Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) I would resubscribe if... (Read 21897 times)
5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: I would resubscribe if...
Reply #75 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 10:03am:
s/s/s would be just fine if they didn't limit the 3:1 swap to only Sands, and to only scrolls.  If it worked for all s/s/s in the game then you could finish your eSoS or whatever you're working on just by picking up lucky shards from wherever.  I know I have a pile of s/s/s for items I never intend to ever use use, much less upgrade.  Opening up the swaps would give them some value and also take note of the fact that upgrading an item to level 20 isn't such a big deal anymore.

Since they already have the tech in place for the 3:1 sands scroll swap it shouldn't take a huge amount of dev hours to make it all scrolls, seals, and shards also.

But Turbine has a fairly entrenched policy of never looking back at old content and making it relevant again, no matter what the means.  So this is just a thought experiment.

If that were to go live, I walk to the trader that day and instantly have the s/s/s for multiple copies of every single epic item.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #76 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
LordHumungus wrote on Jun 2nd, 2016 at 12:11am:
[...] I have yet to fill the void and it is eating at me. I've tried a few games and had some fun, but nothing that grabbed me by the balls.

I quit the game six years ago (!!) and have yet to find a suitable replacement for DDO. Even DDO can't fill that void - I tried coming back a couple of times, and each time I quickly realized that things had gotten much worse than when I left. It's sad, the game was once a real gem.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #77 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jun 2nd, 2016 at 2:24pm:
I quit the game six years ago (!!) and have yet to find a suitable replacement for DDO. Even DDO can't fill that void - I tried coming back a couple of times, and each time I quickly realized that things had gotten much worse than when I left. It's sad, the game was once a real gem.

I had a painful WoW addiction many years back. Not in that I spent way too much time playing it, but in so far as I hated every second of it but couldn't stop. When I finally broke the spell it left me with a void that DDO has finally filled. There's something about MMOs that single-player games just can't offer.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

LordHumungus
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jun 2nd, 2016 at 10:55am:
If that were to go live, I walk to the trader that day and instantly have the s/s/s for multiple copies of every single epic item.

You say that like it would be some horrible,  game breaking event.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #79 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
LordHumungus wrote on Jun 2nd, 2016 at 6:01pm:

I would love it.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #80 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
LordHumungus wrote on Jun 2nd, 2016 at 6:01pm:

It would breath quite a bit of new life into the old content since you'd have people farming now, not just for "that one thing" but just "3 of any one thing". Even if a lot of people got the stuff right away, what would be the harm?

The single biggest problem would be the backlash from all the assholes who got there eSoS the old-fashioned way and are enormously butt-hurt that someone else didn't have to leave theres up to the fickle whims of fate.

I have seen 3 eSoS shards drop in the last 2 months. None have dropped for me and none have gone up for roll.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #81 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 2nd, 2016 at 7:07pm:
It would breath quite a bit of new life into the old content since you'd have people farming now, not just for "that one thing" but just "3 of any one thing". Even if a lot of people got the stuff right away, what would be the harm?

Fuck that.  They're trying to run the game down to reduce pops to reduce lag.  The virtualised Atari2600's can probably handle 5 people per server at best, so that is their target.

Getting more people back in the game is just crazy talk?
Who'd be stupid enough to want to do that?

And don't forget, more people means more work ffs.  This is about work minimisation, otherwise it cuts into PacMan larp time.

Worst case - they might have to put phone support back on (or double the number of GM's to one) to handle all those annoying, whinging customer types.

Batshit crazy you are son.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #82 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jun 2nd, 2016 at 10:55am:

And?
Is this somehow a bad thing?
How many of those level 20 epic items are even worth equipping these days?  Everyone wants an eSoS, or a eTorc (but only after you have a second Torc), but who wants an Epic Shining Crest of St. Markus, or an Epic Kundarak Warding Shield?  Or any number of other items that new random loot have made marginal or that were just never very great to begin with?
I vendor most of the non-epic crap any time I pick them up, because it's all BoA junk.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #83 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 2nd, 2016 at 9:08pm:
Is this somehow a bad thing?

your level 20 character would have some items that are useful. We can't have that now. you know, people enjoying themselves and all. out of the question. Instead you will run that content for 6 years and not pull the pieces and be happy with it.
« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2016 at 11:29pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.ďż˝ Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.ďż˝ They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #84 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 12:59am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 2nd, 2016 at 11:29pm:
your level 20 character would have some items that are useful. We can't have that now. you know, people enjoying themselves and all. out of the question. Instead you will run that content for 6 years and not pull the pieces and be happy with it.

Nah, I'll just buy useful items for 5 or 10 commendations of this or that faction that are equal to or better than items that took months to farm and the lucky s/s/s to improve to a level 20 'epic' version.

Never managed to pull the s/s/s to upgrade your Gloves of the Claw?  No big deal, 5 PDK Comms gets you the PDK Gauntlets.  And 5 PDK Comms is maybe 2 quests and one run through an explorer looking for rare spawns, a couple hours time, tops.

Anyone on their first run through epic levels now has ready access to gear equivalent or better than what used to take months or years for people to get access to.  So there's no reason that I can tell for keeping the system as it is.  It used to be an end game system, and when it was an end game system making it take a long time made some sense.  That's no longer the case.  Other than the fact that by releasing all these easy to get commendation items they also made it fairly pointless for them to do any actual development work making it easier for people to access the s/s/s epic items.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #85 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 1:10am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 3rd, 2016 at 12:59am:
Nah, I'll just buy useful items for 5 or 10 commendations of this or that faction that are equal to or better than items that took months to farm and the lucky s/s/s to improve to a level 20 'epic' version.

Never managed to pull the s/s/s to upgrade your Gloves of the Claw?  No big deal, 5 PDK Comms gets you the PDK Gauntlets.  And 5 PDK Comms is maybe 2 quests and one run through an explorer looking for rare spawns, a couple hours time, tops.

Anyone on their first run through epic levels now has ready access to gear equivalent or better than what used to take months or years for people to get access to.  So there's no reason that I can tell for keeping the system as it is.  It used to be an end game system, and when it was an end game system making it take a long time made some sense.  That's no longer the case.  Other than the fact that by releasing all these easy to get commendation items they also made it fairly pointless for them to do any actual development work making it easier for people to access the s/s/s epic items.

Since you're on the fucking topic, I'll throw two cents in: all epic items should have been distributed according to a 3 tier system: 1) in quest chests, 2) end quest rewards, and 3) guaranteed list population after 20 runs of any given quest; that's it.  Nothing else would make a lick of fucking sense.  They did that shit with Caught in the Web, kind of, why didn't they expand that to all quest and make the entire player population happy AND solve outstanding inventory issues (multiple bags worth of seals, shards, scrolls taking up precious bank space) in one fucking shot?!

It's too late now; the game's dead and nobody gives a fuck.  So many missed opportunities...

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #86 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 1:36am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 3rd, 2016 at 12:59am:

Way better items from comms and random gen now. But, there are a few nice items in the old epics. ESoS, EAGA, Claw set, Abishai set, some dope clickies like mass deathward, 2minute haste, spell absorb charges on mirror cloak. All useful shit, but not build making.

It was incredible at level 20 cap. And the loot was really fucking well made. Flavor clickes like meteor swarm on hellfire crossbow and it gives precise shot feat. Or brimstone verge having combustion and maximize wand meta. Or augment summoning on roderick's wand. Mobility on bracers of deftness, the torc, chaos blades, on and on. It's like people who loved playing the game and understood reasons why some players would make certain builds were making the loot back then.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.ďż˝ Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.ďż˝ They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

KilgoreTrout
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #87 - Jun 4th, 2016 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
I haven't played on close to a year and a half. Just got too painful watching the game slowly slide into decay - the lfm tab gradually getting smaller and smaller, each release getting buggier, each pack getting lazier as the resources have started drying up over at Turbine and the decent staff leaving so that only the shitty job security types who can't actually find other jobs remain.

It would take DDO2 developed by an entirely different team to get me back.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #88 - Jun 4th, 2016 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
KilgoreTrout wrote on Jun 4th, 2016 at 6:53pm:
DDO2 developed by an entirely different team

Ahem, and MANAGED by a different team as well.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #89 - Jun 6th, 2016 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
And?

I said I would love it (though it would be hard to TR any more). I'm sure someone would be butthurt though.

Epic Kundarak Warding Shield

That is an excellent vanguard shield for low to mid epics. Note the crit multi and base damage.

Also great for casters since you can augment the ASF down to 0 with the blue slot and still put a spellpower augment into the violet slot.
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2016 at 4:36pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #90 - Jun 6th, 2016 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
The dumb fucking forum mobo nazi has pretty much guaranteed that I won't ever spend another dime on this game.
If he is trying to drive paying customers away, he's doing a great fucking job.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #91 - Jun 6th, 2016 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jun 2nd, 2016 at 2:24pm:
I quit the game sixtwo years ago (!!) and have yet to find a suitable replacement for DDO. Even DDO can't fill that void - I tried coming back a couple of times, and each time I quickly realized that things had gotten much worse than when I left

That could virtually be a fill in the blank form for half of us now.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #92 - Jun 7th, 2016 at 1:56am
Print Post  
Another easy way to revitalize old content is to simply un-obsolete the old epic gear.

Like, how about making the base item plus the scroll create an Epic Normal version and the Seal/Shard adds upgrades.

Stuff that royally sucks right now could just get an upgrade to be like a nice level 22 item and the seal/shard could turn it into an incredibly nice ML22 item.
Epic Azure Necklace of Prophecy
Original Heroic Item
+ Scroll: Magnetism: +120, Lightning Resistance +30, Colorless Augment
+ Seal: Add Insightful Magnetism +60, Upgrade Augment slot to Yellow
+ Shard: Add Electric Lore +16, Upgrade Augment slot to Green

Stuff that’s highly sought after could stay the same, but at least make the wal mart version would be something to get excited over.
Epic Sword of Shadows
Original Heroic Item (Retains threat range/multiplier from heroic version)
+ Scroll: +6 Enhancement Bonus, 2W base damage
+ Seal: +8 Enhancement Bonus, Colorless Augment
+ Shard: +10 Enhancement Bonus, 2.5W base damage, Red Augment Slot

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #93 - Jun 7th, 2016 at 2:13am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Jun 7th, 2016 at 1:56am:
Another easy way to revitalize old content is to simply un-obsolete ALL GEAR.

FITFYF

Also, an epic version that you can actually keep of this:

Suggested Upgrades:

Min Lvl 20

6 [1d8]+8 magic, epic, fey

crit roll: 17-20

race restricted: elf, sun elf, half elf, or drow only.

+15 DEX

+15 WIS

Doubleshot +50%

Keen V

Ranged Alacrity +50%

Precise Shot AND Improved Precise Shot

Sneak Attack Bonus +15

Deception AND Improved Deception

Striding +50%

Destruction AND Improved Destruction

Disntegration

Energy Drain

Tendon Slice 15%

Crippling

Manslayer

Maimer

Greater Monstrous Humanoid Bane

Heal amp 50%

Green Slot

Red Slot

Spell Built In: Freedom of Movement (5 charges per rest/day)

« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2016 at 3:45am by [] »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #94 - Jun 7th, 2016 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Another easy way to revitalize old content is to simply un-obsolete the old epic gear.

The problem word in that sentence is "simply".

First, the current loot designer is fucking clueless. When they get it "right" (meaning players actually want it), the item makes all others obsolete. When they get it wrong, nobody except maybe Fran wants it.

Second, if Turbine had a map, the section where old epics are would be marked, "Here There Be Olde Code", with pictures of spaghetti and in smaller print, "You have been eaten by a Grue".

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #95 - Jun 7th, 2016 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 7th, 2016 at 4:58pm:
The problem word in that sentence is "simply".

Granted, that what we would call “Simple”, Turbine would call “Legendary Elite Difficulty”.  But, the point still stands that making a better carrot for those quests would be worth it.  (I think the general guideline should be “Players will want to wear the full version from level 20-24.”)  Turbine’s problem is that the last 3 times they broke the random loot generator, they never went back and looked at the old stuff and brought it in line with what they are now doing.

Revaulting wrote on Jun 7th, 2016 at 4:58pm:
Second, if Turbine had a map, the section where old epics are would be marked, "Here There Be Olde Code", with pictures of spaghetti and in smaller print, "You have been eaten by a Grue".

This needs to be bannered.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #96 - Jun 7th, 2016 at 8:35pm
Print Post  

You forget that the Turbine business model is "Ever forward into new bugs, no time to look back at the old bugs."

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #97 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 11:24am
Print Post  
i agree

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint