Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) 20 Ranger Tempest Sucks! (Read 32765 times)
Dispel
Ex Member

20 Ranger Tempest Sucks!
Feb 22nd, 2016 at 3:35am
Print Post  
Ghostly + Blurry + 27 Dodge and you cut through EH like butter.

EE in fucking Grim and Berret and you get rekt by black Abishai.

Are Displacement clickies really required?

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Re: 20 Ranger Tempest Sucks!
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 3:59am
Print Post  
No, you just don't play well.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 4:46am
Print Post  
Quote:

go find some speed runs that dont use it.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Lemming
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #3 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 5:29am
Print Post  
Quote:

IP Logged

yardarm_
Toothless Molehunter

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 6:10am
Print Post  
Displacement is your friend.

IP Logged

Dispel
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 6:18am
Print Post  
Hell I should have made a swashbuckler with some warlock and Shining Through or something. That's dumb.

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 6:41am
Print Post  
Quote:

Seconded. Learn2Play Tongue

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #7 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 8:54am
Print Post  
20 Tempest is probably the strongest melee DPS out there.  What is your PRR and MRR?  HP?  Are you using dire charge?  You should not be getting reckt by those guys. 

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 9:04am
Print Post  
The developers have designed the game with two levels of difficulty.   

There are actually two types of players.   Those who actually have a thorough understanding of not only how the game works, but how the developers have designed things behind the scenes.

The 2nd type of player is usually a completionist who knows almost nothing, but worse than that, sadly thinks he understands the game based off of what he has gleaned from copying other players builds.

In order to keep making money, the developers allow players like the OP to get through EH content with their shoddy ridiculous belief that they know what they are doing... (you can easily recognize these fucktards because they say such stupid shit as "AC doesn't matter.. you need PRR.. I have 200 AC... it don't matter)

Let me enlighten all of you.   First of all try to wrap your skull around the idea that you know absolutely nothing.   What you think you know.. your wrong about.    

Keeping an AC "in range" of what you should have for an AC character basically counts as approximately 50% of whether you get hit or not.   if your a fucktard who wraps his lips around the the dumbass beliefe that "AC doesn't matter" and completely abandon it, you are going to get ripped a new asshole on EE. 

To put it bluntly, again you know nohting.  The entire game is built around taking what is possible for your character to have and generating a % which is then put against the difficulty you are trying to do.   

Since most of you are fucktards who blindlyl accept and cockswallow shit like "Tukaw's build"  (some nigger had the nerve to ask me if my build was a "tuckaw" build the other day)
You end up having next to almost no idea whatosever as to what is going on behind the scenes.

Fucktard Awaken: You can't 'abandon AC" becuase your fag guild leader told you it was useless, stack "27 dodge" and ghostly, and blur, attempt to get through EE content, and then come here and shoot a shit stream of ignorance all over the forum saying how the game is dumb.

Again the game has nothing to do with numbers.  The monsters arent' rolling dice against your AC, and then rolling another for a dodge miss chance, a concealment miss chance, and an incorporeal mischance.   It is a composite of all that information.   The game basically looks at whether you actually know what your doing or whether you swallowed a fag load of 'tukaw' build or whatever the homoqueers are saying these days (i.e. Ac doesnt matter y ou need PRR etc).

They *allow* you to go through  your homoqueer routines and get through EH with that shit because they want your money.   If you try to pull that shit in EE they rip you a new ass hole.

Just because your a complete dumb fuck who knows nothing about the game (the tukaw load you swallowed from your guild leader doesnt count) doesnt give you the right to come here and say the game is "dumb".

Fuck you and good night.

IP Logged

yardarm_
Toothless Molehunter

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 9:35am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 8:54am:
20 Tempest is probably the strongest melee DPS out there.  What is your PRR and MRR?  HP?  Are you using dire charge?  You should not be getting reckt by those guys.

I prefer playing a 15/5 pali variant.

Sure they have a little less dps compared to a pure ranger but they are much more survivable.

Smites are also pretty nice, now that they regenerate properly with sanctified gages and endless smiting.
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2016 at 9:37am by yardarm_ »  

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 9:50am
Print Post  
I play a 20 ranger tempest. I 2 manned LE TS last night, meleeing all the mobs. 105 DC dire charge and 95 DC stunning blow help, along with everything else, but Dispel doesnt believe in CC... Had no issues. Dispel needs to L2P and stop copying my builds, but sucking at them. I went ranger and 24h later hes sending me tells that hes going Ranger also, same as when I went warlock instakill. dickrider?
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2016 at 9:52am by Sergod »  

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #11 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 9:50am:
dickrider?

Probably, but that's not intrinsically a bad thing.

Shame on you for getting trolled by Dispel, though.

I understand when Asheras tries to be helpful.  He's a hopeless optimist.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #12 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 9:04am:
The developers have designed the game with two levels of difficulty.   

There are actually two types of players.   Those who actually have a thorough understanding of not only how the game works, but how the developers have designed things behind the scenes.

The 2nd type of player is usually a completionist who knows almost nothing, but worse than that, sadly thinks he understands the game based off of what he has gleaned from copying other players builds.

In order to keep making money, the developers allow players like the OP to get through EH content with their shoddy ridiculous belief that they know what they are doing... (you can easily recognize these fucktards because they say such stupid shit as "AC doesn't matter.. you need PRR.. I have 200 AC... it don't matter)

Let me enlighten all of you.   First of all try to wrap your skull around the idea that you know absolutely nothing.   What you think you know.. your wrong about.    

Keeping an AC "in range" of what you should have for an AC character basically counts as approximately 50% of whether you get hit or not.   if your a fucktard who wraps his lips around the the dumbass beliefe that "AC doesn't matter" and completely abandon it, you are going to get ripped a new asshole on EE. 

To put it bluntly, again you know nohting.  The entire game is built around taking what is possible for your character to have and generating a % which is then put against the difficulty you are trying to do.   

Since most of you are fucktards who blindlyl accept and cockswallow shit like "Tukaw's build"  (some nigger had the nerve to ask me if my build was a "tuckaw" build the other day)
You end up having next to almost no idea whatosever as to what is going on behind the scenes.

Fucktard Awaken: You can't 'abandon AC" becuase your fag guild leader told you it was useless, stack "27 dodge" and ghostly, and blur, attempt to get through EE content, and then come here and shoot a shit stream of ignorance all over the forum saying how the game is dumb.

Again the game has nothing to do with numbers.  The monsters arent' rolling dice against your AC, and then rolling another for a dodge miss chance, a concealment miss chance, and an incorporeal mischance.   It is a composite of all that information.   The game basically looks at whether you actually know what your doing or whether you swallowed a fag load of 'tukaw' build or whatever the homoqueers are saying these days (i.e. Ac doesnt matter y ou need PRR etc).

They *allow* you to go through  your homoqueer routines and get through EH with that shit because they want your money.   If you try to pull that shit in EE they rip you a new ass hole.

Just because your a complete dumb fuck who knows nothing about the game (the tukaw load you swallowed from your guild leader doesnt count) doesnt give you the right to come here and say the game is "dumb".

Fuck you and good night.

Agree with your comment on AC.  AC is still a valuable component.  People want to say AC is pointless if you can't get to 95% like in the old days when it was d20 based.  But even if it is only causing misses 35-40% of the time on a light armor build, it is adding value.  And you can stack that with Dodge, Blur, Ghostly.  It all adds up.  Then you need PRR and solid HP for the times you do get hit (because you will get hit sooner or later).  Crowd control helps with that too.  You have options for CC, even on a dex tempest ranger.  You ignore any of it and your build suffers in EE/LE content.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #13 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 10:04am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 9:58am:

I just like talking builds.  I have a ranger build.  I think it performs pretty well, but you can always learn more.  Even here between all the trash talk and trolling.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 10:04am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 9:58am:
Probably, but that's not intrinsically a bad thing.

Shame on you for getting trolled by Dispel, though.

didn't get trolled, but thx. trying to push the troll thread along more, actually. baiting dispel/yall to see if i can stir the pot any.
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2016 at 10:05am by Sergod »  

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 10:04am:
I just like talking builds.  I have a ranger build.  I think it performs pretty well, but you can always learn more.  Even here between all the trash talk and trolling. 

i will be posting mine this week. look forward to discussion. i love talking builds...

IP Logged

Dispel
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 10:27am
Print Post  
Zergod told me to post a thread complaining about 20 ranger sucking! HE TROLLED ME!

He also went STR build which totally means he gave up on AC... heh what a fag having no AC anymore because he wanted to get levers in TS.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 10:32am
Print Post  
Quote:
Zergod told me to post a thread complaining about 20 ranger sucking! HE TROLLED ME!

He also went STR build which totally means he gave up on AC... heh what a fag having no AC anymore because he wanted to get levers in TS.

AC is still low to mid 100s. I went STR because I couldnt fit a dex item in my gear, it allows stunning blow, and I can get into the 80s on str vs low 70s on dex. TS levers is a side perk.
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2016 at 10:32am by Sergod »  

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 10:36am
Print Post  
post your build dispel. uwotm8

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Quote:
Ghostly + Blurry + 27 Dodge and you cut through EH like butter.

EE in fucking Grim and Berret and you get rekt by black Abishai.

15 ranger 3 fighter 2 barbarian might be more to your liking then.  Give up 18 and 20 cores for defender stance (and heavy armor if you want) and ear smash.

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 10:03am:
Agree with your comment on AC.  AC is still a valuable component.  People want to say AC is pointless if you can't get to 95% like in the old days when it was d20 based.  But even if it is only causing misses 35-40% of the time on a light armor build, it is adding value.  And you can stack that with Dodge, Blur, Ghostly.  It all adds up.  Then you need PRR and solid HP for the times you do get hit (because you will get hit sooner or later).  Crowd control helps with that too.  You have options for CC, even on a dex tempest ranger.  You ignore any of it and your build suffers in EE/LE content.

About 6 years ago I got into a huge fight with people about Rage.   Sadly what people didn't understand then, and what people still don't understand, is that the game has never used a D20 system.   What it does is computes a viable AC range based on the level and difficulty and then breaks it down into what I believe was (and possibly still is) something to the effect of a 25%/50%/75%/100% system.    This was a while back when good AC's were like 80-100.  So for back then, say you were in Amrath Elite.. the range is always an 8 point system... so in any given dungeon.. for example say Amrath Elite.. the range is 94-102.     Anything below 94 you are always going to get hit, 95-96 you will get hit 75% of the time, 97-98, 50% of the time, and so on.  If you had back then a 102 or over AC it probably capped at like getting hit 25% of the time.

Today, with possible AC around double what it was I am guessing it has been expanded to probably a 16 point system.  But this is why I always tried to explain to people how Rage was a bad thing because if your AC was within range, it lowered you an entire tier (i.e. getting hit 50% to 75%).
Gullible as people are they of course think that monsters are actually rolling dice for every swing adding a  bonus and measuring that against a character's AC.

Willing to bet dollars to donuts that they have probably taken that system (most likely on a 16 point range now) and then composited it with blur /ghostly, dodge etc.   So as you say, ditching AC or even simply being far enough "out of range" for whatever it should be for that difficulty, most likely tanks  your chance to defend.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #21 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 11:07am
Print Post  
AC does NOT matter in EE....on a ranged build where the monsters can't even get near you before you kills them.  On a melee?  Yep, you needs you some AC.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 11:08am
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 11:03am:
About 6 years ago I got into a huge fight with people about Rage.   Sadly what people didn't understand then, and what people still don't understand, is that the game has never used a D20 system.   What it does is computes a viable AC range based on the level and difficulty and then breaks it down into what I believe was (and possibly still is) something to the effect of a 25%/50%/75%/100% system.    This was a while back when good AC's were like 80-100.  So for back then, say you were in Amrath Elite.. the range is always an 8 point system... so in any given dungeon.. for example say Amrath Elite.. the range is 94-102.     Anything below 94 you are always going to get hit, 95-96 you will get hit 75% of the time, 97-98, 50% of the time, and so on.  If you had back then a 102 or over AC it probably capped at like getting hit 25% of the time.

Today, with possible AC around double what it was I am guessing it has been expanded to probably a 16 point system.  But this is why I always tried to explain to people how Rage was a bad thing because if your AC was within range, it lowered you an entire tier (i.e. getting hit 50% to 75%).
Gullible as people are they of course think that monsters are actually rolling dice for every swing adding a  bonus and measuring that against a character's AC.

Willing to bet dollars to donuts that they have probably taken that system (most likely on a 16 point range now) and then composited it with blur /ghostly, dodge etc.   So as you say, ditching AC or even simply being far enough "out of range" for whatever it should be for that difficulty, most likely tanks  your chance to defend. 

I don't think you understand how the game worked then. You could get to 5% hit chance, as it was a d20 system. It was not a 12 point range... I played an AC tank for a long time, along with pumping AC on my DPS characters. You could get to 5%...

IP Logged

Dispel
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 11:08am
Print Post  
What kind of AC do I need for LE and what % of the time would I get hit from it?

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #24 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Quote:
What kind of AC do I need for LE and what % of the time would I get hit from it?

It's a long story; you should just kill yourself.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint