Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Meteor Shower: Updated u22 Halfling (Read 102852 times)
Arbitoroflife
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: The Meteor Shower: 12Monk/5Wizard/3Rogue
Reply #125 - Apr 30th, 2014 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Well, damn, 5 more runs of CITW, and I would have had Celestia, then I was going to TR and try this build out.
And them I'm hit with a 14 day ban.

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #126 - Apr 30th, 2014 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Arbitoroflife wrote on Apr 30th, 2014 at 10:58am:
Well, damn, 5 more runs of CITW, and I would have had Celestia, then I was going to TR and try this build out.
And them I'm hit with a 14 day ban.

Post it in Infractions

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #127 - Apr 30th, 2014 at 11:27am
Print Post  
whoa what happened? were you mad duping?

IP Logged

Arbitoroflife
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #128 - Apr 30th, 2014 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
nope, the mad-duper account is still nice and active, full of goodies.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #129 - May 6th, 2014 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
So. After 30 ToD's (including short 6 manned ones on elite completing on ~17minutes by the end lol) I FINALLY got a Gilvenors ring for the set.

My throw rate BEFORE gilvenors over multiple tests resulted in:

Level 28, Blinding Speed, Quickdraw and Rapid Shot (build posted on first page of this post)

No Gilvenors, No Tensors:
35.86 Seconds / 50 Throw Animations: ~.7172 Seconds/Throw Animation

Gilvenors, No Tensors:
35.55 / 50 Throw Animations: ~.711 Seconds/Throw Animation

No Gilvenors, Tensors:
35.50 / 50 Throw Animations: ~.71 Seconds/Throw Animation

Gilvenors/Tensors:
35.25 / 50 Throw Animations: ~.705 Seconds/Throw Animation

So....

Tensors results in increased Ranged Alacrity
Gilvenors stacking bonus results in increased Ranged Alacrity

Sadly, as I suspected, it's almost nothing. I believe the issue here is this:
Throw animation = X at level 1, with no feats. For the sake of theory, lets call it 2 seconds. X = 2 (seconds).

Now, the following feats increase Thrown Attack speed:
Quickdraw
Rapid Shot
Blinding Speed

On a level 7 Monk, assuming X throw speed (though it might be more like 1.05X for having >5 BaB) the Heroic feats do the following:

Rapid Shot: 14.72% Increased RoF (81.5 Seconds / 50 Animations vs. 69.5 Seconds / 50 Animations)
Quickdraw: 14.72% Increased RoF (81.5 Seconds / 50 Animations vs. 69.5 Seconds / 50 Animations)
Combined Effect of Both Feats: 24.79% Increased RoF (61.3 Seconds / 50 Animations vs. 69.5 Seconds / 50 Animations)

I think we can assume that as programmed, these bonuses are supposed to be 15% and 15% for Quickdraw and Rapid Shot. I think due to limitations of my testing, the combined effect is also supposed to 25%. Wheres the other 5%?

I have no idea. The only thing that is clear is that increasing your sources of Ranged Alacrity (Feat, BaB, Enhancement, or Competence) stacks in a way that DECREASES the effectiveness of further increases. I am about to ETR/TR/ETR again, so I will update this post as I have more data at different levels and feats. For example, now that I have Gilvs on my thrower, I will test at lvl 20 without Blinding speed. When I TR, I will test it at 18 with and without the two Heroic feats. BaB (Tensors, Divine Power, Divine Crusader) definitely makes a difference. And in fact, it seems to make a BIGGER difference if you're using a Bow instead of a Thrown Weapon, but that could be noise in my not quite exhaustive testing.

I suspect Gilvenors will make a much bigger difference without Blinding Speed. I believe Tensors will behave the same.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #130 - May 7th, 2014 at 7:38am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 6th, 2014 at 12:10am:
As I explained above, Shadow Dodge is +3 Dex unobtainable elsewhere and stacking.

EDIT: thanks for the tip.  That's what I thought  Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2014 at 3:31pm by Persiflage »  

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #131 - May 7th, 2014 at 7:51am
Print Post  
Also...  thinking about going Halfling over Drow, partly for flavour, partly because I mostly solo and like to run with an increased Dodge cap as far as I can make it go.  It strikes me that if you're giving up on OC, you only need enough Str for Power Attack in any case.  However, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to find the AP to put in the racial tree anyway.  Does No Mercy stack with Sense Weakness?  If it doesn't, then I'll just twist SW and claw the needed points back out of the Assassin tree.  If it does stack, that's hard-to-give-up DPS vs opponents affected by Nerve Venom, so I'm unsure...

Thoughts?

wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #132 - May 7th, 2014 at 7:57am
Print Post  
Quote:
Does No Mercy stack with Sense Weakness?

It did when I quit, doubt its changed, since ive not heard anyone moaning about it.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #133 - May 7th, 2014 at 11:40am
Print Post  
yes No mercy and Sense Weakness both stack.

Ive only trained in No Mercy again because of Stand and Be Judged, otherwise I run without it for more dex other places and SA. Since I'm mostly running SD now, it's less important.

Shadow Dodge does seem to be additive, as it were. Prefer not to dwell on that.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #134 - May 7th, 2014 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on May 7th, 2014 at 7:51am:
Thoughts?

Just curious - if you're giving up on OC, why do you want PA? It's a ranged toon, right? Has PA started giving something of benefit to ranged toons? It's been a while since I played so excuse me if I've missed something obvious...

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #135 - May 7th, 2014 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
i can only imagine he wants it for twists, or for charging Blitz when in LD (so he can train Momentum swing and Lay Waste). But it's not really a good twist, and those things are slow.

So I have no idea why he wants PA either frankly.
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2014 at 12:31pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #136 - May 7th, 2014 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Aha, cheers for the clarification. Makes sense from that perspective but yes I wouldn't bother with it myself then.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #137 - May 7th, 2014 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on May 7th, 2014 at 12:30pm:
i can only imagine he wants it for twists, or for charging Blitz when in LD (so he can train Momentum swing and Lay Waste).

That's where my head was at, but really I wasn't thinking at all...  I am so used to doing things that way that I wasn't considering NOT having Power Attack, if you follow me; it was just a reflex.  The only toons I've not taken the feat on before are pure casters and the pure repeater Arti who is going to be TR'd into this build (or something similar).

Any thoughts on Drow vs. Halfling?

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #138 - May 7th, 2014 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on May 7th, 2014 at 3:29pm:
Any thoughts on Drow vs. Halfling?

Drow gets an extra feat & skill point per level with same potential dex.

Halfling has a bunch of broken enhancements with same potential dex.

You don't have completionist so you could afford to go with halfling in that regard, however if you went drow you could squeeze in deflect arrows.

If you're really worried, hold out for the next lam build and see if the halfling thrower enhancements are finally fixed.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #139 - May 7th, 2014 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
This build and this thread is fantastic HarHar,

I was just going to leave my thrower at cap, I couldn't see any reason to TR, but the tensors looks friggen fun!
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2014 at 4:55pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #140 - May 7th, 2014 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
Quote:
This build and this thread is fantastic HarHar,

I was just going to leave my thrower at cap, I couldn't see any reason to TR, but the tensors looks friggen fun!

Once you have it full time, you just wont ever want to go without.

I tried it last week. I was going to do it for a week, but I only lasted 2 days. Switching to scroll cast, and/or realizing I forgot to for 5 minutes is infuriating. Even displacement which I can self case, I frequently find myself not bothering except in the most dangerous of situations.

Anyway thanks, glad you like it.

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #141 - May 7th, 2014 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on May 7th, 2014 at 5:46pm:
Once you have it full time, you just wont ever want to go without.

I tried it last week. I was going to do it for a week, but I only lasted 2 days. Switching to scroll cast, and/or realizing I forgot to for 5 minutes is infuriating. Even displacement which I can self case, I frequently find myself not bothering except in the most dangerous of situations.

Anyway thanks, glad you like it.

No, no, Thank you! I insist!

I totally understand that mate!  I have tried running other throwers without Shuriken expertise and it just drives me nuts, and without whirling wrists? arrrrrrgh!

Well this really is cool, it has had me crunching number and pouring over stuff for a couple hours now man!

And that is the sign of a fantastic idea.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #142 - May 7th, 2014 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
So EllisDee over on motherforums has tipped me off that he saw a thread about throwing attack speed a while back that demonstrated there was a hard cap to it.

Anyone remember that?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #143 - May 7th, 2014 at 8:01pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #144 - May 7th, 2014 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
cant get that link to pop open.

But I have done tons of tests with every variable except tensors (very excited to do it now!) I drove my guild mate crazy cranking out numbers after for throwers. 

If using stars you can push the rate of fire through the roof, there is a limit on animations not on shots taken. 

I would use a base shuriken and run bench tests on the dummy using the combat log.  You could only time in 15 second splits because you would run out of room on the comabt history running anything longer.

