Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Zergalicious - Pure 20 Monk LD VKF Thrower DPS (Read 55037 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Zergalicious - Pure 20 Monk LD VKF Thrower DPS
Reply #200 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 2:42am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:57pm:
very easy to swap 20/7/4 wisdom item before 10k

thats like 3 different items?

harharharhar wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:57pm:
Prowess still having Prowess argument seems like nonsense to me. You get it 50% of the time, just like with 10k. Biggest difference is that you get all that ranged power for all of 10k (or most of it, the 20 from deadly rain is 20 of those seconds, which in LD is actually full time). So honestly, this is basically a wash.

Biggest difference is prowess is not only on during 10k but also on during cooldowns. Not close to wash. the fuk do you do on cooldowns? 20rp?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #201 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 2:42am:
thats like 3 different items?

Biggest difference is prowess is not only on during 10k but also on during cooldowns. Not close to wash. the fuk do you do on cooldowns? 20rp?

Wisdom swap is rough with new cooldowns no question, but you can replace 4 of that with a stance switch I guess, though on an RP build you probably just build for Wisdom instead of dumping it like with an MP build.

Regarding DPS:

Do you know how many long bullshit cut scenes there are between DPS?

Waiting at doors in Baba for your teammates?

Waiting for next wave to spawn?

Running around?

This game DOES NOT reward constant DPS, it rewards BURST.

How about in baba when the shambling mounds pop? BURST.

How about anytime a dangerous champ and a couple reapers pop? BURST.

I do not ascribe to the meta that constant DPS is somehow preferable to being able to burst hard when it's important to do so. Maybe that's a playstyle bias from playing Fury for so long, but I think it's important. I'd rather have all the doubleshot and MP/RP at once during 10k than have it spread out for only part of 10k, and then some not during 10k.

Not my meta president, bro.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #202 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Do you have spots where you dps for more then 30 seconds? How about for more then a minute? Each time you have to continue to DPS, you’re losing a lot of ground vs the melee set. When your boosts are up, you’re almost even.

That’s what he is saying

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #203 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 12:43pm:
Do you have spots where you dps for more then 30 seconds? How about for more then a minute? Each time you have to continue to DPS, you’re losing a lot of ground vs the melee set. When your boosts are up, you’re almost even.

That’s what he is saying

I understand what he's saying. It is exceedingly rare that I am DPS'ing for a full minute straight. Even if I was I have to take small breaks to:
-heal
-kite
-refresh shorter buffs (tensers, KTA macro, etc)
-reposition
-raise dead friends

This is a fact of playing the game, and it is also a playstyle preference. Over 11 years, I've found I perform better with the option to turn it up to 11 when I need to, to get dangerous things dead faster. The difference between trash and not trash in DDO is HUGE. Trash can be instakilled, level drained, pinned, whistled, etc. Red names can not be any'd of those. That's where the DPS actually matters, and it's a small amount of overall time spent attacking in DDO. For me, playstyle wise, that means burst is where it's at.

If I exclusively solo'd high reaper quests with giant HP bags that took 5 minutes to kill, I would wholeheartedly disagree with myself about burst. But that's not really how I spend any of my time in DDO.

Also for your scenario, while it's true that you do less damage between 10k's on an RP, build, you actually do MORE DPS during 10k on the RP build. You have 30 seconds of your highest possible RP/MP simultaneously during your highest Doubleshot (+100% from 10k).

With the MP build you get only 20 seconds (At most with perfect timing) of Prowess along with 10k doubleshot, or 66% of the time. Between 10k's you ONLY get 10 whole seconds of prowess due to cooldowns.

So the question is: Is marginal +10 seconds of Prowess without 10k on the MP build as valuable as the marginal +10 seconds of RP during 10k? Obviously the answer is no, because you're throwing MORE shurikens during 10k than in between 10k's (close to 30% more for most builds). You are actually maximizing boosts with an RP build as opposed to the MP build.

« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2018 at 1:53pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #204 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 1:34pm:
I understand what he's saying. It is exceedingly rare that I am DPS'ing for a full minute straight. Even if I was I have to take small breaks to:
-heal
-kite
-refresh shorter buffs (tensers, KTA macro, etc)
-reposition
-raise dead friends

This is a fact of playing the game, and it is also a playstyle preference. Over 11 years, I've found I perform better with the option to turn it up to 11 when I need to, to get dangerous things dead faster. The difference between trash and not trash in DDO is HUGE. Trash can be instakilled, level drained, pinned, whistled, etc. Red names can not be any'd of those. That's where the DPS actually matters, and it's a small amount of overall time spent attacking in DDO. For me, playstyle wise, that means burst is where it's at.

If I exclusively solo'd high reaper quests with giant HP bags that took 5 minutes to kill, I would wholeheartedly disagree with myself about burst. But that's not really how I spend any of my time in DDO.

Also for your scenario, while it's true that you do less damage between 10k's on an RP, build, you actually do MORE DPS during 10k on the RP build. You have 30 seconds of your highest possible RP/MP simultaneously during your highest Doubleshot (+100% from 10k).

With the MP build you get only 20 seconds (At most with perfect timing) of Prowess along with 10k doubleshot, or 66% of the time. Between 10k's you ONLY get 10 whole seconds of prowess due to cooldowns.

So the question is: Is marginal +10 seconds of Prowess without 10k on the MP build as valuable as the marginal +10 seconds of RP during 10k? Obviously the answer is no, because you're throwing MORE shurikens during 10k than in between 10k's (close to 30% more for most builds). You are actually maximizing boosts with an RP build as opposed to the MP build.

Now that you put it like that, you’re absolutely right. You do more dps during 10k stars, because you’re not fighting when 10k stars is offline. Because that’s the time to do other things.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #205 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 3:42pm:
because you’re not fighting when 10k stars is offline. Because that’s the time to do other things.

lol

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #206 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 1:34pm:
MORE DPS during 10k on the RP build

no

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #207 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 4:35pm:
no

**assuming equal values for MP and RP**

yes.
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2018 at 4:43pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #208 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 4:42pm:
**assuming equal values for MP and RP**

yes.

How do you assume that???

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #209 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
The whole point of the build is that op is able to get MP higher then RP

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #210 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 5:04pm:
The whole point of the build is that op is able to get MP higher then RP

Because with AF stacks and 80 Wisdom they they are equal.

With the difference in DPS during 10k discussed above, with AF stacks and 80 Wis, RP is HIGHER DPS TODAY during 10k.

If they fix prowess (probably when not if) they are equal without AF stacks. With AF stacks and 80 Wisdom, RP would be significantly more DPS.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #211 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 5:07pm:
Because with AF stacks and 80 Wisdom they they are equal.

With the difference in DPS during 10k discussed above, with AF stacks and 80 Wis, RP is HIGHER DPS TODAY during 10k.

If they fix prowess (probably when not if) they are equal without AF stacks. With AF stacks and 80 Wisdom, RP would be significantly more DPS.

You just agreed above that 1) 70 wisdom is more realistic 2) that you’re usually not standing still

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #212 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 5:49pm
Print Post  

DragonCrotch wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:58pm:
291 moving and 346 not moving

376 RP with IAF not moving (ranger splits).
Every 30 seconds of a minute. 

DragonCrotch wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:58pm:
253 and 353

353 fully mobile with IPS. every 10 seconds out of 20.

It has uptime twice during a fully mobile and IPS'd 10K. And then another prowess in that 30 second cooldown span before the next 10K activation.

Unless you can lowkey pause the game (pm me if you can), cooldowns are a real thing. Off cooldown RP builds fall to around 180 RP when not MP/RP Boosting and being mobile. MP build is 40~ MP higher during the same state, and gets one use putting them at 140~ MP higher. There is the difference in the henshin ap isolated right there. still offers value when off 10k and when moving during a 10k.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #213 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 5:16pm:
You just agreed above that 1) 70 wisdom is more realistic 2) that you’re usually not standing still

I agree 70 wisdom is more realistic for the MP build today, but I also said you can just build/gear for higher Wisdom on an RP build, which I stand by.

I am not normally standing still but you dont actually need to stand still to have AF stacks, you just need to stand still *sometimes* to refresh stacks

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #214 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
You're all fucking retarded.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #215 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 8:19pm:
You're all fucking retarded.

be quiet and let the grown ups talk

IP Logged

DragonCrotch
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #216 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
I guarantee that nobody out kills or out dps me with their ranger fury burst versions (not even myself) or any monk RP versions, or any other thrower for that matter. Zerg thanks for posting this build btw, I love it, and everyone on my lowly server I am on loves me for using it Smiley. It is great for running R10 content with some CC of course  Cheesy

YIM  
IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #217 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 6:15pm:
I agree 70 wisdom is more realistic for the MP build today, but I also said you can just build/gear for higher Wisdom on an RP build, which I stand by.

I am not normally standing still but you dont actually need to stand still to have AF stacks, you just need to stand still *sometimes* to refresh stacks

You can build for anything, but there are trade offs. Either, ap build points, or gear.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #218 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Moving around freely > standing still.  Theorycraft has a place, but it's not where the rubber meets the road especially when trying to justify micromanagement of macros/item swaps.  Stop living in a god damn simulation and acknowledge pragmatism.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #219 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Feb 7th, 2018 at 10:55am:
Moving around freely > standing still.  Theorycraft has a place, but it's not where the rubber meets the road especially when trying to justify micromanagement of macros/item swaps.  Stop living in a god damn simulation and acknowledge pragmatism.

Not to mention, I've yet to see damage lost during item swaps and activating the abilities then swapping back to the original items accounted for.

Since swap times are mostly static (only changes based on lag and how many items you're swapping), only the duration and the % of DPS increase really matter.  That makes it clear that the net return on macro'd swap abilities heavily favors abilities with longer durations and abilities that provide large percentages of DPS increase.

For example, if you assume a 10k DPS baseline and a 2s loss damage dealing due to swapping, the ability being swap macro'd would have to increase the DPS of the remaining 8 seconds by >25% to start coming out ahead.  Realistically, it would need to increase it by 30% or more to be worth bothering with.

Assuming a 30s ability with 2s swap loss and a base DPS of 10k, the ability would only need to provide a 10% increase to start coming out ahead.  However, if you lose 5-6s due to swapping multiple items for it, you're back to needing a 30% increase to break even.

Obviously those are just examples and actual in-game numbers will vary, but it's still worth considering.  Equally obvious is that this is only a concern if you're performing the swaps mid-fight rather than just prepping it right before the start.

It's the whole dojo kobold problem all over again.  Certain builds can post big, shiny numbers after prepping 10 different clickies, scrolls, boosts and activated abilities before the timer starts but that gives zero indication of a builds' DPS and potential outside of boost time.  It would be interesting to see what the results were if the testers aggregated 10 kobold kills back to back with no downtime in between and posted the combined time and average the DPS across that combined time.

« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2018 at 8:55pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #220 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Feb 7th, 2018 at 3:25pm:
Not to mention, I've yet to see damage lost during item swaps and activating the abilities then swapping back to the original items accounted for.

Since swap times are mostly static (only changes based on lag and how many items you're swapping), only the duration and the % of DPS increase really matter.  That makes it clear that the net return on macro'd swap abilities heavily favors abilities with longer durations and abilities that provide large percentages of DPS increase.

For example, if you assume a 10k DPS baseline and a 2s loss damage dealing due to swapping, the ability being swap macro'd would have to increase the DPS of the remaining 8 seconds by >25% to start coming out ahead.  Realistically, it would need to increase it by 30% or more to be worth bothering with.

Assuming a 30s ability with 2s swap loss and a base DPS of 10k, the ability would only need to provide a 10% increase to start coming out ahead.  However, if you need lose 5-6s due to swapping multiple items for it, you're back to needing a 30% increase to break even.

Obviously those are just examples and actual in-game numbers will vary, but it's still worth considering.  Equally obvious is that this is only a concern if you're performing the swaps mid-fight rather than just prepping it right before the start.

It's the whole dojo kobold problem all over again.  Certain builds can post big, shiny numbers after prepping 10 different clickies, scrolls, boosts and activated abilities before the timer starts but that gives zero indication of a builds' DPS and potential outside of boost time.  It would be interesting to see what the results were if the testers aggregated 0 kobold kills back to back with no downtime in between and posted the combined time and average the DPS across that combined time.

You obviously haven’t been reading. There is no fighting when 10k is off timer. It’s a big time out.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #221 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Feb 7th, 2018 at 5:50pm:
You obviously haven’t been reading. There is no fighting when 10k is off timer. It’s a big time out.

Oh shit.  You're right.  I missed that.  Thanks for pointing it out.

It all makes sense now...

IP Logged

NightLord
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #222 - Feb 8th, 2018 at 4:01am
Print Post  
Gear pls Smiley

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #223 - Feb 8th, 2018 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
NightLord wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 4:01am:
Gear pls Smiley

in comments

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #224 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 2:52pm:
in comments

This?

Sergod wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 9:46am:
executioner helm
shroud pom neck
echo ravenkind
shadwhail cloak
cutcord
crumbings
wom shroud boots
aom shroud bracers
nightfall ring
perfect pinnacle
disciple of dawn

That's like half a list, if you can parse it. And it gimps out for hp.

Shame...shame...shame...

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Send TopicPrint