Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) I would resubscribe if... (Read 21887 times)
Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Re: I would resubscribe if...
Reply #25 - May 23rd, 2016 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on May 22nd, 2016 at 10:49pm:
Kype wrote on May 22nd, 2016 at 10:45pm:
Tell why you would resubscribe.

No thanks, Jerry.

Yup.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - May 23rd, 2016 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 11:24am:
What surprises me is how much angst and butthurt there is over the forums and cordovan.  People act like the forums are a relevant part of the games.  Between the wiki and the vault, you need forum access for what?  anything? 

I can't believe how many people actually give a shit how Cordovan moderates or how the fanbois or doombois post.  But people get so freaking worked up over it.  To the point where it affects their enjoyment in game.  And is a factor in subscription.  Valium is your friend, folks. 

I'm surprised you're surprised by this.
Forums are supposed to serve a purpose and facilitate two way communication between the devs and the playerbase.

In the absence of a functioning bug reporting tool combined with appalling customer service, it also serves as the only way players can provide direct feedback.
Corrupt that Comms channel and it causes frustration.

The fact that people care enough to complain is actually a good sign.  When most of your customers quietly slip away never to return, that is when you have serious problems.
1. Their not vested enough to care about your product
2. You will never know why they left and what you can do about it in future to prevent losing more customers.

Negative feedback is only an issue for immature organisations and toxic cultures.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - May 23rd, 2016 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
Overmind wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 6:29pm:
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/56656734.jpg

Seriously if it were anything but a video game they would have been shit canned so fast their head would spin, they are the cancer in Turbine.

Turbine mgmt is the cancer in WB.

The devs are junior button pushers with no ability to change anything. 
Their work is shit because the mgmt gives them no direction, no budget and likely stupid unrealistic timelines.
The fuckwit Fernand0 is in there driving this mentality forward.
"Publish anything, the stupid fuckers will pay for it, you'll see."

Munkenmo wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 5:43pm:
It's justified when cordovan can and has ban game accounts for forum activities.

Affirmative!
When they trace your in game accounts because you dare to criticise them or their game, then you have an absence of "thick skin".
I can understand personal attacks, threats and general abusiveness copping some warnings and then bans, but it is pretty obvious they cannot stand any form of criticism.
The Vault exists because their own Comms channels are over moderated, and thus they have lost control of that communication and it pisses them off.
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2016 at 7:21pm by PersonaNonGrata »  

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #28 - May 23rd, 2016 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 10:25am:
Smiley Smiley Smiley

eighnuss, your whole post was remarkably well written and drills to the roots of the problems we see in DDO.

Well said.

So....  Good shit, eighnuss?

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #29 - May 24th, 2016 at 8:54am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 5:38pm:
-Make a difficulty mode that literally can't be beaten when it comes out. Just make it that hard and call it a day. It will strictly be for loot and ingredient purposes, they don't even need to give XP. If they do this mode right, it will basically be like trying to Dragon raid on Elite back when cap was 10. If it requires them just turning off a ton of powerful abilities and effects, that's fine.

I don't believe this will help at all.  I remember the butt hurt *here* when the legendary elite came out and the fort DCs were 90+...

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #30 - May 24th, 2016 at 10:51am
Print Post  
painkiller wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 8:54am:
I don't believe this will help at all.  I remember the butt hurt *here* when the legendary elite came out and the fort DCs were 90+...

It wouldn't help at all.  Everyone who complains the game is too easy will complain even worse if they couldn't complete content 99% of the time.  Nobody has the patience anymore for a raid that takes months to solve, like it used to back in the day.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #31 - May 24th, 2016 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 10:51am:
It wouldn't help at all.  Everyone who complains the game is too easy will complain even worse if they couldn't complete content 99% of the time.  Nobody has the patience anymore for a raid that takes months to solve, like it used to back in the day.

I was asked what I would want to resubscribe, not to describe what other people on DDOVault would like to see happen.

I quit because I was tired of doing the exact same thing constantly with no carrot, and no challenge. This would allow for both challenge and carrot. Works for me.

Feel free to write your own wishlist.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #32 - May 24th, 2016 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
painkiller wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 8:54am:

The only people on that list were DC casters.Who gives a shit.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #33 - May 24th, 2016 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 5:38pm:
-Revamp Old Epic Quest and Raid Loot (or do good enough Job revamping Augments they could be made competitive)
-Get Cannith Crafting right (Make me do far ranging quests for specific mats including old raids, allow me chances for exceptional and wondrous results, add some special Cannith only effects)
-Buff me and nerf them
-Make Titan Epic
-Uncap Treasure Chests
-Make a difficulty mode that literally can't be beaten when it comes out. Just make it that hard and call it a day. It will strictly be for loot and ingredient purposes, they don't even need to give XP. If they do this mode right, it will basically be like trying to Dragon raid on Elite back when cap was 10. If it requires them just turning off a ton of powerful abilities and effects, that's fine.

this would all help

Roll Eyes

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - May 24th, 2016 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 1:31pm:
Roll Eyes

Normally I find you to be a silly little bitch... but that was the BURN OF THE WEEK.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #35 - May 24th, 2016 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Its not a burn, it's literally exactly what I said. Though what I want is stated multipliers to work correctly. And for SA damage and RP to apply correctly to xbows. It's not a nerf if they're overperforming.

You should give me credit.
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2016 at 6:28pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #36 - May 24th, 2016 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 1:31pm:
Roll Eyes

LOL

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - May 25th, 2016 at 3:17am
Print Post  
I can't think of any reason to going back to VIP.

VIP lost its appeal when TRs became elite openers. And elite openers were only needed because the grind to Epic cap was so punitive any other way.

MOTU was the last update that I really enjoyed, even if they completely fucked up the game by raising the cap past 20 and introduced Epic Destinies.

Shadowfail was the last time I invested real money into the game, because that whole update was a bait-and-switch of promising an expansion and delivering two small updates instead.

The Monster Manuals were the last new content from the game I enjoyed. However, the Turbine bait-and-switched the third one by replacing TP with AS, without dropping the price of the manual. The fourth one dropped the number of cosmetic pets as reward from two to one, again without cutting the price of the manual. Then the fifth one replaced AS with shitty mysterious remnants, once again not cutting the price of the manuals.

And the last event where it looked like the Devs even cared to give players something decent was the Anniversary Cards, that both the Devs fucked up and the players abused.

Fuck you Mimic Hunt! And I don't know who cared less about the special 10th Anniversay event: me or the Devs that made it. Probably me, because I didnt log in, much less stick my fucking name into the event.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - May 25th, 2016 at 8:45am
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on May 25th, 2016 at 3:17am:
I can't think of any reason to going back to VIP.

VIP lost its appeal when TRs became elite openers. And elite openers were only needed because the grind to Epic cap was so punitive any other way.

MOTU was the last update that I really enjoyed, even if they completely fucked up the game by raising the cap past 20 and introduced Epic Destinies.

Shadowfail was the last time I invested real money into the game, because that whole update was a bait-and-switch of promising an expansion and delivering two small updates instead.

The Monster Manuals were the last new content from the game I enjoyed. However, the Turbine bait-and-switched the third one by replacing TP with AS, without dropping the price of the manual. The fourth one dropped the number of cosmetic pets as reward from two to one, again without cutting the price of the manual. Then the fifth one replaced AS with shitty mysterious remnants, once again not cutting the price of the manuals.

And the last event where it looked like the Devs even cared to give players something decent was the Anniversary Cards, that both the Devs fucked up and the players abused.

Fuck you Mimic Hunt! And I don't know who cared less about the special 10th Anniversay event: me or the Devs that made it. Probably me, because I didnt log in, much less stick my fucking name into the event.

You are a person of few words, but they are well chosen and well said.

Smiley

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #39 - May 25th, 2016 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
What surprises me is how much angst and butthurt there is over the forums and cordovan.

Me too. I never go there. Problem solved.
--
Nothing could make me resub. I spent 8 years with a break in the middle VIP and then I quit and bought enough TP to buy up the game, why would I resub now? VIP benefits still aren't enough, especially for someone who's gone premium already. They'd need to radically up the xp bonus or something before I'd even sniff at it any more.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #40 - May 26th, 2016 at 9:42am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 4:29pm:
an echo chamber where the devs hear only what is deemed suitable by Jerry and his kids.

I'm surprised people go to the DDO Forums thinking that a corporation, any corporation, would fund a message board that is handled like anything but this. 

How many companies let people leave really crappy posts on their facebook page?  None that I can think of.  It's why Yelp and the BBB and Angi's List exist.  (And The Vault, for that matter).   No business lets a disgruntled customer air dirty laundry publicly on company property.  Any more than you can go to their place of business and hang a banner in the lobby that says "This company sucks ass".

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - May 26th, 2016 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 26th, 2016 at 9:42am:
It's why ... the BBB ... exist.

If you think the BBB exists for any reason other than to make money by fleecing companies for good ratings, then you're incredibly naive. Go do some research on the BBB. They're as much on the consumer's side as Worker's Compensation Insurance is on the worker's side. And in case you aren't educated on Worker's Comp, they're not at all there to help the worker.

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #42 - May 26th, 2016 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on May 26th, 2016 at 10:05am:
If you think the BBB exists for any reason other than to make money by fleecing companies for good ratings, then you're incredibly naive. Go do some research on the BBB. They're as much on the consumer's side as Worker's Compensation Insurance is on the worker's side. And in case you aren't educated on Worker's Comp, they're not at all there to help the worker.

That's a valid argument.  The BBB is a bit of a false sense of security because accreditation is purchased.  But my point remains.  Companies don't let customers use their PR/Marketing vehicles to advertise gripes about them or their products.  They use them to promote their products and positive customer comments.  If you think the forums are not a PR/Marketing function, then you haven't been paying attention.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #43 - May 26th, 2016 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 26th, 2016 at 9:42am:
I'm surprised people go to the DDO Forums thinking that a corporation, any corporation, would fund a message board that is handled like anything but this. 

How many companies let people leave really crappy posts on their facebook page?  None that I can think of.  It's why Yelp and the BBB and Angi's List exist.  (And The Vault, for that matter).   No business lets a disgruntled customer air dirty laundry publicly on company property.  Any more than you can go to their place of business and hang a banner in the lobby that says "This company sucks ass".

This is disingenuous at best.

You know full well that there exists a lot of room between allowing posts that say "this company sucks ass" and what Jerry does now, and you also are quite aware that it would be possible for Jerry to be even handed in his "moderation" without requiring him to allow disgruntled customers to "air their dirty laundry".

It would be enough if he applied his forum symmetrically rules to everyone.

I can't believe how many people actually give a shit how Cordovan moderates or how the fanbois or doombois post.  But people get so freaking worked up over it.  To the point where it affects their enjoyment in game.  And is a factor in subscription.  Valium is your friend, folks.

People should give a shit about how the Community Relations Manager does his fucking job.

People at Turbine not giving a shit is precisely why the game is in its current state and continues to decline.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #44 - May 26th, 2016 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on May 26th, 2016 at 1:29pm:
You know full well that there exists a lot of room between allowing posts that say "this company sucks ass" and what Jerry does now, and you also are quite aware that it would be possible for Jerry to be even handed in his "moderation" without requiring him to allow disgruntled customers to "air their dirty laundry".

I agree.  There is a lot of room for customer feedback and give and take and even constructive criticism, most likely.  I have experienced this first hand.  I have posted on the forums my displeasure with LGS, lag, communication, and numerous other issues.  And those posts have not been moderated in any way.  I have also been warned (and infracted) due to posts I have made that disagree strongly with forum pallys or fanbois or whatever you want to call them.  Or because I was overly negative/critical of Turbine in a post.   

OldCoaly wrote on May 26th, 2016 at 1:29pm:
It would be enough if he applied his forum symmetrically rules to everyone.

OK.  I see where that is good for the people who want to be able to dissent and voice displeasure either with Turbine or with annoying fanboi paladins.  What is the benefit to Turbine of doing so?

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - May 26th, 2016 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 26th, 2016 at 2:31pm:
OK.  I see where that is good for the people who want to be able to dissent and voice displeasure either with Turbine or with annoying fanboi paladins.  What is the benefit to Turbine of doing so? 

The perception that they're professional and competent.
Not thin skinned amateurs with no fucking clue or vision beyond next week's bagel day.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - May 26th, 2016 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Wait... didn't they a do that by acknowledging the problems inherent with running an online game via the self-deprecating names for all the festival lootz?  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Goon
Korthos Resident

Reply #47 - May 27th, 2016 at 3:05am
Print Post  
I would consider VIP again if the game was returned to pre-MotU mechanics (i.e. capped at L20, no EDs, no Iconics, no Epic N/H/E, no PRR/MRR, AC mattered, to-hit mattered, no grazing hits, pre-MotU enhancements, etc.), but kept all the same quests. Back when Epic required teamwork and tactics.

Except scroll/seal/shard. Fuck that system.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #48 - May 27th, 2016 at 9:15am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on May 26th, 2016 at 7:34pm:
The perception that they're professional and competent.
Not thin skinned amateurs with no fucking clue or vision beyond next week's bagel day.

You haven't spent much time in corporate situations, particularly corporate IT situations, if you think that professionalism is equated to thick skin and amatuers are thin skinned.  The more professional, the bigger the ego and the less open to criticism. 

I agree it SHOULD work that way, but the reality of the corporate world is the exact opposite.  Particularly in technology where pissing contests, turf wars, NIH mentality and ego battles are de rigueur.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - May 27th, 2016 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Goon wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 3:05am:
Except scroll/seal/shard. Fuck that system.

s/s/s would be just fine if they didn't limit the 3:1 swap to only Sands, and to only scrolls.  If it worked for all s/s/s in the game then you could finish your eSoS or whatever you're working on just by picking up lucky shards from wherever.  I know I have a pile of s/s/s for items I never intend to ever use use, much less upgrade.  Opening up the swaps would give them some value and also take note of the fact that upgrading an item to level 20 isn't such a big deal anymore.

Since they already have the tech in place for the 3:1 sands scroll swap it shouldn't take a huge amount of dev hours to make it all scrolls, seals, and shards also.

But Turbine has a fairly entrenched policy of never looking back at old content and making it relevant again, no matter what the means.  So this is just a thought experiment.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint