Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Trees Shall Rise Again (Read 233852 times)
Tilo
Ex Member

Re: The Trees Shall Rise Again
Reply #500 - May 12th, 2016 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
The animations and opportunity attack isn't on live yet. Range/Multiplier will work with supreme cleave because of how it's bugged.

Multiplier and range don't work with unarmed.

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #501 - May 13th, 2016 at 4:27am
Print Post  
arcane warrior worthwhile with the tree?  all the auras going off seems like a good idea for +20 meleepower

IP Logged

Rastelin
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #502 - May 13th, 2016 at 11:18am
Print Post  
ElGuapo wrote on May 13th, 2016 at 4:27am:
arcane warrior worthwhile with the tree?  all the auras going off seems like a good idea for +20 meleepower

yes you take arcane warrior

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #503 - May 15th, 2016 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Changed the lvl 30 feat to shield deflection.

With a PDK shield, ,15% pdk, combined with shield deflection 40%elemental reduction, which combines with 30% block energy past life for 64% elemental resistance.

With 300 MRR against reflex reducing the remaining 36% damage to 9%, and a reflex save to lower that to 4.5%, and 2k hp, it will take roughly 45k damage worth of acid balls in one second to kill you.

With orcish boots, block energy twist, and fire shield scrolled, you should be able to further reduce that 4.5% to 1.10%, which would mean it would take 180k damage worth of fireballs to kill you.
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2016 at 8:58pm by »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #504 - May 15th, 2016 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Changed the lvl 30 feat to shield deflection.

With a PDK shield, ,15% pdk, combined with shield deflection 40%elemental reduction, which combines with 30% block energy past life for 64% elemental resistance.

With 300 MRR against reflex reducing the remaining 36% damage to 9%, and a reflex save to lower that to 4.5%, and 2k hp, it will take roughly 45k damage worth of acid balls in one second to kill you.

With orcish boots and fire shield scrolled, you should be able to further reduce that 4.5% to 1.58%, which would mean it would take 127k damage worth of fireballs to kill you.

Don't you have to be actively blocking for shield deflection to work?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #505 - May 15th, 2016 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on May 15th, 2016 at 7:01pm:
Don't you have to be actively blocking for shield deflection to work?

The wonderfull thing about tree/wolf builds is that when you are shapeshifted you can hold shift aka block and attack at same time.

I personally prefer monk/palie combo for trees.
But each to his own i guess, pointless to argue
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2016 at 7:55pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #506 - May 18th, 2016 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 15th, 2016 at 7:54pm:
The wonderfull thing about tree/wolf builds is that when you are shapeshifted you can hold shift aka block and attack at same time.

I personally prefer monk/palie combo for trees.
But each to his own i guess, pointless to argue

I know that works for wolves, but tree autoattack is garbage. They rely on active attacks (cleave, etc) that would still interrupt the blocking, right?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #507 - May 18th, 2016 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
xxx
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2016 at 2:26am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #508 - May 19th, 2016 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Mm opportunity attack, won't get to 20 to test it with tree for a few weeks. Anyone already at 20 on a fighter?

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #509 - May 20th, 2016 at 12:49am
Print Post  
Quote:
Mm opportunity attack, won't get to 20 to test it with tree for a few weeks. Anyone already at 20 on a fighter?

you only get 2 charges, and its the normal attack animation ie: slow as F.

might be worthwhile for the times when all your fast attacks are on timer.

think of it as a 6 second melee power action boost that stacks with everything

HOWEVER these charges come back pretty quick.  they get recharged in normal combat.
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2016 at 12:57am by ElGuapo »  

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #510 - May 21st, 2016 at 1:59am
Print Post  
so with the new manyshot and ten K stars, has anyone tried playing around with them for a tree?

we all know how amazing turbine's coding is.

anyone find any crossover for melee power/doublestrike working with their trees?

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #511 - May 24th, 2016 at 10:10am
Print Post  
Want to mess with new kensei for a different take on tree builds.

If anyone has one capped can you pretty pls test a simple thing for me.
When you turn primal and use whirlwind, does one with blade count you as centerd and allow for 8 hits?
Aka, that you are capable of fully droping monk levels, but would still act as monk kinda.

That allows some really nice wiz/fighter/barb splits or fighter ranger warlock ones.
Fav would be fighter warlock palie tho because of palie bugs with tree
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2016 at 10:17am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #512 - May 24th, 2016 at 11:32am
Print Post  
It might.  I'll let you know when I hit 20 (19 today.  Be 20 tonight)

You would have to run around in pajamas though.  Can't be centred in armor

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #513 - May 24th, 2016 at 11:47am
Print Post  
You need to transfer over monk kick animation.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #514 - May 24th, 2016 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
When i use staff as monk without stance, turn into avatar and use ww, i still gain monk ww animation.
Now i assume this is due to be centerd flag, which in turn could evolve tree builds further if one with blade works as flag as well.

You could for example on that barb fighter warlock version drop shield feats use dual weapons  (possibly twinblade and one bastard sword with keen like first blood to transfer base and the w for first dice number) or a temple set item for offhand (would need to test what does more damage) and have a monk type 8 hit ww while keeping broken supreme cleave, you gain alot of damage and lose some defense, almost neglible considering its a con based build.

Just a idea, requires testing if it works as i assume tho
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2016 at 1:34pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #515 - May 24th, 2016 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
It's not being centered. It's the base animation.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #516 - May 24th, 2016 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
As i said, im getting 6-8 hits with a qstaff unstanced <not using monk stance>, tested with ss, tested with shuri, tested with kama.
All weapons that tag me as centerd, without being actually stanced allow me to execute the 6-8 hit animation.

Friend ingame is testing this for me as well, should get results in couple days once hes epic.
IF you manage to test before pls report if the concept is correct with "centerd"
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2016 at 9:50pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #517 - May 24th, 2016 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 8:48pm:
As i said, im getting 6-8 hits with a qstaff unstanced <not using monk stance>, tested with ss, tested with shuri, tested with kama.
All weapons that tag me as centerd, without being actually stanced allow me to execute the 6-8 hit animation.

Friend ingame is testing this for me as well, should get results in couple days once hes epic.
IF you manage to test before pls report if the concept is correct with "centerd"

NOT WORKING.

Tested with bastard sword and all the required kensai bits.

even though I am "Centred" with my bastard sword, can gain KI in grandmaster, I still do NOT get over 4 hits on a whirlwind.

can get 4 with the doublestrike and offhand doublestrike.  but 4 is the max.

Even unarmed I can only get the 4. tops.

so monk is definitely needed to cash in on those extra WW hits.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #518 - May 25th, 2016 at 2:58am
Print Post  
ElGuapo wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 10:26pm:
NOT WORKING.

Tested with bastard sword and all the required kensai bits.

even though I am "Centred" with my bastard sword, can gain KI in grandmaster, I still do NOT get over 4 hits on a whirlwind.

can get 4 with the doublestrike and offhand doublestrike.  but 4 is the max.

Even unarmed I can only get the 4. tops.

so monk is definitely needed to cash in on those extra WW hits.

Sucks, oh well will test some other ideas tnx for testing

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #519 - May 30th, 2016 at 7:34am
Print Post  
Tested on a 8 figh 6 monk 6 warlock.
Survival is good /sitting at 200 prr,in tree  decent fort save, 33% dodge (always), shadow fade and aura ticks for 130 hp (shitty gear so i have only 65 con and im to lazy to farm everything).
Interesting enough you need flurry of blows and to be centerd with a weapon to get 8 hits ww which means that you need at least 1 monk level but no need to be stanced, now if this could be somewhat bypassed by swaping to gmaster of flower it would be great but didnt test if it coult stick to form if you were to swap fast at divine trainer / i remember there being many bugs back in the day when you could carry over some destiny stuff to your weapons or other dests but most were stealth fixed.
While the build looks ok on paper it suffers something that i predicted.

The issue i have with that specific warlock based tree is aura ticks are to damn slow, you need aura to tick at least 3 seconds to gain full benefit and to be in last form longer which has the best base dice.
You end up in last form for a short amount of time which makes even benefit of aw questionable.
So only option to make that somewhat endurable is a 12 warlock split which locks out all proper builds.

A somewhat good sustained tree build would be 12 warlock 5 fighter 3 barb but that costs hella lot feats and you still need to use 1 slow animation swing in rotation from time to time with the ww being the lame nonmonk based one. /you cant grab shield feats if you want precision in the kit but you can always abuse the respect thingy for the twist at least.
Thats prolly best spirit sustained warlock based tree abusing sup cleave as well.
After playing for months, almost a year as tree, trust me that spirit sustain is more important then simple classbruteforcing of benefits.
Anything that doesnt proc spirit every 3 sec makes tree form last extremely short which impacts your damage on the long run, having a good first strike while losing 10 seconds of possible last tier form and its better base is  not optimal imho.

Race should always be pdk for any kind of tree build, i tested this a while ago and the cleave arc range of pdk tree is bigger then that of human/helf counterparts, that should be kept in mind as it is still the case ingame. (simple test is just to put a bunch of tr dummies in ship but you can reproduce it in some quests as well and see what arc you get from what point of attacking spot)
No need to list feats n such, just grab t5 in kensei and all the relevant cleave feats etc

Personal opinion:

I prefer 3 wiz splits more, free spirit sustain with 0 ap spent in tree which opens other nice options.
For monk based tree, in case warlock split best option would be 12 lock 6 monk 2 palie, but that lacks in many aspects so il still stick with 12 monk 5 palie 3 wiz for optimal monk based tree for obvious reasons.

Will test a 12lock/5fight/3barb before deciding what split to settle on in hope they announce plans with wraps.

Also good split would be 12 fighter 5 wiz 3 barb /no aw tho but dire charge would be ok with that split

Sorry for long text, but i hope it helps aspiring tree players a bit, read purp part if you want to skip on specifics
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2016 at 9:03am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #520 - May 30th, 2016 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
They said they would be working on Monk unarmmed mechanics , it may affect tree in the near future

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #521 - May 30th, 2016 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
12 lock ticks every 2.7 seconds on aura, which means spirit regen every 5.4 seconds due to 3 second cool down.
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2016 at 2:19pm by »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #522 - May 31st, 2016 at 3:57am
Print Post  
Quote:
12 lock ticks every 2.7 seconds on aura, which means spirit regen every 5.4 seconds due to 3 second cool down.

Also here is little logic mister, you count it as definite 5.4 seconds per spirit due to cd, even if that is the case, a playet who has moderate ammount of iq can do a selfcast and turn aura in middle of enemies after app 1-1.5 sec which counteracts the 2.7 that is under 3 sec universal   (if that is true in the first place) cd to benefit the player.
For some reason i think you used aa epplife tog et the 2.7 as well.
Its exactly 10% which would be in par with plife

Jeez people in this game really have no imagination
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2016 at 7:57am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #523 - May 31st, 2016 at 8:05am
Print Post  
I dunno, I imagine pretty easily you never read the aura tooltip  which gives the aura activation cool down, or know how to use UMD to generate spirit if you want more, or know monk mechanics, or know how to not be an ass.
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2016 at 8:08am by »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #524 - May 31st, 2016 at 8:21am
Print Post  
Quote:
I dunno, I imagine pretty easily you never read the aura tooltip  which gives the aura activation cool down, or know how to use UMD to generate spirit if you want more, or know monk mechanics, or know how to not be an ass.

Pointing out a mistake or lack of intelligence from you is fun, always was, always will be.

You dont need even need umd, you can use clickies or slas as well its actually a mechanic that i spread around to tree people fyi.
No i dont know monk mechanics, but a centerd xbow rogue monk fighter might be fun now!
Me being a ass is just how i am.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26
Send TopicPrint