Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) U29 AA Shuriken (Read 83056 times)
5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: U25 Shuriken
Reply #100 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
MisterHank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2015 at 8:06am:

You say '42 wis is more important than con'. May i assume u say this because between a wisdom value of 42 and 56, the increase in wis gives the most bang for ur buck because the 3rd additional projectile (6th) starts to proc at 42 wisdom. If you look at the 10k stars formula real closely tho, you may soon realize that the chance to proc 3 additional stars from 10k stars, is nihil. Matter of fact i did the math just now to make sure im not an idiot, and the chance for +3 stars seems to range from 0.2% (mhm) at 42 wis, to 3.88% with 56 wis (wtf? Thats pretty goshdarn low, is that even right? Not gonna doublecheck right now). So basicly i would reconsider the importance u attach to hitting over 42 wis, cuz the return increase can hardly be called an increase.

Hmm, well this is my first attempt at a shuri build. My understanding was that Shuri Expertise and Advanced Ninja Training both counted as "base" attacks for 10k Stars, which would essentially mean multiplying those 10k Stars values by 2.6 (assuming 80 dex). So with each animation you would have 100% chance of 1 attack, 43.6% chance of 6 attacks, ~1% chance of 9 attacks, and ~1^-7% chance of 12 attacks.

Is this not corect? In my testing I simply quantified it as "a shitload" when I ran around destroying everything in EE ToEE until I got bored.
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2015 at 11:56pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #101 - Apr 3rd, 2015 at 11:11am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 2nd, 2015 at 2:53am:
1.) (First of all #2): Crippling Strike is filler. I picked it because it actually adds something (as opposed to putting those points in faster sneaking) now that epic mobs aren't mostly immune to stat damage. What else am I going to take? True, If I end up swapping out contemplation I would have enough points to take t5 in harper, but t5s aren't necessary on every build.

I think it's worth doing the math. Sneak + doubleshot from the quiver vs. 1 enh + deception + 6 ranged power on Harper T5. Quiver can be replaced with poison damage. Plus other gear may already be providing lesser sneak bonuses.

Munkenmo wrote on Apr 2nd, 2015 at 7:13am:
Commoner epic levels are not full BAB

Thanks, Munk. That answers the question I was having about why switching into DC was raising my PRR on a 20 pally (More than the 10 from Heavenly Presence). BAB = PRR.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #102 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 12:45am
Print Post  
True the alacrity quiver becomes less appealing if I end up using the dragon masque. T5 harper would also free up a ring slot....

Like I said, going to test out different setups.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

MisterHank
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #103 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 3:47am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 2nd, 2015 at 11:54pm:
Hmm, well this is my first attempt at a shuri build. My understanding was that Shuri Expertise and Advanced Ninja Training both counted as "base" attacks for 10k Stars, which would essentially mean multiplying those 10k Stars values by 2.6 (assuming 80 dex). So with each animation you would have 100% chance of 1 attack, 43.6% chance of 6 attacks, ~1% chance of 9 attacks, and ~1^-7% chance of 12 attacks.

Is this not corect? In my testing I simply quantified it as "a shitload" when I ran around destroying everything in EE ToEE until I got bored.

Nah it doesnt work like that, it doesnt apply to 'base' attacks... it just works as stated on the wiki, ur base attacks don't have much to do with 10k stars, other than ofc that is makes u make more base attacks.. :p

9 stars is a tad more than the max, u throw 1 star standardly, then shuriken expertise and the 2nd ninja spy core both give a % chance equal to ur dex to throw an additional star, star 2 & 3. Doubleshot possibly gives a 4th.

That's without 10k going. With 10k on you gain chances at 1, 2 or 3 additional stars, based on ur wis mod. Btw, you only get a chance at the 2nd added from 10k if the 1st added procs, and the 3rd added only gets a chance if 1 & 2 both proc. Like i said earlier, with each additonal wis mod starting at +16 (42 wis), the chance for the 3rd added star increase by 1%, reduced by the % chance of the event that numero 1 and 2 both show up.... Sad face.

Same goes for doubleshot & shuriken. 1 animazione gives the DS chance only once, just saying in case you thought it was different ^.^

So, the max amount of shuriken in 1 animation is 6. Unless im, u know, retarded or something.

May i ask what level ur chucker is? If u dont wanna post it here maybe pm it? Just curiousity mostly.

Rape on.

IP Logged

MisterHank
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #104 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 4:34am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 4th, 2015 at 12:45am:
True the alacrity quiver becomes less appealing if I end up using the dragon masque. T5 harper would also free up a ring slot....

Like I said, going to test out different setups.

Posting 2 seperate posts in a row, cuz editing posts is too mainstream.

I assume u mean the epic quiver of alacrity? Dont ur monk bones make you quiver at the sight of it? (Pun intended).

-50 concentration is not good. Not good at all  xD. Whats ur concentration? Prolly not much more than 80... leaving ur concentration at x, too lazy to switch to call an asian, but its friggin' low.

Cant remember what u said ur regen is at, but the amount of shit you place above ur fan is multiplied by ur passive regen + 1.

Also, speed is useless above lvl 27 at least (just noticed quiver is ML 20, still processing). Blinding speed gives +22% attack speed.

This brings me to something i noticed a few weeks ago... if i believe my C sheet, haste spell no longer gives +22% ranged speed, but 15%. The lvl 27 feat blinding speed does however. If memory serves me right it gives 22 on lama again atm.

Oh, wiki says the quiver gives doublestrike rather than doubleshot. Funny how turbine employees manage to fail at the most basic of tasks, like distinguishing between words. Kindof makes words useless if you cant do this. I guess this makes distinguishing between homonyms like rocket science for em.... Yearly assessment at turbine: pls slide into the cannon as to not ruin the suspense..... Firing ppl is hard yo.

Stealth strike... meh, improved deception procs a lot with stars. If not, the estar challenge cloak is one of the few interesting cloaks out there, if u like seeker.

I use house avithoul seal, beats the backstabbers gloves cuz theres the iron mitts or sanctified gages to slide onto ur nimble hands instead.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #105 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 5:49am
Print Post  
Quiver gives both strike and shoot, honestly if it didnt have strike it would be utterly useless.
On ranged builds i prefer qui of poison and with sting fixed its imo pretty much a no brainer.
Also if you plan to play a dshoot focused build without 10 k, quiver is still a bad fit since you can get more with off hand weapons/reaping being my preferd choice.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #106 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
With 10K stars build, do you just skip having dshot item?

IP Logged

ChewyOoeyGoOey
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #107 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Apr 4th, 2015 at 5:05pm:
With 10K stars build, do you just skip having dshot item?

Typically I skip it since there isn't a great item that allows you to stay centered.

That said, I still take DShot feat at 28 as there's nothing better to take.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #108 - Apr 5th, 2015 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Honestly, if i had a reason to tr out of sorc or barb on main and alt and palie from alt, id most prolly make a ranger rogue monk based thrower build just to show proof how it excels all other builds.

Sadly enough, 5 months break so no possible way to do it now.
I never understood the tensor vs no tensors, any build can have tensors, scrolls are cheap yo

Unless there is some kind gamebreaking abusing bug in wizzys tensors, then really i have no idea why people push wizz and artie for thrower builds, they cost you so much dps
« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2015 at 11:14am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #109 - Apr 5th, 2015 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Apr 5th, 2015 at 11:14am:
Unless there is some kind gamebreaking abusing bug in wizzys tensors, then really i have no idea why people push wizz and artie for thrower builds, they cost you so much dps

Apparently scrolls don't last long enough & take to long to recast.

fwiw, I totally agree with you.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #110 - Apr 5th, 2015 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
After so many years playing the game, I got to the point where I couldn't be arsed to keep scrolls up any more. Too much work, not enough time for optimum dps so builds with on/off switches and few clickies were welcome here. Especially after long work days. Seeing Teth boost up for that Barb DPS vid made my wrists hurt just watching it. Wink

Edit: It was soloing and Displacement scrolls on a Pally (pre enhancement pass) that did it, I remember now. 30 second bastards.
« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2015 at 1:07pm by kum-gulp »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #111 - Apr 5th, 2015 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
The deal with Tensers is:

Show me someone who says they can scroll Tensers 100% of the times its needed and I will show you a liar.

You can argue the value of having Tensers, full time or not, but do not bullshit me and tell me you can keep it up 100% woth a scroll.

Thats garbage.

IP Logged

Pants Shitter
Korthos Resident

I Love Llamas!

Reply #112 - Apr 5th, 2015 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 5th, 2015 at 5:35pm:
The deal with Tensers is:

Show me someone who says they can scroll Tensers 100% of the times its needed and I will show you a liar.

You can argue the value of having Tensers, full time or not, but do not bullshit me and tell me you can keep it up 100% woth a scroll.

Thats garbage.

Even if they could, if you're swapping to scrolls every 66 seconds to buff, you're fucking up.

Some of these "builds" I see require you spend most of your time dropping in and out of stances and throwing scrolls, chugging pots and hitting other clickies. When the fuck do these people find the time to actually deal damage?
« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2015 at 10:16pm by Pants Shitter »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #113 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 5:16am
Print Post  
Scrolls don't uncenter you.  But anyway, would you guys still do the 5/6 wizard splash?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #114 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 6:27am
Print Post  
I never understood the tensor vs no tensors, any build can have tensors, scrolls are cheap yo

For me, it's ADHD. I can still forget a toggle, but I only have to remember it once.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

gabrion
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #115 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 7:07am
Print Post  

For me personally, the only DPS lost is 5d6 sneak attack from potentially replacing wizard 11 with rogue 11.  I know it isn't negligible, but I also don't favor scrolling tenser's and feel like the extra sneak attack is at least offset a tad by knowing my tenser's is up all the time.

For builds that have a lot of AP to play with, replacing wizard with certain class levels may make more of a difference, as it opens up certain enhancements.  For me though, once I've spent at least 14 on racial to open AA, 41 on AA itself, 6 on monk, and 8 on KTA, I've got 11 points to play with.  That either goes toward sniper shot or picking up DEX to dmg with bows from racial, depending on my mood. 

Like I said, if I had more points to play with, I'd accept the fact that I'm losing DPS by taking so many wizard levels instead of something else with an enhancement tree that could be helpful to a thrower.  As it stands, I only lose out compared to classes that give damage bonus as class features (SN from rogue, Feats from fighter now that they give ranged power, whatever else).

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #116 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Yes, Tensor's up full time is very nice and the EK tree isn't that bad for a thrower.  The Wizard levels are ok, but most useful spells are on equipment and scrolls these days.  I just don't see how it's hands down better or better at all than other builds is all....

IP Logged

gabrion
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #117 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Apr 6th, 2015 at 10:29am:
Yes, Tensor's up full time is very nice and the EK tree isn't that bad for a thrower.  The Wizard levels are ok, but most useful spells are on equipment and scrolls these days.  I just don't see how it's hands down better or better at all than other builds is all....

Actually, I'm in the camp that thinks it's worth it to spend 11 wizard (or 12 arti) levels to cast tenser's, but NOT worth it to spend 31 AP to get the EK toggle.

I would never say the EK tenser's toggle is bad for a shuri build (on the contrary, it's had a very successful history), just that when building, I more often see high impact choices for spending AP than I do for "spending" levels.  So I can live with wiz/arti levels in place of class levels that would give more DPS, but I can't get myself to spend 31 AP on the toggle AND lock out other T5s I would rather have. 

That's just me though.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #118 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 1:43pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #119 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 24th, 2015 at 4:48am:
Dexterity:

20 base
7 level-ups
11 enhancement
4 insight
2 profane
1 exceptional
2 elf AP
2 ninja AP
2 ninja capstone
4 harper AP
2 feats
2 completionist
2 guild
4 alchemical (scroll)
6 ED
4 wind stance
2 yugoloth

=77

What am I missing?

Where are you getting the +4 insight?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #120 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
no. wrote on Apr 6th, 2015 at 5:32pm:
Where are you getting the +4 insight?

eidolon necklace from HHoE

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #121 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 6th, 2015 at 5:49pm:
eidolon necklace from HHoE

Thanks. I'll have to farm one of those.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #122 - Jul 6th, 2015 at 5:40am
Print Post  
The Blender v2.0

Race: Human
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Class: 20 Monk

Stats:......... (36 pt build)

Strength............8
Dexterity...........18 (+ level ups)
Constitution.......12
Intelligence.........8
Wisdom.............18
Charisma............8
(+5 or better Dex and Wis tomes recommended)

Feat Progression

Level 1   : Point Blank Shot
Level 1(H)Precise Shot
Level 1(M)Shuriken Expertise
Level 2(M)Precision
Level 3   : Quickdraw
Level 6   : Rapid Shot
Level 6(M)10K Stars
Level 9   : Completionist
Level 12 : Improved Critical
Level 15 : Improved Precise Shot
Level 18 : Weapon Focus: Thrown
Level 21 : Overwhelming Critical
Level 24 : Combat Archery
Level 26 : Holy Strike
Level 27 : Epic DR
Level 28 : Doubleshot

Enhancements

Ninja: 41 AP

Core 6/6
Sneak Attack Training 4/4 (8 pts)
Faster Sneaking 2/3 (4 pts)
Stealthy 3/3
Acrobatic 3/3
Agility 3/3
Sting of the Ninja (2 pts)
+1 DEX
+1 DEX
No Mercy 3/3 (6 pts)
Crippling Strike (2 pts)

Racial: 5 AP

Core 2/5 (3 pts)(Damage AB, DEX)
Improved Recovery (2 pts)

Henshin: 8 AP

Core 1/6
Tortoise Form (2 pts)
Negotiator 2/3
Contemplation 3/3

Harper: 25 AP

Core 4/6 (DEX) (6 pts)
Harper Enchantment (2 pts)
Traveler's Toughness 2/3
Versatile Adept I 3/3
Versatile Adept II 3/3
Versatile Adept III 1/3
Know the Angles 1/3
Highly Skilled 3/3
+1 DEX
+1 DEX

Shintao: 1 AP

Core 1/6

Epic Destiny: Divine Crusader

Interrogation
Purge The Wicked
+1 WIS

Consecration 3/3
Flames of Purity 1/3
+1 WIS

Sacred Ground
+1 WIS

Crusade
+1 WIS

Castigation
Celestial Champion
Heavenly Presence

Twists: 4/3/1/1

Shadowdancer Echoes
Whirling Wrists
Rejuvenation Cocoon
Enlightenment

Dexterity:
18 base
7 tome
7 level
4 Wind Stance
11 gear
4 insight
1 exceptional
2 profane
2 completionist
1 racial ap
4 Harper ap
2 NSpy ap
2 NSpy capstone
1 twist
=66 Standing

4 Tensors
2 ship
2 yugo
2 store pot
=76 Buffed

+3 three epic dex feats
+3 twists
=82 Theoretical Full Retard

Wisdom:
18 base
7 tome
2 completionist
11 enhancement
2 insightful (augment)
2 profane
1 exceptional
4 ED
=47 standing

2 guild ship
2 yugo
=51 buffed

Gear:

Eyes: E. Glimpse
Head: Dragon Masque
Neck: Mystic Eidolon
Trinket: E. Litany
Back: Mysterious Cloak
Waist: E. Thoughtful Remembrance
Ring1: Swap
Hands: Sanctified Gages
Feet: E. Innocent
Ring2: Avithoul Seal
Wrists: E. Ethereal
Quiver: EE poison
Armor: ToEE Robe
Mainhand: T3 TF Shuriken or Min 2 Shuriken (5-20x2 critical, ~100 poison damage per crit)
Offhand: Upgraded ToEE kama or Shortsword

+19 augment slots
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2015 at 10:31pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #123 - Jul 6th, 2015 at 11:13am
Print Post  
i see someones been reading my thread on the main forums.

This is currently a very strong build, but alas, still somewhat out DPS'd by a Holy Sword Heavy repeater.

« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2015 at 11:15am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #124 - Jul 6th, 2015 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
Sorry for the lazy query but is Hum 20 Mnk worth TRing into if you're already a Halfling with a Mnk/Rog hybrid build? Better enough to be worth the slog back to cap? Not inclined to TR given how Halfling works well but if this is much better then I'll think on.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Send TopicPrint