Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) U31 Hits Lamannia (Read 49563 times)
slothinator
Waterworks Kobold

You're doing it wrong

U31 Hits Lamannia
Apr 28th, 2016 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/474931-Update-31-on-Lamannia!

Lamannia is now open with a preview of Update 31: Gnomework! Click here for the Lamannia Release Notes, which will change over time.

Couple of notes: (surprise, things don't work)

Unfortunately, the Lamannia Character Copy tool is not functioning, and we continue to work to get it back into operation. So, no character copy, but also no character wipe this time around.
Ignore the text in the Lamannia launcher claiming to be from Middle Earth. Wat?
Two of the three quests are currently available, Good Intentions and Search and Rescue.
The Fighter Kensei has several text bugs, and may see further work on mechanics.
I will be on Lamannia from 3:00 - 5:00 PM Eastern today to help folks out in the Test Dojo.

Also, full release notes:

Lamannia Update 31 Release Notes

Here are the Lamannia Release Notes for Update 31: Gnomework! These notes will change over time.

Of Special Note:

Free Quests!

Update 31 includes three free quests! Two of the quests are available for preview on Lamannia. One of the NPCs can be found near the tavern in Eveningstar, while the other quest can be found near the Saltine District (The Missing quest) in The Harbor.

Fighter Kensei

The Fighter Kensei enhancement line has been updated. See the full details below in the Release Notes.

News and Notes:

DDO Store

Fixed an issue that could cause the DDO Store to crash when being opened.

Enhancements

The Stalwart Defender's Stand Fast benefit also now gains a +4 bonus to all saving throws for 20 seconds.
Stalwart Defender's Last Stand now also provides +2 Constitution, +2 Strength, and +10 Physical and Magical Resistance Rating.
Fixed an issue with the DC of Vanguard's Shield Charge.
The Fighter Kensei has been updated:
Core Abilities:
Strike With No Thought: Gain a +1 competence bonus to critical multiplier.
Power Surge now gains a +8 Psionic bonus to all attributes for 60 seconds. If you possess the ability to generate Ki, you gain on hit +2 Ki.
Alacrity now provides a +2 to all ability scores, and the additional action boosts have been increased to four.

Tier One:
Action Boost now adds +4/6/8 to hit and damage for 20 seconds.
Haste Boost's third tier no longer erroneously lists its duration as 30 seconds, and now states its proper 20 seconds.
Reed in the Wind's cooldown is reduced to 15 seconds, and now does +1/2/3[W].

Tier Two:
Improved Dodge's AP cost has been changed to 1/1/1.
Improved Dodge now has a multiselector.
Improved Defense: +2/4/6 Physical Resistance Rating.
Weapon Meditation has been removed.
Ascetic Training's AP cost has been reduced to 1/1/1.
Conditioning has been changed to +1/2/3 Fortitude saving throws, +5/10/15 hit points, and +5/10/15 Fortification.
Weapon Group Specialization: Gain +1 to hit and +2 damage with one handed weapons and repeating crossbows, and +1 to hit and +3 damage with two-handed weapons and non-repeating crossbows.

Tier Three:
Critical Accuracy has been changed to Critical Mastery: +1/2/3 bonus to critical damage and to confirm critical hits.
Improved Mobility has been removed and replaced with Athletic Mastery: +1/2/3 Maximum Dexterity Bonus and Dodge Cap, -1/2/3 Armor Check Penalty. Works in any armor. Cost: 1/1/1
Shattering Strike's cooldown has been reduced to 10 seconds. Fortification loss no longer has a saving throw, and no longer requires Weapon Mediation.
Weapon Group Specialization: Gain +1 to hit and +2 damage with one handed weapons and repeating crossbows, and +1 to hit and +4 damage with two-handed weapons and non-repeating crossbows.

Tier Four:
Critical Damage has been removed and combined into Tier Three's Critical Mastery.
Weapon Group Specialization: Gain +1 to hit and +2 damage with one handed weapons and repeating crossbows, and +1 to hit and +4 damage with two-handed weapons and non-repeating crossbows.

Tier Five:
A Good Death: Cooldown has been reduced to 15 seconds. Extra damage now activates if the target is below 30% health. Extra damage scales with 4005 Melee or Ranged Power. Requirements have been removed.
One with the Blade: Passive: Gain +20 Melee and Ranged Power. Requirements have been removed.
Deadly Strike: No longer requires an action boost. Cooldown reduced to 20 seconds. Change the vorpal ability to cause an extra 500 damage which scales with 400% Melee Power.
Weapon Master: You gain +3 to hit and damage with all weapons.

Items

Fixed an issue where equipped quivers were not automatically gathering items correctly.
Fixed some end reward lists that could still have +0 items appear in them.
Fixed some item properties that could still appear with a +0 benefit.

Test Dojo (LAMANNIA ONLY)

The Test Dojo recent update box now offers the new Update 31 quest items for preview.

Quests and Adventure Areas

Temple of Elemental Evil
Flying Griffons and Umber Hulks can now be found in this dungeon.

Races

Two new hairstyles are now available for human male characters.
Six new beards are now available for gnomes.
Several new beards are now available for human male characters.
Fixed an issue where the projectile offset was incorrect for gnomes.
Deep Gnome Iconic tattoos now display correctly.

UI

A Default Group Volume preference has been added to the Voice section of the Audio options UI. This volume slider sets the default voice volume level of new group members.
The default group volume slider and party UI slider is now 75% by default.
Character Bios can now be up to 1200 characters.

On Sarlona: Abbracadaver - Stethos - Shaigh Hulud - Stelvar - Saltmint - Soundwaive - Kuddlefish - Fujihowser MD - Blayddlokk - Redraligan

Member of Giants of Winter and Old Night

IP Logged

slothinator
Waterworks Kobold

You're doing it wrong

Re: U31 Hits Lamannia
Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 1:25pm
Print Post  

Finally, something to get excited about. I wonder what they re-skinned to make it though?

On Sarlona: Abbracadaver - Stethos - Shaigh Hulud - Stelvar - Saltmint - Soundwaive - Kuddlefish - Fujihowser MD - Blayddlokk - Redraligan

Member of Giants of Winter and Old Night

IP Logged

Jiudark
Korthos Resident

Dislike Drama.

Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
slothinator wrote on Apr 28th, 2016 at 1:25pm:
Umber Hulks . I wonder what they re-skinned to make it though?

My guess is troll or horc.  Something tall and broad shouldered for sure, cuz we all knows they won't introduce new body models into DDO ever again.  I will give the lazy bastards props on at least doing more than changing the color palette like most other MMOs when reskinning.

Would be nice if they stopped copy pasting the guy from ToEE part 1 though....getting tired of hitting enemy human males and hearing a woman's outcry.  I'm told that's lore specific to him...but why are so many other human males in game now also effeminate sounding?

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Jiudark wrote on Apr 28th, 2016 at 1:47pm:
Would be nice if they stopped copy pasting the guy from ToEE part 1 though....getting tired of hitting enemy human males and hearing a woman's outcry.  I'm told that's lore specific to him...but why are so many other human males in game now also effeminate sounding?

Interesting.  I should start playing with my sound on more.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #4 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Has anyone checked if the chest level cap is fixed on lam?

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Apr 28th, 2016 at 2:34pm:
Has anyone checked if the chest level cap is fixed on lam?

lol, no

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #6 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
slothinator wrote on Apr 28th, 2016 at 1:25pm:

Finally, something to get excited about. I wonder what they re-skinned to make it though?

Hezrou/Slaad is my guess.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #7 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 28th, 2016 at 3:47pm:
Hezrou/Slaad is my guess.

I think so too

@slothinator: thanks for posting the release notes

IP Logged

Illiterate
Titan Demolisher

Yataaaa

Reply #8 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
slothinator wrote on Apr 28th, 2016 at 1:21pm:
Character Bios can now be up to 1200 characters.

Anyone know the current limit?

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Illiterate wrote on Apr 28th, 2016 at 4:48pm:

Not 1200.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #10 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Illiterate wrote on Apr 28th, 2016 at 4:48pm:

2400. Removing 1200 characters from everyone's bio will reduce lag  Shocked

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
So lamma has been up for a day... that's all it took to quiet the ravening horde of attention whores.  Wink

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but
I'm not a fuckin' bastard

Reply #12 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
I've quit playing for a month and a half and I'm keeping watch from afar. I've been seeing reports population and new accounts/logins are at an all time low. Minimal to no efforts are being made to even acknowledge the now going on 2 month long lag issue but the DDO Facebook page has a laughable entry Cordo-stain & the devs are fighting HARD!

My question is what is it really like on the servers and now in Lamma? I'm guessing it's what my friends and guildies have been saying since apparently toon copy is broken as well. I think given what I've seen and experienced in the last year I will not be playing for 2 months and likely beyond.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
This lamma build is absolute shit, so incomplete it's not worth the effort. And of course the character copy is mysteriously broken again. Always happens when they have shit wrong and don't want to see it posted about. They should have waited.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:33am
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on Apr 28th, 2016 at 10:44pm:
Minimal to no efforts are being made to even acknowledge the now going on 2 month long lag issue

What?  They pretty much got lag back to pre-move status around 4/14.  So ~4 weeks of lag after the move.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:43am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:33am:
What?  They pretty much got lag back to pre-move status around 4/14.  So ~4 weeks of lag after the move.

Nu-uh. Lag is still appreciably worse for a lot of people, in a lot of situations.

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but
I'm not a fuckin' bastard

Reply #16 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:51am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:33am:

I've been hearing varying reports that in more cases the lag has been reduced but others contradict this. Now it's that the same broken mechanics such as click attacks, abilities and spells are still getting lost in lag pockets. Me and many others were having terrible issues with doing basic things and being put on cooldown with no effects even before the data center move. Still not convinced enough to download the game again to even take a peek.

I was wondering if in all these reports, how the dev team has been adjusting their codes, how much basic shit did they dial back? People have been saying the mob AI has monsters running off the edge like Wile E Coyote. Mob spawns are like predicting weather in Colorado. I mean, goddammit is it like borrowing from Peter to give to Paul when it comes to coding now? Just fucking get rid of these guys already.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 3:19am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Apr 28th, 2016 at 10:55pm:
This lamma build is absolute shit, so incomplete it's not worth the effort. And of course the character copy is mysteriously broken again. Always happens when they have shit wrong and don't want to see it posted about. They should have waited.

Fighter looks really good on lama right now. Lot of melee power, doublestrike, prr/mrr, and enough click attacks to fill an entire hotbar between feats, kensei and vanguard abilities.

I'm messing around with tier 5 kensei, kensei capstone, lv 18 core vanguard, kta, and stalwart stance.

First life, no tomes, 32pt build, human.

Getting stunning shield dc up to 112. (took all the "tactics" titled boosting feats) (and low 52 str, 34 int)

doublestrike at 42. All of the kensei attacks can doublestrike, and so do stunning shield and dire charge.  Cheesy

prr 181

melee power 173

Seems good.

« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2016 at 3:22am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

TheFifthSock
Dragon Raider

Reply #18 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 4:09am
Print Post  
I've been seeing reports population and new accounts/logins are at an all time low.

I don't doubt that this is true, but are these reports available for public view anywhere? The DDOracle hasn't been updated since autumn 2014 (except for the special Vault report in May 2015 that's now gone), so it's a bit hard finding information that can at least be somewhat trustworthy.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #19 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 5:01am
Print Post  
TheFifthSock wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 4:09am:
The DDOracle hasn't been updated since autumn 2014 (except for the special Vault report in May 2015 that's now gone), so it's a bit hard finding information that can at least be somewhat trustworthy.

He hasn't even visited the Vault for almost a year now. Maybe he just quit following anything about DDO.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #20 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 6:41am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 3:19am:
enough click attacks to fill an entire hotbar

Fuck, I HATE Active shit that needs to be clicked on every few seconds... DDO does not need that kind of shit. DDO does not need to become a mainstream MMO where it's a toggle fest, wait for cooldown, rinse, repeat.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 7:03am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 6:41am:
Fuck, I HATE Active shit that needs to be clicked on every few seconds... DDO does not need that kind of shit. DDO does not need to become a mainstream MMO where it's a toggle fest, wait for cooldown, rinse, repeat.

Without click attacks, all you have is turning auto-attack on. You might as well go play EverQuest or WoW.

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 7:26am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 6:41am:

That build does have a lot. But it's mostly due to stunning blow, dire charge, stunning shield. Then both cleaves and finally the kensei attacks(shattering strike, good death, and deadly strike). The kensei attacks are decent now that they scale w melee power. Good Death had a crit of 7k+ (3k crit+ 4k good death proc, while fully blitzing and boosting).

dire charge and stunning shield have cleave ranges making aiming uneccessary, unlike the kensei attacks and stunning blow. You dont need to use shattering strike on rotation if not on a boss. Can do without good death until the mob is low on hp. Wont need cleaves when single targeting. Not as bad as you're thinking it is, Flav.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #23 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 8:36am
Print Post  
slothinator wrote on Apr 28th, 2016 at 1:21pm:
Two new hairstyles are now available for human male characters.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #24 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 10:00am
Print Post  
I've quit playing for a month and a half and I'm keeping watch from afar. I've been seeing reports population and new accounts/logins are at an all time low. Minimal to no efforts are being made to even acknowledge the now going on 2 month long lag issue but the DDO Facebook page has a laughable entry Cordo-stain & the devs are fighting HARD!

My question is what is it really like on the servers and now in Lamma? I'm guessing it's what my friends and guildies have been saying since apparently toon copy is broken as well. I think given what I've seen and experienced in the last year I will not be playing for 2 months and likely beyond.

Doomboi returns to to make more unsubstantiated "the end is coming" posts.

"I hear awful things about a game I rage quit 2 months ago".  Really, you don't say? 

Total Dumbass.  And stage 5 clinger alert.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Send TopicPrint