Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Furicannon Build (Thrower/Bow hybrid) (Read 70517 times)
Dr Faustus
Korthos Resident

Re: Furicannon Build (Thrower/Bow hybrid)
Reply #25 - Jun 28th, 2016 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Silver piercing + good lgs clicky / chaos lgs clicky - allows you to use lgs instead of tf and still break dr.

What else are you going to take? Toughness.... I'd rather have dr breaking on any weapon I choose.

Sneak of Shadows + Eth is better damage (number wise - as long as your hide is ~130-150+, mine is) - not quite on par with human boost but close.

Also none of the elemental damage scion feats work on portals. Sneak attack damage works on portals. Also adrenaline supercharges your sneak attack damage.

Also there's the annoying thing about doing elemental damage that you can't toggle on/off.

Epic Reflexes - some people hate it, some people can't live without it. I'll tell you its nice not relying on RNG for those save or die checks (doj boom, earthquake knockdown, earthgrab from ele, etc).

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #26 - Jun 28th, 2016 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 1:40pm:
That's because almost all of these are terrible. You don't need epic reflexes. Sneak of Shadows + Scion Ethereal requires you to focus gear on sneak attack vulnerability that you otherwise wouldn't need to. Taking a spell damage feat instead is generally a much better way to go. Especially coupled with ToEE set using a caster weapon. I considered all of these things. And if you're using elemental arrow damage from AA, you really should be taking a spell damage feat that is complementary.

This is pants on head. Everything lately keeps pointing to how great the returns are when you pair ranged power and SA. The build already has sniper shot so you don't actually need to make any allowances for gear. Not that I'm buying your implication that having to "focus gear" is such a pain. At most it's deception and improved deception.

I'm starting to think a good yardstick for ranged builds is  SA damage after ranged power and ranged SA distance. Two numbers, call it effective SA rating.

Also, I think it's a shitty argument to try to say that elemental damage is better. There's no reason you can't do both. Sure you are forced into a choice for the level 30 feat but trying to make it an either/or argument for the build overall is pants on head again.

And on the topic of that feat, Hide/3 * RP will beat 10 extra elemental power being applied to at best 9d8 elemental imbue.

How the hell are you making throwers and advocating against SA? Unzip the fly and take a look.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jun 28th, 2016 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Dr Faustus wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 2:37pm:
Silver piercing + good lgs clicky / chaos lgs clicky - allows you to use lgs

The problem with that is that you need silver only for Harry if you have the clickie, and you will be using a bow on him anyways so just use the metalline arrows instance.

IP Logged

Dr Faustus
Korthos Resident

Reply #28 - Jun 28th, 2016 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 7:08pm:
The problem with that is that you need silver only for Harry if you have the clickie, and you will be using a bow on him anyways so just use the metalline arrows instance.

Manyshot lasts 20 seconds. Without manyshot, shuriken is better dps (with or without 10k). Fight against harry lasts roughly 1 minute. 2/3 of the time you will / should be using a shuriken imo. Not to mention that even during the time you use a bow, you'd be better served getting the 5% doubleshot from shadow arrows if you can (and you certainly can!).

Also, the question is once again raised: what other destiny feat would you take in its place? Silver + cold iron (destiny), means your green steel breaks pretty much any and all dr that matters.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Jun 28th, 2016 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Yes, let's design our build solely around 1 min of fighting every 3 days, against a boss that is immobile and can't hurt us anyways that is a free win.
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2016 at 10:16pm by »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jun 28th, 2016 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yes, let's design our build solely around 1 min of fighting every 3 days,

is there anything else worth farming?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #31 - Jun 28th, 2016 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 11:07pm:
is there anything else worth farming?

DDO isn't worth playing, lol, let alone "farming".

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #32 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 12:01am
Print Post  
...or even "trolling" on a fansite forum dedicated to it.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #33 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 12:05am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 12:01am:
...or even "trolling" on a fansite forum dedicated to it.

1) I've made money doing this; never made a nickel playing DDO.

2) I've laughed my ass of doing this; WAY funnier than playing DDO.

3) I've entertained others with my antics on this board; I don't think anyone was amused by my play style in-game.

4) I've educated other board members on the fine art of trolling to the point where they openly copy me with no pretense to the contrary.

In short, posting but not playing is FAR SUPERIOR to playing but not posting; and both are infinitely less homosexual that playing and posting (like a faggot): yeah, it's like that.
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2016 at 12:07am by [] »  

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #34 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 12:39am
Print Post  
Get a life, dude. Seriously...
Living in a fantasy world isn't healthy.  Sad

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #35 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 12:50am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 12:39am:
Get a life, dude. Seriously...Living in a fantasy world isn't healthy.

A tropical, Caribbean island is not "a fantasy world" as you so ineloquently put it.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 1:25am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 11:15pm:
DDO isn't worth playing, lol, let alone "farming".

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Dr Faustus
Korthos Resident

Reply #37 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 9:33am
Print Post  
Quote:
Yes, let's design our build solely around 1 min of fighting every 3 days, against a boss that is immobile and can't hurt us anyways that is a free win.

I like raids. I like doing achievements (speed runs, shortmans, etc). LE shroud is the only raid capable of providing this at the moment.

After playing this more and more, I can easily say that this build outperforms any other ranged build that I've played to date (this includes: both versions of mechanic, traditional monkcher, and numerous thrower builds). Still got some things to fine tune for my own gameplay, really liking the build so far though!

Also, I still haven't heard an answer for what people would take in its place? The person in the video takes guardian angel. Jak seems to like toughness. Both of those feats are defense oriented - and negligible in my opinion for current endgame. Neither of these feats are going to do much in reducing your margin of error for kiting / spacing. Guardian angel procs when at 50% health. In LE on a squishy character like this, I would never opt for % hp effects as they are largely useless against the real threats (snipers, blades, etc. can be played around - red nameds can't).

Still 1 level 26 destiny feat isn't going to make or break the build. You play it your way - I'll play it mine Smiley.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 9:37am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 12:50am:
A tropical, Caribbean island is not "a fantasy world" as you so ineloquently put it.

I'm more of a Polynesian tropical island fan.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #39 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 5:18pm:
Everything lately keeps pointing to how great the returns are when you pair ranged power and SA.

Yes.

The build already has sniper shot so you don't actually need to make any allowances for gear. Not that I'm buying your implication that having to "focus gear" is such a pain. At most it's deception and improved deception.

No. The actual issue for a sneak attack focused build is sneak attack immunity. Which can only be bypassed by Assassin's Trick, Wrack Construct, or Shadow Mastery (core 6 Shadowdancer). That's why my chucker is currently in Shadowdancer.
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2016 at 12:26pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Dr Faustus
Korthos Resident

Reply #40 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 12:26pm:
Yes.

No. The actual issue for a sneak attack focused build is sneak attack immunity. Which can only be bypassed by Assassin's Trick, Wrack Construct, or Shadow Mastery (core 6 Shadowdancer). That's why my chucker is currently in Shadowdancer.

25% precision
5% ship
15% grim
21% armor piercing
25% assassins trick
25% mark of the hunted
-------------------
106% fortification and sneak bypass w/ 1 ranger and 1 mechanic in party (add on 50% on constructs from wracking shot and smiting arrows)

Plenty of fort/sneak bypass when raiding

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
OMG the development of this thread was so predictable. It was like the after-school special of build threads.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #42 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Dr Faustus wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 1:01pm:
25% precision
5% ship
15% grim
21% armor piercing
25% assassins trick
25% mark of the hunted
-------------------
106% fortification and sneak bypass w/ 1 ranger and 1 mechanic in party (add on 50% on constructs from wracking shot and smiting arrows)

Plenty of fort/sneak bypass when raiding

HOW DOES YOUR BUILD GET ASSASSINS TRICK? OR MARK OF THE HUNTED?

If you wanted to make it clear to people that this is build meant to capitalize on a well formed raid party with people using their class abilities well, you should have posted that in the OP.

Solo or small party this build is worse than most other top tier thrower builds.

I like SA damage, I was ont of it's earliest advocates on a thrower when Mech changes came last year.

However, due to it's only part time application, generally, it's always better to go for physical damage, or some other always applied form of damage. That's just stupid math and law of averages.
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2016 at 2:01pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #43 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
OMG the development of this thread was so predictable. It was like the after-school special of build threads.

you're right

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #44 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 12:26pm:
Yes.

yes, from the guy who always ran a 20 Monk in Shiradi, I bet your shadowdancer build is really good at killing trash really fast (like everyone else who plays DDO and isn't a retard).

I'm guessing your red named DPS leaves a great deal to be desired. Do you have any red name kobold or other red named DPS tests to show for it? I'm just curious, since I seem to be the only one making throwers who ever did those. Please correct me if I am wrong.
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2016 at 2:04pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Dr Faustus
Korthos Resident

Reply #45 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 2:01pm:
HOW DOES YOUR BUILD GET ASSASSINS TRICK? OR MARK OF THE HUNTED?

If you wanted to make it clear to people that this is build meant to capitalize on a well formed raid party with people using their class abilities well, you should have posted that in the OP.

Solo or small party this build is worse than most other top tier thrower builds.

I like SA damage, I was ont of it's earliest advocates on a thrower when Mech changes came last year.

However, due to it's only part time application, generally, it's always better to go for physical damage, or some other always applied form of damage. That's just stupid math and law of averages.

LOL its right in the text you quoted. "w/ 1 ranger and 1 rogue"

Also, in a small party / solo situation most mobs won't have fortification high enough where you need the extra 50% from mark of the hunted / assassins trick. It makes out pretty well in that situation as well. Even if it didn't (which it does), I posted the build linking a video of a LE shroud speed run - of course its a raid oriented build...

Also scion of air/feywild/etc damage doesn't qualify as "always applied form of damage". It sometimes is reduced drastically, sometimes heals, and in some cases isn't applied at all (portals in shroud).

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #46 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
This is pants on head. Everything lately keeps pointing to how great the returns are when you pair ranged power and SA. The build already has sniper shot so you don't actually need to make any allowances for gear. Not that I'm buying your implication that having to "focus gear" is such a pain. At most it's deception and improved deception.

I'm starting to think a good yardstick for ranged builds is  SA damage after ranged power and ranged SA distance. Two numbers, call it effective SA rating.

Also, I think it's a shitty argument to try to say that elemental damage is better. There's no reason you can't do both. Sure you are forced into a choice for the level 30 feat but trying to make it an either/or argument for the build overall is pants on head again.

And on the topic of that feat, Hide/3 * RP will beat 10 extra elemental power being applied to at best 9d8 elemental imbue.

How the hell are you making throwers and advocating against SA? Unzip the fly and take a look.

Did you forget the part where lvl 30 feats dont just provide elemental power but a separate scaling proc? You sort of leave that out when you mention Hide/3 * RP.

If your Hide is 150 Perma, that's 50dmg * (180RP*1.5) = 135dmg (very good, when it procs).  2d20 from Scion of Air * 500 Spell power is 100 avg damage, and you dont have a range or Sneak Attack requirement on it. The damage portion is basically a wash if youve slotted deception gear and have LOTS of Armor piercing, and extended SA range. Even then calling it a wash is being a little generous but whatever. And that's just on stuff that has fort, not SA attack immune.

You might be on crack.

I'm not advocating against SA. I made the original SA thrower build (Dark Stars) like 2 years ago. BEFORE scalling and RP. But SA never applied 100% of the time, and with range issue, ON A THROWER, its far less than 100% of the time. I know this from years of playing throwers. SA is awesome on thrower, but it should be your tertiary concern AFTER

1. Throw Speed (Easy to max since mostly feats + haste, but still number 1)
2. Missile Proc Rate (SE/ANT/Doubleshot)
3. Physical Damage
4. Elemental/Alignment proc dmg/missile
5. SA Damage

*If you dont want to be a piece of shit noob who can only kill trash.
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2016 at 2:20pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #47 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Dr Faustus wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 9:33am:
Also, I still haven't heard an answer for what people would take in its place? The person in the video takes guardian angel. Jak seems to like toughness. Both of those feats are defense oriented - and negligible in my opinion for current endgame. Neither of these feats are going to do much in reducing your margin of error for kiting / spacing. Guardian angel procs when at 50% health. In LE on a squishy character like this, I would never opt for % hp effects as they are largely useless against the real threats (snipers, blades, etc. can be played around - red nameds can't).

Personally, I prefer using Force Imbues and Epic Spellpower: Force for the lvl 26 feat.  20 Force spellpower is roughly 7 extra damage per hit with T2-T5 Elemental damage.

Holy Strike averages out to something like 1-2 damage per hit with a 5% Vorpal rate and only works on Evil mobs so more realistically, it's probably worth 1 damage per hit. 

Lots of stuff is resistant, immune, or even healed by Acid and Electricity.  Golems are about the only mobs resistant or immune to Force damage.  I think Force is far more reliable and consistent damage over the long haul.

Use the Search & Rescue cloak for Force spell power and +4 quality Wis bonus.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #48 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 2:57pm:
Personally, I prefer using Force Imbues and Epic Spellpower: Force for the lvl 26 feat.  20 Force spellpower is roughly 7 extra damage per hit with T2-T5 Elemental damage.

Holy Strike averages out to something like 1-2 damage per hit with a 5% Vorpal rate and only works on Evil mobs so more realistically, it's probably worth 1 damage per hit. 

Lots of stuff is resistant, immune, or even healed by Acid and Electricity.  Golems are about the only mobs resistant or immune to Force damage.  I think Force is far more reliable and consistent damage over the long haul.

Use the Search & Rescue cloak for Force spell power and +4 quality Wis bonus.

This is an interesting 3rd path, and is arguably the most conservative (least damage but most consistently applied).

IP Logged

Dr Faustus
Korthos Resident

Reply #49 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 2:18pm:
If your Hide is 150 Perma, that's 50dmg * (180RP*1.5) = 135dmg (very good, when it procs).  2d20 from Scion of Air * 500 Spell power is 100 avg damage, and you dont have a range or Sneak Attack requirement on it. The damage portion is basically a wash if youve slotted deception gear and have LOTS of Armor piercing, and extended SA range. Even then calling it a wash is being a little generous but whatever. And that's just on stuff that has fort, not SA attack immune.

Math is wrong.

180 RP * 1.5 = 270 effective ranged power = 3.7 multiplier -> 50 * 3.7 = 185

500 spellpower -> 6 multiplier -> 21*6 = 126

500 spellpower is VERY generous....requires deep gear investment as well.

Sneak attack damage is better by miles - energy resistance / immunity on nearly every key mob in endgame.

Edit: fixed 2d20 -> 21 average damage not 20
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2016 at 3:36pm by Dr Faustus »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Send TopicPrint