Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Purey Shuri (Read 132116 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Purey Shuri
Reply #125 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 7:21am
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Dec 14th, 2017 at 7:00am:
Feat Progression: (Missing Warlock Life, due to being away forever, so no Completionist at 3 like normal.. Weapon Finesse, typically taken when Dex/Wis monk for wraps, is no longer needed when swapping to wraps, thanks to them finally fixing Wraps.. so 3 feats to fill instead of 1)

1 Rogue -> Level 1: Point Blank Shot
2 Monk -> Shuriken Expertise
3 Monk -> ?
   Monk -> Precision
4 Monk -> Level 3   : Quickdraw
5 Monk
6 Monk -> ?
7 Monk -> 10K Stars
8 Ranger
9 Ranger ->?
   Ranger -> Rapid Shot (Free)
10 Ranger
11 Ranger -> Precise Shot (Free)
12 Ranger -> Level 12 : Improved Critical
13 Monk
14 Monk
15 Monk  -> Level 15 : Improved Precise Shot
16 Monk
17 Monk
18 Monk  -> Grandmaster of Forms
19 Ranger
20 Rogue
Epic 1   -> Overwhelming Critical
Epic 2
Epic 3
Epic 4   -> Weapon Focus Thrown
Epic 5
Epic 6   -> Epic Positive Spellpower
Epic 7   -> Epic DR
Epic 8   -> Doubleshot
Epic 9   -> Elusive Target
Epic 10   -> Sneak of Shadows
Epic 10   -> Scion of the Ethereal

~Edit~ Unless there is a better line, could do Dodge/Mobility/Shot on the run for the extra 3 ranged power, lot of feats just for 3 power though.. thoughts?

Looks good. I would still pick up zen archery and imp. crit. ranged for manyshot. It gives the build a rotation of 10k for 30 seconds->manyshot for 20 seconds->10 seconds of cooldown->10k again. That is a full 50 seconds of sick burst and then 10 seconds later another 10k. That's a lot of bursting in 90 seconds.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #126 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 7:30am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 14th, 2017 at 7:21am:
Looks good. I would still pick up zen archery and imp. crit. ranged for manyshot. It gives the build a rotation of 10k for 30 seconds->manyshot for 20 seconds->10 seconds of cooldown->10k again. That is a full 50 seconds of sick burst and then 10 seconds later another 10k. That's a lot of bursting in 90 seconds.

Right, so Imp Crit Ranged and Zen.. leaves 1 feat open..

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #127 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Dec 14th, 2017 at 7:30am:
Right, so Imp Crit Ranged and Zen.. leaves 1 feat open..

Deflect Arrows. IMO it's too good to pass up for reaper, and would drop Weapon Focus in favor of it if you didn't have the open feat.

Consider Harbinger of Chaos instead of Elusive Target @ 29 if you want a little more punch.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #128 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Dec 14th, 2017 at 10:50am:
Deflect Arrows. IMO it's too good to pass up for reaper, and would drop Weapon Focus in favor of it if you didn't have the open feat.

Consider Harbinger of Chaos instead of Elusive Target @ 29 if you want a little more punch.

29 and 30 feats are all new to me, so just went off OP feat list and filled in as needed/removed some since ranger 6 auto grants 2 of them.

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #129 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Dec 14th, 2017 at 10:50am:

IMO these builds should be spending at least 11 points in vistani for free quick draw, Deflect Arrows, 5% double shot, favored enemy undead, defense bonuses and weapon versatility and haste boost. . That's a lot for 11 Ap.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #130 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Dec 14th, 2017 at 1:16pm:
IMO these builds should be spending at least 11 points in vistani for free quick draw, Deflect Arrows, 5% double shot, favored enemy undead, defense bonuses and weapon versatility and haste boost. . That's a lot for 11 Ap.

Interesting.  I had originally written off Vistani after the first preview.  So Shuri could look like this:

16 Halfling
39 Deepwoods Stalker T5
11 Vistani for the above
7 Harper for KtA
7 Ninja Spy for ANT/sneak attack

That assumes no RAP.  You can then swap the Deflect Arrows and Quick Draw feats for Weapon Focus Thrown and Ranged for 4 ranged power.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #131 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Dec 14th, 2017 at 2:39pm:
Interesting.  I had originally written off Vistani after the first preview.  So Shuri could look like this:

16 Halfling
39 Deepwoods Stalker T5
11 Vistani for the above
7 Harper for KtA

That assumes no RAP.  You can then swap the Deflect Arrows and Quick Draw feats for Weapon Focus Thrown and Ranged for 4 ranged power.

this is what i got;

if i had 10 more RAP then I would drop a point from halfling and there would be that 11 in knife fighter

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #132 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Curious why you skipped Heavy Draw.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #133 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Dec 14th, 2017 at 3:03pm:
Curious why you skipped Heavy Draw.

to hit penalty makes me graze on low numbers. Could be offset if you've got the racial completionist, completionist, fighter lives, enchant weapon lives. all of which i do not have.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #134 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Dec 14th, 2017 at 2:39pm:
16 Halfling
39 Deepwoods Stalker T5
11 Vistani for the above
7 Harper for KtA

More or less what i was going for, since I dont have racials yet, ill run with the top list, and as i get Racial points, slowly build up NiS tree for SA dice.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #135 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
1. I totally agree manyshot is a freebie with 6 ranger you have the feats for it and should definitely be rotating it on longer fights between 10ks and Unbridleds's's's

2. Vistani looks like it awesome low hanging fruit but for totals impossible to grab without Racial AP at this point.

3. Headshot has always seemed to be of questionable usefulness to me, but with manyshot it is more useful since the W's add up a bit more, and hey without AA you don't have any Active attacks when Sniper Shot is on cooldown. I say this assuming Improved Deception slotting for basically 100% SA uptime when combined with Sniper Shot. Is there some other aspect of it I'm missing?

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #136 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
I like the AP layouts of everyone above but if it is almost any race other than Halfling (like Iconics) then the AP should probably go into Vistani, at least 11 of them anyway.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #137 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Dec 14th, 2017 at 5:51pm:
I like the AP layouts of everyone above but if it is almost any race other than Halfling (like Iconics) then the AP should probably go into Vistani, at least 11 of them anyway.

Even halfling should take the vistani 11 point dive, I would much rather use Ap for feats, than Feat slots..

IP Logged

ChewyOoeyGoOey
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #138 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Dec 14th, 2017 at 7:16pm:
Even halfling should take the vistani 11 point dive,

Even at the loss of halfling Master Thrower for +1 crit threat?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #139 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Dec 14th, 2017 at 1:16pm:

Haste boost does nothing (unless now it does, has anyone tested?)
weapon versatility WTF does that mean
Quick Draw and Deflect Arrows are both BOSS free feats
5% Doubleshot is also Boss
and FE Undead is also Boss

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #140 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
ChewyOoeyGoOey wrote on Dec 14th, 2017 at 7:33pm:
Even at the loss of halfling Master Thrower for +1 crit threat?

if that's all it was yes, but you get so much SA dice and dex in halfing tree seems like a no brainer.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #141 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Anyone know if you can macro Rapid Attack to switch to knife, attack, get 20% Doubleshot, switch back to shuriken, re-enter stance, and utilize the doubleshot buff? It's morale so doesnt stack with killer but might be worth it for boss fights without trash if you lose those stacks.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #142 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Dec 14th, 2017 at 9:33pm:
if that's all it was yes, but you get so much SA dice and dex in halfing tree seems like a no brainer.

Im not sure why you both are trying to make it seem like its Halfing OR Vistani.. you can take both trees.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #143 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Dec 14th, 2017 at 9:32pm:

I'm not giving up 3 dex, sneak dice, and veil for deflect arrows and 5% doubleshot

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #144 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Dec 14th, 2017 at 9:48pm:
Anyone know if you can macro Rapid Attack to switch to knife, attack, get 20% Doubleshot, switch back to shuriken, re-enter stance, and utilize the doubleshot buff? It's morale so doesnt stack with killer but might be worth it for boss fights without trash if you lose those stacks.

This does work.  At least the doubleshot does stay with you after you switch back to shuriken.  I don't have macro keyboard though so it wasn't worth the time lost throwing to get that 20% doubleshot.

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #145 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Dec 14th, 2017 at 9:32pm:

Easy enough to take something other than haste boost if your attack speed is maxed out.

Weapon versatility lets you use the higher of your MP or RP for dmg, which can be very useful if you are picking up say 20 MP from monk trees and using MP boosting sentient weapons.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #146 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 12:26pm:
This does work.  At least the doubleshot does stay with you after you switch back to shuriken.  I don't have macro keyboard though so it wasn't worth the time lost throwing to get that 20% doubleshot.

That is worth it then. 25 doubleshot that is pretty much always on as long as you hit with the throwing knife.

New ap would be something like

16 halfing
37 dws
11 ninja
11 kinfie
5  harper  + racial ap  = 6
81 total

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #147 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 12:55pm:
That is worth it then. 25 doubleshot that is pretty much always on as long as you hit with the throwing knife.

New ap would be something like

16 halfing
37 dws
11 ninja
11 kinfie
5  harper  + racial ap  = 6
81 total

I almost wanna say forgo 11 ninja for getting Veil, and instead spend the extra lil bit into KtA from harper first. the initial point spent into it, is rather expensive to cast, trading Veil + 1 more point, to maxing KtA should be worth it. 8 Minimum harper, 9 for 1 ap less stat point with the core 2.
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2017 at 2:15pm by Vendui »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #148 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 12:28pm:
Easy enough to take something other than haste boost if your attack speed is maxed out.

Weapon versatility lets you use the higher of your MP or RP for dmg, which can be very useful if you are picking up say 20 MP from monk trees and using MP boosting sentient weapons.

Unless 10k is boosting your MP too this is FALSE

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #149 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Would be interesting to know if whirling blades (T5 Viastani) also is a global bonus to doublestrike or weapon specific. If so, uncentered Shuri throwers maybe just got new life

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26
Send TopicPrint