Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Looks Like Artificer Pass Is Next. (Read 6790 times)
Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Looks Like Artificer Pass Is Next.
Mar 30th, 2017 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
There is a thread on the motherboards where people are talking about "completely worthless enhancements".

One guy comments:
Quote:
- Anything in Battle Engineer

Reasoning: This tree is terrible, and can die in a fire, for all I care.

Steel jumps in and responds to that:
Quote:
*Glances at U36 changelists*

Heh.  Smiley

I find it funny that they just kept putting off Favored Soul, now suddenly it's: "LOL Nevermind! Artificer next!"

Personally, I'm ok with that.  Roll Eyes

Now the question is: How many updates will they delay Artificer, before canning that, and moving onto another class?
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2017 at 2:39pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Re: Looks Like Artificer Pass Is Next.
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Since artificer is already a great choice for heroic reaper and racial past life running,  the pass will most likely love them to the top spot, especially since their ap tree is so bad

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Mar 30th, 2017 at 3:07pm:
Since artificer is already a great choice for heroic reaper and racial past life running,  the pass will most likely love them to the top spot, especially since their ap tree is so bad

The tree will be bumped up to mediocre at best.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Although it would be neat to have a super OP rune arm build using RA's for DPS.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
That'd be neat, I wouldn't mind running more artificer lives...

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #5 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
It might be Steelstar sneaking in some changes again.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #6 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
we juggernauts again?

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #7 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 3:49am
Print Post  
Hmm. Mobility while rune arm charging at lower leverls would be nice.

But the pass will most likely mean some shit like adding some proc bugged effects that increase your damage by 20 sleppower for 20 seconds, 5 min cooldown.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 3:59am
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Mar 30th, 2017 at 3:07pm:

Since artificer is already a great choice for heroic reaper and racial past life running,  the pass will most likely screw that over completely.  That is how SSG rolls, after all.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 9:19am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Mar 30th, 2017 at 6:53pm:
we juggernauts again?

Who stopped playing Juggernauts?  And the Batman and Exploiter?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #10 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Weird. Arties already got a pass. Rogue Mechanic.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 10:48am
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 9:19am:
Who stopped playing Juggernauts?  And the Batman and Exploiter?

What are you talking about? What are these new builds?
Going back to firewall, shield blocking and torc for recon.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 10:50am
Print Post  
[quote author=516576797C170 link=1490898795/8#8 date=1490947169]

Since artificer is already a great choice for heroic reaper and racial past life running,  the pass will most likely screw that over completely.  That is how SSG rolls, after all.[/quot

All of the upgrades have been Ap tree focused. Artificers power comes from spells and class abilities. Their ap trees are weak. So not likely unless they get penalties in their ap trees

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 10:56am
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 10:48am:

I play a Tukaw, best build by a mile.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 11:01am
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 10:50am:
[quote author=516576797C170 link=1490898795/8#8 date=1490947169]

Since artificer is already a great choice for heroic reaper and racial past life running,  the pass will most likely screw that over completely.  That is how SSG rolls, after all.[/quot

All of the upgrades have been Ap tree focused. Artificers power comes from spells and class abilities. Their ap trees are weak. So not likely unless they get penalties in their ap trees

I doubt it.  They don't understand shit about gameplay or design, so I doubt they have any insightful consideration to give pertaining to jack fuck.  Anything that happens when they release material is pure coincidence, good or bad.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #15 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 11:51am
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 10:48am:

nah, The Power Ranger... the one that solo everything. That's THE Reference Build.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #16 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
If this pass includes an artificer oriented ED that could go a long way towards making them more epic playable.

I do think people will come around to playing artis more even without the pass. The AoE healing is useful in Reaper, boosts on scroll caster levels helps, plus the arti comes with a package of other abilities like traps, reasonable pew pew damage, weapon and group buffs etc. The versatility to fill a few roles is nice in the reapers I've run with one in the party.

Biggest problem for artis has been there are always a couple of classes or builds better than them at anything they do. They're a couple notches behind as casters and largely limited to electric damage, there are better ranged options, rogues usually are a better option on traps because of evasion, melee just isn't so hot, etc. They do tie with druids for least durable pet. That second or third best syndrome starts to cost them in epic or legendary levels when the margin for error gets tighter.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #17 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 9:52am:
Weird. Arties already got a pass. Rogue Mechanic.

Arti pass should just be giving them Mechanic as a 3rd tree.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #18 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
I have a guildie who will be thrilled with this, if it actually happens.

I've never played an Arty past 20, but he loves them.

And even *HE* complained about how gimp it was at epic levels.

So unless they:
  • Return the borked OP Spell Power to ArcanoTechnician
  • Add an ungodly amount of DPS and survivability to Battle Engineer
  • Invent a 3rd class tree to make up for Harper being a better option than either of the above...

It will continue to be a gimped class that's main use is as a handy 1 or 2 level splash.

Which is BS, because it's p2p. (You have to pay either way: Buy the packs for favour to unlock or just buy it outright).

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #19 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 6:00pm:

Should. But my pessimism says they'll derp EF & add piles of stupid pet tricks instead.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #20 - Apr 1st, 2017 at 1:36am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 6:00pm:

If they did this, they should remove the Crossbow specialization out of the Battle Engineer tree and add buffs for imbues.

ex.  Runearm imbues get Spell power.  Enchant weapons gives force damage affected by spell power.  Deadly gives Untyped damage affected by spell power.  Insightful strikes adds threat range.  Insightful Damage adds crit multi.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Apr 1st, 2017 at 10:57am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Apr 1st, 2017 at 1:36am:
If they did this, they should remove the Crossbow specialization out of the Battle Engineer tree and add buffs for imbues.

ex.  Runearm imbues get Spell power.  Enchant weapons gives force damage affected by spell power.  Deadly gives Untyped damage affected by spell power.  Insightful strikes adds threat range.  Insightful Damage adds crit multi.

Rune arms get a decent amount of spell power in AT, so adding the same in BE would just set up some double dipping.

The third tree which will never happen should add force based SLAs and spell crit (selector for force specific or general maybe), and then fill in with the usual array of things people take to make the min points to get to the next tier.  Some of them might actually be useful, or even new abilities and not just copy-pastes from other places.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #22 - Apr 1st, 2017 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
If only enhancement trees were like mobs. They'd give 'em death ward, add some insane number of hit points, and call it a day.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #23 - Apr 1st, 2017 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Apr 1st, 2017 at 10:57am:
The third tree which will never happen should add force based SLAs and spell crit (selector for force specific or general maybe), and then fill in with the usual array of things people take to make the min points to get to the next tier.  Some of them might actually be useful, or even new abilities and not just copy-pastes from other places.

I'd pay dollars of Real World money for a Summoner/Master Builder tree that allowed me to swap the dog for a golem, or maybe a pet watcher-bot like in Schemes that follows me like the FvS Shoulder Laser.

At this point, I'm not even concerned with "balance" or "end game viable" because Rockstarz™.

I'm just looking for some LULZ.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 6:08am
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Apr 1st, 2017 at 3:33pm:
I'd pay dollars of Real World money for a Summoner/Master Builder tree that allowed me to swap the dog for a golem, or maybe a pet watcher-bot like in Schemes that follows me like the FvS Shoulder Laser.

At this point, I'm not even concerned with "balance" or "end game viable" because Rockstarz™.

I'm just looking for some LULZ.

Summoner would be fun. But they don't want to make something that solos the dungeon for you. I think that is their hesitation with making summons a thing. There isn't anything that can be summoned that isn't shitty. The summoned monster will not even be scaled to the quest. Useless system in DDO put it next to the many useless things we already have in this game.

One of the best ideas I have seen for arty is from Reveaulting. It had to do with how artificers should be artificers with items. Crazy, I know. Think of a tree that would be actively Improving dcs for clickies, lowering cooldowns, and generally making them powerful enough to be used. A lot of interesting clickies never get used or crafted due to the devs inability to balance anything correctly.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.ďż˝ Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.ďż˝ They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint