Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) How Update 14 was Presented to Turbine (Read 17079 times)
Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Re: How Update 14 was Presented to Turbine
Reply #25 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 6:03am
Print Post  
Step 1.  Fire the idiot designing gear.  (I despise him so much I can't even recall his name)
Step 2.  Hire a monkey.
Step 3.  ???
Step 4.  Profit.

Statistics show that this will improve gear by 65%.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #26 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 9:00am
Print Post  
It's actually really simple they believed if they accelerated all the casual players to Forgotten Realms level and gave them easy cheap gear and made everything easy for them the casual players would turn into end game players.  Unfortunately, they failed to realize casual players will always be casual players.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #27 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 9:01am
Print Post  
GreyMouser wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 1:34am:
Im just saying yes we know. Im not saying how we deal with it.

Upgrading the outdated slot options  on old Epic items would be a step in the right direction.

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #28 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 9:10am
Print Post  

Start by breaking Feather_of_the_Suns fingers and putting Genesai back in charge of loot.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #29 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 9:12am
Print Post  

That sounds ominous.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #30 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 9:18am
Print Post  

Is a fix on the "WF Spell Song fix" schedule or the "OMG the fuckers are selling the wands from Crystal Cove" schedule?

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #31 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 9:49am
Print Post  
The fix obviously is to add another slot to the legacy equipment that is filled with a random effect.  After all, who doesn't like the thrill of discovering how badly their equipment is screwed?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #32 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 10:31am
Print Post  
@Epoch - Old content is fine.  Unless you are doing something like Neverwinter and giving the community the ability to make content no developer can create content quickly enough to satisfy the 40-80 hour per week power gamer crowd. 

The 10-20 hour per week crowd isn't the problem.  They don't get bored or run out of stuff to do.  It takes them too long to get anything done.

But if you want to keep the meta gamers going long term, you need your content additions to be just that - additive.  Not replacements.  If you start out with 5 end game quests and every time you release new end game quests, the previous 5 become obsolete then you  haven't really expanded your game all that much.  But, if you create an environment where you now have 10 quests that make sense to run, then you've accomplished something. 

Fostering an environment where the 15 FR quests added to the existing 33-35 current end game quests to make 50ish end game options would have been a win.  Wiping out the 33-35 for the most part, as well as the ROI on TR'ing?  Well, that was poorly thought out.  I've got no problem with running Evon5/6 every now and then.  I agree that if it's all that's worth running after 2 years of being out, that's a problem.  But if it is part of a stable of content that i can cycle through and not get bored?  Works for me.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #33 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Bill Z Bubb wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 9:49am:
The fix obviously is to add another slot to the legacy equipment that is filled with a random effect.  After all, who doesn't like the thrill of discovering how badly their equipment is screwed?

Being serious for a second, I personally prefer MORE customization on end game gear and less standardization.  Not randomization, that is terrbile. 

But the epic slots were a step in the right direction.  It's a terrible shame that the new loot dropped customization(Slots) and went to randomization.  I think every epic item should have 2-4 standard effects and 1-3 slots that can hold varying types of effects and degrees of power.  That will stop the issue of having 6 +7 CON items.  Let me slot whatever +7 stat I want rather than making it static. 

Give us slots that work like this:

Ability Scores:
Level 20: +6 stat of choice or +1 Exceptional
Level 22: +7 stat of choice or +2 Insight
Level 24: +8 stat of choice or +3 exceptional

Casting:
Level 20: School Focus +1 or Spell Pen +1 or Element Type +90
Level 22: School Focus +2 or Spell Mastery +1 or Spell Pen +2 or Element Type +105
Level 24: School Focus +3 or Spell Mastery +2 or Spell Pen +3 or Element Type +120

Defensive:
Level 20: GFL or Toughness or Dodge 2% or Heavy Fort or Natural Armor +5 or Protection +5 or Resistance +5 or Blur 10% or PRR +10
Level 22: SFL or Exceptional Fort +25% or Dodge 3% or Nat Armor +6 or Prot +6 or Resist +6 or Blur 20% or PRR + 20
Level 24: DR10/Epic or Dodge 4% or Displacement (5/Rest) or Nat/Prot/Resist +7 or PRR +30

Offensive:
Level 20: +4 To Hit or +4 Damage or +5 Sneak Attack or +5 Combat Mastery or +6 Seeker or Bypass Fort 10%
Level 22: +5 To Hit or +5 Damage or +6 Sneak Attack or +6 Combat Mastery or +10 Seeker or Bypass Fort 25%
Level 24: +6 To Hit or +6 Damage or +5 Exceptional Sneak or +5 Exceptional Combat Mastery or +4 Exceptional Seeker

Utility:
Level 20: FF, Underwater Action, Blindness Immunity, Poison +Something, Disease +Something, Good Luck, +200 SP, FoM, resist element 30
Level 22: FireShield Cold, Fireshield Hot, Element of Choice Absorb - 20%, Resist Element 40, +250 SP, Kinetic Energy (ala Torc!)

Level 24: Element Absorb - 33%, Resist Element Exceptional +10, +300 SP, Better Kinetic Energy

Weapons:
Level 20: +.5[W] or +Metal Type or + Good/Anarchic/Law/Light/Element type
Level 22: +1[W] or +Metalline or + Good/Anarchic/Law/Light/Element type Blast
Level 24: +1.5[W] or +1 Crit Multiplier or + 1 Crit Range or Good/Anarchic/Law/Light/Element type Greater Blast
(Caster Stick options too for Potency, Implement, etc increases on Weapons)

That's what I would rather see.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #34 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 1:58pm
Print Post  

I think a few people missed that you were actually quoting someone, and thought that the first paragraph was yours.

