Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Great Terror (Read 93432 times)
harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: The Great Terror
Reply #175 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Edgar,

You could go that route if you like. Remember, you're looking for about 83'ish DC, before any debuffs to be really pumping out the PKs. I stopped playing DDO for the last 4 months but just resubbed last night. My thrower is still in this build, and in LE TS I was still constantly instakilling things. As mentioned earlier in the post, if I was going to try and do a rev two of this build, I would try to find a little more DPS for things that can't be instakilled (red names), and so your combat archery question is valid. The best version of this build in my opinion has been running in Fury for 2 less DC on PK but massively increased ability to take down red names with burst DPS.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #176 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Quote:
76? wow your'e way too low on the DC. 

Not sure what your build is but sounds like you tweaked yourself out of effectiveness. I suggest you try what I did, follow the original builds closely, you should shoot for mid 80's at the very least otherwise there isn't much point in running a Terror build.

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1456202865/92#92

If 76 DC isn't working at all than low 80s won't work realibly too. But from DC casting tests with high 70s should be getting all LE trash in the game that has low will save, that means eveything except most archers and kolbold casters.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #177 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 3:22pm:
resubbed last night

a guy does a few gear sets and dps tests and all of a sudden you re-sub ;p

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #178 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 9:44pm:
a guy does a few gear sets and dps tests and all of a sudden you re-sub ;p

well don't get too wet about it, I was sort of on the fence given Cannith changes, and excited for new crafting Slavers gear. But the tests and updates didn't hurt. Honestly it was nice to see some independent verification.
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2016 at 10:49pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Mr
Titan Demolisher

Reply #179 - Sep 5th, 2016 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
By the way this looks Awesome, and I will be trying it out.  Thanks for sharing.

+1 then some

Edit

After further review, I am putting back the original Question.

Why not start as Rogue and get 16 extra skill points?
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2016 at 6:11pm by Mr »  

IP Logged

Mr
Titan Demolisher

Reply #180 - Sep 5th, 2016 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Because the feats won't work out if you do take Rogue at level 1.  Whats a few skill pts

IP Logged

Mr
Titan Demolisher

Reply #181 - Sep 5th, 2016 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Not Completionist yet, figured zen archery for the substitute.  Is there a better option?

IP Logged

edgarallanpoe
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #182 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 9:30am
Print Post  
As the other poster said, starting with Arti gives you access to the enchantment feat.

I am in the same boat as you.  I'm not a completionist either.  Here is what I am doing...

In order to get the most Wis possible, I am starting with a 16 Dex and dropped Int down to 12 so I dont have to take a dex point at 20.  That allows me to spend all my level ups in wis.  I also dont have a Wiz past life so that gives me 2 feats to play with.  I took Zen archery at level 3.  It helps.  The other feat I took was toughness.

I am level 19 and so far it is working perfectly.  I am not sure if the lower Int will prevent me from taking the Epic caster feats but I am not seeing anything that says a minimum int is required.  I am hoping I can make up for the lack of Wiz and completionist by maxing wiz and having a +7 wis tome.  Also plan on getting Yugo pots.  It's a blast to play.  I was running with a guildie who is a very good player and he was on his Warlock...this build kept right up with him in the kill count.  Granted, I am still heroic at the moment but all signs point to this modification to Steele's build as being viable.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #183 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 3:22pm:
Edgar,

You could go that route if you like. Remember, you're looking for about 83'ish DC, before any debuffs to be really pumping out the PKs. 

Mmm If this 83 is correct, I'm close.

harharharhar wrote on Sep 10th, 2016 at 1:12pm:
Also, fire giant Champions in LE TS seem to have a will save of about 100. Even after multiple level drains they save often against a PK with a DC of 88.

Edit: NVM, way off still.

cant get close to 100... tried:

mechanic, mechanic + bard + ranger, kensai + ranger + monk

Everything soft caps around 85. Need to increase debuffs somehow, or go almost pure bard...
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2016 at 5:07pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #184 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
If you like crossbows, this is a nice version.

I'd still prefer the red named DPS of the shuriken/bow version running in Fury. Far more burst potential with Slayer/Adrenaline/Manyshot. And you wisdom actually contributes to damage during 10k. But certainly the SA damage of this build plus high base damage of the great xbow help out.

IP Logged

edgarallanpoe
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #185 - Sep 9th, 2016 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Tilo...I thought the PK/Terror arrow was a will save, not a fort save.  Not sure if your fort debuffs are helping here.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #186 - Sep 9th, 2016 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
edgarallanpoe wrote on Sep 9th, 2016 at 10:16am:
Tilo...I thought the PK/Terror arrow was a will save, not a fort save.  Not sure if your fort debuffs are helping here.

Many lols

Instead of being a dick:

Shaken is applied automatically without save, it is a condition of multiple fear based spells.
Fear is applied with a Will save
PK on a vorpal is applied with a FORT save.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2016 at 4:49pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

Reply #187 - Sep 9th, 2016 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 9th, 2016 at 3:36pm:
Many lols

Instead of being a dick:

Shaken is applied automatically without save, it is a condition of multiple fear based spells.
Fear is applied with a Will save
PK on a vorpal is applied with a FORT save.

Hope this helps.

Currently there is no fort save versus PK from a GXB 19-20 vorpal trigger, just the initial enchant save.

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

Reply #188 - Sep 9th, 2016 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 8th, 2016 at 2:36pm:
If you like crossbows, this is a nice version.

I'd still prefer the red named DPS of the shuriken/bow version running in Fury. Far more burst potential with Slayer/Adrenaline/Manyshot. And you wisdom actually contributes to damage during 10k. But certainly the SA damage of this build plus high base damage of the great xbow help out.

Even if you don't like GxBs, the Red named DPS and trash cleaning of the Primal terror is still on top. Although when TR'd back into one on Lamma I wasn't able to match Rubbins 10second Kobold.

The Primal Terror does run 14 seconds on the Kobold while still having very top-end trash cleaning, but those numbers are with a full Terror using all the past lives and stats as opposed to some of the lighter versions posted by builders without the past lives etc.. available to them.

Glad to see people are still enjoying the builds.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #189 - Sep 9th, 2016 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Steel wrote on Sep 9th, 2016 at 7:23pm:
The Primal Terror does run 14 seconds on the Kobold

wrong kobold breh

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #190 - Sep 9th, 2016 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
I like how everyone still thinks this faggot came up with the build.  Too funny.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #191 - Sep 9th, 2016 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
idc who came up with it, I appreciate that it was tested, experimented on, and written up by Steelstar and everyone else!

Rubbins, what would it take to get you to post the 10s kobold kill to the motherboards under some outrageous title like 50K DPS?

Steel wrote on Sep 9th, 2016 at 7:16pm:
Currently there is no fort save versus PK from a GXB 19-20 vorpal trigger, just the initial enchant save.

So its only 1 will save on vorpal for fear and PK then? That would explain DC 83, and not 100+ like dire charge.

So 83, +6 not a spell, +2 fear debuff = 91 spell equivalent, which is roughly the 92 Van is running in LE shroud, to get most mobs.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/471686-Fortitude-Saves-in-Legendary-El...

So I don't need warlock, except for aura to power arcane warrior. If I swap to chaos damage, I can swap warlock to arti for a feat, and then have a free feat for zen archery, to boost to-hit.

If only one could dire charge with a great crossbow equipped. It is still almost worth it.
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2016 at 10:21pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #192 - Sep 10th, 2016 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Steel wrote on Sep 9th, 2016 at 7:16pm:

Wait, wut?

So you're saying PK is now just a flat will save vs. Enchant DC? I hate not having anyone who wants to test this stuff with me in a fighting pit. I just made a bodybreaker shuriken for no reason. Back to Mindbreaker (no save -5 Will).

Ugh
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2016 at 11:46am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #193 - Sep 10th, 2016 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 10th, 2016 at 11:45am:
Wait, wut?

So you're saying PK is now just a flat will save vs. Enchant DC? I hate not having anyone who wants to test this stuff with me in a fighting pit. I just made a bodybreaker shuriken for no reason. Back to Mindbreaker (no save -5 Will).

Ugh

Yup tested and confirmed on my dual box. I feel like such an idiot. Fear is applied without a save. PK is applied as just a Will save. Fear immunity blocks PK.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #194 - Sep 10th, 2016 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Also, fire giant Champions in LE TS seem to have a will save of about 100. Even after multiple level drains they save often against a PK with a DC of 88.
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2016 at 1:14pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #195 - Sep 10th, 2016 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I can swap warlock to arti for a feat, and then have a free feat for zen archery, to boost to-hit.

?  I don't get why would you run a variant of the terror without 4 arty levels?  without endless fusilade you will be giving away piles of damage and kills. Might as well run a kensai or chucker then.

harharharhar wrote on Sep 10th, 2016 at 1:12pm:

This.  There are a couple of mobs in the game that have the most fucked up save profiles that you have to wonder if it is Dev incompetence or some turbine underling trying to take out his anger on unsuspecting DC users.
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2016 at 4:40pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

Reply #196 - Sep 10th, 2016 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 10th, 2016 at 11:45am:
So you're saying PK is now just a flat will save vs. Enchant DC?

For Imbue vorpals? Yes. For the spell, no.
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2016 at 5:56pm by »  

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

Reply #197 - Sep 10th, 2016 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Sep 9th, 2016 at 8:18pm:
I like how everyone still thinks this faggot came up with the build.  Too funny.

My build, others helped on testing but this build and several other were my idea and design alone. Unlike you I understand how the game works well enough to make builds and I don't make empty claims out of frustration.
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2016 at 6:03pm by »  

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

Reply #198 - Sep 10th, 2016 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Quote:
idc who came up with it, I appreciate that it was tested, experimented on, and written up by Steelstar and everyone else!

I'm glad that you and others are enjoying it so much, it's lasted much longer than I had expected.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #199 - Sep 11th, 2016 at 1:07am
Print Post  
Steel wrote on Sep 10th, 2016 at 5:57pm:
My build, others helped on testing but this build and several other were my idea and design alone. Unlike you I understand how the game works well enough to make builds and I don't make empty claims out of frustration.

The one, singular thing you had to do with this build was posting it here, faggot: kudos!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Send TopicPrint