none.

Are you are incapable of reading a wiki or just bothering to ask someone what an ability does?  You're the member of 20 different guilds across your 150 different characters, right?  Do you make any friends when you play?  Do you talk to people?  If you don't know something, why remain in ignorance, someone out there has an answer for you.

You spend all your time being 'wary' instead of bothering to take the damn ability and see how it works.  Feats are a bit of a pain in the ass to swap out.  The rocks you need are expensive, crunching them down is a pain in the ass, and you have to make sure that the feat you're giving up was taken at a level where you had all the pre-reqs that the feat you want can be taken.  Enhancements and EDs are not a pain in the ass to change.  You pay your plats and it's a done deal.

Not only will he not read the Wiki or ask simple questions or even just try something out to see how it works, he will post on the DDO board all his uninformed opinions but stating them as fact and he does it in the most annoying manner possible.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #159 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 11:14am
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jun 3rd, 2016 at 9:23am:
Not only will he not read the Wiki or ask simple questions or even just try something out to see how it works, he will post on the DDO board all his uninformed opinions but stating them as fact and he does it in the most annoying manner possible.

Yeah, I wish he would stop doing this.

Especially don't try to help newer players, Fran, because you just don't know shit. If you're as bad at remembering things as we seem to have established over the course of this thread, then how can you possibly believe you have any knowledge or experience to share that has any value to anyone? How can you possibly believe your opinions on how things should change are even relevant? Seriously. You need game knowledge and the ability to learn things over time in order to help new players and give useful input on how to improve the game.

EDIT: I suppose you've spent enough time in Korthos and the Harbor to be a reliable resource on those quests. And you probably can't help fuck up new players' builds too badly between levels 1 and 4.
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2016 at 11:15am by nowAvaultie »  

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #160 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Jun 3rd, 2016 at 11:14am:
EDIT: I suppose you've spent enough time in Korthos and the Harbor to be a reliable resource on those quests. And you probably can't help fuck up new players' builds too badly between levels 1 and 4.

Never underestimate the power of stupidity in mass quantities.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #161 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Fran could get lost in Cannith Crystal.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #162 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 11:22am
Print Post  
i agree

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #163 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Fran you are Gay and retarded

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #164 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
LagMonsterrrrrr wrote on Jun 11th, 2016 at 1:49pm:
Fran you are Gay and retarded

Correct, but not in that order; he's gay BECAUSE he's retarded.  The homosexual preference simply fails to exist in a well functioning mind.

IP Logged

LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #165 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Gay and retarded

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #166 - Jun 12th, 2016 at 2:06am
Print Post  
LagMonsterrrrrr wrote on Jun 11th, 2016 at 1:53pm:
retarded and Gay

FITFYYGDCSMFNF

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #167 - Jun 12th, 2016 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Jun 11th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Correct, but not in that order; he's gay BECAUSE he's retarded.  The homosexual preference simply fails to exist in a well functioning mind.

If that was true it would explain your hyperfocus on gayness.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #168 - Jun 12th, 2016 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 12th, 2016 at 3:28pm:
If that was true it would explain your hyperfocus on gayness.

Your correlation is correct, but the direction of the relation you postulate is inverted.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #169 - Jun 13th, 2016 at 1:22am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Jun 12th, 2016 at 7:07pm:
Sluuurp.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #170 - Jun 13th, 2016 at 3:24am
Print Post  
Well said Frank.
Your summation was concise and accurate.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #171 - Jun 13th, 2016 at 4:40am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Jun 13th, 2016 at 3:24am:
Well said Frank.
Your summation was concise and accurate.

>implying Frank's not another one of your abundantly gay socks.

IP Logged

LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #172 - Jun 13th, 2016 at 7:44am
Print Post  
Retarded and gay.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President