Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Weekly (weakly) Sales? (Read 15158 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Weekly (weakly) Sales?
Reply #25 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 11:43am
Print Post  
I don't summon my panther much anymore.  As a level 18 hireling, it is only useful for a small level range.  I use it as a lever puller sometimes.  Back when MoTU came out, though, it was much more useful.  Sometimes had more HP than my non-tank characters.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 2:12am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 7:09am:
Would love a panther lol  Cheesy

They can't do this, and for what it's worth this is a valid position for them to take.  They promised that with the pre-order that the panther would be exclusive to that sale, and to their credit they have stood by that promise.

They might offer a different colored panther and call it different.  And they might claim that promises made by Turbine are not binding on SSG.  Dunno...  Time will tell.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 11:54am
Print Post  
I want a very dark gray panther.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 12:53am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 11:43am:
I don't summon my panther much anymore.  As a level 18 hireling, it is only useful for a small level range.  I use it as a lever puller sometimes.  Back when MoTU came out, though, it was much more useful.  Sometimes had more HP than my non-tank characters.

You almost never see them summoned any more, sad waste of coding.

IP Logged

Canteen Boy
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jan 27th, 2017 at 11:52am
Print Post  
They should add a kobold. That'd appease those that wanted them as a playable character class somewhat. They could repeat inane comments throughout the quest ala the cove.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #30 - Jan 27th, 2017 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Canteen Boy wrote on Jan 27th, 2017 at 11:52am:
They should add a kobold. That'd appease those that wanted them as a playable character class somewhat. They could repeat inane comments throughout the quest ala the cove.

You mean like the kobold companions already available in the DDO store?  Great idea!
http://ddowiki.com/page/Creature_companion

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jan 27th, 2017 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 12:53am:

Thats a problem that comes with the progression in this game. Hopefully game devs wise up and finally understand the many conveniences of flatter progression curves.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #32 - Jan 27th, 2017 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jan 27th, 2017 at 12:29pm:
You mean like the kobold companions already available in the DDO store?  Great idea!
http://ddowiki.com/page/Creature_companion

Zoumzoum named his Ericktreikos in honor of Disavowed. He made him do tricks on drunk raids. Good fun.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #33 - Jan 27th, 2017 at 1:09pm
Print Post  

They can pull a lever like a mofo in the few places that matters. I wish they would act like a pet and you could give them the Fuck Up Those Crates command.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #34 - Jan 27th, 2017 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Jan 27th, 2017 at 1:09pm:
They can pull a lever like a mofo in the few places that matters. I wish they would act like a pet and you could give them the Fuck Up Those Crates command.

You're right, it would be fun to watch the panther stare confusedly for a moment at a crate, before ignoring it completely.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

nagus
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Jan 27th, 2017 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 27th, 2017 at 2:08pm:
You're right, it would be fun to watch the panther stare confusedly for a moment at a crate, before ignoring it completely.

lol

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #36 - Jan 27th, 2017 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 27th, 2017 at 2:08pm:

This is accurately sums up trying to get a hireling or pet to do anything useful beyond the first 5 minutes after it has been summoned. 

I'm admittedly armchair quarterbacking it, but I really don't understand why it's so hard for the Rockstars to get hireling AI working, especially after multiple attempts over the years.

I wrote scripts for some *third-party* software back in my EQ days that ran heal bots, crowd-controllers, and melee that worked as well as, if not better, than a good portion of the real players.  Used to successfully multi-box raids with a couple of guildies where we ran 3-6 toons each with the scripts handling all but the main toon for each player.

The logic loops for monitoring health, removing negative buffs, and maintaining beneficial buffs should be pretty straight forward.  Ditto for crowd control functions and attacking.  It's essentially a bunch of IF ELSE and FOR loops.
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2017 at 4:09pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #37 - Jan 27th, 2017 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jan 27th, 2017 at 4:03pm:
IF ELSE and FOR loops.

The only "IF ELSE and FOR loops" they have figured out at Turdbine/Standing around Stoned are the ones for Pac Man LARP.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #38 - Jan 27th, 2017 at 10:58pm
Print Post  

Just like most of their older pieces of named gear, and therefore the quests that drop them. They are in such a rush to push out the latest crap that the code supporting the old stuff is useless bloat, doing nothing but slowing the system. The current stuff will no doubt soon follow, making what they are working on now yet another sad waste of code.

Maybe SSG will have an epiphany and stop obsoleting their own work, but I won't be pre-ordering anything in the hope that they do  Cheesy

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #39 - Jan 27th, 2017 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
Lhynn wrote on Jan 27th, 2017 at 1:01pm:
Thats a problem that comes with the progression in this game. Hopefully game devs wise up and finally understand the many conveniences of flatter progression curves.

LOL, if only I'd read a little further before posting, I could have saved myself some typing. Ah, well, mine's a bit snarkier, so it wasn't a total waste  Grin

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Jan 27th, 2017 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
So no sales at all this week? standing stones keeps upping the ante i see.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #41 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 4:56am
Print Post  
Lhynn wrote on Jan 27th, 2017 at 11:21pm:
So no sales at all this week? standing stones keeps upping the ante i see.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/483064-No-Sales-for-or-Special-Items-i...

1, Read.
2, Profit.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
They dont know how to put things on sale? Wat?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #43 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Lhynn wrote on Jan 28th, 2017 at 2:47pm:
They dont know how to put things on sale? Wat?

They lost control over the store when they were acquired by WB. WB wanted to do that part of operations with their own existing in-house people. Somehow that translated into a Russian company doing it instead. I imagine getting the store back is proving to be a giant legal and procedural and staffing nightmare. I'm sure SSG is adding its own special derp to that clusterfuck stew, but in this case it was already clusterfuck stew.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 28th, 2017 at 5:04pm:
I'm sure SSG is adding its own special derp to that clusterfuck stew,

Smiley

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
This is amazing on so many ways. What a clusterfuck.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 28th, 2017 at 5:04pm:
They lost control over the store when they were acquired by WB. WB wanted to do that part of operations with their own existing in-house people. Somehow that translated into a Russian company doing it instead. I imagine getting the store back is proving to be a giant legal and procedural and staffing nightmare. I'm sure SSG is adding its own special derp to that clusterfuck stew, but in this case it was already clusterfuck stew.

That makes sense for the first time they had a lapse in the regular weekly freebies and store sales, right after becoming SSG.

But since then they have run several sales and freebies.  This relapse into failure doesn't make sense.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Reply #47 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Company was paid up to the end of January to do work.. this week overlaps between months... store sales went 'down' at the end of the last full sale week for January
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2017 at 7:45pm by Doggydaddy »  

IP Logged

Billy the Id
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
Doggydaddy wrote on Jan 30th, 2017 at 7:45pm:
Company was paid up to the end of January to do work.. this week overlaps between months... store sales went 'down' at the end of the last full sale week for January

Makes sense.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #49 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jan 30th, 2017 at 6:40pm:
This relapse into failure doesn't make sense.

lol

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint