Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Druid with swf (Read 79430 times)
Cabadath
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Druid with swf
Reply #100 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:14am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jul 19th, 2014 at 3:09pm:
one single mainhand weapon + attachable throwing weapons.

What's an attachable throwing weapon?  Sorry I'm not at all familiar with throwing stuff, but I'm trying to make this build work now.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #101 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Cabadath wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:14am:
What's an attachable throwing weapon?  Sorry I'm not at all familiar with throwing stuff, but I'm trying to make this build work now.

You want a single weapon in main hand, and an orb in off hand. Not thunderforged orbs because those break druid vows of virginity, or some gay shit about druids. Use Nether Orbs. Throwing weapons are extra cheese.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Cabadath
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #102 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:35am:
You want a single weapon in main hand, and an orb in off hand. Not thunderforged orbs because those break druid vows of virginity, or some gay shit about druids. Use Nether Orbs. Throwing weapons are extra cheese.

Can you elaborate on the extra cheese? I'm not super excited about orbs.  ideally I'd like a mainhand with damage procs and something else giving me stunning/seeking/healing amp whatever.

IP Logged

Cabadath
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #103 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Looking at orbs they don't offer a whole lot to me other than some red augments.  It's unfortunate, but I guess the massive dps upgrade makes up for it.

I just wish there were more orbs in the game. Maybe they'll add some more "gish" oriented ones with swf and swashbucklers getting benefits from them.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #104 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
the orbs offer free red slot, and spell lore item. you dont lose anything by having it over just a single weapon and it still allows swf to perform. Main benefit is shield mastery line working with it.
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2014 at 5:31pm by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Cabadath
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #105 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 5:20pm:
the orbs offer free red slot, and spell lore item. you dont lose anything by having it over just a single weapon and it still allows swf to perform. Main benefit is shield mastery line working with it. 

Would a meteoric ruby in the slot work?  But yeah I was just saying that I'd rather have something that directly benefits my combat like stunning or my original plan was to have a healing amp GS short sword.

Good to know about the shield mastery feats though, wonder if I can fit them in.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #106 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Cabadath wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 5:39pm:
Would a meteoric ruby in the slot work?  But yeah I was just saying that I'd rather have something that directly benefits my combat like stunning or my original plan was to have a healing amp GS short sword.

Good to know about the shield mastery feats though, wonder if I can fit them in.

you cant have another weapon in off hand it wont trigger your gswf icon. only orbs or runearms allowed.

IP Logged

Cabadath
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #107 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 5:49pm:
you cant have another weapon in off hand it wont trigger your gswf icon. only orbs or runearms allowed.

Yeah, oh well =/ How about the ruby in the orb will that trigger?

On a related note, does the second tempest core work with animal form?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #108 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Cabadath wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 6:01pm:
Yeah, oh well =/ How about the ruby in the orb will that trigger?

Ruby on orb works. I cant test tempest core 2 properly. Lelo said it worked for his swf druid.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #109 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Cabadath wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 6:01pm:

only if you have 2 weapons equipped.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Cabadath
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #110 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Munk are you sure? That was just two conflicting answers.

That bit about the ruby in the orb is amazing, i only have the first swf/twf feats and my ruby already procs like 4 times a fight.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #111 - Aug 2nd, 2014 at 2:20am
Print Post  
Runearms also break druid oath, so don't go Arti.

Tempest 2 looked like it was working, but I didn't test it properly.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

3000 Year Old Necromancer
Korthos Resident

TNT knows Drama!

Reply #112 - Aug 11th, 2014 at 10:04am
Print Post  
What is the damage type for wolf form? Per earlier in the thread it said bludgeoning. When I pulled the combat log last night it said slashing. If I am using w/p ss's which one do I need to get a extended crit range of 17-20? Also, upon equiping a w/p ss my pet was then doing con damage ??? Has anyone tested this? Thanks to all who advise.

Skoodge wrote on Nov 4th, 2014 at 5:32am:
A good joke is like a good recipe.  Try using a little less butthurt next time, it throws off the flavor Wink

GermanicusMaximus wrote on Aug 17th, 2014 at 3:52pm:
Why thank you, although I needed no affirmation of that fact from anyone, and certainly not from some sad, fat fuck who is a DDO fanboi.

Having said that, I am a Time Warner stockholder, and every  bit of profit that can be wrung out of Turbine has a chance of increasing my dividend check. As such, I would encourage you to continue spending money on DDO as you attempt to offset the wretched reality that is your life.

Just for your information, not all companies optimize their business operations to maximize current profits. Amazon, for example, is much more interested in increasing its market share at the expense of current profits.

You would know these kinds of things if you were anyone who mattered, but clearly you aren't.

Now, be a good little fanboi and toddle off to the Turbine forums where you can get your daily dose of Cordo ass kissing done.

Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #113 - Aug 11th, 2014 at 10:25am
Print Post  
Wolf form attacks are by default piercing and slashing, but because animal form attacks are considered as unarmed they are effected by feat improved critical bludgeoning.

No matter what weapons you have equipped.

