Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Poor Epoch (Read 8687 times)
Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Poor Epoch
Nov 7th, 2012 at 8:54am
Print Post  
Your vote matters! is neat.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Re: Poor Epoch
Reply #1 - Nov 7th, 2012 at 11:23am
Print Post  
It is like this every election.  Always has been, always will be.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2012 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Even with changing to the popular vote as the determination of a winner I'd bet polls would still be open in Alaska and Hawaii when a winner was declared.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2012 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Epoch, who do you blame?

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #4 - Nov 7th, 2012 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Frogs have solved that...

All the DOMs and TOMS ( Départements d'Outre Mer and Territoires d'Outre Mer ) with the exception of the TAAF ( Terres Australes et Antarctiques Françaises ) gets to vote before France.

That way, when the results are announced, we are sure everything is closed.

Edit : why the TAAF are excluded ?
Because unless you start counting Penguins, that's less than 100 people. And as they get stuck where they are for lots of months, and the election dates are known a long time before they happen, they should have made sure to be able to vote by mail or through a proxy.
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2012 at 2:18pm by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #5 - Nov 7th, 2012 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Heck, the results of all but what - 8 states? - were known before polling places even opened. The media politely waits to call the other 42 states until polls are closed though, even though not even 1% of the results are in for that state at that point.
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2012 at 3:06pm by cdr »  

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #6 - Nov 7th, 2012 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Nov 7th, 2012 at 3:05pm:
Heck, the results of all but what - 8 states? - were known before polling places even opened. The media politely waits to call the other 42 states until polls are closed though, even though not even 1% of the results are in for that state at that point.

Anyone who followed Nate Silver last election would have been following him this time as well and knew how things were going to pan out at least a week before the polls opened.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #7 - Nov 7th, 2012 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Nov 7th, 2012 at 3:57pm:
Anyone who followed Nate Silver last election would have been following him this time as well and knew how things were going to pan out at least a week before the polls opened.

As Nate Silver would be the first to tell you, he deals in probabilities, not predictions. Nate Silver had Obama with a high chance of winning (peaking at 90% on election morning, I think) but Nate Silver would not have been shocked if Romney won.

EVERYONE has known for months the 42 uncontested states were irrelevant to the outcome, Nate Silver had nothing there. That's why 90% of the campaign spending went to those ~8 states.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #8 - Nov 7th, 2012 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Epoch, who do you blame?

I blame my parents.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Nov 7th, 2012 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Nov 7th, 2012 at 8:54am:
Your vote matters! is neat.

http://i.imgur.com/jH54L.png

I see hawaii isn't even important enough to be dismissed?

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Nov 7th, 2012 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Alaskans don't even get a cool sticker like Gawna did, I bet.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #11 - Nov 7th, 2012 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Nov 7th, 2012 at 7:51pm:
As Nate Silver would be the first to tell you, he deals in probabilities, not predictions. Nate Silver had Obama with a high chance of winning (peaking at 90% on election morning, I think) but Nate Silver would not have been shocked if Romney won.

Few things are certain. 

For FiveThirtyEight.Com, Nate's been very clear that his game is about the accuracy of the model, not the outcome.

I should have said "Anyone following Nate Silver knew how things would Probably pan out long before the polls opened" and deeply regret my mis-statement.

I am currently 82% likely to blame Epoch's parents until Feather_Of_Sun announces that it's been "fixed" and that it should work fine.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #12 - Nov 7th, 2012 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Nov 7th, 2012 at 9:22pm:
Few things are certain. 

For FiveThirtyEight.Com, Nate's been very clear that his game is about the accuracy of the model, not the outcome.

I should have said "Anyone following Nate Silver knew how things would Probably pan out long before the polls opened" and deeply regret my mis-statement.

I am currently 82% likely to blame Epoch's parents until Feather_Of_Sun announces that it's been "fixed" and that it should work fine.

http://isnatesilverawitch.com/

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #13 - Nov 7th, 2012 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Nov 7th, 2012 at 9:06pm:

Grace wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 5:55pm:
Now run before the pitchfork mob comes at you for putting politics outside the P&R subforum.

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Nov 7th, 2012 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
It didn't really have anything to do with politics. It was a comment directed at Gawna, mostly, who would know what I was talking about. Go sit at the kids' table; the grownups are talking right now.

she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Nov 7th, 2012 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Nov 7th, 2012 at 11:04pm:
It didn't really have anything to do with politics. It was a comment directed at Gawna, mostly, who would know what I was talking about. Go sit at the kids' table; the grownups are talking right now.

Talk about missing the point.  No me gusta!

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Reply #16 - Nov 8th, 2012 at 12:41am
Print Post  

The point wasn't about the content of your post, rather that you feel the need to blabber about improper forum placement when it is done by someone who is generally not on the same page as you.  In the earlier posts, I replied in kind to a prior post, which was political in nature, with a political response. Being ignorant, you assumed I brought P&R into the wrong area, whereas I was merely continuing someone else's sidetrack.

Here, the OP, not in P&R, clearly was a comment about the election, even if it was just a "poor epoch" note.  Selectively, there was no call for pitchforks. Not that there should have been...  I simply wasted to point out that you use false outrage to piss and moan...

Then again, you probably have a "Certificate" in something which makes you ultimately qualified to rule all discussions...

One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Nov 8th, 2012 at 1:14am
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Nov 8th, 2012 at 12:41am:
The point wasn't about the content of your post, rather that you feel the need to blabber about improper forum placement when it is done by someone who is generally not on the same page as you.  In the earlier posts, I replied in kind to a prior post, which was political in nature, with a political response. Being ignorant, you assumed I brought P&R into the wrong area, whereas I was merely continuing someone else's sidetrack.

Here, the OP, not in P&R, clearly was a comment about the election, even if it was just a "poor epoch" note.  Selectively, there was no call for pitchforks. Not that there should have been...  I simply wasted to point out that you use false outrage to piss and moan...

Then again, you probably have a "Certificate" in something which makes you ultimately qualified to rule all discussions...

Are you seriously telling me you took her tongue in cheek post seriously?  It was a completely sacastic response because people have accused her of doing the same thing.  Grace is always right.

/vaginahighfive

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Nov 8th, 2012 at 1:29am
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Nov 8th, 2012 at 12:41am:

You're an idiot.

I posted that because Gawna texted me on election day telling me "I think I picked up the wrong sticker" and a pic of her "Yo Voté" sticker. I thought it was funny, especially since we joke about her being Mexican. Hence my post, which was a cue to joke about the sticker or her being a landscape artist.

It's nothing at all like what you did (which I barely cared about anyway, see Gawna's post), because it was a personal joke. But then you had to come along and ruin it like a dumbass that doesn't understand gradiation, context, or humor. Now go sit in the fucking corner and think about what you've done.
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2012 at 1:30am by Grace »  

she's Kmack's property

Quote:

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Reply #19 - Nov 8th, 2012 at 1:35am
Print Post  
Sorry I pissed in your Wheaties. Have a nice night.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #20 - Nov 8th, 2012 at 1:45am
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Nov 7th, 2012 at 9:06pm:

We should get one that says:

Alaskan votes are equivalent to Palin.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Nov 8th, 2012 at 2:17am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 8th, 2012 at 1:45am:
We should get one that says:

Alaskan votes are equivalent to Palin.

How about "We may be irrelevant, but we also have all your damn oil."

she's Kmack's property

Quote:

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Nov 8th, 2012 at 3:14am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 7th, 2012 at 7:55pm:
I blame my parents.

Egomaniac.
Always "my" "mine" ...you never blame my parents.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Nov 8th, 2012 at 3:20am
Print Post  

Grace, I am jelly.
You are away for some days, you get a thread about you.
And now I see that one% maybe has a complex Database with all your post answers.
30th September, holyshit...that is ages ago... how did you have that, 1%?

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #24 - Nov 8th, 2012 at 6:05am
Print Post  
Quote:
Grace, I am jelly.
You are away for some days, you get a thread about you.
And now I see that one% maybe has a complex Database with all your post answers.
30th September, holyshit...that is ages ago... how did you have that, 1%?

The Brick comment is a lot older and I still referance that  Cheesy

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint