Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Trees Shall Rise Again (Read 233854 times)
Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: The Trees Shall Rise Again
Reply #200 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 11:10am
Print Post  
SayWhatAgain wrote on Jan 26th, 2015 at 3:16am:
Thx for your input.
That is very interesting! Did you find whirlwind/supreme cleave/great cleave/ cleave double strike while out of tree form? I get the feeling that double strike on cleaves is pretty wonky atm and I am interested in how it's like on Lama.

They do if you are unarmed, if using a weapon then whirlwind only strikes once, great cleave can still doublestrike (just not as often), and supreme cleave does not doublestrike at all as well.

Ive been trying to figure out why the build I tested got an extra crit range when I barb raged though, its really bothering me, since I was critting 16-20 in tree form.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #201 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 11:37am
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 11:10am:
critting 16-20 in tree form.

insane

Teth wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 11:10am:
using a weapon then whirlwind only strikes once

Can be centered with any weapon. Or did you mean unarmed and uncentered?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #202 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 11:52am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 11:37am:
insane

Can be centered with any weapon. Or did you mean unarmed and uncentered?

EDIT: Sorry, whirlwind will only strike once for me when im uncentered and using a weapon, when im unarmed and uncentered then it will strike multiple times (just not the 4 times like monk whirlwind)
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2015 at 11:53am by Teth »  

IP Logged

Brac
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #203 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 2:25am
Print Post  
I am doing a barb life with a tree build.  Supreme Cleave seems to be having some issues.  It is doing half the damage of any other attack.  Cleave and Great Cleave are hitting for 1800+, standard tree swing is close to that.  Supreme Cleave is hitting for 800-900.  I tried it with a Celestia, TF short sword and a Khopesh.  All were hitting for the smaller damage.  All I can figure is the SC is using the base weapon dice and not the d20 the trees normally get.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #204 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Brac wrote on Jan 28th, 2015 at 2:25am:
I am doing a barb life with a tree build.  Supreme Cleave seems to be having some issues.  It is doing half the damage of any other attack.  Cleave and Great Cleave are hitting for 1800+, standard tree swing is close to that.  Supreme Cleave is hitting for 800-900.  I tried it with a Celestia, TF short sword and a Khopesh.  All were hitting for the smaller damage.  All I can figure is the SC is using the base weapon dice and not the d20 the trees normally get.

This is correct, was messing around last night and was able to pinpoint that supreme cleave is using the base weapon as damage with woad form for the number of die rolled.  I've been trying to figure out a good base weapon and so far I've settled on Twinblade.

Now it may not seem as nice having to use this, however, supreme cleave is also using the crit profile and modifier for the damage as well.  So, it would be best to find a weapon with very good base damage and critical.  So Twinblade when you supreme cleave with barb will be 20(2d8) 15-20/x2 to 70(2d8) 15-20/x2 depending on level of woad (also x4 on 19-20).

I'm still trying to find a better replacement over Twinblade.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #205 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Jan 28th, 2015 at 11:48am:
This is correct, was messing around last night and was able to pinpoint that supreme cleave is using the base weapon as damage with woad form for the number of die rolled.  I've been trying to figure out a good base weapon and so far I've settled on Twinblade.

Now it may not seem as nice having to use this, however, supreme cleave is also using the crit profile and modifier for the damage as well.  So, it would be best to find a weapon with very good base damage and critical.  So Twinblade when you supreme cleave with barb will be 20(2d8) 15-20/x2 to 70(2d8) 15-20/x2 depending on level of woad (also x4 on 19-20).

How i read this is, barb splashing is sub par and so under monk ones that it doesnt make sense to do it for tree.
So you lose dps, lose defense, lose more dps, and lose more defense, lose crit multi for apsolutely nothing beside ability to carry harmor
Ok learned, noted and will keep in mind for future Wink
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2015 at 1:47pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

ChewyOoeyGoOey
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #206 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 2:17pm:
If alrdy forcing wizz, just check out monk tier 5 and think about displace maxed dodge armor from eldritch and earth stance while being hit by 5-10 mobs, its basically auto crit on every whirlwind.
My brain just cant see barb being better then that

Leaning towards forcing wizard on a tree build with monk levels so initially thinking human 8wiz/6mnk/6ftr, centered with robes and shortswords.

I'll have boatload of feats to work with so I can fit in whirlwind, full 2wf and Cleave lines.

Why be so subpar? Cause I'd like to try being Treebeard in Epics and if I really don't like it I can TR out of  it quick and at least I got a wiz PL out of it. Plus I have gear that is more for a monk than an armoured toon.

Any thoughts or improvements on my split above?

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #207 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
ChewyOoeyGoOey wrote on Jan 28th, 2015 at 2:17pm:
Leaning towards forcing wizard on a tree build with monk levels so initially thinking human 8wiz/6mnk/6ftr, centered with robes and shortswords.

I'll have boatload of feats to work with so I can fit in whirlwind, full 2wf and Cleave lines.

Why be so subpar? Cause I'd like to try being Treebeard in Epics and if I really don't like it I can TR out of  it quick and at least I got a wiz PL out of it. Plus I have gear that is more for a monk than an armoured toon.

Any thoughts or improvements on my split above?

Not really, that seems most optimal for feats and shadow fade/auras.
With less feats could go palie instead for saves since i kinda fear that split having low fortit and reflex from wizzy levels save progresion.
But should be fine with defensive spells, bad in quest with desinit spam.

IP Logged

ChewyOoeyGoOey
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #208 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 28th, 2015 at 2:26pm:
Not really, that seems most optimal for feats and shadow fade/auras.
With less feats could go palie instead for saves since i kinda fear that split having low fortit and reflex from wizzy levels save progresion.
But should be fine with defensive spells, bad in quest with desinit spam.

Yah, I hear you on the saves. I'll look at the split with palie to see what could fit.

Thanks!

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #209 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Does whirlwind attack hit 4+ times if you are centered and using centering weapons but NOT in tree form or another form?

...or maybe more specifically, would a centered Kensai get full benefit from whirlwind attack?
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2015 at 8:24pm by DoRayEgon »  

IP Logged

Brac
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #210 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 28th, 2015 at 1:46pm:
How i read this is, barb splashing is sub par and so under monk ones that it doesnt make sense to do it for tree.
So you lose dps, lose defense, lose more dps, and lose more defense, lose crit multi for apsolutely nothing beside ability to carry harmor
Ok learned, noted and will keep in mind for future Wink

Pretty much, I wouldn't use barb for an end game tree build.  I am trying a lot things using iconics and treeing from 20-28, then spinning around for a different past life.  For my purposes it is fine, but the builds are sub-optimal.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #211 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Jan 28th, 2015 at 11:48am:

Skybreaker=3d6
eAGA=d20

Both are 10.5 average vs 9 from 2d8.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Brac
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #212 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 10:21pm:
Skybreaker=3d6
eAGA=d20

Both are also two handed weapons.  That would mean no offhand attack from TWF.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #213 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Brac wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 11:32pm:
Both are also two handed weapons.  That would mean no offhand attack from TWF.

Wrong, you're considered unarmed in tree form you still get 2-3 procs from whirlwind, 2-3 procs from supreme cleave, and 2 procs from great cleave.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #214 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 12:29am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 10:21pm:
Skybreaker=3d6
eAGA=d20

Yea, tough to contemplate which is best right now, on one hand the greataxe is nice for strength and half on the cleave attacks as well as double power attack, but using a 1 hander allows you to get much higher prr with 10 more melee power and 15% doublestrike. Im thinking the greataxe will work out better, but ill have to play around with it.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #215 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 12:30am
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 12:23am:
Wrong, you're considered unarmed in tree form you still get 2-3 procs from whirlwind, 2-3 procs from supreme cleave, and 2 procs from great cleave.

Which split are you running?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #216 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 12:31am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 12:30am:
Which split are you running?

11 barb 6 fighter 3 wizard

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #217 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 12:59am
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 12:31am:
11 barb 6 fighter 3 wizard

So greater rage + blood strength + lesser death aura?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #218 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 1:03am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 12:59am:
So greater rage + blood strength + lesser death aura?

Yep

IP Logged

Brac
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #219 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 1:32am
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 12:23am:

Huh, I didn't realize you still got the second hit with a two hander.  Maybe I was wrong, a supreme cleave build could be salvageable.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #220 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 1:54am
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 12:29am:
Yea, tough to contemplate which is best right now, on one hand the greataxe is nice for strength and half on the cleave attacks as well as double power attack, but using a 1 hander allows you to get much higher prr with 10 more melee power and 15% doublestrike. Im thinking the greataxe will work out better, but ill have to play around with it.

I haven't done a tree yet, but according to your math, eAGA/Skybraker would add 105 base damage for supreme cleave before str and a half or power attack are taken into account.
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2015 at 1:55am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Arbitoroflife
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #221 - Feb 1st, 2015 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Ive been testing SWF with tree, and so far I think only the Melee Power amd attack speed works in tree form, the +50% stat damage doesnt seem to be causing more damage, in fact, ive actually lost some damage on my crits.
The attack animation is a hell of a lot faster, so a ranger tree build could benefit from the attack speed, with DoD and all.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #222 - Feb 7th, 2015 at 12:47am
Print Post  
There’s a guy claiming that he did this build with 12 Fighter / 5 Cleric / 3 Paladin and Whirling Steel Strike… while armored.  Munk!  How does that work?!?!?

Edit: I’m sure the “Whirling Steel Strike” bit is B.S.  But could he be referring to “One with the blade” and somehow managed to be centered?
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2015 at 1:03am by QuantumFX »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #223 - Feb 7th, 2015 at 6:55am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Feb 7th, 2015 at 12:47am:
There’s a guy claiming that he did this build with 12 Fighter / 5 Cleric / 3 Paladin and Whirling Steel Strike… while armored.  Munk!  How does that work?!?!?

Edit: I’m sure the “Whirling Steel Strike” bit is B.S.  But could he be referring to “One with the blade” and somehow managed to be centered?

I'm on my honeymoon, fucked if I know.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #224 - Feb 12th, 2015 at 3:54am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Feb 7th, 2015 at 6:55am:
I'm on my honeymoon, fucked if I know.

Our condolences to you bro.

Grin

IP Logged