Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) My Shitty Tempest (Read 90458 times)
DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: My Shitty Tempest
Reply #50 - Nov 23rd, 2018 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
What about scorge with beacon of day/night set?

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #51 - Nov 23rd, 2018 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
The CC on flow / nightshard is banannas for the dps they put out. If you were a racist maybe it would be good to go that way but the CC is crazy.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Nov 24th, 2018 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Nov 23rd, 2018 at 11:44pm:
The CC on flow / nightshard is banannas for the dps they put out. If you were a racist maybe it would be good to go that way but the CC is crazy.

You mean the "Identity Crisis" on Nightshard? Does it slow run and attack speed? how is the proc? And how flow with nightshard compares to a pair of Tornados for cc?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Symbiont wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 3:02pm:
• Goggles - Van Richten's Spectacles
• Helm - Legendary Executioner's Helm
• Necklace - Fleetfoot Necklace
• Trinket - CC (Dodge 15/Insightful Dexterity 7/Healing Amplification 61)
• Cloak - Legendary Shadowhail Cloak
• Belt - Legendary Braided Cutcord
• Ring - Legendary Ring of Nightfall
• Gloves - Molten Silver Gauntlets
• Boots - SL (Constitution 17/Accuracy 28/Stunning 20/Quality PRR 11)
• Ring2 - Legendary Band of Insightful Commands
• Bracers - Legendary Lore-Fueled Packbanner
• Armor - Legendary Mist-laden Vestment
• Weapon 1 - Flow, the Piercer of Hearts
• Weapon 2 - Legendary Vulkoor's Edge

Switched to almost exactly this.

What swap against skeletons that works with weapon finesse? Morninglord light maces? My to-hit is too low to use Beacon of Night effectively. Craft heroic Shroud Greater Disruption light maces?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #54 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 13th, 2018 at 11:56am:
Switched to almost exactly this.

What swap against skeletons that works with weapon finesse? Morninglord light maces? My to-hit is too low to use Beacon of Night effectively. Craft heroic Shroud Greater Disruption light maces?

Baba light hammer

TF / LGS light maces and hammers.

IP Logged

Synchrono
Waterworks Kobold

I am not a noun, I am
a VERB.

Reply #55 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
You might also consider First Light the hammer from the Anniversary party. Doing the Light damage which it mistakenly labels as sonic makes it rather nice on a whole lot of mobs. Given that it should be back up soon its something to consider.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:First_Light_(level_30)

If you don't want to spend a ton a mats 3xPos GS has a lot going for it still to this day.
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2018 at 6:40pm by Synchrono »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #56 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Dec 13th, 2018 at 4:37pm:
Baba light hammer

TF / LGS light maces and hammers.

Derp.  Forgot about good ol' Morninglord or Night Mother's light maces and hammers, too.  Given how easy those are to get versus burning mats for TF or LGS or Baba runes, they might be your best option.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Dec 26th, 2018 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Dec 13th, 2018 at 9:02pm:
Derp.  Forgot about good ol' Morninglord or Night Mother's light maces and hammers, too.  Given how easy those are to get versus burning mats for TF or LGS or Baba runes, they might be your best option.

I ended up pulling the Baba Light Hammer. Funny thing, that weapon, it has kopesh base dice. The paralyzing is great too. Pretty good swap for skeletons. I paired it with a Morninglord light hammer. Slotted with Deconstruct augments to give adam + bludgeon bypass on clay golems.

Now I just need to pull the Age of Rage scimitars and slot them with good to bypass cold iron + good for flensers/reavers/renders. The Byshek property for xorian renders/flensers/reavers

Lawful needs to be slotted somewhere for tharak hounds.

That should cover Shroud and TS/Hox for me.

Flow is already evil + chaotic. Gloves have silver, and I slotted Flows with good.

And I guess Celestia x2. Yay for citw until my eyes bleed!

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #58 - Dec 27th, 2018 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
what race do you all like playing this as?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Dec 28th, 2018 at 12:09am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Dec 27th, 2018 at 11:46pm:
what race do you all like playing this as?

I'm scourge, AP layout is on page 3. Feats are same as Junk's in OP. If I had racial AP then i would aasimar over scourge.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #60 - Dec 28th, 2018 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 28th, 2018 at 12:09am:
I'm scourge, AP layout is on page 3. Feats are same as Junk's in OP. If I had racial AP then i would aasimar over scourge.

am I going crazy? I do not see AP layout anywhere in this thread

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Dec 28th, 2018 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Dec 28th, 2018 at 2:28pm:
am I going crazy? I do not see AP layout anywhere in this thread

https://i.imgur.com/gKh7J3X.png

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #62 - Dec 28th, 2018 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Thanks.

I assume people have done the math with TWF daggers using VKF and Tempest instead of DWS and it's inferior for pure 20 Ranger?

Why is pure ranger better than some of the possible splashes? 18R/2Mnk with stances seems like it could be pretty good, especially with some of the twists available?

Sorry, haven't meele'd in years, if these are dumb questions
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2018 at 9:53pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Dec 29th, 2018 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
The dps would have to be massively in favor of the 18/2 dagger split to justify giving up the cc of Flow and Nightshard. Those weapons are stupidly good.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #64 - Dec 29th, 2018 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Dec 28th, 2018 at 9:46pm:
Thanks.

I assume people have done the math with TWF daggers using VKF and Tempest instead of DWS and it's inferior for pure 20 Ranger?

Why is pure ranger better than some of the possible splashes? 18R/2Mnk with stances seems like it could be pretty good, especially with some of the twists available?

Sorry, haven't meele'd in years, if these are dumb questions

The simple answer is that the tempest/deepwood enhancement trees are about the same as vistani; however, rapier and scimitar have better base damage and a better critical threat range.

If they fix the prr reduction on suffering (or pain, I can't remember which one) then maybe vistani will pull ahead. Coco said it is logged as a bug.

Rogues use daggers because they got a unique plus one multi from the assassin tree. That multi puts them on even footing with tempest critical profile.
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2018 at 12:39pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #65 - Dec 29th, 2018 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Dec 29th, 2018 at 12:37pm:
The simple answer is that the tempest/deepwood enhancement trees are about the same as vistani; however, rapier and scimitar have better base damage and a better critical threat range.

If they fix the prr reduction on suffering (or pain, I can't remember which one) then maybe vistani will pull ahead. Coco said it is logged as a bug.

Rogues use daggers because they got a unique plus one multi from the assassin tree. That multi puts them on even footing with tempest critical profile.

Yeah that makes sense given the [w]'s and current meta with those raid weapons like rubbins said. If they made dagger versions of flow and nightshard, maybe they'd be a legit option

Like, if you did 41 Tempest, 11 DWS for Exposing Strike, and 24'ish in VKF, you'd net:

- full 20% Morale DS, with +3[w] active and ~100% uptime, including rednames (so much better than single tier of Killer)
- +1[w] with daggers and centering for a Dance of Flowers twist for up to +2.5[w]
- Energy Drain Immunity (nice to have)
- +20% offhand DS T4 VKF
- +10% Main HAnd DS and +10% Off hand DS Core 3/T4 VKF
- Free Undead FE
- +8 damage from all the little bonuses added up

You would be giving up from DWS stopping at 11:
-10% fort bypass
- 1 SA dice.
- Not enough AP for KTA. Tho you could drop 20% offhand procs and do 21 in VKF, leaving 7 AP for KTA.
- Biggest thing is you would be missing 1 crit threat over Scimi/Rapier (but you're kind of making up for it with massively more doublestrike/offhand procs over DWS), which also really boosts the value of all that SA damage you would be doing.

It seems like it really just comes down to the weapon meta I guess because the split otherwise looks bananas better on paper than 21 in DWS.
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2018 at 12:07am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #66 - Dec 30th, 2018 at 10:23am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Dec 29th, 2018 at 12:37pm:

Assassin gets 15-20x4 on standard daggers.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Dec 30th, 2018 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
what's the point of STR over DEX if you are using flow anyways?

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #68 - Dec 30th, 2018 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Dec 30th, 2018 at 1:59pm:
what's the point of STR over DEX if you are using flow anyways?

Because I don't ONLY use a Flow.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #69 - Dec 30th, 2018 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 30th, 2018 at 10:23am:
Assassin gets 15-20x4 on standard daggers.

sure sure I could have worded that better.  Tempests get more hits per second than assassin/vistani due to the off-hand doublestrike from tempest capstone, so the better threat range compensates for that.

~

assassin/vistani daggers: 15-20x4 = 6*3 = 18
vs
tempest rapier/scimi: 14-20/x3 = 7*2 = 14
vs
vistani dagger: 16-20/x3 = 5*2 = 10

Assassin + Vistani makes daggers great, vistani alone gives daggers some mojo but its not's the be all end all DPS tree.
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2018 at 7:18pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #70 - Dec 30th, 2018 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
If you were gonna go rogue/ranger hybrid, I would go 12 ranger / 8 rogue. You get some SA dice, ass trick, trapping, and improved uncanny dodge---while keeping dance of death and the ability to use superior crowd control weapons.

Assassinate is amazing though in high reaper. It's really a toss up in my mind if you need the ability to do traps. Tempest capstone is crazy.
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2018 at 7:20pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Dec 30th, 2018 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Dec 30th, 2018 at 6:20pm:
Because I don't ONLY use a Flow.

Right, assuming you use Calamity for bosses. Help me understand what is the advantage of doing that. It's less base damage than Vulkoor's but you get your damage 38 times in 20 rolls, while the scimitar is getting it 37 times. It's a 2% improvement from this extra crit profile, but going DEX you can use Lore Fueled Packbanner for 10% insightful doublestrike (you can put the stun in the slaver item being CON/devotion/stun/QCON). So in theory the DPS is higher on Vulkoor, assuming someone has vulnerability, worst case using flow off-hand won't be very far behind.

You also save feats that can become melee power. On the other hand tempest spine is being run a lot, and finding a character with STR is a problem for parties.

side note: every build that has a free feat at 28 should take mass frog, very useful even with low wis because there's a lot of mobs with dumped will, and these are excatly the most annoying ones (stuff with typically high fortification and imune to helpless CC)
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2018 at 8:50pm by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #72 - Dec 30th, 2018 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
this is all super helpful thanks

WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Dec 30th, 2018 at 7:19pm:
If you were gonna go rogue/ranger hybrid, I would go 12 ranger / 8 rogue. You get some SA dice, ass trick, trapping, and improved uncanny dodge---while keeping dance of death and the ability to use superior crowd control weapons.

Assassinate is amazing though in high reaper. It's really a toss up in my mind if you need the ability to do traps. Tempest capstone is crazy.

Yeah I thought having ass trick and exposing shit with a whole lotta SA dice and a whole lot of doublestrike and offhand doublestrike would be sweet.

Would being centered with daggers and using Perfect Pinnacle in fire stance (say like 18ranger/2Monk) add a lot of CC? That's nice if it does because you can just bolt that on to any dagger you want to use, like the half of the asshole ones. I imagine that plus Balanced attacks + Dire Charge would be nice. Plus fire stance adds a little DPS with the crit multi

« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2018 at 11:22pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #73 - Dec 30th, 2018 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Dec 30th, 2018 at 8:39pm:
Right, assuming you use Calamity for bosses. Help me understand what is the advantage of doing that. It's less base damage than Vulkoor's but you get your damage 38 times in 20 rolls, while the scimitar is getting it 37 times. It's a 2% improvement from this extra crit profile, but going DEX you can use Lore Fueled Packbanner for 10% insightful doublestrike (you can put the stun in the slaver item being CON/devotion/stun/QCON). So in theory the DPS is higher on Vulkoor, assuming someone has vulnerability, worst case using flow off-hand won't be very far behind.

You also save feats that can become melee power. On the other hand tempest spine is being run a lot, and finding a character with STR is a problem for parties.

side note: every build that has a free feat at 28 should take mass frog, very useful even with low wis because there's a lot of mobs with dumped will, and these are excatly the most annoying ones (stuff with typically high fortification and imune to helpless CC)

I'm pretty sure Dex is better at than STR at this point in time.   I'm still STR because I'm lazy and all my leveling weapons are Khopeshes.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #74 - Dec 30th, 2018 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
flow on its own is sufficient CC.
it is the most powerful weapon in the game, and I doubt even Sharn's super power creep will cause tempests to drop it.

Every time you crit it interrupts the mob's attack cycle. You are swinging 7 times a second or some shit and you crit like 30% of the time. So if you can get on top of a mob it is just held there retarded.

Going robes and 2 monk means you need the PRR enhancements from shintao which is pretty rough---and the tempest capstone is a crazy dps increase.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22
Send TopicPrint