Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic I'm serious (Read 7428 times)
Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

I'm serious
May 10th, 2016 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
​Races

- Two new hairstyles are now available for human male characters.
- Six new beards are now available for gnomes.
- Several new beards are now available for human male characters.
- Fixed an issue where the projectile offset was incorrect for gnomes.
- Deep Gnome Iconic tattoos now display correctly.

UI

- A Default Group Volume preference has been added to the Voice section of the Audio options UI.     This volume slider sets the default voice volume level of new group members.
- The default group volume slider and party UI slider is now 75% by default.
- Character Bios can now be up to 1200 characters.

BEST

UPDATE

EVER

!!!!

source
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2016 at 12:14pm by Halfmaniac »  

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Re: I'm serious
Reply #1 - May 10th, 2016 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
That's probably the special little waffles on the PC ......

PC - they want QOL fixes
Turdbin - howabout some beards and bio shit
PC - you nailed it!

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2 - May 10th, 2016 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on May 10th, 2016 at 12:10pm:

PC - they want QOL fixes
PC - you nailed it!

The PC had no involvement in the new cosmetics or the change to the bio.  Sorry to disappoint.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - May 10th, 2016 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 10th, 2016 at 12:17pm:
The PC had no involvement in the new cosmetics or the change to the bio.  Sorry to disappoint. 

So turbine finally took the initiative and gave us what we really wanted, is that what you're saying?

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #4 - May 10th, 2016 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Animated objects walking through walls n doors, sweetsauce.

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #5 - May 10th, 2016 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on May 10th, 2016 at 1:01pm:
So turbine finally took the initiative and gave us what we really wanted, is that what you're saying?

Apparently they can come up with gems like those all on their own, yes.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - May 10th, 2016 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
The PC had no involvement

In anything...Duh.

Give Ash a break, the PC this year is nothing but Bunch of useless shills as illustrated by the leaked PC threads...  I mean those posts are such shit.

Let's be honest, The PC they picked including Ash was just a pack of shills and yes-men who wanted a shiny 'achievement' added to their name, clearly they have no interest or knowledge to help the game.

Nuff said.
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2016 at 2:59pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - May 10th, 2016 at 3:21pm
Print Post  

Remind me what the actual value of the PC is? If it had no involvement, then there was no value here at least.  Is there any value elsewhere?   I tend to doubt it.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #8 - May 10th, 2016 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on May 10th, 2016 at 12:10pm:

PC - they want QOL fixes
PC - you nailed it!

this post is great to me

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - May 10th, 2016 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on May 10th, 2016 at 12:03pm:

- Character Bios can now be up to 1200 characters.

BEST

UPDATE

EVER

!!!!
[/url]

Ha!  Apparently this one wasn't even a planned enhancement and isn't in the release.

Quote:
Cordovan:  You are correct. This is a case of me mis-interpreting changelist information. A change was made to prevent a build message error, rather than an expansion of the visible bio field. I have removed this from the Release Notes.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - May 10th, 2016 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on May 10th, 2016 at 5:58pm:
Ha!  Apparently this one wasn't even a planned enhancement and isn't in the release.

Grin

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #11 - May 10th, 2016 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Jesus Backflipping Christ. Just when you think they really can't appear to be any more incompetent, they manage to prove you wrong again.

At least they restarted the servers, so lag might be slightly reduced for a day or two. About the only worthwhile thing to come out of updates any more.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #12 - May 11th, 2016 at 9:59am
Print Post  
pnellesen wrote on May 10th, 2016 at 11:06pm:
Jesus Backflipping Christ. Just when you think they really can't appear to be any more incompetent, they manage to prove you wrong again.

Plotting Turbine's demonstrated competence over time seems to mirror the number of logins per day.  This might lead one to believe that logins/day = zero will indicate Turbine's lowest possible competence.

There is nothing in Turbine's history that leads me to believe there is a lower limit to their competence.  I'm sure that even when logins/day reaches zero they will somehow fuck things up even more.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #13 - May 11th, 2016 at 10:31am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 10th, 2016 at 3:21pm:
Remind me what the actual value of the PC is? If it had no involvement, then there was no value here at least.  Is there any value elsewhere?   I tend to doubt it.

The PC is supposed to provide feedback on design changes prior to coding or prior to going to Lama.  The idea is to get feedback earlier in the design process when changes can be made more easily.  Or to just get a feel how something is going to be received.

As we have all seen, by the time something reaches lama, it has already been coded.  Only very small changes can be made at that point.  Mostly, they are looking for bugs.  With Kensei tree, there were some adjustments to the power level made based on lama testing, but even those require a patch.  What you get on lama is pretty much what you are getting on live, outside of some QA/bug fixes.   

The PC doesn't see everything.  Even if they show the PC something, the scope of what changes can be made varies.  Also, keep in mind that everything we discuss is on paper.  We can't test anything either.  Lama is the only place to actually test stuff.   

On the subject of Lama: 

I would argue that quests going to Lama can go later in the design process (as they currently do now).  Since all they do is fix bugs and tweak the HP/damage stats a bit based on reports.  But they aren't substantially redesigning the content based on lama feedback.  One or two weeks before live is probably fine.  (If you actually fix the stuff you find)

Systems stuff (like Kensei tree or other class passes) however need to be on Lama sooner.  It is rare that you can set the power level of this stuff and get all the interactions with all the other systems tested and validated prior to having the player base actually play it.  I liked the Kensei stuff on paper.  In game, though?  Seriously meh.  Ranger was the same.  It played markedly differently than on paper.  (Although in the case of Ranger, it played better, not worse, than I thought on paper)  I think systems stuff they should get to lama 3-4 weeks prior to the target live date to allow more time for testing and tweaking.  Enough lead time they can actually make functional changes.  Not just bug fixes. 

The PC has a role in the some parts of the design process, but it is not large.  If I was recommending fixes, I'm not sure I'd recommend the PC have a larger role in design.  I'd recommend lama have a larger role.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #14 - May 11th, 2016 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 11th, 2016 at 10:31am:
I'd recommend lama have a larger role.

That seems like such a no-brainer, have they said anything (that you can repeat) as to why they don't? In all my years of playing, all I've ever heard is reasonable people saying they should give it a larger role and Fanbois saying it isn't necessary. Do they even consider it?

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - May 11th, 2016 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Well, when they disbanded Mournlands they said they were going to put things up on lamma earlier and for longer to get the playtesting/feedback there. Which they did, for 2 or 3 updates.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #16 - May 11th, 2016 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Only very small changes can be made at that point.

This is not true. 

What IS true is that if any changes will be made, they will only be small ones.  Turbine could make large changes based on Lama feedback, but they choose not to.

Mostly, they are looking for bugs.

Examples such as "The new quest Memoirs of an Illusory Larcener cannot be completed if more than one player character is in the quest (hirelings are fine.)" lead me to believe otherwise.

The only benefit to Turbine I see in Lama is to test whether update will compile and run in an environment that is not quite the same as live.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #17 - May 11th, 2016 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2016 at 11:09am:
That seems like such a no-brainer, have they said anything (that you can repeat) as to why they don't? In all my years of playing, all I've ever heard is reasonable people saying they should give it a larger role and Fanbois saying it isn't necessary. Do they even consider it?

I'd be guessing.  I've not heard anything in depth about the design process and why they go to lama when they do.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #18 - May 11th, 2016 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on May 11th, 2016 at 11:40am:
This is not true. 

What IS true is that if any changes will be made, they will only be small ones.  Turbine could make large changes based on Lama feedback, but they choose not to.

It is true, given the timing of the development cycle that they have using.  With 1 week between lama and RTM(old term.  Since you aren't pressing CD's anymore), you cannot make large design changes. 

If, however, you are willing to alter the working parameters and are flexible on moving out your release date based on your lama feedback (or begin lama earlier in the process), then you can make larger changes between lama and release. 

But my comment was based on the current process.  I think we agree that a different process would be advantageous and support the ability to make larger changes between lama and live.      

IP Logged

Tangelina
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - May 11th, 2016 at 6:24pm
Print Post  

It looks good on paper for them anyway.

IP Logged

Spoon
Stormreaver Piker

Fuck yeah Drama!

Reply #20 - May 12th, 2016 at 1:31pm
Print Post  

For use as human shields on the mobos?  Undecided

The USA is having so many disasters and tragedies you'd almost think it was built on thousands of ancient Indian burial grounds.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - May 12th, 2016 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
The PC is supposed to provide feedback on design changes prior to coding or prior to going to Lama.  The idea is to get feedback earlier in the design process when changes can be made more easily.  Or to just get a feel how something is going to be received.

As we have all seen, by the time something reaches lama, it has already been coded.  Only very small changes can be made at that point.  Mostly, they are looking for bugs.

So, the 'value' the PC brings is a small 1% pool of dubious design knowledge bringing their take on how the other 99% of the player base might receive something?  When the same thing might be far better evaluated by actually allowing the remaining 99% to provide a more accurate feedback?  I mean, if this is the feedback they claim that they want to receive, then maybe allowing the people whose feedback they claim to want to actually provide it for them might be a goal, rather than limiting their feedback to a sparse <1%.  Right?

And this has any value at all, how?  Really, I'd love to hear from a PC member or from Turbine exactly what value they expect to derive from the hours they spend on the Player's Council.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #22 - May 13th, 2016 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
QA/bug fixes.

No.

Lama is the only place to actually test stuff.

I agree it could happen, but disagree with your implication that it does.

I'd recommend lama have a larger role.

FTFY.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - May 13th, 2016 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 12th, 2016 at 10:28pm:
So, the 'value' the PC brings is a small 1% pool of dubious design knowledge bringing their take on how the other 99% of the player base might receive something?  When the same thing might be far better evaluated by actually allowing the remaining 99% to provide a more accurate feedback?  I mean, if this is the feedback they claim that they want to receive, then maybe allowing the people whose feedback they claim to want to actually provide it for them might be a goal, rather than limiting their feedback to a sparse <1%.  Right?

And this has any value at all, how?  Really, I'd love to hear from a PC member or from Turbine exactly what value they expect to derive from the hours they spend on the Player's Council.

I agree with Asheras's point.  I do not agree that the PC is being used as it should be though.

The PC was intended to provide a focus group of feedback very early in design.  A carefully chosen focus group is meant to represent the broad player base.  Turbine do nothing right, and the PC implementation is as effective as their coding and customer support.  This is what happens when you employ a useless hack fanboi as you PR rep, with no background in any PR/CS related area.
The whole PC and forums are run by a small minded and insecure dictator.

The PC is intended to provide feedback before there was anything on Lama for the other 99% to see.
How else would they get feedback from the other 99%?
The DDO forums only have a small percentage of players?
Even Lama is only a small subset of players?

I don't look at the PC being exclusive and shutting us out of the chance to contribute, because we can apply if we wanted too.
And I would if I thought the PC was anything but a sad joke.
The PC was a good idea, implemented badly (again).
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2016 at 7:48pm by PersonaNonGrata »  

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #24 - May 14th, 2016 at 8:32am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on May 13th, 2016 at 7:47pm:
I agree with Asheras's point.  I do not agree that the PC is being used as it should be though.

The PC was intended to provide a focus group of feedback very early in design.  A carefully chosen focus group is meant to represent the broad player base.  Turbine do nothing right, and the PC implementation is as effective as their coding and customer support.  This is what happens when you employ a useless hack fanboi as you PR rep, with no background in any PR/CS related area.
The whole PC and forums are run by a small minded and insecure dictator.

The PC is intended to provide feedback before there was anything on Lama for the other 99% to see.
How else would they get feedback from the other 99%?
The DDO forums only have a small percentage of players?
Even Lama is only a small subset of players?

I don't look at the PC being exclusive and shutting us out of the chance to contribute, because we can apply if we wanted too.
And I would if I thought the PC was anything but a sad joke.
The PC was a good idea, implemented badly (again).

Well said, PNG, you hit it out of the park with this one. Yet another great idea corrupted by Turbine's Dumbass Touch.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint