Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) U32 - Named Loot First Look (Read 20822 times)
Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Re: U32 - Named Loot First Look
Reply #25 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 5:44am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 2:16am:
There is just so little need for tanks.
And you should be able to hold aggro without an insightful Intim.
I have no doubt that you could use it, but I can't say I would try with other options competing for slots.  What else do you have on your helm?

Well to be honest the only place can recall using it is in FoTP to get the dragon back on me.  But it works, so I keep it.  Because keeping a piece of gear that works is the whole point.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #26 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 8:40am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 2:16am:
There is just so little need for tanks.
And you should be able to hold aggro without an insightful Intim.
I have no doubt that you could use it, but I can't say I would try with other options competing for slots.  What else do you have on your helm?

There is little to no need for dc casting too.  Or bard songs.   Or divine healing.   Or trapping.  Or weapons besides xbows, scimitars, short Swords, khopeshes, and rapiers.   Does that mean turbine should only make gear with dps, prr, umd, mrr, and light and force damage?   

Tanks aren't necessary but they are a valid play style.   I hope turbine keeps making items that appeal to specific builds or play styles, not only the optimal ones.  Even if it means the stuff doesnt appeal to me in the slightest.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2016 at 8:47am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #27 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 12:46pm:
look at that new DPS helm ZOMG!!!!

IKR

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Helm is really nice.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #29 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Both helms are solid, that ring is a strong melee item.  The Trinket works, especially for full plate wearers that go to that armor to replace litany. 

The staff and the Orb are both strong too.  Especially since the new crafted loot will let you replace your stat LGS caster sticks.  Or Cannith Crafting can do that.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #30 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 1:29pm:
Both helms are solid, that ring is a strong melee item.  The Trinket works, especially for full plate wearers that go to that armor to replace litany. 

The staff and the Orb are both strong too.  Especially since the new crafted loot will let you replace your stat LGS caster sticks.  Or Cannith Crafting can do that.

Your pixel dealer knows how to keep you hooked.

IP Logged

LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
I love how the orb was made in my honor.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #32 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 1:30pm:
Your pixel dealer knows how to keep you hooked.

I enjoy playing this game.  Sue me.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #33 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 3:06pm:
I enjoy playing this game.  Sue me.

Whatever floats your boat, man: there are people who are into ant farms, too.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 3:54pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 1:29pm:

I'd say they're good for dc based builds only, not for casters in general.  They'retoo niche IMO.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #36 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 3:29am:
At this rate u35 will be +20 stats, 11 insight, 5 exceptional, 6 quality.

Good total imo

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 3:29am:
At this rate u35 will be +20 stats, 11 insight, 5 exceptional, 6 quality.

QFT.

Power cruise.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #38 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 4:20pm:
I'd say they're good for dc based builds only, not for casters in general.  They'retoo niche IMO.

Pretty unique. Three high spellpowers, 3 high lores, good implement bonus, 2 DC boosts, spell points, slot, and set bonus. It looks like it was designed for a tradionalist sorc. Yeah, builds are all about shiradi nowadays, but I'd still loot it.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 8:40am:
There is little to no need for dc casting too.

Well, aside from PK.
Or bard songs.

That shit died only because it's slow as hell.  If they'd speed up the casting animation there would be a point and people would stick around for their buffs instead of racing off to finish the dungeon before the Bard is done playing.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
If the game make to the end of the year...

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #41 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
LagMonsterrrrrr wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 9:00pm:
If the game make to the end of the year...

...you'll still be a complete faggot.

IP Logged

LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
what?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #43 - Jun 25th, 2016 at 3:49am
Print Post  
apep wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 12:44pm:
Using a necklace clickie, then having the item equip to your belt slot from the hotbar would be annoying.

Fuck. This is exactly how it would suck.

You know, I still gotta give 'em props for creativity. Items that can go in multiple slots are something other than ZOMG! Biggr numbrs! And it's good to see.

somenewnoob wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 1:41pm:
Yay. Another fucking crafting system.

Eventually we'll drop the items and go straight to crafting lag.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Jun 25th, 2016 at 4:22am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 25th, 2016 at 3:49am:
You know, I still gotta give 'em props for creativity. Items that can go in multiple slots are something other than ZOMG! Biggr numbrs! And it's good to see.

more gear options is always great. They're at lv 30 now and can't raise named loot past that. eventually it may click with them that making items that make certain builds is easier than stat increases. Some feats, or core and capstones even. Make the entire item just a capstone or core ability that would fuel certain builds.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.ďż˝ Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.ďż˝ They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Jun 25th, 2016 at 4:35am
Print Post  
There is little to no need for dc casting too.  Or bard songs.   Or divine healing.   Or trapping.  Or weapons besides xbows, scimitars, short Swords, khopeshes, and rapiers.   Does that mean turbine should only make gear with dps, prr, umd, mrr, and light and force damage?   

Tanks aren't necessary but they are a valid play style.   I hope turbine keeps making items that appeal to specific builds or play styles, not only the optimal ones.  Even if it means the stuff doesnt appeal to me in the slightest.

I wasn't focussing so much on the build choice, but whether that build really needed insightful aggro gain to be effective, and thus whether my original comment about that item was valid.

With so many useful things to squeeze into limited slots, I wouldn't be looking for Intim items?
Most people seem to Intim via DPS nowadays, and if the squishes get some aggro, then an Intim check should be enough without seeking items for it.  I have a +13 or 15 augment and that seems to suffice for my needs.

In case you missed it, I have no problem with peeps wanting tank builds. You're welcome to your bard builds, I don't want to upset you into thinking I was calling your builds redundant.

They're free to make whatever useless shit they want for loot and it will be ignored/sold like 90% of the flavor loot they have produced in the last two years.
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2016 at 4:46am by PersonaNonGrata »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #46 - Jun 25th, 2016 at 5:08am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 25th, 2016 at 4:22am:
soonTM it may click with them that making items that make certain builds is easier than stat increases

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Jun 25th, 2016 at 6:36am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 25th, 2016 at 3:49am:

Just remember the last time they tried something creative with items, it was for this item -

IP Logged

Vtec
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Jun 25th, 2016 at 8:39am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 3:07pm:
Whatever floats your boat, man: there are people who are into ant farms, too.

What's more idiotic, playing a shitty old game you still love or getting to almost 8k posts trolling a website dedicated to a game you don't play and sucked at when you did?

Go pick some fucking bananas, you chimp.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #49 - Jun 25th, 2016 at 9:11am
Print Post  
Vtec wrote on Jun 25th, 2016 at 8:39am:
getting to almost 8k posts trolling a website

1. The Icy Silence
Following its first outing, she won’t say anything. She will probably sit there and take it all in. You may think at first that perhaps she’s maturing, she’s going to approach this like an adult, calmly and with caution. Do not be lured into a false sense of security. She is merely building up her sock army. She needs the adequate time to process her anger in an appriopriately bitchy fashion.

2. The Hidden Ammo
You thought she didn’t notice when you agreed with liberals? When you tried to buy duped items? When you forgot to pick the right alignment? WOMEN NEVER FORGET. This much you will learn quickly.

3. Excessive Swearing
Just because she’s a petty, ignorable poster at the best of times, does not mean that she won’t call you some of the most shocking names under the sun.

4. The Cold Harsh Truth
She’s going to tell you exactly what she really thinks of you. Every gruesome detail. The sneaking suspicion that she dislikes your race, gender and religion, will be voiced loudly and clearly. Also, those posts you make are too long, your build is terrible and it IS a big deal. Hurts, doesn’t it?

5. Questions/No Answers
The act of replying is usually used in a communicative context, except when used by an extremely angry woman. When she replies, what she really seeks is that you reword the completely irrelevant thing that you’ve just posted, so that she can really begin to build an irrelevant case against you; asking you to reiterate the same facts over and over again, in the vague hope that you’ll mess up some of them eventually. Nice try.

6. Dragging Up The Past
Remember that post in Off-Topic, 30 weeks ago, where she called you gay, and you never replied- that you don’t actually even remember? She sure does. What.. But… That was two pages ago? EXACTLY. Exactly what? What’s happening? Help….

7. Storming Out Dramatically
By now she’ll probably have worn herself out, what with all of the shouting, swearing, and remembering what she’s been doing. So, in order to fully prepare for the next stage of punishing you, she is now going to storm out and tell you to, under no uncertain terms, “fuck off faggot nigger cock loving virgins,” followed by at least three doors being slammed and 6 name changes. This is purely for dramatic effect. You understand.

8. Turning Her Socks Against You
Six days (minimum) later and you finally think that you’ve gotten over this stumbling block, so to speak. She’s finally thawed out and cooled down. You begin to relax. Let us be the first to inform you that your relief is short lived, because it’s pretty much guaranteed that she has logged into all of her long forgotten socks once again to post about what an utter ass you are. So they now need the adequate time to process their anger in a appropriately bitchy fashion.

Let this be a lesson to all of mankind. Never, ever start a fight with a bitch. She will always, always think she has won.
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2016 at 9:12am by eighnuss »  

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint