Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Druid Wolf question (Read 3205 times)
Doodle
Abbot Raider

Shoot first ask questions
later!

Druid Wolf question
Nov 2nd, 2016 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Doing 11 Druid/ 6 fighter/ 3 rgr

Have tons of tier 3 TF khopeshes and a couple orbs including draconic reinvigoration. 

Never done a wolf nor Druid ever. 

Improved critical bludgeon or slashing?

In Kensai, weapon focus heavy blades to get keen edge?

I saw the Druid wolf threads but these are specific questions regarding khopeshes. 

Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Re: Druid Wolf question
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2016 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
Doodle wrote on Nov 2nd, 2016 at 7:30pm:

Bludgeon.

Read up on wolf/tree/unarmed combat or just copy a build if you are lazy and don't care about the mechanics involved.  The general rule of thumb is that your weapon does not apply except in the cases where it does.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

later!

Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2016 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Nov 2nd, 2016 at 7:59pm:
Bludgeon.

Read up on wolf/tree/unarmed combat or just copy a build if you are lazy and don't care about the mechanics involved.  The general rule of thumb is that your weapon does not apply except in the cases where it does.

Thank you.  How bout with the kensai tree to get keen edge? Heavy blades? Unarmed?

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2016 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
Doodle wrote on Nov 2nd, 2016 at 7:30pm:
Doing 11 Druid/ 6 fighter/ 3 rgr

Have tons of tier 3 TF khopeshes and a couple orbs including draconic reinvigoration. 

Never done a wolf nor Druid ever. 

In Kensai, weapon focus heavy blades to get keen edge?

I saw the Druid wolf threads but these are specific questions regarding khopeshes. 

Thanks in advance. 

Druids can't use thunder forged orbs, they break the druidic oath.  Best orb for them is blazing sun.

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

later!

Reply #4 - Nov 2nd, 2016 at 11:47pm
Print Post  
LordPiglet wrote on Nov 2nd, 2016 at 9:57pm:
Druids can't use thunder forged orbs, they break the druidic oath.  Best orb for them is blazing sun.

That's right.  Thx. 

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Nov 2nd, 2016 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
Doodle wrote on Nov 2nd, 2016 at 8:36pm:
How bout with the kensai tree to get keen edge? Heavy blades? Unarmed?

no reqs for keen edge.

go 10/6/4 so you can get killer access. something like

dws killer
nw harrier
kensei tier 5 keen, op atk
harper kta(if taking dire charge)
stalwart stance

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #6 - Nov 3rd, 2016 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Khopesh is inferior for wolf. You burn a feat and get no DPS benefit. It means you can equip your TF without a nonproficiency penalty, but any other 1 hand TF does the same damage without wasting that feat.

You'd want your focus to be martial arts or druidic, because biting always counts as "unarmed".

That being said, Keen Edge will not apply, no matter what you do. The only good stuff in Kensei for you will be MP related.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #7 - Nov 3rd, 2016 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
A wolf without Dance of Death is a sad wolf indeed unless you only care about boss DPS.

Haven't fleshed out the details yet, but was discussing something similar with a guildie last night.

Assuming 5FS is correct regarding most of the Kensai abilities not applying to wolves, I would think that a druid/ranger/monk mix would be best.

Minimum of 9 druid for Winter Wolf and Natural Fighting feats.  Minimum of 5 ranger for Dance of Death.  Minimum of 6 ranger if you're going for the swf/twf version.  The rest in Monk for evasion, melee power, etc.
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2016 at 4:49pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Nov 4th, 2016 at 1:34am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Nov 3rd, 2016 at 4:47pm:
Minimum of 6 ranger if you're going for the swf/twf version.

really giving up a lot if not stacking that 30% attack speed. 11 druid gets ice imbue spell. if going for fastest kobold time take 6 monk as it gets 3 henshin cores for 30mp. am sure the monk version could do sub 20 second kobold times.

you can take killer and harrier if not going dire charge. dire charge means giving up killer or harrier for kta. I would stay with harrier because it is less ap to get to. and 10% attack speed is pretty good.

Assuming 5FS is correct regarding most of the Kensai abilities not applying to wolves, I would think that a druid/ranger/monk mix would be best.

strike core works for 1crit multi. op attack works just fine.

A wolf without Dance of Death is a sad wolf indeed unless you only care about boss DPS.

boss dps would still want 1k cuts anyway. DoD is really good with monk kit attacks right now. stance strikes, iron fist, fist of light all register as basic attack animations triggering DoD. fist of light will heal per hit x number of mobs hit.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #9 - Nov 4th, 2016 at 9:08am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 4th, 2016 at 1:34am:
DoD is really good with monk kit attacks right now. stance strikes, iron fist, fist of light all register as basic attack animations triggering DoD. fist of light will heal per hit x number of mobs hit.

Yeah, this made rolling through Shadowdancer tolerable on a 6Monk/6Ranger/8Fighter PDK seeing multiple hits of Shrouding Stike and Executioner's Strike along side the Stunning Fists, Etc etc.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

later!

Reply #10 - Nov 4th, 2016 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Thx for al the help.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint