Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) U31 Hits Lamannia (Read 49902 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: U31 Hits Lamannia
Reply #25 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 10:13am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 3:19am:
Fighter looks really good on lama right now. Lot of melee power, doublestrike, prr/mrr, and enough click attacks to fill an entire hotbar between feats, kensei and vanguard abilities.

I'm messing around with tier 5 kensei, kensei capstone, lv 18 core vanguard, kta, and stalwart stance.

First life, no tomes, 32pt build, human.

Getting stunning shield dc up to 112. (took all the "tactics" titled boosting feats) (and low 52 str, 34 int)

doublestrike at 42. All of the kensei attacks can doublestrike, and so do stunning shield and dire charge.  Cheesy

prr 181

melee power 173

Seems good.

That's solid.  Where would you rate it compared to a Tempest Ranger?  On par, better, or worse?

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #26 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 10:28am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but
I'm not a fuckin' bastard

Reply #27 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 10:34am
Print Post  
TheFifthSock wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 4:09am:
I don't doubt that this is true, but are these reports available for public view anywhere? The DDOracle hasn't been updated since autumn 2014 (except for the special Vault report in May 2015 that's now gone), so it's a bit hard finding information that can at least be somewhat trustworthy.

Granted because of the oracle not being used these reports are from others observing the who list. Not many guildless lowbie players on along with the long term vets. I can only imagine how any new player coming to the game would play for a weekend and immediately dump the shit.

The rest of the reports from the remaining player base holding down the fort are just a little more reliable than what little we get from the dev team. Discerning individuals can see who is being genuine and others can see who is being an all out minimizing flaming fanboi.

Since the dev's for the last year have made Cordo-stain & their twitch stream PC circle jerk team do the PR for them, getting straight answers based in facts backed with evidence in real numbers and hard statistics has been replaced with  "We appreciate the frustration", "Lag is on the players side check your ports", "Yay we reset the server for the 3rd time this week, lag be gone!" and the ever popular "Soon™" So the players that are genuine now must resort to eyballing things but it's not hard to see how the scales are being tipped.
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2016 at 10:39am by Novalis »  

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #28 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 11:21am
Print Post  
What kind of Kobold kill times are people getting on Kensais?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 10:13am:
That's solid.  Where would you rate it compared to a Tempest Ranger?  On par, better, or worse?

worse.

what they did to rangers was backwards. They out dps the top 3 melee classes of barbs, pallies, and obv fighters.

The only "benefits" they gave fighters was +3 million tactics dc, and 18 prr/mrr through feats(prr is garbage in this meta, everyone should be on dodge and incorp chance).

Cetus would be sad. The upside is 3 stun attacks(insane dcs) and random stun proc off shield bashes just from holding down attack. 

Bigjunk wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 11:21am:

actually didnt try the the red kobolds in the dojo basement. I'll whip up a tempest and compare times later today. Will be generic build (meaning no tomes, past lives, dojo gear, no twists, pots, scrolls).

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #30 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:04pm:
worse.

what they did to rangers was backwards. They out dps the top 3 melee classes of barbs, pallies, and obv fighters.

The only "benefits" they gave fighters was +3 million tactics dc, and 18 prr/mrr through feats(prr is garbage in this meta, everyone should be on dodge and incorp chance).

Cetus would be sad. The upside is 3 stun attacks(insane dcs) and random stun proc off shield bashes just from holding down attack. 

actually didnt try the the red kobolds in the dojo basement. I'll whip up a tempest and compare times later today. Will be generic build (meaning no tomes, past lives, dojo gear, no twists, pots, scrolls).

I've heard talk that Turbine is underwhelmed by the Fighter's base DPS and is looking for ways to boost it up.  It should be at least on par with Ranger, imo.  If not slightly better.  Rangers have the bows, the evasion, the self healing/buff casting.  They have slightly more utility than the fighter. 

I'm not sure what form that takes, but looking at the Ranger, I think that Tempest and Kensai are close.  But a ranger is often getting Mark of the Hunted, Thrill of the Hunt, and Killer out of DWS (plus a few nice clickie attacks with higher W) in addition to the stuff in Tempest.  Fighter doesn't get jack shit for DPS from Vanguard or SD.  Killer is 20% doublestrike.  Thrill of the Hunt is +3 damage for six seconds.  Mark of the Hunted is a 35% fort reduction.  Some adds along those lines would probably even things out a bit.  I've not been to the dojo, but I'd be curious how far off the numbers are.    

They have to be careful about putting too much power in Kensai alone though.  It is different to have Rangers need two trees up to T4 to get all that power where as a fighter only needs one tree.  They can avoid a lot of problems by putting the DPS boosts in the 12, 18 and 20 cores, though.  That will prevent too much 4-5 level multiclassing just for a very strong Kensai tree.
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:25pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #31 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
That at looks cool so far. May haps have to do another fighter life Cheesy

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:15pm:
I've not been to the dojo, but I'd be curious how far off the numbers are.

If it were to be a max dps fighter then vanguard and shield must be dropped.

TWF, I suppose more harper for the melee power, and stalwart for the str and enchantment upgrades. Still not looking better dps-wise than rangers.

Kensei should get a higher critical threat range than what rangers, barbs and pallies are getting with any same weapon type. 16-20 kopesh should be like 14-20 for kensei. I mean, why name them kensei when theyre actually the same as other classes and worse dps... Like, idc how holy your sword is, you're not even one with the blade bruh !

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but

Reply #33 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:04pm:
worse.

When I saw they were gonna start taking pot shots at the fighter pass, it was on the coat tails of the garbage balancing pass last Autumn. I felt even then that fighter was gonna be made into an EZ button in an attempt to attract less than proficient players and give the long time less than proficient players something else to power through, or at least give the illusion of it up to a point.

So this is just another shit update that is being ramrodded roughshod down players throats and expected to like it like Asheras takes the Cordo-cock except unlike Asheras we do not justify, make excuses or want more of the same old unpolished half assed garbage the devs have been shoveling out since ToEE a year ago.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #34 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:36pm:
If it were to be a max dps fighter then vanguard and shield must be dropped.

TWF, I suppose more harper for the melee power, and stalwart for the str and enchantment upgrades. Still not looking better dps-wise than rangers.

Kensei should get a higher critical threat range than what rangers, barbs and pallies are getting with any same weapon type. 16-20 kopesh should be like 14-20 for kensei. I mean, why name them kensei when theyre actually the same as other classes and worse dps... Like, idc how holy your sword is, you're not even one with the blade bruh !

That's a good point.  Altering the crit profile would be a good thematic way to add power and create something unique for the Kensai.  They went out of their way to give most DPS classes the ability to get a competence bonus to Crit range and Modifier that is identical.  Doing something extra here would be compelling and add some DPS.  Even if they are only expanding the crit multiplier on 19-20.  Something that boosts the crits would be a good way to get the job done.  I'd prefer a wider crit range, tbh, but something with crits vs. messing with doublestrike or MP would be cool.

« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:55pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #35 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:37pm:
When I saw they were gonna start taking pot shots at the fighter pass, it was on the coat tails of the garbage balancing pass last Autumn. I felt even then that fighter was gonna be made into an EZ button in an attempt to attract less than proficient players and give the long time less than proficient players something else to power through, or at least give the illusion of it up to a point.

So this is just another shit update that is being ramrodded roughshod down players throats and expected to like it like Asheras takes the Cordo-cock except unlike Asheras we do not justify, make excuses or want more of the same old unpolished half assed garbage the devs have been shoveling out since ToEE a year ago.

You are a broken record.  Really.  The balance pass still?  After 7 months?  Old news man.  Move on. 

Guess what, guys.  Novalis thinks the new update is shit.  Despite not having logged into Lama and run the quests or tested the fighter build options.  But, no need to make an informed decision.  He has already decided in advance doesn't like something about DDO.  Couldn't have seen that one coming.  In other breaking news, water is wet. 

BTW, the new update is really weak.  But you don't even know why, Doomboi.  You just like any excuse to bring up your months old unresolved issues and psychosis.   

What a nutjob. 

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but

Reply #36 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:54pm:
You are a broken record.  Really.  The balance pass still?  After 7 months?  Old news man.  Move on. 

Guess what, guys.  Novalis thinks the new update is shit.  Despite not having logged into Lama and run the quests or tested the fighter build options.  But, no need to make an informed decision.  He has already decided in advance doesn't like something about DDO.  Couldn't have seen that one coming.  In other breaking news, water is wet. 

BTW, the new update is really weak.  But you don't even know why, Doomboi.  You just like any excuse to bring up your months old unresolved issues and psychosis.   

What a nutjob. 

Old news! Move along, nothing to see here! Ignore the shit that has been plaguing the game for months if not years. Keep whitewashing the colossal fuck ups the devs and Cordo-stain make. Yeah, this may be something I'm fixated on but I'd rather be viewed crazy than a fucking hypocrite.

How many of your fellow fanbois don't play but sing nothing but praises about the game? Or how about when it's obvious the majority of the vocal player base expressed concern and dismay when they're not being shouted down by fanboi faggots such as Asheras and others, or silenced and sanitized by Cordo-stain? Why should I take a peek in the update when not only others are saying the update is shit but every single major issue of the last year has still not been fixed and has been made worse?

It's not just me. It's not personal. But you, Asheras are still a saturated Cordovan-cum sock.
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2016 at 2:31pm by Novalis »  

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
On the population numbers going down, there is indirect evidence all over the place.  For instance, my guild has 18 active accounts and 54 inactive more than 6 months.  Thats telling.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #38 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 2:07pm:
Old news! Move along, nothing to see here! Ignore the shit that has been plaguing the game for months if not years. Keep whitewashing the colossal fuck ups the devs and Cordo-stain make. Yeah, this may be something I'm fixated on but I'd rather be viewed crazy than a fucking hypocrite. How many of your fellow fanbois don't play but sing nothing but praises abut the game when it's obvious when the majority of the vocal player base isn't being silenced and sanitized they've expressed dismay? Why should I take a peek in the update when not only others are saying the update is shit but every single major issue of the last year has still not been fixed and has been made worse? It's not just me. It's not personal. But you're still a saturated Cordovan-cum sock.

People could still be bitching about the enhancement pass.  To what end?  People could still be bitching about the nerf to vorpal or WoP weapons.  To what end?

That's not "whitewashing the colossal fuckups."  That's not being a crazy person who dwells in the past and gets worked up over shit that isn't going to change. 

You can have an impact on the direction the game goes from here.  You can't change all that shit that happened in the past.  Look, I know you are a DDO addict.  The constant lurking and hate posting after quitting 2 months ago makes it obvious.  And you are an addict not just of DDO, but the DDO from the past.  The one you liked, before all the changes that have you all worked up and mouth foaming.  You want that DDO back.  But it's not coming back.  Ever. 

Sorry man.  I understand what you are feeling.  I thought 2011 DDO was the apex of DDO.  Everything from MoTU on has been downhill, imo.  I disagree with ETR, ED's, ITR, Loot choices, Legendary, enhancement pass, more shit than I can even remember.  Including the balance pass.  The game is weighed down by all the mistakes of the past.  I'd much rather play DDO 2011 than DDO 2016.  But that's not an option.  And DDO 2016 is still better (With all it's warts) than anything else that I have found to play. (I've looked around.  Tried a dozen other games) Which is why I still play.  Not because I think the game is awesome and perfect and Turbine is great.  It just sucks less than the competition. 

I don't like the lag issues, the crafting fubar, the balance pass, the LGS mess, the new loot mess, the monk mess, the lack of producer's letters and weak communication, and the fact that fighters don't do enough DPS yet.  I've posted criticism about all these here and on MoBo.  The lag had me on the verge of leaving the game.  I'm still kinda on the fence if they can't fix raiding.  Feel free to ignore that, though, and call me a fanboi.  You aren't real good with facts and reality.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #39 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
raybob wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 2:31pm:
On the population numbers going down, there is indirect evidence all over the place.  For instance, my guild has 18 active accounts and 54 inactive more than 6 months.  Thats telling.

There is no doubt population is declining.  Whether from the Oracle, yourddo, who list, auction house posting, guild memberships, channel counts, LFMS's.  The game has been losing players since a peak in 2012. 

IP Logged

Knight Solaire
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
So how are the new quests? Any good?

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but

Reply #41 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 2:41pm:
People could still be bitching about the enhancement pass.  To what end?  People could still be bitching about the nerf to vorpal or WoP weapons.  To what end?

That's not "whitewashing the colossal fuckups."  That's not being a crazy person who dwells in the past and gets worked up over shit that isn't going to change.

You can have an impact on the direction the game goes from here.  You can't change all that shit that happened in the past.  Look, I know you are a DDO addict.  The constant lurking and hate posting after quitting 2 months ago makes it obvious.  And you are an addict not just of DDO, but the DDO from the past.  The one you liked, before all the changes that have you all worked up and mouth foaming.  You want that DDO back.  But it's not coming back.  Ever.

If you ignore problems for a long time, cover it up with patches, say it's not a problem and make others feel bad for pointing them out, you're just preparing for an inevitable bigger and possibly insurmountable set of much larger issues. You can have an impact on the game, if you're willing to drink the Cordo-cock Kool-aid, try to be one of THOSE members of the PC, and not rock the boat while being a part of the naysayer relief team. Rarely have I seen anything beneficial come out of logical requests. But if you want to make something benefit certain members of the PC and the fanbois, it's pretty much a given. In the last year they've been getting concessions. No one can deny this.

I'm not an addict because once again this is personal but yes, I take great pride in the community I've become a part of. There are people sending me messages in the hopes I'll come back and that DDO will actually be playable again. I understand that DDO 2016 is nowhere near what it was when level cap was 20. But I wouldn't change the direction they've taken the game. It was going in an expansive direction and any game made must be progressive even when they fucked up in 2012 with the rollout of MOTU and the CITW debacle that drove away 75% of the existing playerbase. But DDO was strong enough to weather even through that.

Sorry man.  I understand what you are feeling.  I thought 2011 DDO was the apex of DDO.  Everything from MoTU on has been downhill, imo.  I disagree with ETR, ED's, ITR, Loot choices, Legendary, enhancement pass, more shit than I can even remember.  Including the balance pass.  The game is weighed down by all the mistakes of the past.  I'd much rather play DDO 2011 than DDO 2016.  But that's not an option.  And DDO 2016 is still better (With all it's warts) than anything else that I have found to play. (I've looked around.  Tried a dozen other games) Which is why I still play.  Not because I think the game is awesome and perfect and Turbine is great.  It just sucks less than the competition.

Many people have said they wanted to have a nostalgia setting for DDO but this is as likely as DDO 2. Many aspects of DDO in the past 3 years has been sampled if not blatantly ripped off from other games. But what the real players care about is that this game is the closest to a real Dungeons and Dragons MMO. There is no other game that has come close to the complexity of the potential builds and once upon a time it celebrated this diversity. It didn't matter how many curve balls were thrown over the last 2 years, we rolled with them. We adapted and some of us were foolish enough to think we has a voice, that we were a part of a community. In the last year we have seen quite the contrary and it's been shown to us with a wall of silence and indifference.

I don't think I would go to a rollback of DDO 2012 if I could. DDO 2016 could be great. I wish we had a dev team that actually had the capacity of the creativity shown in quests like Haunted Halls, or ADQ 1. I can get over the bullshit balancing pass. I can only hope there would be improvements and an overhaul of LGS like they did during my 2 year hiatus with heroic greensteel. I can even overlook the horribly insulting and passive aggressive 10 year anniversary event but GODDAMMIT, give me a game that at least works.

I don't like the lag issues, the crafting fubar, the balance pass, the LGS mess, the new loot mess, the monk mess, the lack of producer's letters and weak communication, and the fact that fighters don't do enough DPS yet.  I've posted criticism about all these here and on MoBo.  The lag had me on the verge of leaving the game.  I'm still kinda on the fence if they can't fix raiding.  Feel free to ignore that, though, and call me a fanboi.  You aren't real good with facts and reality. 

I am a DDO fanboi/doomboi. I've been playing pen and paper since the mid 80's playing AD&D. But when I say fanboi, I'm not talking about someone that spends 8 hours polishing a chair with their ass immersed in DDO, because, yes that has been me. I'm talking about these fledgling suck ups hanging off the balls of self imposed figureheads that are directly responsible for the sabotaging and misconduct that had degraded a groundbreaking MMO that has united people from all over the world and want to be a part of the circle that are attempting to hijack something from people marring the face of DDO just to make it something they can call their own.

This is my perceived reality. What good are the facts when the moment you have a contentious view the Cordovan strawman army comes in and twists perceptions? What we are seeing this upcoming month is the DDO swan song. Anyone who cannot or refuse to see the game is not only going down but is being deliberately sabotaged is in a serious state of denial or is being bribed and has ulterior motives. There is no way a great game with so many amazing people & accomplishments like DDO could go out this way without people in a position of power deliberately making things happen to this effect while still trying to cash in. The reality is if something fundamental does not change, I highly doubt we will see a version of DDO extending beyond 2016.

« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2016 at 4:01pm by Novalis »  

IP Logged

Durk
The Deranged

I've got a secret!

Reply #42 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
DDO can't operate without the IP license, period.  It expires at the end of May 2016.  At this point in time they must have already renewed the license as the legal work required in 30 days would be ridiculous. WotC can support more than one person paying them royalties, especially for an old system.

The only point I will concede to you is that I bet the duration of the license is not as long as it had been previously.  I am suspecting 2, 3, MAYBE 5 years, at most.
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2016 at 4:10pm by Durk »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 11:21am:

Just did the dps test with a ranger and fighter.

using no tomes, fresh nub generic builds.

Dojo gear no legendary greensteel. all tests start with full blitz stacks. all str based builds with KtA. Both equipped with epic litany.

fighter time : 93 seconds.

66 str. 38 int. (boosted with surge and KtA)

TF kopesh 1st degrees, dragon edge, burning emptiness mainhand.

Epic Bleeding Edge offhand.

43% doublestrike using 8% doublestrike item and 7% insightful doublestrike necklace. 

110 melee power without blitz. notable because in order to achieve this number, I had to take 13 weapon focus/specialization feats.

Ranger Tempest time : 83 seconds

46 str. 24 int.

98 melee power. only took 3 weapon focus feats.

For the fighter to be comparable I needed 13 focus feats(u wot m8). Has double the doublestrike percent. Higher str. Higher int. And still behind.... By a good margin.

I think they need to increase the melee power in the specialization and greater focus feats to +4 each.
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2016 at 4:33pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #44 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 7:26am:
That build does have a lot. But it's mostly due to stunning blow, dire charge, stunning shield. Then both cleaves and finally the kensei attacks(shattering strike, good death, and deadly strike).

Sounds like a fair trade off to me.

I used to load up a Kensai with unnecessary and poor-performing combat feats just to make fighting more fun, so this feels about right. Now I wish I hadn't TRed mine into a Monk all that time ago. Fucking Monks.

Anyway, back to the point; it feels different for different classes I think. I find the amount of active attacks on one of my thrower builds annoying but that's because I need to be concentrating on movement, defense, boosts, keeping BAB maxed with clickies, IPS line-up, etc. On a Kensai I crave something other than auto-attack.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #45 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 4:30pm:
Just did the dps test with a ranger and fighter.

*snip*

Thanks for this, interesting stuff and appreciated.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #46 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:36pm:

Or nerf rangers since they are the problem.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
But what does a 12 Bard 6 Fighter 2 Rogue swashbuckling handaxes look like now?  That is the real question.....

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 5:02pm:
Or nerf rangers since they are the problem.

The Tempest dps is better even when a strength score is 20 points lower, int score 10 points lower, and melee power 10 points lower. Not even having to take 10 extra melee power feats. All the passive doublestrike and melee power that kensei has is surpassed when the tempest hits its action buttons. 1k Cuts, Growing Storm and Exposing Strike are better than having to mash Surge+One Cut+Deadly.

« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2016 at 8:12pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #49 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 4:30pm:
For the fighter to be comparable I needed 13 focus feats(u wot m8). Has double the doublestrike percent. Higher str. Higher int. And still behind.... By a good margin.

I think they need to increase the melee power in the specialization and greater focus feats to +4 each.

Interesting.  I suggested that they change the +1 to hit/+1 damage in the focus weapon line to add maybe 2-4 MP per level.  The response I got was that MP scales too much and they bumped it to +1 to hit/+2 damage per tier and added the 5th tier with +3+3.  I'm wondering if that tree is another possible place to get that boost.  hard to say if doing it with AP or feats makes more sense.  Although, the ability to take more feats to get the MP might be a good thing or a bad thing.  Can't say for sure which. 

Wonder what the impact a crit profile change would have.  Rangers can bypass fort more easily that fighters.  That gives them a crit advantage against fortified mobs even with the same crit profile.  Rangers can get 35%(10% passive).  A fighter gets 15% (all of it from shattering strike).  Not including the use of imp. sunder.

Did you post this on the MoBo?  Turbine has already indicated they don't like where the DPS is. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Send TopicPrint