Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) U31 Hits Lamannia (Read 49548 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: U31 Hits Lamannia
Reply #50 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 3:42pm:
If you ignore problems for a long time, cover it up with patches, say it's not a problem and make others feel bad for pointing them out, you're just preparing for an inevitable bigger and possibly insurmountable set of much larger issues. You can have an impact on the game, if you're willing to drink the Cordo-cock Kool-aid, try to be one of THOSE members of the PC, and not rock the boat while being a part of the naysayer relief team. Rarely have I seen anything beneficial come out of logical requests. But if you want to make something benefit certain members of the PC and the fanbois, it's pretty much a given. In the last year they've been getting concessions. No one can deny this.

I'm not an addict because once again this is personal but yes, I take great pride in the community I've become a part of. There are people sending me messages in the hopes I'll come back and that DDO will actually be playable again. I understand that DDO 2016 is nowhere near what it was when level cap was 20. But I wouldn't change the direction they've taken the game. It was going in an expansive direction and any game made must be progressive even when they fucked up in 2012 with the rollout of MOTU and the CITW debacle that drove away 75% of the existing playerbase. But DDO was strong enough to weather even through that.

Many people have said they wanted to have a nostalgia setting for DDO but this is as likely as DDO 2. Many aspects of DDO in the past 3 years has been sampled if not blatantly ripped off from other games. But what the real players care about is that this game is the closest to a real Dungeons and Dragons MMO. There is no other game that has come close to the complexity of the potential builds and once upon a time it celebrated this diversity. It didn't matter how many curve balls were thrown over the last 2 years, we rolled with them. We adapted and some of us were foolish enough to think we has a voice, that we were a part of a community. In the last year we have seen quite the contrary and it's been shown to us with a wall of silence and indifference.

I don't think I would go to a rollback of DDO 2012 if I could. DDO 2016 could be great. I wish we had a dev team that actually had the capacity of the creativity shown in quests like Haunted Halls, or ADQ 1. I can get over the bullshit balancing pass. I can only hope there would be improvements and an overhaul of LGS like they did during my 2 year hiatus with heroic greensteel. I can even overlook the horribly insulting and passive aggressive 10 year anniversary event but GODDAMMIT, give me a game that at least works.

I am a DDO fanboi/doomboi. I've been playing pen and paper since the mid 80's playing AD&D. But when I say fanboi, I'm not talking about someone that spends 8 hours polishing a chair with their ass immersed in DDO, because, yes that has been me. I'm talking about these fledgling suck ups hanging off the balls of self imposed figureheads that are directly responsible for the sabotaging and misconduct that had degraded a groundbreaking MMO that has united people from all over the world and want to be a part of the circle that are attempting to hijack something from people marring the face of DDO just to make it something they can call their own.

This is my perceived reality. What good are the facts when the moment you have a contentious view the Cordovan strawman army comes in and twists perceptions? What we are seeing this upcoming month is the DDO swan song. Anyone who cannot or refuse to see the game is not only going down but is being deliberately sabotaged is in a serious state of denial or is being bribed and has ulterior motives. There is no way a great game with so many amazing people & accomplishments like DDO could go out this way without people in a position of power deliberately making things happen to this effect while still trying to cash in. The reality is if something fundamental does not change, I highly doubt we will see a version of DDO extending beyond 2016.

I don't agree with all your positions on things, but I respect the fact that you took the time to express them more intelligently and comprehensively than I have seen before.  I get where you are coming from.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 8:35pm:
Did you post this on the MoBo? 

out of socks atm ;p

Rangers can get 35%(10% passive).  A fighter gets 15% (all of it from shattering strike).  Not including the use of imp. sunde

There is a new addition to the kensei tree giving either destruction or improved destruction to your weapons at tier 4 or 3. Not logged on lama atm cant be sure.

I suggested that they change the +1 to hit/+1 damage in the focus weapon line to add maybe 2-4 MP per level.  The response I got was that MP scales too much and they bumped it to +1 to hit/+2 damage per tier and added the 5th tier with +3+3.  I'm wondering if that tree is another possible place to get that boost.  hard to say if doing it with AP or feats makes more sense.  Although, the ability to take more feats to get the MP might be a good thing or a bad thing.  Can't say for sure which.

Not sure where to put the increases either. Taking infi melee power feats is doable because the drawbacks arent that severe. Lose out on some utility in tactics dc and lowered prr/mrr. The sacrifice is even easier on trip heroic/epic comp toons running around. If placing the melee power in the tree then splashes get access to it much more easily. The pure fighters have abundant feats to slot and it isn't much of a problem for the builds to pick that up. Possibly could buff the lv18 core by giving out more melee power and making One Cut passive and putting in the core to allow some smaller splashes, mainly letting more iconic races join in on the new changes with 18 fighter levels and not feeling like theyre badly gimped in comparison.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #52 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 9:41pm:
out of socks atm ;p

There is a new addition to the kensei tree giving either destruction or improved destruction to your weapons at tier 4 or 3. Not logged on lama atm cant be sure.

Not sure where to put the increases either. Taking infi melee power feats is doable because the drawbacks arent that severe. Lose out on some utility in tactics dc and lowered prr/mrr. The sacrifice is even easier on trip heroic/epic comp toons running around. If placing the melee power in the tree then splashes get access to it much more easily. The pure fighters have abundant feats to slot and it isn't much of a problem for the builds to pick that up. Possibly could buff the lv18 core by giving out more melee power and making One Cut passive and putting in the core to allow some smaller splashes, mainly letting more iconic races join in on the new changes with 18 fighter levels and not feeling like theyre badly gimped in comparison.

Hope you don't mind if I post the results then.  I'd like to see the response on this. 

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 9:58pm:
Hope you don't mind if I post the results then.  I'd like to see the response on this. 

feel free.

I will clean them up for you.

all full 10 stacks of blitz before start. 16 seeker from gear, 14 deadly from new ring. Epic Litany.

Weapons :

Main hand: Thunderforged Kopesh t1: 1st degree burns. t2: dragon's edge. t3: burning emptiness.

Off hand : Epic Bleeding Edge.

No augments anywhere.

Full retard pdk fighter using kensei capstone and tier 5, rest in stalwart for +6 str and +3 weapon enchantment. KtA and 6 melee power from harper. Human action boost.

tl:dr : Ranger just crushes the kensei time despite having much less str, int, doublestrike, and slightly less melee power.  Grin

Going to roll up a barb and a pally just to have a time for those builds using same exact set up as above. Already rolled the barb and on lama few minutes ago, but it's locking up with freezing lag in dojo right now....

Edit : just did test w barb.

pure human barb. ap for frenzied berserker capstone, ravager tier 5, human action boost damage. 119 melee power, 29% doublestrike. 60 str raged. twf same gear set up as the above two.

92 seconds barbarian.

Just slightly ahead of the kenesi, but still below the tempest.

« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2016 at 11:37pm by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 12:24am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 9:41pm:

Was that their super secret tier 5 ability they said was coming but for whatever reason were afraid to just say what it was in a preview where things can change anyway?

I don't lama so I can't see it.  I can't be bothered since I know no matter what feedback they get things rarely change, and they aren't going to pay any attention to anyone who actually shows them math or real numbers anyway.  Because math is hard.
« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2016 at 12:25am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 2:40am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 12:24am:
Was that their super secret tier 5 ability they said was coming but for whatever reason were afraid to just say what it was in a preview where things can change anyway?

Not up on lama yet.

Concluded the tests with pally just now. Tempest op, mang. I will get to tree, wolf, swash, and assassin tomorrow. Covers every melee then unless missing something.

Quote:
No tomes, potions, scrolls, spells.
No LGS. 28-32 point builds. No past lives.
No twists
Human/pdk, twf. 
All wearing gages, dragon masques, and epic litany.
All had 16 seeker from gear, 14 deadly from new ring.

all tests start with full blitz stacks. all str based builds with KtA(barb without kta).

weapons : TF kopesh 1st degrees, dragon edge, burning emptiness mainhand.

Epic Bleeding Edge offhand.

Fighter time : 93 seconds.

Kensei capstone and tier 5. The rest of the AP into Stalwart for +6 str and +3 weapon enchantment. KtA and 6 melee power from Harper. Human action boost. 13 weapon focus and specialization feats.

66 str. 38 int. (boosted with surge running)

43% doublestrike

110 melee power

Ranger Tempest time : 83 seconds

46 str. 24 int.

98 melee power.

Barbarian time : 92 seconds

Frenzied Berserker capstone, Ravager tier 5, and human action boost damage.

119 melee power.

29% doublestrike.

60 str raged.

Paladin time 95 seconds

KtA and 9 melee power from Harper. Divine Might and KotC capstone. Melee boost from Vanguard. no tier 5s.

60 str with DM running.

28 int. 

101 melee power.

34 doublestrike.
« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2016 at 2:44am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #56 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 2:40am:
Not up on lama yet.

Concluded the tests with pally just now. Tempest op, mang. I will get to tree, wolf, swash, and assassin tomorrow. Covers every melee then unless missing something.

Monk?  Lolz!

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #57 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 12:24am:

I don't lama so I can't see it.  I can't be bothered since I know no matter what feedback they get things rarely change, and they aren't going to pay any attention to anyone who actually shows them math or real numbers anyway.  Because math is hard.

No.  There is another.  (can't resist a good Star Wars reference).

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Winter wolf time : 84 seconds.

9druid/6r/5ftr

tier 5 tempest.

52 str.

41% doublestrike.

94 melee power.

Seems on par w tempest, because it uses the tempest tree :p . There might be a better dps option by dropping fighter levels for monk to get 100% off hand attacks. It loses some feats, but not too many because monk gives some feats as well. An easy drop would be weapon focus feats to keep natural fighting/swf/twf x3.
« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2016 at 3:28pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Vtec
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 3:23pm:
Winter wolf time : 84 seconds.

9druid/6r/5ftr

tier 5 tempest.

52 str.

41% doublestrike.

94 melee power.

Seems on par w tempest, because it uses the tempest tree :p . There might be a better dps option by dropping fighter levels for monk to get 100% off hand attacks. It loses some feats, but not too many because monk gives some feats as well. An easy drop would be weapon focus feats to keep natural fighting/swf/twf x3.

aaaaaand tempest nerfs INCOMING  Undecided Undecided Undecided

Just like back in the day...

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Vtec wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 3:45pm:
aaaaaand tempest nerfs INCOMING  Undecided Undecided Undecided

Just like back in the day...

Re-did wolf time. 77 seconds. And KtA damage still doesnt work in wolf form.

« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2016 at 3:54pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Vtec
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 3:47pm:
Re-did wolf time. 77 seconds. And KtA damage still doesnt work in wolf form.

damn. That's significantly faster...

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Vtec wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 3:52pm:
damn. That's significantly faster...

re-did the redo. cleaned up some ap. 72 seconds wolf.

IP Logged

Vtec
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 3:55pm:
re-did the redo. cleaned up some ap. 72 seconds wolf.

So... at this point we are comfortable saying that fighters are still shit compared to Tempest and Wolf melee.

Hopefully someone other than you is providing useful feedback about that. Somewhere that someone from Turdbin may see this. Although I have a sinking suspicion we are headed to nerf land once again not buff land.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 3:47pm:
And KtA damage still doesnt work in wolf form.

How can it not?  It's a straight up insight bonus to damage, it has nothing to do with weapon or form.  Does it simply not go off in wolf form?  None of my wolves ever used it, so I have no personal experience to go by here.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Vtec wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 4:10pm:
So... at this point we are comfortable saying that fighters are still shit compared to Tempest and Wolf melee.

It's not shit DPS compared to barbs and paladins, but then they get all that nice self-healing I was saying that fighters needed in order to allow them to compete.  And both barbs and paladins have a better skill list as well, for whatever that is worth.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 4:26pm:
How can it not?  It's a straight up insight bonus to damage, it has nothing to do with weapon or form.  Does it simply not go off in wolf form?  None of my wolves ever used it, so I have no personal experience to go by here.

idk. guessing unarmed. turbine+unarmed.

Vtec wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 4:10pm:

It isn't shit. Just not as good as those 2 beasts on a single stationary red named kobold. I will redo the other times for kensei, barb, pally, tempest again.

Just did a swash.

Swashbuckler Time : 93 seconds.

12ftr/6bard/2rogue.

shield mastery lines, pswf, 10 "melee power feats"

KtA. Venomed Blades, 2d6 sneak attack. Exploit Weakness. Power Surge, tier 4 weapon spec.  Human boost. Plus 2 to dmg from vanguard.

105 melee power.

42% doublestrike. (legendary shield mastery, hail of blows twist)

52 str, 38 int (Surge and primal scream+tunnel vision twist)

I think The better dps version would be to drop the buckler, losing 20% shield bash, 2 dmg vanguard. Empty handed gains 3 doublestrike, frees up shield twist, 2 ap, and replaces 3 feats for 3 more melee power feats for +6 total. Should be a faster time.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #67 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 4:26pm:
How can it not?

Rubbinns wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 6:22pm:
turbine+unarmed.

QFT.

From my tests (loooong time ago, yet still valid because Turbine), the moment it dropped, KtA did not work in animal form, or unarmed. Never did, and still doesn't.
http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1412115880/new

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
Redid some of the tests.

Ranger beat the previous time and clocked in at 79 seconds.

Barbarian beat its old time as well and finished at 87 seconds.

Fighter failed to beat its previous time with 2 attempts timing in at 100 seconds, and 97 seconds for the other.

I cheated with Pally and used KtA+DM along with triple boosting(also hax!) to come in at 78 seconds and 80 seconds for the last attempt.

Not going to bother with the wolf or swash again unless someone needs any questions answered, ap spent, feat, etc.

Fighter as it is now is behind swash, barb, pally, tempest, and wolf.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #69 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 11:36pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #70 - May 1st, 2016 at 6:16am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 9:58pm:
QFT.

From my tests (loooong time ago, yet still valid because Turbine), the moment it dropped, KtA did not work in animal form, or unarmed. Never did, and still doesn't.
http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1412115880/new

Pretty sure last I checked it did work on a 12Mnk hybrid with shortswords, so that'd be another clue towards the handling of +x to unarmed being at fault.

Personally I imagine from past info/supposition that they have to code every special, new or edited damage bonus/type to apply to unarmed too, and some time ago they either sacked or made so busy the one person who knew how. Hence nothing applying in ages and them instead diddling for over 116 years as they try to retrofit them as "proper" weapons.

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Reply #71 - May 1st, 2016 at 9:56am
Print Post  
I was monkeying around on Lam.. can't find a way to beat my Drow all-Con sword/board pure Lock tank build for pure, raw, survivability

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - May 1st, 2016 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Quote:

yep. will roll it today. anyone else or any other builds? was thinking 20 assassin, 20 or 18/x mech?

Bigerkykid has a thread up on mobos with some times for kensei and swash at 222 seconds. He isnt boosting tho, or cycling through attacks that dont interrupt attack animations(like shattering strike and good death for kensei).

Deadly Strike is fucking kaka. Interrupts sequence, needs a vorpal to be anything else than just an auto-crit. Not worth the ap even if was free.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - May 1st, 2016 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
@tilo- 70 seconds.

changed some ap around from your thread. http://imgur.com/0o5cTLv

Also I dont have access to sneak of shadows, a sneak item, or enough stats on a tome-less 28pt build to make Scion of Ethereal good. I took melee power feats and Arborea. Rest I followed out. Another thing is SM+LSM arent doing anything for your doublestrike with an orb.

TF Scimitar with same tiers as all the other test weapons, and the same gear.
doublestrike 26%.
Str 50 (primal+ram's might running).
melee power 98.

twists :
Primal
Tunnel Vision
Hail of Blows
Symmetric Strikes

Cycling through Assassin Trick increased the time to low 80s.

« Last Edit: May 1st, 2016 at 12:34pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #74 - May 1st, 2016 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Muahahaha, TY you just proved that rangers are irrelevant! It's all about rogues...

Mm, I thought LSM still worked with orbs, even though SM doesn't.

A tempest fighter might match a tempest while having supreme tactical abilities and being tankier:

5 Ranger > 1 Cleric > 14 Fighter Human

Enhancements
35 Tempest DoD, Offhand full Stat
21 Kensai Power Surge/Tactics
3 War Priest Divine Might
7 Harper KTA
13 StD 20% HP, PRR/MRR
1 Human AB: Dmg

Dire Charge > DoD + Stunning Blow > DoD + Imp. Trip, all fueled by KTA+DM+Fighter Tactics+Power Surge

ED: LD w/ Balanced attacks/Consecrate/sacred ground/cocoon/primal scream

1 PA WF:Slash
2 TWF (Ranger Free)
3 Stunning Blow
6 Imp Trip
7 Fighter TWF#2
8 Fighter Imp. Trip
9 IC:S
10 Fighter Weap Special: Slash
12 Khopesh  Fighter TWF#3
14 GWF:Slash
15 Mental Toughness
18 Heavy Armor Champion
21 OC
24 Tactics
26 PTWF
27 GWS:Slash
28 Tactics
29 Dire Charge
30 Scion of Arborea, Tactics

The question is how many StD enhancements and tactical or armor feats can you squeeze in and still get close to 20 Tempest. Keep DoD + stunning blow for trash combos.

« Last Edit: May 1st, 2016 at 1:55pm by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Send TopicPrint