Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) A Little Update on Our Duper (Read 17815 times)
Bobbicus
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

A Little Update on Our Duper
Sep 18th, 2023 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Just so you lads know, our favorite Dupe Store dude did a giveaway on EvE Online, got people to help finance an even bigger giveaway on EvE Online, took money for subscriptions on his Discord server, and then tore down his Discord server today, presumably running off with the loot and a month subscription from a bunch of people.

He outed himself because he loved the "don't make Strayfe work" rule from the Vault, and used it in his server.
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2023 at 4:53pm by Bobbicus »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: A Little Update on Our Duper
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2023 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
That's pretty cool.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Count Dante
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2023 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
What type of sad-ass, broke-ass loser has to not only turn to duping for money but cheating people as well?

Loser isn't a strong enough word.  We need a new word to describe someone so sad and pathetic.

Grand wrote on Mar 11th, 2017 at 12:08am:
I'm a big believer in the old adage saw that you should never make a bet you can't afford to lose!

Welcher.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Sep 18th, 2023 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
The fun thing is he also took the Vault here for $20,000 awhile back. We spoke in private about it.

It's all bloody hilarious, if you ask me.

IP Logged

liljiggy
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 3:56am
Print Post  
Bobbicus wrote on Sep 18th, 2023 at 8:32pm:
The fun thing is he also took the Vault here for $20,000 awhile back. We spoke in private about it.

Oh, bless your heart.  Do you live somewhere that's considered a lot of money for a side hustle?  Are you a euro-poor?  Are you from Alabama?

He ran that scam for what?  At least a year?  I'm not even talking about when he idled down to just the occasional sale.  You count that and he was at it at least two years.  We'll call it a year though.

20k for a years worth of work (if he even made that much, and even if he did, I'm sure he's not factoring in the out of pocket costs, so he didn't clear that much) or even 6 months is only impressive if you're really, really poor.  He could have just went to Wal-Mart and been a door greeter for 6 months and probably made at least that much.  Probably would have made more if he did it for a year.  You don't hear many people bragging about their side hustle at Wal-Mart.

Come to think of it, doesn't look like he ever got that game room he was talking about up and running.  Seems he's not doing that well if he put in that much work to make so little.  If you talk to him again, tell him he should actually consider making the move to New Mexico.  Cost of living is very low there from what I understand.  Seems like he's having trouble making ends meet where he's at.
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2023 at 3:57am by liljiggy »  

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #5 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 4:04am
Print Post  
Bobbicus wrote on Sep 18th, 2023 at 8:32pm:

this reads like he took advantage of the vault, but i dont think anyone with half an iq point here got scammed, all his exploits (in the classical sense not in game) were funny, and "the vault" set him up with his own subforum to shit up. i dont believe "he took the vault for 20,000" is an accurate statement. "the vault gave him a platform" would be more aligned with reality. and the entire arc is indeed hilarious. good on him, doing gods work. someone has to render consequences unto the ignorant for them to learn. he is merely a teacher.

Quote:
WHAT KIND OF ASSHOLE WOULD SCAM 20,000 FROM PEOPLE PLAYING VIDEO GAMES

what kind of assholes spend that kind of money, lol- retards who want to be scammed. i see no difference in paying jamal here 20 bucks for nothing and paying SSG 50 bucks for 1 million xp (nothing)
Quote:
DIMINISH HIS WORK 20K ISNT EVEN THAT MUCH LOL HE MUST BE POOR

seethe, it would be only more funny if he literally burned peoples money on livestream and sent them that instead of crap items. if he only got 50 bucks it would STILL be funny. people out here sucking dick for XP deserve the fruits of their labor, a big juicy load.
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2023 at 4:08am by eighnuss »  

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #6 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 4:47am
Print Post  
No, he is an asshole but sometimes the world needs assholes because otherwise the dimwitted won't learn. This is the rule of the internet. All those scammed should feel lucky they only gave money and not brain cells. They wouldn't be able to breath anymore let alone tie their shoes.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #7 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 6:32am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 19th, 2023 at 4:04am:

Damn straight.

A side benefit of DDOplayer98 was just how fucking nuts he made a particular vault oldtimer, guy mainly tried to shit post on the duper but sometimes was so furious/jealous that his mask would slip and his accounts would end up screaming bloody murder about the attention ddoplayer98 was getting, silly fucker even attacked Meat head, ... fucking dozy loser, I mean who the fuck attacks Meat?

The truly hilarious part is that even though he is jealous and hates the dupers and sellers he never had the balls to scream or post at Strake just anyone else getting money or props. Think about that, Strake made a whole subform just so ddoplayer and dupers could sell, encourages it across the board but the oldtimer with his panties in a knot never made a peep, the gutless little turd knew would call him out for just being jealous.

LMFAO

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Count Dante
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 8:45am
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Sep 19th, 2023 at 6:32am:
just being jealous

Jealous of what exactly?  Pulling in roughly 25 bucks a day over a two year period?

Nothing to be jealous about.  Just sad they're so broke they needed money that bad.  Slightly sadder they feel a need to brag about it.

You could offer me 25 bucks a day just to get out of bed 10 minutes early and I'd tell you to go fuck yourself.

I'm a big believer in the old adage saw that you should never make a bet you can't afford to lose!

Welcher.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 11:43am
Print Post  
liljiggy wrote on Sep 19th, 2023 at 3:56am:
Oh, bless your heart.  Do you live somewhere that's considered a lot of money for a side hustle?  Are you a euro-poor?  Are you from Alabama?

He ran that scam for what?  At least a year?  I'm not even talking about when he idled down to just the occasional sale.  You count that and he was at it at least two years.  We'll call it a year though.

20k for a years worth of work (if he even made that much, and even if he did, I'm sure he's not factoring in the out of pocket costs, so he didn't clear that much) or even 6 months is only impressive if you're really, really poor.  He could have just went to Wal-Mart and been a door greeter for 6 months and probably made at least that much.  Probably would have made more if he did it for a year.  You don't hear many people bragging about their side hustle at Wal-Mart.

Come to think of it, doesn't look like he ever got that game room he was talking about up and running.  Seems he's not doing that well if he put in that much work to make so little.  If you talk to him again, tell him he should actually consider making the move to New Mexico.  Cost of living is very low there from what I understand.  Seems like he's having trouble making ends meet where he's at.

I must say, this sounds salty. I don't know OP or the duper, but I don't think anyone implied this was a full time job. 20k is 20K...
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2023 at 11:47am by SpaceGoat »  

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Count Dante wrote on Sep 19th, 2023 at 8:45am:
Jealous of what exactly?  Pulling in roughly 25 bucks a day over a two year period?

Nothing to be jealous about.  Just sad they're so broke they needed money that bad.  Slightly sadder they feel a need to brag about it.

You could offer me 25 bucks a day just to get out of bed 10 minutes early and I'd tell you to go fuck yourself. 

I've got no skin in the game, but using your example, you must earn quite a high salary to say no to after tax earnings of $150 per hour, likely at least $200-$225 pre tax hourly, equal to 400K to 450K annually...

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #11 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Sep 19th, 2023 at 6:32am:
Damn straight.

A side benefit of DDOplayer98 was just how fucking nuts he made a particular vault oldtimer, guy mainly tried to shit post on the duper but sometimes was so furious/jealous that his mask would slip and his accounts would end up screaming bloody murder about the attention ddoplayer98 was getting, silly fucker even attacked Meat head, ... fucking dozy loser, I mean who the fuck attacks Meat?

The truly hilarious part is that even though he is jealous and hates the dupers and sellers he never had the balls to scream or post at Strake just anyone else getting money or props. Think about that, Strake made a whole subform just so ddoplayer and dupers could sell, encourages it across the board but the oldtimer with his panties in a knot never made a peep, the gutless little turd knew would call him out for just being jealous.

LMFAO

I don't recall being "attacked"--but my drama memory is weak AF. He did scam me once out of $100. I knew the risk. So, I'm not salty. Also, overall, he benefitted me more than hurt me by far. So <shrug>. No regurts, tbh.

EDIT: Come to think of it, the main reason I play still probably is owed to his "work". Otherwise, I'd probably still be on "break".
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2023 at 12:38pm by Head-Meat »  

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Sep 19th, 2023 at 12:37pm:
I don't recall being "attacked"--but my drama memory is weak AF. He did scam me once out of $100. I knew the risk. So, I'm not salty. Also, overall, he benefitted me more than hurt me by far. So <shrug>. No regurts, tbh.

EDIT: Come to think of it, the main reason I play still probably is owed to his "work". Otherwise, I'd probably still be on "break".

I definitely still play thanks to the dupers. That's twice now rampant cheating has kept me playing!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reply #13 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 19th, 2023 at 1:48pm:
I definitely still play thanks to the dupers. That's twice now rampant cheating has kept me playing!

Same. If not for the dupers I would still be on break. If not for the dupers Steelshit and Lynnshit would be begging in a boston bus-stop by now.

IP Logged

Count Dante
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Sep 19th, 2023 at 11:47am:
I've got no skin in the game, but using your example, you must earn quite a high salary to say no to after tax earnings of $150 per hour, likely at least $200-$225 pre tax hourly, equal to 400K to 450K annually...

150 per hour I wouldn't sneer at.  That's not chump change.  He wasn't making near that.

I'm going to be very generous with this because I'm a nice guy.

He was at it for two years, but for this we're going to say one.  He was charging more but had slowed in how many he was duping (since he could no longer be as blatant as he'd been).  He can deny it all he wants, but those who know, know.

We'll say a year.  He probably made the mass of that 20k in that year but not all of it, but we'll say he did make it all in one year.

That comes out to about 55 bucks a day for his side hustle.  If he was doing it in an hour, it's not great but again, not exactly chump change.

Again, he'll lie but there's no way he was doing it all in just an hour a day.  First 6 months he was hustling and promoting around the clock.  Contacting people, sending messages, working discord.  Building a web site, dealing with the legal threats from SSG.  Plea bargaining.   

And that's not even getting into the duping itself.  Transferring toons, making new dummy accounts, using 3 different accounts per transaction to try and keep his storage mules safe.  Waiting for buyers, drag and dropping during the sales.

Min 4 hours a day and I wouldn't be surprised if it came out to nearly twice that.  Starting out, this was a full time job.

Even at 4 hours a day?  50 bucks?  Kids with paper routes probably make more than that.

This wasn't a low effort endeavor.  You don't put that much effort into it for "props" (though it was funny him begging like a dog for attention and a title and getting denied it). 

He did it because his sorry ass was broke.

No idea where you got that 400k number from.  Even at part time, 20k a year gets you 400k never.

Welcher.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #15 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Why does this matter? He's gone. Bye, Adios, RIP.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Merak
Korthos Resident

I Love DDO! BATCHEST

Reply #16 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
expose this guy and release his name so everyone knows

IP Logged

Count Dante
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Sep 19th, 2023 at 4:40pm:
He's gone. Bye, Adios, RIP.

Yeah, he's gone.   Roll Eyes

Nobody's seen him in forever and I'm sure we'll never see him again.   Wink

Welcher.

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #18 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
I'm not sure that $20k is accurate, i think it might be more. i bought from him and some friends who didn't wanna make contact with him had me facilitate their sales as well so just that i know of for certain he made 6K in 3 days. Maybe not the same guy as you guys are talking about but we did all get our boxes.

Count Dante wrote on Sep 18th, 2023 at 6:10pm:
We need a new word to describe someone so sad and pathetic

"Grand" Pretty much sums it up for me. scammed me out of 3 boxes when i was new by pretending to be 3 different people at once, kinda like what he did here but a little more impressive since he played the personas on Skype and actually spoke. the guy is next level Pathetic.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #19 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Sep 19th, 2023 at 12:37pm:

I wasn't talking about ddoplayer98 attacking you, I was referring to how pissed the wonder twins were when they were screeching that you were an enabler, constant support, etc...

for example:

The Real Grand wrote on Nov 28th, 2021 at 2:45am:
Love it.  You don't even try to man up and apologize for your part in this, the fact he never would have gotten the ball rolling that quickly to scam that many people without your constant support.  You skip your accountability for your part and jump straight into blame shifting.

You deserve your cult that is the American branch of that religion because you sure as hell aren't a real Christian.

No growth.  No lessons learned.  Well done.

What a whiny fuck lol!

But I think we all know they were just butthurt because for all their efforts, spam, and copycat name attempts they weren't able to to stop it in the beginning, man they were just fucking freaking out that first couple months, all the threads and attempted distraction fucking hilarious.

Head-Meat wrote on Jul 6th, 2020 at 7:43pm:
dd�player98 is a troll sock of another Vault user who decided to sow some chaos. Bless his heart. You can ignore 100% of what he says. He does some..appreciated work elsewhere. But not here.

B�shop is a sock of dd�player98 and the same commentary applies

As Meat's quote and links show, those accounts trying their best to fuck up the box sales back in 2020 changed their names to 'Count Dante', and 'The Real Grand' or you may know them as the wonder twins lolol

So weird how from the very beginning they were so pissed about people getting boxes and Ddoplayer98 getting any attention or praise, and remember how they floated the whole 'its a trick to get your info!!!!' line? here we are 3 years later and... nope! nothing happened.

Does anyone have a theory for why the twins were so down on duped boxes? jealousy? paladins? just stupid as fuck? LMFAO

Seriously just look at all the threads the wonder twins spammed out in a couple weeks trying to confuse buyers so they couldn't get boxes and dupers couldn't sell any... for all the good it did them! Hahahahah:

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1593323921

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1593172791

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1593494918

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1593409110

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1594217919

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1593715757

In retrospect, the threads and posts are positively dripping the pure desperation and jealousy of the oldtimer, poor old fucker was freaking out. ROFLMFAO!
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2023 at 5:42pm by Dragonborn »  

Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #20 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Hardcore_Girl wrote on Sep 19th, 2023 at 3:34pm:
Same. If not for the dupers I would still be on break.

First there was dupapalooza. Then the XP stone re-use. Then boxes. So 3 times cheating kept me playing and paying.

Hardcore_Girl wrote on Sep 19th, 2023 at 3:34pm:
If not for the dupers Steelshit and Lynnshit would be begging in a boston bus-stop by now.

Lynn could at least make money selling ass. Steel would be the bum sitting in a cardboard shack by the bathroom begging for change.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #21 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 19th, 2023 at 5:31pm:
First there was dupapalooza. Then the XP stone re-use. Then boxes. So 3 times cheating kept me playing and paying.

Lynn could at least make money selling ass. Steel would be the bum sitting in a cardboard shack by the bathroom begging for change.

Don't forget the anniversary card dupes and the ability to transfer bound items in unbound bags (think rare shards like eSoS, for example) Although you could use "dupapalooza" as an umbrella for that era. But, there were breaks between. Good times.

I mostly missed out on the card re-use, unfortunately. I was on break when it was hot.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 7:42pm
Print Post  

Nah, the $20k was the scam. He got $55k legit, too.

IP Logged

Shunned
DQ Assaulter

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #23 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Sep 19th, 2023 at 6:46pm:
Don't forget the anniversary card dupes and the ability to transfer bound items in unbound bags (think rare shards like eSoS, for example) Although you could use "dupapalooza" as an umbrella for that era. But, there were breaks between. Good times.

I mostly missed out on the card re-use, unfortunately. I was on break when it was hot.

Are tornado pots still around?  I remember someone using them to cheese the FOT raid.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #24 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 8:11pm
Print Post  

Yeah, I'm with Eighnuss, spacegoat and Bobbi boy on this, lilJiggy is clearly salty and very pissed about this.

Why the fuck do you even care Jiggy? you weren't even around when it went down man, and all of the brief returns by ddoplayer98 was in the years before you had an account, its not like you got nailed.

And what is the fucking deal with bitching about bragging? I mean this is the fucking Vault right? people have been bragging about shit they do and don't have a right to brag about here since Strake opened the place, so I'm confused as to why you and wonder twins are so bent out of shape by Vaulters doing what Vaulters do man, seriously, what's the fucking deal?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint