Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Artificier caster build (Read 3081 times)
Aiken
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Artificier caster build
Jan 3rd, 2017 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Hello! I want To start a nel Artificier character. I was thinking about a caster one. I Image My character using principally rune arm And spell like abilities in arcanotechnician tree.
The xbow like a secondary dps Way. What abilities, feats And more do You suggest?
I want To be a warforged probably
Thank You!

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: Artificier caster build
Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2017 at 12:43pm
Print Post  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Aiken
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2017 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Thank You Very much, But I was interested At a pure arti build. Colli You suggest one?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #3 - Jan 3rd, 2017 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
There aren't any good pure arti builds. Not for endgame.

If you're just looking for a past life, you'll do fine making it up as you go along.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #4 - Jan 3rd, 2017 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Aiken wrote on Jan 3rd, 2017 at 12:39pm:
Hello! I want To start a nel Artificier character. I was thinking about a caster one. I Image My character using principally rune arm And spell like abilities in arcanotechnician tree.
The xbow like a secondary dps Way. What abilities, feats And more do You suggest?
I want To be a warforged probably
Thank You!

If you LR+1 a sun elf they are probably the best pure ARTI casters.
The electric arrows from AA do about 200 damage per hit, and the lvl 30 feat adds about 150 per hit. Sun-elves also get accuracy and INT as primary stat.

41 AP aracno
14 AP Sun-elf
24 AP in Arcane archer

Shiradi

I had a lot of fun on this build, using Blade barrier, Ottos, then Tac Det and Pin.
Energy burst had a lot of electrical spell power which was nice.

However, even though this is the optimal set-up for Artificers, their DPS doesn't scale well into epics. Damage of Blade Barrier and Eburst + shock arrows can get you to 30 easily, but its not something that's optimal...

...unless you plan on giving everyone energy infusion + deadly in every quest and piking. ^^

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #5 - Jan 3rd, 2017 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 3rd, 2017 at 12:43pm:

I have to admit, while most of Tilo's builds were crap, something along the lines of this one can be pretty beastly.   

I've run across a a couple people on Ghallanda running this build or a variation of it and they do really well in LE (at least on LE without a lot of electric resistant/immune mobs).  In LE Slavers, they compete well with good AoE trash killing builds.
« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2017 at 3:40pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #6 - Jan 3rd, 2017 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Dunno why cant arties and wizzies get 2% crit chance universal / tier 1-2-3-4...

It is returded.

Imho they treat arties coz of infinite rune arms shots as if it would immediately make them op... maybe they shoudl have checked how awesome targeting can be with non-force/acid rune arms...

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #7 - Jan 3rd, 2017 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Aiken wrote on Jan 3rd, 2017 at 1:43pm:
Thank You Very much, But I was interested At a pure arti build. Colli You suggest one?

Prolly go shiradi with some draconic twists or go draconic with double rainbow.

BUT pure arti caster is not really an option, arties are more like inventors, who utilize different stuff for optimal questin.

Though there was a guy named firstwolf on khyber (or there still is), He was spanning energy bursts and auras, plus used his rune arm and repeaters in a very interesting combo. People could only out-dps him with the op builds (shurikanon, shiradi caster, furyshooter etc). So it is possible to use those cooldowns and bolts wisely, just needs some practice.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #8 - Jan 3rd, 2017 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jan 3rd, 2017 at 3:39pm:
I have to admit, while most of Tilo's builds were crap, something along the lines of this one can be pretty beastly.   

I've run across a a couple people on Ghallanda running this build or a variation of it and they do really well in LE (at least on LE without a lot of electric resistant/immune mobs).  In LE Slavers, they compete well with good AoE trash killing builds.

That build wasnt actually tilos, he just claimed rights  for it.
A poster on forums gave the idea as he was testing it, and he insta copied ideas of that dude and made the build and presented it as his month long invention.
But im sure you guys are aware of that
« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2017 at 5:53pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jan 3rd, 2017 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 3rd, 2017 at 5:48pm:
A poster on forums gave the idea as he was testing it, and he insta copied ideas of that dude and made the build and presented it as his month long invention.

I was not aware of this.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #10 - Jan 3rd, 2017 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 3rd, 2017 at 5:48pm:

Wasn't aware of that.  Didn't really care enough and mostly ignored Tilos' bazillion half-baked ideas to pay much attention to it until I ran some missions with a couple of people using a similar build the past few months.

IP Logged

Aiken
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jan 4th, 2017 at 5:49am
Print Post  
Thanks a Lot for The advices!  The Sun elf pure arti build seems Very interesting. Where I Can fine more detailes?

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 3:13am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jan 3rd, 2017 at 2:21pm:
If you LR+1 a sun elf they are probably the best pure ARTI casters.

If you're just looking for an Arti past life you don't even need to blow a +1 heart.  Take Cleric at 1st (since you have to) and 20th and then use the DD tree as the poor man's Wizard for +crit and SP, and Sorc Air for more +crit.

With current itemization of Earthen Mantle (you can slot +1 Evo on the heroic version w/o impacting ML much) you will land Tac Det 85+% in HE and on into lower EE, and things lying on their backs can only rarely kill you.  Lightning Sphere also will land for a 'blast and run past' tactic (works wonders in Memoirs), or just for interrupting casting and attacks until your next spell comes in to break it.

Artificer isn't a strong build by any definition, but it is a decent medium build, can be fun and it does synergize well in groups.  My chief cheese about the class isn't about DPS at all (it can use some, and also a third enhance tree), just that it lacks any decent group buffs and has to apply them slowly, one at a time.  In raids this becomes even more painful, of course.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint