Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Zergalicious - Pure 20 Monk LD VKF Thrower DPS (Read 55086 times)
harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: Zergalicious - Pure 20 Monk LD VKF Thrower DPS
Reply #150 - Jan 25th, 2018 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jan 25th, 2018 at 5:59pm:
"Only", lol.

Something you guys aren't getting because you're theorycrafting instead of playing: This is a fun build to play.  Yes, Blitz disappearing on teleport doors sucks donkey balls, but you can mitigate that well enough by knowing the quest.

ive played throwers, including ones in LD, longer than almsot anyone who still plays DDO, except maybe 5FS. Most of you in this thread are the ones who have only ever played this build, or maybe 14/6 from pre-u36.

This build is actually a lot less fun to play for me. because you just autoattack. Every bit of active play from a Fury build has been stripped out.

On top of that you potentially lose a significant amount of DPS everytime you must portal somewhere because Blitz, which is not actually all that rare in quests and raids. That isn't this builds fault of course, but it matters nonetheless.

And finally, I have this build at 25, I know exactly how it plays. It's a line up mobs and autoattack build, at level 30 with final gear set it's no different, the numbers just get bigger.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #151 - Jan 25th, 2018 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
"Only", lol.

Something you guys aren't getting because you're theorycrafting instead of playing: This is a fun build to play.  Yes, Blitz disappearing on teleport doors sucks donkey balls, but you can mitigate that well enough by knowing the quest.

I'm not sure either of them has ever actually done anything in DDO, besides post on the vault.
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2018 at 9:43pm by Sergod »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #152 - Jan 26th, 2018 at 11:59am
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Jan 25th, 2018 at 9:43pm:
I'm not sure either of them has ever actually done anything in DDO, besides post on the vault.

lol

IP Logged

phoenix710
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #153 - Jan 28th, 2018 at 8:38am
Print Post  
have you figured out the gear list?

which twists are you using?

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #154 - Jan 28th, 2018 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Scroll back a page for the gear.

I started with Whirling Wrists/Meld Into Darkness/Rejuv Cocoon/Enlightenment/A Dance with Flowers.  Lately I've been running Renewal instead of Meld for high skull reaper.  With 138 Devotion in offhand and 60 Heal, it's worthwhile.  If most everyone I run with would actually twist it, I'd get rid of Cocoon for Stay Frosty I guess.
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2018 at 12:01pm by Carpone »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #155 - Jan 28th, 2018 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Is this build viable in the future? By that I mean in the next 2 months do you think it'll be nerfed/fixed?

And how you lv this up? Melee + heart at X lv or just go ranged from start? I don't have a TR train.
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2018 at 3:52pm by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #156 - Jan 28th, 2018 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Jan 28th, 2018 at 3:51pm:
By that I mean in the next 2 months do you think it'll be nerfed/fixed?

should be good. even shintao has months ahead of it, at worst. if duality doesn't get adjusted then spite and ranged builds will not be touched. eventually, I do expect ssg to further increase the ranged damage reaper penalty, and to adjust how spite dot works.

we know once they do a druid pass that they will ruin tree and wolf builds.
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2018 at 4:03pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #157 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 1:28am
Print Post  
I run sense weakness, whirling wrists, pin, enlightenment, and dance of flowers,

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #158 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Something you guys aren't getting because you're theorycrafting instead of playing: This is a fun build to play.

I've been playing the same build but without the RP/MP gimmick since June.

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1498343159

Yes, it is fun. No, there is nothing new under the sun.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #159 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 9:15am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 10:19am:
I've been playing the same build but without the RP/MP gimmick since June.

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1498343159

Yes, it is fun. No, there is nothing new under the sun.

LOOLOL SHADOWDANCER AND 146 POWER. Also 17-20 vs 15-20
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2018 at 9:17am by Sergod »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #160 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Umm, yeah, it's not updated. Obviously LD got a huge boost with RL. I always said default to SD with SA immune heavy metagame (that's the only way pure monk can bypass SA immunity), but swap to LD when appropriate.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #161 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 30th, 2018 at 12:29pm:
Umm, yeah, it's not updated. Obviously LD got a huge boost with RL. I always said default to SD with SA immune heavy metagame (that's the only way pure monk can bypass SA immunity), but swap to LD when appropriate.

This is especially important in new Ravenloft content where LOTS of undead aren't taking any SA damage from me.

I tried to say on the first page of this thread that this is not a new build, it's just a pure 20 thrower that is optimized for MP based on new Vistani tree, which again, as an idea MP was bandied about in 5FS's pure thread before RL was even released.

This build is probably better in SD than LD for Ravenloft content

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #162 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Jan 30th, 2018 at 9:15am:
LOOLOL SHADOWDANCER AND 146 POWER. Also 17-20 vs 15-20

Don't be a cunt just acknowledge what came before you

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #163 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jan 30th, 2018 at 2:35pm:
This is especially important in new Ravenloft content where LOTS of undead aren't taking any SA damage from me.

[...]

This build is probably better in SD than LD for Ravenloft content

Um, what? 

If you propose SD > LD, then provide the math to back it up.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #164 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jan 30th, 2018 at 5:01pm:

Um, what? 

If you propose SD > LD, then provide the math to back it up.

This build loses close to a third of it's DPS against undead because of SA immunity, SD allows a bypass to SA immunity. Undead problem solved.
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2018 at 8:03pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #165 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jan 30th, 2018 at 7:59pm:
This build loses close to a third of it's DPS against undead because of SA immunity, SD allows a bypass to SA immunity. Undead problem solved.

This proves and answers nothing.

If it is doing 50% more in LD than in SD, losing 33% means it'd still be better in LD.

Post the math or go home.

Even beyond that, you're theorizing in a vaccum and/or assuming 100% solo runs.   Being in a group with others who can enable sneak attack would obviously favor LD still.
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2018 at 5:37pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #166 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jan 31st, 2018 at 5:35pm:
This proves and answers nothing.

If it is doing 50% more in LD than in SD, losing 33% means it'd still be better in LD.

Post the math or go home.

Even beyond that, you're theorizing in a vaccum and/or assuming 100% solo runs.   Being in a group with others who can enable sneak attack would obviously favor LD still. 

I think maybe you dont understand the difference between sneak attack and sneak attack immunity. undead have immunity. Aggro is irrelevant as is number of people the party.

Against undead, you are:
-Not critting very much (depending on bypass value and fort)
-not Sneak Attacking
-probably reduced physical damage of some sort

Also, LD is not even close to 50% more damage than SD for this build.

You actually get more MP per tier of SD than LD (4 vs 3) for 24
You also get 6 more Dexterity (which is at least 3 base damage if not 6% missile rate if you aren't capped at 100 dex
You also get 6 SA dice, plus a temp boost of 2 more SA dice
You also get about 10 more Hide points
You get a blanket 5% increase in physical damage debuff that procs with SA Immunity debuff which at 12 second duration is permanently up on mobs (4 stars a throw, 1.5 throws/sec = 3.4 secs to roll a 20 on avg)

From LD you lose:

+1 Crit Threat (again, against undead, this is of less consequence than other mobs)
70 - 6 (cores) for 62 more MP than in SD. Given that you are running around at or around 270MP, 270 v 208 MP is a difference of 23% physical damage (and SA dice) scaling from different MP.

The worst part of not running in LD is actually not the loss of MP, it's the loss of Action Boost cooldowns for Prowess Set activation.

However, with the massive amount of SA damage this build does, full time SA damage uptime from SD Core 6 makes it preferable to running in LD versus SA immune mobs.

Eat dicks

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #167 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jan 31st, 2018 at 6:58pm:
I think maybe you dont understand the difference between sneak attack and sneak attack immunity. undead have immunity. Aggro is irrelevant as is number of people the party.

Against undead, you are:
-Not critting very much (depending on bypass value and fort)
-not Sneak Attacking
-probably reduced physical damage of some sort

Also, LD is not even close to 50% more damage than SD for this build.

You actually get more MP per tier of SD than LD (4 vs 3) for 24
You also get 6 more Dexterity (which is at least 3 base damage if not 6% missile rate if you aren't capped at 100 dex
You also get 6 SA dice, plus a temp boost of 2 more SA dice
You also get about 10 more Hide points
You get a blanket 5% increase in physical damage debuff that procs with SA Immunity debuff which at 12 second duration is permanently up on mobs (4 stars a throw, 1.5 throws/sec = 3.4 secs to roll a 20 on avg)

From LD you lose:

+1 Crit Threat (again, against undead, this is of less consequence than other mobs)
70 - 6 (cores) for 62 more MP than in SD. Given that you are running around at or around 270MP, 270 v 208 MP is a difference of 23% physical damage (and SA dice) scaling from different MP.

The worst part of not running in LD is actually not the loss of MP, it's the loss of Action Boost cooldowns for Prowess Set activation.

However, with the massive amount of SA damage this build does, full time SA damage uptime from SD Core 6 makes it preferable to running in LD versus SA immune mobs.

Eat dicks

Maybe you don't understand the difference between a wall of text with some numbers and actual math.  This wall of text didn't prove shit.  All you've done is puke some numbers up that we already knew or could easily look up.

Maybe you don't understand that if you have other people in your groups that enable SA on immune mobs, it doesn't matter if you have it.  Kind of surprised even you missed that point but whatever.

Additionally, you seem pretty dismissive of how much melee/ranged power affects Spite with it's extra base dmg.  Sergod already stated that his build is at 100 Dex in LD in Fire Stance, so the difference in Dex is moot.  60 additional melee power plus more AB than you can generally use between shrines, the extra crit range, and the other minor goodies in LD likely put this on par or likely still even ahead of SD even when you're not critting.

But hey, feel free to post some actual DPS math taking all the factors into account, or better yet, post a screenshot of you running 5FS's build getting > 2k damager per shuri on non crits.  Shouldn't be that hard to do if you're right.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #168 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
The number of errors in everything that harhar said is hilarious. Please keep talking so that you can continue to prove your ignorance.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #169 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 11:23pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Jan 31st, 2018 at 10:49pm:
The number of errors in everything that harhar said is hilarious. Please keep talking so that you can continue to prove your ignorance.

convincing.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #170 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jan 31st, 2018 at 10:42pm:
Maybe you don't understand the difference between a wall of text with some numbers and actual math.  This wall of text didn't prove shit.  All you've done is puke some numbers up that we already knew or could easily look up.

Maybe you don't understand that if you have other people in your groups that enable SA on immune mobs, it doesn't matter if you have it.  Kind of surprised even you missed that point but whatever.

Additionally, you seem pretty dismissive of how much melee/ranged power affects Spite with it's extra base dmg.  Sergod already stated that his build is at 100 Dex in LD in Fire Stance, so the difference in Dex is moot.  60 additional melee power plus more AB than you can generally use between shrines, the extra crit range, and the other minor goodies in LD likely put this on par or likely still even ahead of SD even when you're not critting.

But hey, feel free to post some actual DPS math taking all the factors into account, or better yet, post a screenshot of you running 5FS's build getting > 2k damager per shuri on non crits.  Shouldn't be that hard to do if you're right.

Here's an idea, PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS

then log into DDO, and try running some RL stuff that's heavy on undead in SD and SEE WHAT YOU THINK FOR YOURSELF.

Then you don't even need to fucking bother asking me.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #171 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jan 31st, 2018 at 11:24pm:

then log into DDO, and try running some RL stuff that's heavy on undead in SD and SEE WHAT YOU THINK FOR YOURSELF.

What server are you on? I'll transfer over and shit on your face. You have to eat it though.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #172 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
i'm on khyber, I already told you that. and you can transfer and poopsex wherever you want child.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #173 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 12:28am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jan 31st, 2018 at 11:24pm:

Yeah, guess you don't really have any math.  Thought so. 

There's some serious irony in you talking about other people pulling things out of their ass considering you pull things out of yours on a regular basis.  This thread in particular is full of the turds you've pulled out.

You're so desperate you're cheerleading for someone's else's build which you previously spent multiple posts claiming wasn't very good.

I run RL Reapers regularly.  I have zero problems killing the undead.  I'm not even on Sergod's build and from the videos he's posted, that build hits harder than the non-SD shuri I'm currently using yet I still have zero problems with undead.
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2018 at 12:50pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #174 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 11:56am
Print Post  
snowflakes every one of you

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13
Send TopicPrint