You would punch a non-speed affect boost like damage, after the test split is done you scroll back to this action boost entry in the combat log and count forward. So boost,  then start throwing, pay no attention to the animation.  at the end of 15 second you would roll back you combat history and count every "roll" paying no attention to hits misses whatever, only counting initial rolls to hit.  Then you took you arrived number and multiplied it by four to arrive at per min, or you could divide and get it down to per second.

strip down all the variables and attach them separately and do runs, I would usually do at least 5-10 runs on each variation, throw out the lowest and highest numbers and get the average, and list the remaining lowest and highest rate as well. 

Interestingly the haste action boost never really delivered much of a bump at high levels.

I would usually get a normal run around rate of 164-196 per minute, and with 10k stars going a rate of 244-287.

Really the Shuriken expertise and Ninja II are crazy amplifiers, But I cannot wait to try that tensors and check rates of fire.
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2014 at 8:24pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #145 - May 7th, 2014 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
go to the google cache.

Tensors is mainly for the +4 alchem dex. The fact that it makes most forms of ranged alacrity unnecessary is a nice added bonus I'm just learning about.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:tzM5jPgfOYUJ:https://www.dd...

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #146 - May 7th, 2014 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:
cant get that link to pop open.

But I have done tons of tests with every variable except tensors (very excited to do it now!) I drove my guild mate crazy cranking out numbers after for throwers. 

If using stars you can push the rate of fire through the roof, there is a limit on animations not on shots taken. 

I would use a base shuriken and run bench tests on the dummy using the combat log.  You could only time in 15 second splits because you would run out of room on the comabt history running anything longer.

You would punch a non-speed affect boost like damage, after the test split is done you scroll back to this action boost entry in the combat log and count forward. So boost,  then start throwing, pay no attention to the animation.  at the end of 15 second you would roll back you combat history and count every "roll" paying no attention to hits misses whatever, only counting initial rolls to hit.  Then you took you arrived number and multiplied it by four to arrive at per min, or you could divide and get it down to per second.

strip down all the variables and attach them separately and do runs, I would usually do at least 5-10 runs on each variation, throw out the lowest and highest numbers and get the average, and list the remaining lowest and highest rate as well. 

Interestingly the haste action boost never really delivered much of a bump at high levels.

I would usually get a normal run around rate of 164-196 per minute, and with 10k stars going a rate of 244-287.

Really the Shuriken expertise and Ninja II are crazy amplifiers, But I cannot wait to try that tensors and check rates of fire.

Or just use non-returning stuff and count how many were thrown after a set time.

Works with arrows, too. Which is how I discovered that the animation for the rate of fire with bows does *not* totally apply. Either that, or my doubleshot is much higher than 3% (skill enhancement).

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #147 - May 7th, 2014 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
I fight with returning so I tend to test with returning.

also it would be a whole lot of non-returning stars, I can sit and test for hours at a time when I tweak something. 

interesting tidbit about the animation and arrows as well thanks!

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #148 - May 9th, 2014 at 8:49am
Print Post  
A lot of talk about rate of fire, but how is your base damage? (in shiradi)
I suspect it shouldn't be that different from other variants, I'm curious.

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #149 - May 9th, 2014 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Base damage doesn't change across ED's much. A little bit in Shiradi, a few base damage in the cores. The rate of fire is a contentious issue, but it seems to cap at each BaB based on sources of alacrity.

What makes the biggest difference in base damage is whether or not the ED has Dex as a stat choice. Dex is the ultimate source of base damage.

Damage Mod:
+35 (Dex)
+11 (Deadly)
+4.75 (TF Base Dice)
+2.4/1.2 (Seeker VI/Seeker XII, 10% Crits) This is from Ring of the Stalker or Consuming Darkness depending on your gearing
+0-4 (Drow)
+12 (Enchantment Bonus TF)
+3 Arcane PL
+3 Monk
+6 Ranger but I think it doesn't work

So as I said, with the exception of Drow, the base damage on a shuriken build is most heavily affected by Dex modifier, then Enchantment Bonus of Weapon, then Deadly. All the rest is important as increased sources of damage, but those make of the lions share of the value.

For me personally my base damage is around ~70 before ED stance.

I usually run in SD, I have a lots of SA damage on this character. 12d6+2 listed under Sneak Attack feat, plus another 12 from Masque, and 8 from Avithoul. And of course TF procs.

Here's a fun picture of my damage to a helpless mob with 20 stacks of Vuln, and archers focus. AKA my damage to red/purples until they fix stand and deliver.

« Last Edit: May 9th, 2014 at 12:52pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12
Send TopicPrint