Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Legendary Greensteel Set-bonus Rule (Read 21982 times)
WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Legendary Greensteel Set-bonus Rule
May 28th, 2016 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
This guy is great: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/475736-Lgs-set-still-don-t-get-how-it-...

My holymunchkin reported a few times that a set like this did not work, only to get Ironclan and several other retards herpa'derpin my fuckin shit. They found some buggy way to get an sp item on at the same time as something else but the rule is as follows...

...You can't mix and match.

Dominion / Escalation / Opposition, pick one

Ethereal / Material, pick one

peace mooks

« Last Edit: May 28th, 2016 at 1:08pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Re: Legendary Greensteel Set-bonus Rule
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2016 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Isn't it just a wonderful play experience when a crafting system causes more player angst and rage than almost any other thing in the game?  I can completely understand why people feel utterly screwed when they spend 5k runes to equip a second LGS item and magically lose the bonus they got from the first.
The OP says he spent 1200 TP on bypasses.  I wonder how much inclination he has to do that again?

Turbine:  Developing new ways to piss off the people who pay them every day!

I'm not saying that they need to hand the 'mysteries' of the crafting system to the players on a silver platter.  I'm saying that including land mines such as this is a failure in programming, or a sick joke.  Or both.  In any case it is not customer friendly.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - May 28th, 2016 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
or the devs could make it a secret, so that the 100 players on each server could test it out....

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - May 30th, 2016 at 2:09am
Print Post  
can kind of mix and match your items. the set bonus takes a tally of all your augment types and based on the most prevalent one it will grant the appropriate bonus.

I tested with :
tier 1: air/dom/eth
tier 2: fire/esc/eth
tier 3: neg/opp/mat

2nd item :
tier 1: earth/dom/eth
tier 2: air/dom/eth
tier 3: pos/opp/mat

that is 3 dominions giving me 12% to my spell point total.

Edit : I will test tomorrow after another run if I were to replace the 2nd tier augment in my 1st item with Opp/Mat, giving the set bonus 3 doms and 3 opps. Wonder which it will take.
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2016 at 2:11am by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #4 - May 30th, 2016 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Im more confused why noone from the players tested all sort of sets and bonuses when lama was up for the last update.

We know that turbine makes systems that they themselves dont understand and that its up to us to figure it out.
Their model is to  hire new people just before a new update and then fire them so that the staff they keep have no fucking clue how anything in the game works.
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2016 at 12:41pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #5 - May 30th, 2016 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 30th, 2016 at 12:38pm:
Im more confused why noone from the players tested all sort of sets and bonuses when lama was up for the last update.

LGS mats were unavailable during most of the last Lama session. The store was down for half of it, too.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #6 - May 30th, 2016 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on May 30th, 2016 at 1:56pm:
LGS mats were unavailable during most of the last Lama session. The store was down for half of it, too.

Ah so turbine being retarded as always.
Let me guess char copy didnt work either

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - May 30th, 2016 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 30th, 2016 at 2:13pm:
Let me guess char copy didnt work either

It did not. It was up for like 3 days for the kensei/u31 preview, and I could not find any legendary mats in the dojo. The store does not sell large mats either. just a general big "fuck you, waste your time, cash, and mats" from turbine

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - May 30th, 2016 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 30th, 2016 at 2:24pm:
It did not. It was up for like 3 days for the kensei/u31 preview, and I could not find any legendary mats in the dojo. The store does not sell large mats either. just a general big "fuck you, waste your time, cash, and mats" from turbine

Isn't the lack of large mats in the store the opposite of a "waste your cash" from Turbine?

If they sold large mats it would be even more of a p2w game.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - May 30th, 2016 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 30th, 2016 at 2:33pm:
Isn't the lack of large mats in the store the opposite of a "waste your cash" from Turbine?

Just because they don't sell larges in store doesn't mean the rest of the system isn't a "fuk you"

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - May 30th, 2016 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 30th, 2016 at 2:09am:
if I were to replace the 2nd tier augment in my 1st item with Opp/Mat, giving the set bonus 3 doms and 3 opps. Wonder which it will take.

the entire set bonus goes away if you do this. Yay. why, yes trubine I do want to waste mats crafting augments and tp using extractors. How lovely

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - May 30th, 2016 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
tier 2: fire/opp/mat

2nd item :
tier 2: neg/opp/mat

so, I thought swapping out the augments for opp/mat in tier 2 and 3 for both items would give me the opp bonus. turns out that it does not, because reasons. I now have zero set bonus.
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2016 at 4:27pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - May 30th, 2016 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
swapped back to this and got dominion bonus back.

tier 2: fire/esc/eth

2nd item :
tier 2: air/dom/eth

instead of this

Quote:
tier 2: fire/opp/mat

2nd item :
tier 2: neg/opp/mat

apparently no one has any explanation for how lgs set bonuses work cos turbine

IP Logged

Yojimbo
Ex Member

Reply #13 - May 30th, 2016 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 30th, 2016 at 4:35pm:
swapped back to this and got dominion bonus back.

instead of this

apparently no one has any explanation for how lgs set bonuses work cos turbine

Unbelievable. Even for Turbine.

IP Logged

rockz
Korthos Resident

Reply #14 - May 30th, 2016 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
I tested a few combinations, and it's difficult to mix items and still get the set bonus.

Opposition is the most difficult one to get with non-opp additions.  The system seems to favor escalation, then dominion, then opp.

I also noticed that one mismatched aug is usually worse than two mismatched but opposite augs.

So, if you have two items, make one item all opp.  Make the other one opp, one esc, and one dom.

I mostly focused on the material opp sets since they're the best overall.

You can have 3 or 4 mat opp items and have one non-matching item to still get the 4 and 5 set bonuses respectively.

The non-matching that I use is...
earth dom eth (any element)
neg esc eth (any element)
water opp mat (any element or blank!)

I've heard that you can have a second non-matching by doing the reverse of this, but I haven't tried it.  In other words...
esc eth
dom eth
opp mat

I tried many other combinations, and almost everything disables the 4 and 5 set bonuses.  Many of them will still give you opp bonus.

Keep in mind that every non-matching aug reduces the set bonuses by 2%.

The simplest way to go is just make everything match.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - May 30th, 2016 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
rockz wrote on May 30th, 2016 at 7:48pm:
I mostly focused on the material opp sets since they're the best overall.

thanks for your reply. I tried going with Mat/Opp set up while having a few dominions in there for the 20-35% per element spell crit multipliers. I suppose I will now try just Dom/Mat and see if the spell crits stack. wish me luck :/

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #16 - May 30th, 2016 at 11:47pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 30th, 2016 at 10:22pm:
thanks for your reply. I tried going with Mat/Opp set up while having a few dominions in there for the 20-35% per element spell crit multipliers. I suppose I will now try just Dom/Mat and see if the spell crits stack. wish me luck :/

yarrrrr

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #17 - May 31st, 2016 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 30th, 2016 at 12:38pm:

It's because nobody cares.  Fitting this crap in is a pain in the arse and we fully expect it to all be outdated in an update or two anyway (like everything else Turbine's released since Epic Gianthold).

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - May 31st, 2016 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 30th, 2016 at 10:22pm:

Pretty much the only combination I can see worth mixing.  Interested in the results here too.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - May 31st, 2016 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on May 31st, 2016 at 7:14pm:
Pretty much the only combination I can see worth mixing.  Interested in the results here too. 

Gonna be a while. 13k runes shy of cleaning 5 set.

Having a hard time making the set bonus match while not having utter garbage in the slot. Problem with Dom/Mat is it is all guards. And guards are the worst thing lgs has to choose from.

Possibly going ;

t1 : dom/eth for 20% element magic crit multi
t2 : esc/mat for hps and skills
t3 : dom/mat for shitty guards and dom/mat to get the matching set bonus.

2nd item
t1 dom/eth
t2 dom/mat
t3 esc/mat

3rd item
t1 dom/eth
t2 dom/mat
t3 opp/mat neg

4th item
t1 dom/eth
t2 opp/mat neg
t3 dom/mat

5th item
t1 opp/mat neg
t2 dom/eth
t3 opp/mat pos
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2016 at 9:39pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Over Power
Korthos Resident

Reply #20 - May 31st, 2016 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
1º item:
T1:Mat/Opp
T2:Mat/Opp
T3:Mat/Opp
IH:On

2º item:
T1:Mat/Esc
T3:Eth/Opp

Bonus Set: Nada/0/Null

But i just get a think the order u equip the itens change what happen...

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - May 31st, 2016 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
Over Power wrote on May 31st, 2016 at 10:12pm:
But i just get a think the order u equip the itens change what happen...

Of course it will, bc turbine.  You might have to perform some equipment swaps too along with a rain-dance for good measure  Tongue

IP Logged

Over Power
Korthos Resident

Reply #22 - May 31st, 2016 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
My solution...burn that shitt since looks like it only works for Warlocks since they are the only class who can spend 2-5 itens slots to fill with only %hp....they can run naked around all game so do not make any difference

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - May 31st, 2016 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
But i just get a think the order u equip the itens change what happen

no, i tried that.

T1:Mat/Opp
T3:Mat/Opp
IH:On

2º item:
T1:Mat/Esc
T3:Eth/Opp

looks like opp bonus is sketchy because of a single escalation augment is preventing your opp bonus there.

shouldnt be too hard to fix, just craft another tier 1 with opp and use an extractor. dont forget to thank turbine because you love mysteries
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2016 at 10:56pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - May 31st, 2016 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 31st, 2016 at 8:48pm:
t1 : dom/eth for 20% element magic crit multi
t2 : esc/mat for hps and skills
t3 : dom/mat for shitty guards and dom/mat to get the matching set bonus.

2nd item
t1 dom/eth
t2 dom/mat
t3 esc/mat

3rd item
t1 dom/eth
t2 dom/mat
t3 opp/mat neg

4th item
t1 dom/eth
t2 opp/mat neg
t3 dom/mat

5th item
t1 opp/mat neg
t2 dom/eth
t3 opp/mat pos

if this works then it should grant at least 23% material bonus. If it also stacks with the dom crits then the following will be :

3 elements at 43% crit multi
1 element at 53%
all types at 23%

and a shit ton of guards  Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint