Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Slarden schools a poor sucker on the mobos (Read 15057 times)
Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Re: Slarden schools a poor sucker on the mobos
Reply #25 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 9:00am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 1st, 2016 at 9:09am:
How many times have you entered a heroic von 6 KNOWING that these fuckers will fail on the pillars? when is the last time u went into an abbot knowing with full certainty that your group would be successful- despite the fact that everyone in quest is 15 levels over the quest level?

I agree with everything except this utter piece of bullshit.
Sounds to me you've had some bad pugging experience. If you thought for a second that you could succesfully complete a raid with 100% certainty with random strangers, THAT is completely 100% on you. Yes it's un-fucking-fortunate that there are a lot of incompetent players that fail at simple objectives like destroying von pillars, but if you can't swallow defeat then you should probably lead your own raids and filter them or join filtered raids (who the fk still does this anyway?)

You could also play on a lower difficulty, hm? Or if you still want 100% win certainty you should probably play gay ass Hello retarded Kitty online.
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2016 at 9:01am by Halfmaniac »  

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 9:41am
Print Post  
Quote:
Am I missing something here? We have:
  • AC, which is useless on the game's highest difficulties
  • DR, which is also useless because it's impossible to get a meaningful amount
  • Displacement, which is negated by mobs who have True Seeing
  • Incorporeality
  • Dodge

And I really am skeptical of dodge/incorp being good enough of a defense to really make a huge difference. As far as I know, the easiest, best, and most efficient way of mitigating damage is to simply kill mobs before they can touch you, or kite them... both of which require being ranged/caster.

A+, most hilarious and on-point rant I've read in awhile

From my experience AC is not useless, but does come with diminishing returns.  Stacking dodge and sources of dodge can make a large difference.  Uncanny dodge, meld into darkness and elaborate parry (tempest only, but works with any fighting style) can give you up to 60ish seconds of 25 - 100 dodge.

Also the simple avoidance of MOVING AROUND is something I see alot of players still not do.  I see so many standing like a statue swinging away.  Mob swings can be avoiding by circling/strafing.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 11:05am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 7:30am:
Then again: you address "you guys" with a little "Oh, I know things!" tone, when in fact no one was talking about melee. First there was just people unable to read and now there are fucking retards like you who see things not written.

I'm adressing this to the people who say over and over again how mlees are worthless and ranged is easy button. I'm tired of seeing that. If you want to see a tone on it be free to feel wathever you want. They are talking about the difference between mlee and ranged when they say ranged is easy, obviously. You need better interpretation capacity.
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2016 at 11:06am by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 6:34am:
Uh huh. Very tactful standing in plain sight behind a step just outside their aggro range. The boss that aggroes the toon alone without calling for back up because "reasons" is also very funny.

Golden is truly uber when it comes to raiding but don't tell me that is tactICAL use of terrain. That is clever use of mobs stupidity. 4 out of 10 for the try

A tactical use of terrain is when you use coverage to protect yourself from monsters or ...pff....I dunno... standing right outside a door to force monsters in fighting in groups of 3 or 4 (pretty much all we ever use).

You might want to actually read what you write before you post, so you don't end up arguing against your own words.
Quote:
A tactical use of terrain is when you use coverage to protect yourself from monsters

Yes, I agree.  Exactly how many worm blasts did he have to dodge over the course of that fight?  Zero, because he used coverage to protect himself from a monster.  Your words exactly.

Exactly how many trash mobs did he have to fight?  One, and that is probably because it is the only one that would have aggroed and come with the boss.  So he killed it first and then he used coverage to protect himself from having to fight the rest of the monsters.  Your words exactly again.

He did exactly what you cite as a tactical use of terrain, and yet you somehow manage to disagree with yourself within the same post.  The mental gymnastics this must require on your part to achieve boggles the mind.
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2016 at 1:23pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #29 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 1:23pm:
You might want to actually read what you write before you post, so you don't end up arguing against your own words.
Yes, I agree.  Exactly how many worm blasts did he have to dodge over the course of that fight?  Zero, because he used coverage to protect himself from a monster.  Your words exactly.

Exactly how many trash mobs did he have to fight?  One, and that is probably because it is the only one that would have aggroed and come with the boss.  So he killed it first and then he used coverage to protect himself from having to fight the rest of the monsters.  Your words exactly again.

He did exactly what you cite as a tactical use of terrain, and yet you somehow manage to disagree with yourself within the same post.  The mental gymnastics this must require on your part to achieve boggles the mind.

Yes he sure did, you are totally right

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 9:41am:
From my experience AC is not useless, but does come with diminishing returns.  Stacking dodge and sources of dodge can make a large difference.  Uncanny dodge, meld into darkness and elaborate parry (tempest only, but works with any fighting style) can give you up to 60ish seconds of 25 - 100 dodge.

Also the simple avoidance of MOVING AROUND is something I see alot of players still not do.  I see so many standing like a statue swinging away.  Mob swings can be avoiding by circling/strafing.

Interesting. Perhaps I'm not building right; I've gotten in to 180-190 AC range and find that things still hit me in EE about 80% of the time, but maybe with enough epic reincarnations and farming of endgame gear (which I don't do, since I don't like staying at the cap) would make a difference when it comes to AC. I don't really give a shit about running EE/LE content much, so the one time I did try to build defensively, it was kind of half-assed anyway. My end conclusion was that AC is useless on EE, but that might be incorrect.

Abilities such as uncanny dodge and meld into darkness are good, but my main gripe with them is that they have very long cooldowns... not to mention that it's yet another hotkey spot taken up, and my main hotbar usually already has action boosts +lots of other things anyway.

Moving and strafing as a melee just doesn't work as effectively as it does for range, from my experience. Especially in quests like ToEE EE, where you're swarmed by 30+ monsters at once. There's just no way to evade them all at once, and I invariably find myself taking ludicrous amounts of damage. Additionally, there's always DDO lag...

Iunno. All of these are valid points and can make playing melee manageable, but in the end, I can't help but think that ranged is still easier to play on EE, all things being equal.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #31 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Moving and strafing as a melee just doesn't work as effectively as it does for range, from my experience. Especially in quests like ToEE EE, where you're swarmed by 30+ monsters at once. There's just no way to evade them all at once, and I invariably find myself taking ludicrous amounts of damage. Additionally, there's always DDO lag...

Iunno. All of these are valid points and can make playing melee manageable, but in the end, I can't help but think that ranged is still easier to play on EE, all things being equal.

As you mentioned ToEE.

I'd like to ask how exactly you're kiting on a ranged character in there without getting completely swamped?
Considering the space between mob spawns is tiny and each spawn has a good 8-12 mobs in it!

Now I don't run EE {Especially not in ToEE} but I've found It much easier in there on the difficulties I do run to be a Cleaving Melee {Or Auralock obviously} than as a Mech/Arti or Archer or Chainlock.

I get what people say about the benefits of Ranged for Defense BUT I find there's a lot of quests in DDO where Ranged is actually at a disadvantage unless said Ranged Character has some way to either CC mobs OR AoE them {And no IPS does not count as an AoE}.

ToEE is definitely one of those Quests as are newer quests like Grim & Barrett and Archons Trial.
Where there's just no space to Kite!

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 4:22pm:
CC mobs

crippling
stay frosty
leg shot
pin
otto
tendon slice

are we even playing the same game?

AoE them {And no IPS does not count as an AoE}.

actually is. youre just retarded. and gay

this is why youre terrible at this game.

also, you could, you know, maybe, just range them? crazy. i know.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.ďż˝ Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.ďż˝ They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #33 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 4:30pm
Print Post  

no no frannie

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #34 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Go suck a fucking dick rubbins.

Beat me to it.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #35 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Sep 1st, 2016 at 9:58pm:
favorable game bugs like wolf and thrower.

Ranged weapons are a bug?  Roll Eyes

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
My end conclusion was that AC is useless on EE, but that might be incorrect.

It's not useless, but like many things in the game it's a matter of go big or go home.  If you're not stacking it high enough you're wasting your time and effort.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #37 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
I'd like to ask how exactly you're kiting on a ranged character in there without getting completely swamped?

Better than you are.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #38 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 8:28pm:
Better than you are.

That's not really saying much is it though?

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #39 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 9:14pm:

Man.

You have no dick.

Or even a vagina.

Just some awkward looking trani-dick.

Hey there you fucking trani-dick. Trani-dick. jap jap jap
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2016 at 9:40pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #40 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
It's like you're Filipino.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #41 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 9:14pm:

I decided to follow Sailias's approach and pick the low hanging fruit.

It's better before it falls and rots. Like whatever the fuck happened to Foppy, here.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #42 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2016 at 8:05pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #43 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 8:06pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #44 - Sep 11th, 2016 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 9:00am:
I agree with everything except this utter piece of bullshit.
Sounds to me you've had some bad pugging experience. If you thought for a second that you could succesfully complete a raid with 100% certainty with random strangers, THAT is completely 100% on you. Yes it's un-fucking-fortunate that there are a lot of incompetent players that fail at simple objectives like destroying von pillars, but if you can't swallow defeat then you should probably lead your own raids and filter them or join filtered raids (who the fk still does this anyway?)

You could also play on a lower difficulty, hm? Or if you still want 100% win certainty you should probably play gay ass Hello retarded Kitty online.

what is your argument here? you are pretty much validating the statement you quoted. stupid people are unable to coordinate the simultaneous killing of 3 things. proving my point that if u want to create difficulty and a non 100% win certainty you must create cooperation rather than inflated HP and damage. at the same time, this whole debate has had nothing to do with my own personal playstyle or desired win certainty and everything to do with facts- so im not sure where you are deriving your assumptions about me from or how you believe they tie into this discussion. i think its cute how you attempt to turn a perfectly valid example of the true method for increasing game difficulty in an effort to reduce guaranteed victory and perceived ease, into accusing me of seeking a game with 100% win certainty. go away you low tier contrarian shitposter reserve your limited arsenal of internet ammunition for kids on your level, like knn

inflated math is not difficulty
dynamic puzzles and cooperation are difficulty

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #45 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 1:23am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 11th, 2016 at 12:22pm:
what is your argument here? you are pretty much validating the statement you quoted. stupid people are unable to coordinate the simultaneous killing of 3 things. proving my point that if u want to create difficulty and a non 100% win certainty you must create cooperation rather than inflated HP and damage. at the same time, this whole debate has had nothing to do with my own personal playstyle or desired win certainty and everything to do with facts- so im not sure where you are deriving your assumptions about me from or how you believe they tie into this discussion. i think its cute how you attempt to turn a perfectly valid example of the true method for increasing game difficulty in an effort to reduce guaranteed victory and perceived ease, into accusing me of seeking a game with 100% win certainty. go away you low tier contrarian shitposter reserve your limited arsenal of internet ammunition for kids on your level, like knn

inflated math is not difficulty
dynamic puzzles and cooperation are difficulty

http://i.imgur.com/Dz4bP8b.gif

tldr yawn

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 7:45am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Illiterate
Titan Demolisher

Yataaaa

Reply #47 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 8:10am
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Sep 1st, 2016 at 9:57am:
This game is almost completely in phase "go there and dps that shit"

Like Defiler of the Just: go north west and kill the spawned mobs, go center and kill the spawned mobs, go south east and kill the spawned mobs ... go to boss and kill it in 5 seconds, bam you're done. That was a raid.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #48 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 9:11am
Print Post  
Illiterate wrote on Sep 12th, 2016 at 8:10am:
Like Defiler of the Just: go north west and kill the spawned mobs, go center and kill the spawned mobs, go south east and kill the spawned mobs ... go to boss and kill it in 5 seconds, bam you're done. That was a raid.

Most Raids are nothing but that.  Have been for years and years. 

VoD - Stand around and Kill shit.
LoB - Run to center.  Kill Shit.
DQ - Stand around and Kill shit.
ToD - Run to mobs and Kill Shit.  Repeat x 2.
FoT -  Stand around and Kill Shit.
FoTP - Stand around and Kill Shit.
CiTW - Run around and Kill Shit.
DoJ - Run around and Kill Shit.
TS - Run to top of mountain (killing shit along the way).  Kill Shit.
VoN - Run to pillars.  Kill Shit.  Run to Dragon.  Kill Shit.
MoD - Go North.  Kill Shit.  Go east and west.  Kill Shit.  Go to Center.  Kill Shit.
Chrono - Run to next boss fight.  Kill Shit.  Repeat x 2. 
Hound - Run around and kill shit.  Wait for message.  Kill boss.

Of the 17 or 18 or so raids, how many have a puzzle or other obstacle besides kill shit?  Titan, Abbott, Shroud, Reavers, and Deathwyrm.   

Sure there are minor stategy variations (DoJ timers on executioners, reinforcements or LoB phases/specials or FoT phases, or VoD phases, or Hound Xyxxy strategy) but it's still all Kill Shit. 

The only thing that made DoJ remarkable was that the end boss was such a wimp.  It needed another 500k HP to make that fight interesting.

But to act like the "go there and dps that shit" is a new problem is misguided. 

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #49 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
No it's not. Old raids required some sort of roles

Fuck, even epic abbot (that I really despise) required (maybe still does?) people assigned to a specific role in order to complete.

What has DoJ exactly? Oh yeah. North group and south group. Goal? Kill stuff as fast as possible. NOTHING FUCKING ELSE.  If two people could stay in auto attack and simply move a bit to aggro the executioners they would still complete the raid. IMHO the worst raid ever in ddo followed only by legendary shroud (legendary shroud will be completely different from heroic version my ass)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint