Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) U22 Swashbuckler Dev post by Varg (Read 49430 times)
Daze
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama! I do ...
I really do.

Re: U22 Swashbuckler Dev post by Varg
Reply #150 - May 14th, 2014 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 6:57am:
No. It is about swashbuckler. Most of these comments were before swf line was out. Rapiers seem good with swashbuckler and swf. Bastard Sword beating out 2handers for damage with swf currently as is.

This ... what's the point of 2hf if 1hf is going to provide more dmg bonus. The weapon dps isn't a large enough gap to cover that.

My biggest problem is the misnomer of single weapon fighting as it skips the most prevalent form of fighting with 1 weapon. Next thing is they will say sword and board toons are fine because .. SWF.

Yes I am aware they are currently saying sword and board will be getting fine tuning in the future ... but I've heard that type of cop out before and it amounted to nothing. Followed with all the fanbois saying but it was fixed here <swf>!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #151 - May 14th, 2014 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
spathic wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 7:28am:
I'm wondering about something along the lines of a Drow 13/4/3 bard/arti/rogue split. On top of the SWF bonuses, Xen'drik weapons for added rapier effectiveness, extra inspire courage damage from Warchanter, rune arms, and sneak damage.

I may not want to go above 6 bard. 12+ has diminishing returns unless I want the Bard icon/PL.

With 6 bard that qualifies me for the core tier 3 swashbuckling stance, and tier 5 abilities. Only thing I get at 12+ bard is spells, enchant bonuses, Slippery Mind, and Evasion feats. Which don't beat out 2 rogue splash and all it's enhancment trees.

Balizarde +9, 13-20 crit range including imp. critical piercing, x3 multiplier. 11-20 crits in Divine Crusader. +61 Minimum damage bonus if str mod equals 20 and full Single Weapon Fighting line

First three cores.

+1 dodge, +1 enchant bonus, +2 dmg, +2% doublestrike, crit range and multiplier increase, and uncanny dodge.

rest of tree.

tier 1; dodge +3

tier 2; Deflect Arrows every 2 seconds (better than monk feat which is every 6 seconds only). Doublestrike 30% action boost.

tier 3; +5 damage at lv 25 if empty off hand, and also 7% doublestrike with it. 6d6 scaling by spellpower sonic damage on crits.

tier 4: imp. destruction on crit

tier 5; +5 Damage while the Precision feat is active. When you damage an enemy but do not critically hit, you gain a stacking +1 Insight Bonus to Critical Threat Range until you successfully critically hit.

Edit; •5 AP, class level 3: Swashbuckling: Defensive Stance: May not want to go above 3 bard since it still gets crit range bonus at core 2.  Does Kensai Keen Edge stack with Swashbuckler crit range? That would bring Balizarde to 11-20 in any ED, and 9-20 in Divine Crusader?

« Last Edit: May 14th, 2014 at 2:35pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #152 - May 14th, 2014 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:07pm:
With 6 bard that qualifies me for the core tier 3 swashbuckling stance, and tier 5 abilities. Only thing I get at 12+ bard is spells, enchant bonuses, Slippery Mind, and Evasion feats. Which don't beat out 2 rogue splash and all it's enhancment trees.

Has the evasion in the tree being moved away from 20 cap?

Yes I do not really see the need to go over 6 bard, yes you lose some spells, but can make up for some it with clickies, pots, flask and scrolls use.

That evasion should be moved down imho even to 18 bard levels core would be an improvement, But you would be better off splashing deeper rogue and fighter and other stuff into the build.

Also that tier 5 reflex save boost would be nice with a rogue splash? Unless your going for improved evasion and not worrying too much about saves, should help get saves high enough to matter?
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2014 at 5:52pm by NaturalHazard »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #153 - May 15th, 2014 at 12:10am
Print Post  
NaturalHazard wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 5:50pm:
Has the evasion in the tree being moved away from 20 cap?

Yes I do not really see the need to go over 6 bard, yes you lose some spells, but can make up for some it with clickies, pots, flask and scrolls use.

That evasion should be moved down imho even to 18 bard levels core would be an improvement, But you would be better off splashing deeper rogue and fighter and other stuff into the build.

Also that tier 5 reflex save boost would be nice with a rogue splash? Unless your going for improved evasion and not worrying too much about saves, should help get saves high enough to matter?

Not convinced on paper that anything over 3 bard levels is better for swashbuckling. If you wanted for flavor. Higher dps can be achieved by going 2wf or swf with a bastard sword. Without having to take bard levels.  I suppose if you wanted to wear the hat and a cape, you roll 6 ftr, 3 bard, 11 rogue. Swash until youre blue in the face.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #154 - May 15th, 2014 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Yeah well this is all very nice and all, that would go through all this trouble but, the other two bard trees need work and one thing has always bugged me is that a lot of the things in the bard song buffs don't stack with a lot of other things so what is really the point of them? Its been like this for how long?

And yeah looking at it, with the swf you would probably be stronger if you just ignored bard, and went with bastard swords swf and splash other stuff.

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Reply #155 - May 15th, 2014 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
NaturalHazard wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 8:04pm:
And yeah looking at it, with the swf you would probably be stronger if you just ignored bard, and went with bastard swords swf and splash other stuff.

They made the SWF and THF feats exclusive last lamannia update. You can't use both anymore.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #156 - May 15th, 2014 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
FM wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 11:51pm:
They made the SWF and THF feats exclusive last lamannia update. You can't use both anymore.

That has nothing to do with what he said.  Who cares if I cannot increase my 'glancing blow' percentage.

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Reply #157 - May 16th, 2014 at 1:45am
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 11:54pm:
That has nothing to do with what he said.  Who cares if I cannot increase my 'glancing blow' percentage.

Interesting idea. I wonder how 20% glancing blow damage on 2/4 attacks compares to other weapons with better crit profiles.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #158 - May 16th, 2014 at 2:58am
Print Post  
NaturalHazard wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 8:04pm:

They implement the insta kill on perfom DC for swashbucklers, and people will play them. Their tier 5 is actually very good with that ability as the pillar. Bards are gonna make forums cry nerfs if this go through. Cant wait. We all get to TR into a bard and have it nerfed 3 months later. have fun, sincerely Turbine

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #159 - May 16th, 2014 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 16th, 2014 at 2:58am:
They implement the insta kill on perfom DC for swashbucklers, and people will play them. Their tier 5 is actually very good with that ability as the pillar. Bards are gonna make forums cry nerfs if this go through. Cant wait. We all get to TR into a bard and have it nerfed 3 months later. have fun, sincerely Turbine

I think Turbine's method of balancing death effects is to make all endgame enemies undead, constructs, and/or red/purple named.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #160 - May 16th, 2014 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
I'm still laughing at their +12 !!!!! Reflex save as Tier 5.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #161 - May 16th, 2014 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on May 16th, 2014 at 3:42pm:
I'm still laughing at their +12 !!!!! Reflex save as Tier 5.

Shocked
I need to see this.
Turbine is fucking crazy, 12 reflex, no epic ability gives that much, most it gives is half that.
« Last Edit: May 16th, 2014 at 4:10pm by Viktor Vaughn »  

IP Logged

Cetus
Ex Member

Reply #162 - May 16th, 2014 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Daze wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 10:42am:
This ... what's the point of 2hf if 1hf is going to provide more dmg bonus. The weapon dps isn't a large enough gap to cover that.

My biggest problem is the misnomer of single weapon fighting as it skips the most prevalent form of fighting with 1 weapon. Next thing is they will say sword and board toons are fine because .. SWF.

Yes I am aware they are currently saying sword and board will be getting fine tuning in the future ... but I've heard that type of cop out before and it amounted to nothing. Followed with all the fanbois saying but it was fixed here <swf>!

Pretty much this. This SWF system is getting fucking shoved into the game and pissing on the integrity of the existing styles. In my humble opinion of course.
« Last Edit: May 16th, 2014 at 7:25pm by »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #163 - May 16th, 2014 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
So I know that SWF and THF are mutually exclusive. What about when you're using unbridled fury? It grants the THF feats. If it stacks, for those 30s your DPS is fucking amazing.

Or it'll break the tree and it'll stay broken for years.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #164 - May 16th, 2014 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on May 16th, 2014 at 7:31pm:
So I know that SWF and THF are mutually exclusive. What about when you're using unbridled fury? It grants the THF feats. If it stacks, for those 30s your DPS is fucking amazing.

Or it'll break the tree and it'll stay broken for years.

Well it is turbine so we all know the answer to that question. Cheesy

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #165 - May 16th, 2014 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
I want to create a dwarf, SWF with a buckler and DW axe. This will be purely for enjoyment. Yes, I will finally create a character more for the fun of the idea then the effectiveness.

I am getting soft.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #166 - May 16th, 2014 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
SWF started out as total, ridiculous ass. Now it is a viable feat, with enough benefits and restrictions to fit in with the toon-customization flavor of DDO. Job done. Setting aside the issue of spending time on this instead of QofL, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Does SWF encourage anyone to play a Bard? I can't say it does.

But the Swash tree seems like it's giving something to toy around with, which is TBH a whole lot more than Bards had previously....

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #167 - May 25th, 2014 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
avast! yee meta munching boyos!

Have some fecking fun!!!  (swings off on handy rope)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 
Send TopicPrint