Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) U24 Max DPS Barbarian (Read 184913 times)
kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Re: U24 Max DPS Barbarian
Reply #350 - Sep 13th, 2015 at 7:00am
Print Post  
Yeah, thank you. Have a pure Barb already though. One of the benefits of having so many alts is so many platforms for new builds. Smiley

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #351 - Sep 13th, 2015 at 7:10am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Sep 13th, 2015 at 7:00am:
Yeah, thank you. Have a pure Barb already though. One of the benefits of having so many alts is so many platforms for new builds. Smiley

I've done rogue/barb before. Don't underestimate how much of a pain in the ass it is to drop rage for every trap.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #352 - Sep 13th, 2015 at 9:32am
Print Post  
I hadn't considered that, thank you.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #353 - Sep 14th, 2015 at 9:06am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 13th, 2015 at 7:10am:
I've done rogue/barb before. Don't underestimate how much of a pain in the ass it is to drop rage for every trap.

I didnt even know that until I leveled a swash using barb crit rage. rage is super annoying for anything without like 18 barb levels.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #354 - Sep 14th, 2015 at 9:55am
Print Post  
I'm sorry but I can't take the idea of "max DPS" barbarian is on divine crusader. Also the actions points you are spending on ravager is no way what you would do for an optiomal DPS. Drop the bully line, get slaugher line, and cruel cut line (only 1/3).

Celestia is good only for deathknights, anything else you can brake DR with TF hammers, if you were using a hammer... as max DPS barbs who run in LD are. Using celestia on wyrm or abbot or the number of skeletons at endgame is a joke.

I mean what's in it? 7d6 damage from procs, wathever you get from the greater sunburst. But it looses about 10 base damage compared to TF, loose 1st degree, 24 mlee power from set, 15% fort bypass and procs damage from TF are much better (ToEE ones are about the same).

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #355 - Sep 14th, 2015 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #356 - Sep 15th, 2015 at 5:52am
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on Sep 14th, 2015 at 8:35pm:
Hi Welcome

He's correct.

Dear WeHaveLived

You have received an infraction at DDO Vault Online Forums.

Reason: 11. Inappropriate use of Hi Welcome: Using a phrase to provoke conflict or incite, bait, or mock others who disagree with you are not permitted.
-------

-------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #357 - Sep 15th, 2015 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Ok, let's talk about enhancements. Last I checked, slaughter does nothing, zip, nada. Have they fixed this? If so, whoopdefuckinghoo, you now have an ability you can use every... 30 seconds. That's really, really bad. It's worth exactly 0 AP. Also, 1d6 CON damage? You would've gotten laughed out of a PUG even when stat damage was the in thing.

Now, for EDs. This is pretty subjective, depending on your character's gear and favor and your player skill. But if you run in LD, you're probably going to need SF pots (or those shiny ones from cards, if you have'em. See? Gear-dependent). EE mobs hit pretty hard, especially in the new content where they throw them at you a dozen at a time, with a side order of champs. And the DPS of a soulstone has been conclusively shown to be 0.

And DC, while not as boomy as LD, does just fine for DPS. Pretty sure it's already been shown somewhere that DC with picks is just as good as LD with hammers. Dunno what you're going on about Celestia for, as the OP has made it clear that cap should be TF picks (last I checked?). Consecration is +10% damage and spammable, the damage it does can be made decent, Strike Down is nice, and Castigation can tick for thousands of hp. And hey, when's the last time you ran Madstone in LD?

I like the infraction, though. I have a sig now!

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #358 - Sep 15th, 2015 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on Sep 15th, 2015 at 6:02pm:
Ok, let's talk about enhancements. Last I checked, slaughter does nothing, zip, nada. Have they fixed this? If so, whoopdefuckinghoo, you now have an ability you can use every... 30 seconds. That's really, really bad. It's worth exactly 0 AP. Also, 1d6 CON damage? You would've gotten laughed out of a PUG even when stat damage was the in thing.

I'm pretty sure slaughter is working. And it does not do 1d6 con damage. It's an attack with +10W. But you don't take it for that. You take it for the upgrade:

Laughter: When Slaughter damages an enemy, you gain three stacks of Fury. When Slaughter scores a critical hit on an enemy , you gain three more Fury (for a total of six) and gain 10 Melee Power for 15 seconds.

What does the con damage is cruel cut, but you also don't take it for that. You do it for the dismember upgrade, wich gives you 5 mlee power for 10 seconds. This can proc more than once on doublestrike, just like crazy strike.

Now, for EDs. This is pretty subjective, depending on your character's gear and favor and your player skill. But if you run in LD, you're probably going to need SF pots (or those shiny ones from cards, if you have'em. See? Gear-dependent). EE mobs hit pretty hard, especially in the new content where they throw them at you a dozen at a time, with a side order of champs. And the DPS of a soulstone has been conclusively shown to be 0.

And DC, while not as boomy as LD, does just fine for DPS. Pretty sure it's already been shown somewhere that DC with picks is just as good as LD with hammers. Dunno what you're going on about Celestia for, as the OP has made it clear that cap should be TF picks (last I checked?). Consecration is +10% damage and spammable, the damage it does can be made decent, Strike Down is nice, and Castigation can tick for thousands of hp. And hey, when's the last time you ran Madstone in LD?

- I never ever got favor for silver flame potions and I don't need them on EE new content on my barb.

- You have to define what "decent" means. The title of the thread is max DPS barbarian, I just wanted to point this is far from max DPS barbarian. Unless for the first 20 seconds you use zeal (after that the guy on blitz will still be boosting, while yours are on cooldown).

- I belive he mentioned the celestias because picks have a problem with DR in a lot of content that is full of skeletons in endgame, so he used the celestia instead of the picks.

- You can't really "spam" sacred ground, and even if you could, the casting time would be a loss of DPS. It works for 15 seconds and gives you 10% damage, but takes about 1.5 second to cast, when most the mobs you fight either a) you don't need 15 seconds to kill or b) they move out of the zone. Also, it can be twisted so meh.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #359 - Sep 16th, 2015 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Sep 15th, 2015 at 7:15pm:
I'm pretty sure slaughter is working. And it does not do 1d6 con damage. It's an attack with +10W. But you don't take it for that. You take it for the upgrade:

Laughter: When Slaughter damages an enemy, you gain three stacks of Fury. When Slaughter scores a critical hit on an enemy , you gain three more Fury (for a total of six) and gain 10 Melee Power for 15 seconds.

What does the con damage is cruel cut, but you also don't take it for that. You do it for the dismember upgrade, wich gives you 5 mlee power for 10 seconds. This can proc more than once on doublestrike, just like crazy strike.

- I never ever got favor for silver flame potions and I don't need them on EE new content on my barb.

- You have to define what "decent" means. The title of the thread is max DPS barbarian, I just wanted to point this is far from max DPS barbarian. Unless for the first 20 seconds you use zeal (after that the guy on blitz will still be boosting, while yours are on cooldown).

- I belive he mentioned the celestias because picks have a problem with DR in a lot of content that is full of skeletons in endgame, so he used the celestia instead of the picks.

- You can't really "spam" sacred ground, and even if you could, the casting time would be a loss of DPS. It works for 15 seconds and gives you 10% damage, but takes about 1.5 second to cast, when most the mobs you fight either a) you don't need 15 seconds to kill or b) they move out of the zone. Also, it can be twisted so meh.

So, an attack you can only use once every 30 seconds, that, if it crits, gives you 10 MP for 15 seconds. Still meh. Just like 5 melee power for 10 seconds on a... what is Cruel Cut's cooldown?

Out of curiosity, how do you heal yourself? I imagine Blood Strength isn't enough, even with the HP and healamp from barb. Also, rednames and groups.

What you can't spam are ABs, actually. Sacred ground is 15 seconds on a 20 second cooldown (IIRC) for as long as you have SP. On the other hand, you get, what, 9 uses for 20 seconds of each action boost? It takes about as long to cast as the universal cooldown after an action boost, and if mobs are moving out of your AOEs you're doing it wrong.

Sure, you can twist it, but you can twist most of the working things from LD as well. The 10% damage is a tier 4 though, which you really, really want to use for Balanced Attacks.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #360 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 1:47am
Print Post  

All of this.

As I have said before, they are very close DPS-wise...my testing gets a bit more out of DC, though ymmv.

That being said, I have played both, and my biggest gripe is that you can't get the whole package of Sense Weakness, Balanced Attacks and Consecration. You have to either sacrifice significant DPS or significant healing. Why make that sacrifice when I can get the whole package AND the same DPS out of DC?

Maybe I'll go LD if 4/3/3/2 twists become possible.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #361 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 10:24am
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on Sep 16th, 2015 at 1:53pm:
So, an attack you can only use once every 30 seconds, that, if it crits, gives you 10 MP for 15 seconds. Still meh. Just like 5 melee power for 10 seconds on a... what is Cruel Cut's cooldown?

Out of curiosity, how do you heal yourself? I imagine Blood Strength isn't enough, even with the HP and healamp from barb. Also, rednames and groups.

What you can't spam are ABs, actually. Sacred ground is 15 seconds on a 20 second cooldown (IIRC) for as long as you have SP. On the other hand, you get, what, 9 uses for 20 seconds of each action boost? It takes about as long to cast as the universal cooldown after an action boost, and if mobs are moving out of your AOEs you're doing it wrong.

Sure, you can twist it, but you can twist most of the working things from LD as well. The 10% damage is a tier 4 though, which you really, really want to use for Balanced Attacks.

I have 11 double boosts +20% +30% attack speed, and when those finish more 11 +30 mlee power. Each sacred groud is 30. Only for the first 11, that's 330 spell points. 660 for 22 boosts. But crusader does not gives you extra DPS really, it just compensate you for the crazy casting time.

I heal with blood strength only. If you were blitzing all the time you wouldn't need sacred ground to heal. When I'm in a bad situation, just use blood tribute. Not like 28 hp will make any difference. If I'm really fucked up I drink a pot, but in that situation sacred ground wouldn't help anyways so you would have to drink a pot as well on DC.

The temporary mlee power from the special attacks are worth it. The option you have is go for bully. 15% more damage on helpless is not noticiable, when you are doing 150% already (230% boosting and with sense weakness) anything that is helpless will die fast anyways. And it's trash dps, who cares about that. Except if you are those tards with personality problem that think they have to be topkillcount to feel good about themselves. If you cared about trash dps why go twf?
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2015 at 10:25am by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #362 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Sep 17th, 2015 at 10:24am:
I have 11 double boosts +20% +30% attack speed, and when those finish more 11 +30 mlee power. Each sacred groud is 30. Only for the first 11, that's 330 spell points. 660 for 22 boosts. But crusader does not gives you extra DPS really, it just compensate you for the crazy casting time.

I heal with blood strength only. If you were blitzing all the time you wouldn't need sacred ground to heal. When I'm in a bad situation, just use blood tribute. Not like 28 hp will make any difference. If I'm really fucked up I drink a pot, but in that situation sacred ground wouldn't help anyways so you would have to drink a pot as well on DC.

The temporary mlee power from the special attacks are worth it. The option you have is go for bully. 15% more damage on helpless is not noticiable, when you are doing 150% already (230% boosting and with sense weakness) anything that is helpless will die fast anyways. And it's trash dps, who cares about that. Except if you are those tards with personality problem that think they have to be topkillcount to feel good about themselves. If you cared about trash dps why go twf?

11... how? Guess there's something else you're taking (wearing?) somewhere. Only ever had 10, with Alchemist's.
Crazy casting time? Mmmk. Same time as anything else without quicken. Also, there are no AB pots.

I'm pretty sure you don't even get enough AP in this layout for Bully, cause FB capstone.

How does blitz increase your atk speed or DS? Those are what boost the heal chance for BS vs. rednames. And the sacred ground is a HoT, like druid heals, so you don't get into a situation where you need to panic heal in the first place.

TWF is entirely about trash DPS. Throw on Sense Weakness and Balanced Attacks and go to town. Twitch THF is for optimal redname DPS, last I checked. Which was a while ago, when I tried out Rubby's SR barb. That was fun.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #363 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Sep 17th, 2015 at 10:24am:

As long as I have a full stack of sparkly cider and a backpack full of SP clickies and a torc in the swap slot if I'm really low, I might as well have infinite consecrations. I don't recall ever running out of SP, this is not an issue. AND I can double action boost at the same time with consecration.

There are lots of situations where you take damage when there is nothing to swing at (or the trash dies too fast to get enough heals.) Even if you're willing to front the cash to replace a stack of soveriegn store elixirs once in a while, the long cooldown on them will still screw you over once in a while.

No, the chance of gaining a few melee power for a few seconds every 30 seconds is not worth wasting points on. More importantly, you can only effectively rotate a small number of active attacks on a melee on the move. This build already has enough. The tiny effect and long cooldown of slaughter and cruel cut would relegate them to only being used in a stationary boss fight. making them even more worthless. 

If you only value redname DPS, then you should be using Zeal.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #364 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
Also DC attacks faster with full BAB.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #365 - Sep 18th, 2015 at 8:31am
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on Sep 17th, 2015 at 6:47pm:
11... how? Guess there's something else you're taking (wearing?) somewhere. Only ever had 10, with Alchemist's.
Crazy casting time? Mmmk. Same time as anything else without quicken. Also, there are no AB pots.

Actually, I have 12. Just checked when I logged in: 5 base + 1 guild + 3 LD + 3 from FB tree
I'm pretty sure you don't even get enough AP in this layout for Bully, cause FB capstone.

Don't take bully. The dps against helpless is overkill already.

How does blitz increase your atk speed or DS? Those are what boost the heal chance for BS vs. rednames.

It doesn't. Mlee power also affect Blood Srength. Ok, for the first 20 seconds in Zeal you have more DPS... than you have less for the rest  4 minutes.

And the sacred ground is a HoT, like druid heals, so you don't get into a situation where you need to panic heal in the first place.

I tested this. I have 9 divine past lifes on this char so you can consider I used DC quite a lot. In my experience you get MORE in this situation than if you were blitzing.

TWF is entirely about trash DPS. Throw on Sense Weakness and Balanced Attacks and go to town. Twitch THF is for optimal redname DPS, last I checked. Which was a while ago, when I tried out Rubby's SR barb. That was fun.

Wut? I don't see THF beating TWF times in bruntsush (did I write his name right?) takedown... And take a Riftmaker, go to any quest, cleave cleave cleave, than you talk to me if you still think TWF is all about trash.
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2015 at 8:32am by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #366 - Sep 18th, 2015 at 8:41am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 17th, 2015 at 11:13pm:
As long as I have a full stack of sparkly cider and a backpack full of SP clickies and a torc in the swap slot if I'm really low, I might as well have infinite consecrations. I don't recall ever running out of SP, this is not an issue. AND I can double action boost at the same time with consecration.

There are lots of situations where you take damage when there is nothing to swing at (or the trash dies too fast to get enough heals.) Even if you're willing to front the cash to replace a stack of soveriegn store elixirs once in a while, the long cooldown on them will still screw you over once in a while..

Fair point. I usually drop rage and scroll heal if there is nothing to swing at. Sucks, I know. I don't use store pots. And I can't slot torc anyways, or a devotion item. Also, what are you twisting? Haste boost, balanced, scream and extra action boost?

5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 17th, 2015 at 11:13pm:
No, the chance of gaining a few melee power for a few seconds every 30 seconds is not worth wasting points on. More importantly, you can only effectively rotate a small number of active attacks on a melee on the move. This build already has enough. The tiny effect and long cooldown of slaughter and cruel cut would relegate them to only being used in a stationary boss fight. making them even more worthless. 

If you only value redname DPS, then you should be using Zeal

I don't use cleaves when I'm fighting less than 3 or less mobs, so I have room to use these abilities. And they don't spot the animation. Sure Zeal is more DPS for a short time, but how long do you need to kill deathwyrm, the dragons in TP, euxodoxia (typos.. wathever, I don't know theyr names correctly), Zuggtmoy? And the rest of the quest/raid when your not zealing?
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2015 at 8:42am by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #367 - Sep 20th, 2015 at 1:38am
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Sep 18th, 2015 at 8:41am:
Fair point. I usually drop rage and scroll heal if there is nothing to swing at. Sucks, I know. I don't use store pots. And I can't slot torc anyways, or a devotion item. Also, what are you twisting? Haste boost, balanced, scream and extra action boost?

Scroll healing is a drag. Especially if you're blitzing.

5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 6:44am:
Twists: 4/3/2/1

Sense Weakness
Balanced Attacks
Hail of Blows
Tunnel Vision

Vaultaccount wrote on Sep 18th, 2015 at 8:41am:
I don't use cleaves when I'm fighting less than 3 or less mobs, so I have room to use these abilities. And they don't spot the animation. Sure Zeal is more DPS for a short time, but how long do you need to kill deathwyrm, the dragons in TP, euxodoxia (typos.. wathever, I don't know theyr names correctly), Zuggtmoy? And the rest of the quest/raid when your not zealing?

Sure, I don't cleave all the time either, but when I do they need to be in one of those slots.

Most people extremely underrate Zeal. 50 MP + 50 DS is simply way more than 70MP. Sure the average is lower than that and you can't have it on all the time. But I'm pretty sure that 25 MP + 25 DS is still comparable 70 MP and by the time Zeal fully unstacks, it's only a few seconds from the end of it's cooldown. It's unrealistic to assume that blitz is always on and fully stacked anyway, because whether because of doors or lack of mobs or just unluck.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #368 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 10:21am
Print Post  
When you already have mlee power and doublestrike I don't know how that ends. So I did the breakdown because I found it intresting:

MP = 5 frenzy +10 death frenzy + 10 capstone + 24 epic + 12 destiny + 6 weapon focus + 6 enhanced + 6 GTWF + 5 rage +2 tome + 24 ToEE = 110

Doublestike = 9 EPL + 12 Belt + 5 PTWF = 26 (probably missing something)

Damage on blitz10 (186 MP) main hand

2.86 * 1.26 = 3.6 damage

Damage DC zeal25 (135 MP) main hand

2.35 * 1.51 = 3.54 damage

So, this means even if you had Zeal active 100% of the time, compared to blitz10 you would do less damage on the full time. But you will not have it on all the time, only 62.5% of the time. I belive it's fair to say you will have blitz 10 at least that same amount of time. Now, if you factor in off-hand, blitz  is an obvious win because off hand doesn't get the doublestrike.

Didn't put hail of blows in the calc because I just assumed haste boost twist instead of tunnel vision + hail. If you are not using haste boost all this make no sense because your dps would be so lower. And you would still be lacking grim precision so even lower DPS compared to LD. But most people (me included) don't have enough fate points to put sense weakness + balanced + grim, so idk what would drop. Probably sense weakness and load hail of blows and scream (have ap for 4 again if drop sense weakness).
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2015 at 10:49am by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #369 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Why does blitz add 76MP while Zeal only adds 25? Or am I not reading it right?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #370 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on Sep 21st, 2015 at 5:58pm:
Why does blitz add 76MP while Zeal only adds 25? Or am I not reading it right?

Zeal is 25 if you average it over the duration. That duration is longer than stated in the description though. It's more like 85% uptime instead of 62.5. Blitz should be 70 at 10 stacks...I'm not sure if he is attempting to account for the difference in passive melee power, but it should be noted that DC grants passive MP in addition to those granted by levels. There's a lot of other stuff left out of his calc as well.

Zeal is at least comparable to Blitz though even if Blitz gives more DPS. In any case, Zeal doesn't have to beat blitz all by itself, because the rest of the DC tree > rest of LD tree.
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2015 at 11:42pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #371 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 5:25am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 21st, 2015 at 11:40pm:
Zeal is 25 if you average it over the duration.

Actually it's 22.3125 Tongue

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #372 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 5:38am
Print Post  
totally wrote on Sep 22nd, 2015 at 5:25am:
Actually it's 22.3125 Tongue

Actually actually it's the same as 1d50 (25.5).

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #373 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 6:40am
Print Post  
Nope, because you're only getting it for 3.5 minutes out of 4, so it's 25.5 * 0.875.

EDIT: Actually, my bad it's less, stacks decay one every 3 seconds, so that's 50 * 3 = 150 seconds to completely decay, so that's only 2.5 minutes, not 3.5, so that's actually 25.5 * 0.625 = 15.9375.

EDIT EDIT: Btw, my original comment was merely cheek, not trying to prove a point or nuffing. I agree with you that zeal is pretty good, this is only the melee power component, and doesn't take into account the additional 15.9375% average doublestrike/shot, or the fact that it is merely a core ability rather than an epic moment.
« Last Edit: Sep 22nd, 2015 at 6:45am by totally »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #374 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 7:16am
Print Post  
totally wrote on Sep 22nd, 2015 at 6:40am:
Nope, because you're only getting it for 3.5 minutes out of 4, so it's 25.5 * 0.875.

EDIT: Actually, my bad it's less, stacks decay one every 3 seconds, so that's 50 * 3 = 150 seconds to completely decay, so that's only 2.5 minutes, not 3.5, so that's actually 25.5 * 0.625 = 15.9375.

EDIT EDIT: Btw, my original comment was merely cheek, not trying to prove a point or nuffing. I agree with you that zeal is pretty good, this is only the melee power component, and doesn't take into account the additional 15.9375% average doublestrike/shot, or the fact that it is merely a core ability rather than an epic moment.

I see. In any case, nobody is going to put in the effort to figure out average stacks and average uptime of blitz in actual play situations, so we'll just have to put it at 25.5 and handwave the uptime as equal.

It is more than 150 seconds though, despite what the description says.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
Send TopicPrint