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #114 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Aug 11th, 2014 at 10:25am:
Wolf form attacks are by default piercing and slashing, but because animal form attacks are considered as unarmed they are effected by feat improved critical bludgeoning.

No matter what weapons you have equipped.

Hi Munk,

What you described is the way it is intended to work.
I'm not certain it is indeed wai (much like the whole swf, twf shabang).

First of all you can see now that they fixed the weapon dice display on the extended inventory tab (finally a usefull fix) that your damage dice and crit range while equipping a weapon in wolf form will change the stats. I tested and saw that indeed bare handed my crit range (with imp crit bludgeon) was 17-20 in winter wolf and that my crit range changed to 18-20 while equipping a Rebellion (17 natural roll did not proc a threat).

I will need to test and see what happens when taking imp crit piercing and using Rebellion, if indeed it changes to 15-20.
If it does I will definitely ditch imp crit bludgeon in favor of imp crit piercing on my wolf twf+swf toon.

I've been slacking off playing lately but I'll post once I test the mentioned above.
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2014 at 9:31am by SayWhatAgain »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #115 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
SayWhatAgain wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 9:29am:
First of all you can see now that they fixed the weapon dice display on the extended inventory tab (finally a usefull fix) that your damage dice and crit range while equipping a weapon in wolf form will change the stats. I tested and saw that indeed bare handed my crit range (with imp crit bludgeon) was 17-20 in winter wolf and that my crit range changed to 18-20 while equipping a Rebellion (17 natural roll did not proc a threat).

Improved crit piercing will improve that rebellion and it will make its crit range look improved in your inventory. But then youll attack with your mouth and that attack will still be an unarmed attack effected by improved crit bludgeoning.

The only reason handwraps appear properly is because they dont have hard coded damage dice, they check the player for +x[w] then add their bonuses.  Other weapons dont make that check they just show their own data.

In short, dont mistake a display fix for a mechanical one.

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #116 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
always test for crit range on a dummy!! only way to be sure,  and I mean a wooden dummy. Smiley

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #117 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
always test for crit range on a dummy!! only way to be sure,  and I mean a Fire Foot dummy. Smiley

FTFY

I can confirm that impact weapons extend animal crit range. I tested with a tenderizer. I did not test any keen weapons though.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #118 - Aug 15th, 2014 at 9:01am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 6:37pm:
Improved crit piercing will improve that rebellion and it will make its crit range look improved in your inventory. But then youll attack with your mouth and that attack will still be an unarmed attack effected by improved crit bludgeoning.
-snip-

I stand corrected.
Did some more testing with rebellion without I. Crit piercing (with imp crit bludgeon) and indeed 17 DID proc a crit.

As a rule I don't trust the inventory tab since it's unreliable. I just made a mistake reading the combat log (must have seen a 17 roll not crit because it was the threat confirmation roll and I didn't pass the dummies fort).

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #119 - Aug 15th, 2014 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Busy in rl and with shuri build to reply on this thread.

From tempest tree, only thing that aplies are strike attacks.
Generally whole tempest tree is rly bad when you look at it that almost nothing is working.
I spend my aps mainly in shintao for prr hamp/ninja spy/human and deepwood for killer.

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #120 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 1:30am
Print Post  
Poor tempest, gotta be one of the most hosed trees in the game, probably gets sad-drunk with the mechanic tree on the weekends.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #121 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 1:52am
Print Post  
gawker wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 1:30am:
Poor tempest, gotta be one of the most hosed trees in the game, probably gets sad-drunk with the mechanic tree on the weekends.

lol yeah kind of. Eth has a Tempest build he uses that takes tier 5 from there. But, im secretly hoping Turbine fucks up when MRR comes out and allows the Evasive Dance ability to work in heavy armor. Has anyone tested if it works in heavy now?
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2014 at 1:53am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #122 - Aug 25th, 2014 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
Is everything still working on Lammania?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Scruffy Murphy
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #123 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns, you suggest an orb in offhand to trigger GSWF. Are you still getting the benefit of TWF with an orb?
I also saw it mentioned about Dev Reaping as a main handed. Would you all put that above T2, T3, and maybe T4 Thunderforged? At first glance for me yes up to T4 and maybe even T4.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #124 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
Scruffy Murphy wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 at 5:50pm:
Rubbinns, you suggest an orb in offhand to trigger GSWF. Are you still getting the benefit of TWF with an orb?

In wolf form, yes.

Scruffy Murphy wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 at 5:50pm:
I also saw it mentioned about Dev Reaping as a main handed. Would you all put that above T2, T3, and maybe T4 Thunderforged

I'd rather slot Battlerager's Harness and keep Complete TF weapon(Mortal Fear/Dragon Edge) main. It is 2% less DStrike, but Mortal Fear ;p

5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 25th, 2014 at 11:50pm:
Is everything still working on Lammania?

I have 0 faith in their ability+time to fix anything with Druids. If by some chance they ever do, it will not be retroactive and your build will keep Thrower glitch, SWF and TWF lines if you do NOT ever TR/ETR it.
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2014 at 9:01pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 
Send TopicPrint