Lern2quote noob!!!!   Grin

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 2:49pm
Print Post  

Someone needs to beat into these people that the only thing bigger numbers on the same item slots brings is more of the same shit you did yesterday, and not any actual new tricks. Feather and his "I'm done with this patch and working on the one after next, so don't even bring up changes." attitude is just the most glaring and grating example.
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2012 at 2:50pm by »  

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #36 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
I don't know why you guys are bothering to give feed back. I have read over the old threads. Nothing has changed. Fruitless endeavor is fruitless.

You need to find the thread where FoS said he would make Abbott about 40 times harder than it currently is if he had a chance. A person with that thought process shouldn't be allowed within 50 feet of the code. He isn't trying to make an enjoyable game. He is trying to punish people because he got beat up in high school.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #37 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
After Tolero and Cordovan, you'd think they would know better than to hire people from the playerbase. Feather_of_Sucks is just another shining example of this.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #38 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 2:55pm:
I don't know why you guys are bothering to give feed back. I have read over the old threads. Nothing has changed. Fruitless endeavor is fruitless.

You need to find the thread where FoS said he would make Abbott about 40 times harder than it currently is if he had a chance. A person with that thought process shouldn't be allowed within 50 feet of the code. He isn't trying to make an enjoyable game. He is trying to punish people because he got beat up in high school.

I've been reading the DevTracker entries from the beginning, and it's pretty clear that once upon a time, the developers were engaged in trying to do a good job and took pride in their work.

Here's an example of Eladrin being pleasant:
Quote:

They are VERY quick to respond to players saying "Thank you for doing a good job" which reveals that they do read the forums.

However, when they make an "oops", it goes unacknowledged and there is never ever any contrition in the communication from the developers.  There is no indication that any review of mistakes made after premature deployment happens.  No ''Lessons Learned"

Here is the post that Stainer referenced:

Quote:

Ha Ha!  That's a Knee Slapper!

But, yeah, nothing changes.  People have been asking Turbine to learn from their mistakes for a LONG LONG time.  From 5 October 2007:

Quote:
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2012 at 5:07pm by OldCoaly »  

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #39 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
You ought to know better than to go digging around for that stuff. MajMal said he didn't give a shit about the past, he was only focused on what happened going forward.

We can see how well that turned out.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #40 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 4:56pm:
However, when they make an "oops", it goes unacknowledged and there is never ever any contrition in the communication from the developers.  There is no indication that any review of mistakes made after premature deployment happens.  No ''Lessons Learned"

For the most part this is true with the exception of MadFloyd who has eaten crow on occasion and Maj who has done the same once or twice.

Quote:

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 2:55pm:

turbine knows that all they have to do is provide a glimmer of hope that things will change for the better to get the insane and/or ignorant to spend money on turbine's product.

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 9:10am:
Start by breaking Feather_of_the_Suns fingers and putting Genesai back in charge of loot.

This

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
GreyMouser wrote on Oct 3rd, 2012 at 6:04pm:
They need to make ML 23-24 versions of all the Epic loot from eVon, eDQ, eFens, eChrono, ePhilarian, eSentinels, ane eChaos and give you a way to upgrade existing ML20 epics to the higher version when you get something only obtainable by running EE content.  Do the same with the Cannith Challenges.  Add another tier that takes the items up a notch to ML 22-24.

I have no problem with some grind when it is varied and there is a lot of different things to do.  When you make it so narrow, that gets boring quick.

Yep.

It would also be nice if they could do something about the fact that running an epic pre-raid/raid gives me a whole 2k xp because I farmed for something on heroic, before I capped and before the expansion was even announced. 

MF told me they were working on something, I was hoping it was mroe then the bypass timer, but apparently it wasn't.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #44 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 10:31am:
@Epoch - Old content is fine.  Unless you are doing something like Neverwinter and giving the community the ability to make content no developer can create content quickly enough to satisfy the 40-80 hour per week power gamer crowd. 

Old content is not fine.  It was old long before epics, and was worn out again when epics were released.  If they go back through all the old content and make different leveled gear 22/23/24 or whatever instead of coming out with new items, and new content, like any real mmo would - I will pull the trigger instead of continuing to watch Tarrant through my scope.

PS  Tarrant, I still have you in my sights.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #45 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 8:55pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

green00_00
Butterface

DDO Vault Failure

Reply #46 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Remember when everyone had a hard on for FoS? Everyone was all like 'man he is a no nonsense badass who doesn't afraid of anything and posts hi welcomes on the official forums'.

then a few raid loots and MLP references later and everyone is putting on hoods and forming the lynch party.

[Color=red][Size=6][b][center]But you'll notice, not butterdick[\center][\b][\Size][\color]

Apparently I cannot figure out signatures.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #47 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
green00_00 wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 9:05pm:
Remember when everyone had a hard on for FoS?

No

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
green00_00 wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 9:05pm:
Remember when everyone had a hard on for FoS? Everyone was all like 'man he is a no nonsense badass who doesn't afraid of anything and posts hi welcomes on the official forums'.

then a few raid loots and MLP references later and everyone is putting on hoods and forming the lynch party.

You're thinking of the sycophants on the other forums.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #49 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
Osharan Tregarth wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 1:58pm:
I think a few people missed that you were actually quoting someone, and thought that the first paragraph was yours.

Lern2quote noob!!!!   Grin

Forums are hard yo.

Grin

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint