Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Slarden schools a poor sucker on the mobos (Read 15061 times)
()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Slarden schools a poor sucker on the mobos
Sep 1st, 2016 at 5:51am
Print Post  

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that KNN has brought a BUNCH of stupid from users on this forum out in the open

Some of you got baited real bad in an attempt to troll him back.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Slarden schools a poor sucker on the mobos
Reply #1 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 8:50am
Print Post  
They both have valid points, honestly.  It turned into an slap fight between those two but some good ideas were voiced.

Slarden is right that just because the best builds by the best players can shortman/solo LE doesn't mean that the mobs need to hit harder, especially when the solo was done by 3 ranged characters who, probably, rarely get hit. 

Sam-ur-eye(or whatever) is right that the content does need to be more challenging on LE. 

Lots of better solutions than having primarily melee mobs that hit for 2000+ base (before PRR) and have 100K+ HP as non-bosses and 1mill+ HP bars for bosses.  Which can just be kited and burst damaged into oblivion easily by ranged toons but wreck the living crap out of melee toons. 
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2016 at 8:51am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #2 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Slarden is being a bitch and distracting from the issue, which probably means no overhaul will be made to the difficulty. He's been an apologizing for Turbine's Lamma forums every fucking update.

Kazama, you're a fucking idiot. Lamma is easy as fuck. And fuck turbine's fucking face for not giving reaper. If they were a swedish girl out at night, and I were a rape gang....

If they were a female duck and I were a bunch of male ducks...

If they were me and Rosanne Barr alone in a room....

« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2016 at 9:08am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #3 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 9:09am
Print Post  
this game and a majority of its userbase sucks

i would just shove a bunch of shit in the quests that forced you to require multiple people coordinating- that is without a doubt the hardest part of DDO

80% of the players are fucking gay and retarded and believe they are like super heroes. they dont listen, communicate, nor care what anyone else suggests. a simple task like cooperation can ramp difficulty SO far up well beyond what mobs hitting for 400 or 800 or 1600 can ever hope to achieve. How many times have you entered a heroic von 6 KNOWING that these fuckers will fail on the pillars? when is the last time u went into an abbot knowing with full certainty that your group would be successful- despite the fact that everyone in quest is 15 levels over the quest level?

the devs are retarded and the players are gay and the game experience as a result is gay and retarded

the players being gay is a pure reaction to the devs being retarded. as mobs got dumber and dumber, ranged became more and more valuable. as mobs became stronger, melee became less viable. as mobs became beefier, casting became less valuable. champions and out of control spike damage solidified ranged as the only logical defensive choice in the current metagame. the end result is the current environment of range fest and exploits to circumvent shit that sucked. shit that sucks does not equal difficulty.

technically, you could just add a mechanic to a quest that killed the entire party every 2 minutes based purely on time and nothing else and that would be just as effective as ramping up mob strength and health even further. it would force you to bring clerics with DI and it would negate the longevity of range. but it would also fucking suck for everyone. the changes that people are asking for arent much different.

make quests hard through game mechanics and quest objectives, not through retardedly bloated math that forces the intelligent into ranged options

i blame the devs not the players. players are simply reacting to the devs implementations in the best way mathematically possible.

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #4 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 9:16am
Print Post  
+1

speaking of gays and gay things, I have been listening to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swUIX9K-vwg
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2016 at 9:17am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #5 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 9:26am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 1st, 2016 at 9:09am:
players are simply reacting to the devs implementations in the best way mathematically possible.

By getting gay?  Izzat mobo maths?

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #6 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 9:57am
Print Post  
CUT

This. Kudos to you man.

Only thing I don't agree (partially) is the spell casting. With mobs getting shitloads of hp players reacted with insta kills and shiradi. No point in wearing down a mob with 9-10 delayed fireballs when a necro wiz will FoD-it or fire a salvo of magic missile for little to no sp cost and deal 5 times the damage in less than half the time.

The VoN6 reference reminded me of the time I ran it with a full raid party with almost everyone being a level 30 and it took us almost 20 minutes cause people couldn't be bothered reading the party chat. Un-fucking-believable. This game is almost completely in phase "go there and dps that shit"

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 10:34am
Print Post  
So you guys don't know how to play a mlee and because of that you say mlee is hard. Have you ever rolled a ranger?

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #8 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 11:23am
Print Post  
honestly melee is op atm but people are just fucking dumb

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #9 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Sep 1st, 2016 at 10:34am:
So you guys don't know how to play a mlee and because of that you say mlee is hard. Have you ever rolled a ranger?

You miss the point.  Nobody is saying melee is hard.  The issue is that mobs are one dimensional and boring.  They are 90% melee mobs with no significant ranged attacks or significant debuffs.  The solution that Turbine seems prone to addressing boredom and ease of game is to increase the melee damage per hit and up the HP.  Which only negatively affects the melee PC's and doesn't make the game any less boring or more challenging.  Just more tedious.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #10 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 11:46am
Print Post  

I think that every time I see "melees suck" or other such nonsense.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #11 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Slarden is from special needs server Salorna.
From their posts just a bunch of tards failing hard Shrouds.

That poor sucker OP is pretty fucking good.

Listening and appeasing the shitty and casual player lobby is the biggest mistake that the direction of this game has taken.

In what other game is the crying and bitching taken seriously ? Really, you join a new mmorpg and expect to have everything handed to you immediately ? The same loot by playing trivial difficulty ?
Or bloody soloing the highest difficulty by default ?
Yeah, no other game does that.

"Epic elite", "legendary elite", my arse.
Like a bunch of whiny kids - instead of improving their gameplay and just getting better, people LOVE to blame the game mechanics or other builds for their own incompetence.
"I pay my vip, gimme".
About time someone would toss that cunt Sev_Pay outta the window. And we get the game back on track.

The combat has become such a boring routine.
The quests that used to be exciting, encounters that you would pay attention to before the unnecessary melee power, prr or hjeal amp increases.

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #12 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Sep 1st, 2016 at 12:17pm:
Slarden is from special needs server Salorna.From their posts just a bunch of tards failing hard Shrouds.That poor sucker OP is pretty fucking good.Listening and appeasing the shitty and casual player lobby is the biggest mistake that the direction of this game has taken.In what other game is the crying and bitching taken seriously ? Really, you join a new mmorpg and expect to have everything handed to you immediately ? The same loot by playing trivial difficulty ?Or bloody soloing the highest difficulty by default ?Yeah, no other game does that."Epic elite", "legendary elite", my arse.Like a bunch of whiny kids - instead of improving their gameplay and just getting better, people LOVE to blame the game mechanics or other builds for their own incompetence."I pay my vip, gimme".About time someone would toss that cunt Sev_Pay outta the window. And we get the game back on track.The combat has become such a boring routine.The quests that used to be exciting, encounters that you would pay attention to before the unnecessary melee power, prr or hjeal amp increases.

I agree with most of you that the game is easy with the right build in the hands of the right player with the right past lifes. The problem is that those kind of players are 10% of the player base in the best case scenario , and I'm being very generous there. Most people struggle in LE raids.

I don't give a fuck how good or bad player the OP is, he's still a sucker, a faggot who probably cheated his way to triple completionist everything and now sees that even 1rst life noobs can run LE quests with ease on the right build. He's just bitching and moaning for the game to be adapted to 10% of it's playerbase cuz the poor sucker doesn't feel special anymore  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

If he or any other supermegauber faggot around wants challenge just go run LE naked shrouds at lvl 20 with an elf cha based assassin, and the problem is solved, you will get plenty of challenge  Grin Grin Grin

But nah this faggot just wants to feel special again and have some nuubs suck his dick telling him how an uber player he is   Tongue Tongue Tongue

Don't bitch and moan over dificulty to be changed for everyone when you have plenty of options to make the game harder for yourself if you wish and you find it fun and challenging  Wink

To be clear, and if all that is still not enough challenge for that sucker, I would suggest him to try to shove a watermelon up his ass, that should be pretty challenging even for a faggot like this Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2016 at 2:14pm by () »  

I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that KNN has brought a BUNCH of stupid from users on this forum out in the open

Some of you got baited real bad in an attempt to troll him back.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #13 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Wow Kazama is fucking retarted again.

KNN sock probably.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
() wrote on Sep 1st, 2016 at 5:51am:
Right in yo face, Fag!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Riiiiight.  He schooled them by posting insightful wisdom such as:
Quote:
Ranged is one of if not the best defense in this game.

Hmmm, not being there for the melee damage is a thing?  Who could have ever figured that out if not for our hero Slarden!

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Sep 1st, 2016 at 3:25pm:
Wow Kazama is fucking retarted again.

KNN sock probably.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Most players don't understand how to mitigate damage as a melee player.  They only know to up HP and PRR.  When that isn't enough they throw their arms up and declare "melee is too hard on LE, they suck!"

More interesting mob actions and interactions would make for more challenging, cooperative and thoughtful combat.  Debuffs, tactful use of terrain and ranged/spell attacks are all avenues to explore.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #17 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 5:19pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #18 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Sep 1st, 2016 at 4:20pm:
Most players don't understand how to mitigate damage as a melee player.  They only know to up HP and PRR.  When that isn't enough they throw their arms up and declare "melee is too hard on LE, they suck!"

More interesting mob actions and interactions would make for more challenging, cooperative and thoughtful combat.  Debuffs, tactful use of terrain and ranged/spell attacks are all avenues to explore.

Yes, with mobs that manage to hit you while you're standing behind them or completely out of their own range. Let's not forget that sometime they still slide on the ground while being tripped.

Tactful use of terrain....such as? I remember the fight against the dragon in haunted halls where people use to exploit the high ground to stay away from dragon. I'm not saying I want safe spots but when was last time we actually had a tactful use of terrain? Mmmmmmm, oh yes! Fucking VoN6 with the pillars to avoid the dragon breath.

You could have just mentioned deception effect but tactful use of terrain in ddo just makes me lol. A LOT.

edit: tactful use of terrain such as kobolds in old quests used to do? Jumping on the wall away from melee toons?
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2016 at 8:08pm by Artorias »  

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #19 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
It’s 2006 all over again! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #20 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
gayest...shit...ever:

"Can you provide specs on your builds including gear, past lifes, prr, mrr, hp etc. I think the difficulty problem can't be solved by simply making enemies hit harder the devs may need to look at some fotm builds like tree, wiz/sorc shiradi, wolf, thrower and warlock and adjust those instead of the quests. At least from what I saw is many builds will struggle in there. Some will do fine in groups and some will roll over the content.

This isn't a raid so it shouldn't be adjusted to LE shroud, but I think the devs should take a look at builds that are rolling over the content and even if they can't do anything before this release, certain bulids should be put on a watch list and the devs need to understand especially those things fueled by favorable game bugs like wolf and thrower. "

-Slardensnitch

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Sep 1st, 2016 at 8:05pm:
You could have just mentioned deception effect but tactful use of terrain in ddo just makes me lol. A LOT.

Check out this solo EE DOJ run.  At 18:50 through the end you'll see a tactical (not tactful, different word entirely) use of terrain.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 1:45am
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Sep 1st, 2016 at 4:20pm:

Am I missing something here? We have:
  • AC, which is useless on the game's highest difficulties
  • DR, which is also useless because it's impossible to get a meaningful amount
  • Displacement, which is negated by mobs who have True Seeing
  • Incorporeality
  • Dodge

And I really am skeptical of dodge/incorp being good enough of a defense to really make a huge difference. As far as I know, the easiest, best, and most efficient way of mitigating damage is to simply kill mobs before they can touch you, or kite them... both of which require being ranged/caster.

wall of text

A+, most hilarious and on-point rant I've read in awhile

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #23 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 6:34am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 1st, 2016 at 11:46pm:
Check out this solo EE DOJ run.  At 18:50 through the end you'll see a tactical (not tactful, different word entirely) use of terrain.

Uh huh. Very tactful standing in plain sight behind a step just outside their aggro range. The boss that aggroes the toon alone without calling for back up because "reasons" is also very funny.

Golden is truly uber when it comes to raiding but don't tell me that is tactICAL use of terrain. That is clever use of mobs stupidity. 4 out of 10 for the try

A tactical use of terrain is when you use coverage to protect yourself from monsters or ...pff....I dunno... standing right outside a door to force monsters in fighting in groups of 3 or 4 (pretty much all we ever use).
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2016 at 6:39am by Artorias »  

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #24 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 7:30am
Print Post  

Then again: you address "you guys" with a little "Oh, I know things!" tone, when in fact no one was talking about melee. First there was just people unable to read and now there are fucking retards like you who see things not written.

Told ya you condescending dipshit: fuck off from these forums. You are a pathetic example of a pile of shit.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint