Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Discussion about ranged on the mobos (Read 7674 times)
UurlockYgmeov
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Discussion about ranged on the mobos
Sep 5th, 2016 at 5:13pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Discussion about ranged on the mobos
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2016 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 3rd, 2016 at 12:45am:
Coming up with a build that can kill the kobold in 10s even if it sucks at everything else in the game will just get stuff nerfed for no reason.  All the devs will hear about from the mobo paladins is "OMGZ  10 SECONDZ MANYSHOOTZ TIMEZ!!!!111!!  NERFZ THEM!!!111"

aaahahahaha.....

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 5th, 2016 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
OMG Uurlock made it into the vault! The question is: is it the same idiot from the mobos?

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Sep 5th, 2016 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Fixing the description is easier.  All they need to do is wait until next summer when Lynnabell is back to get that done, since none of their other developers can be bothered with making the game not lie to the player base.

Fixing the bug would take actual development time.  For a problem that is a non-problem.  So it would be a waste of time.

Ignoring both the incorrect description and the potential bug is also an option.  That is what they have done for many years now, so the impetus to change their apathy is minimal.

Now, knowing what we do about how Turbine operates, who wants to make book on which of their three options they will select?
1) Fix the description to match how it works;
2) Fix the code to match what the description states;
3) Do nothing.

Item 3 deserves a time limit to keep it from being too open ended.  Let's say 'Do nothing for the next calendar year.'  That gives Lynnabell time to return and fix the description, and also a reasonable amount of time for them to fix the code, should they choose that route.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #4 - Sep 5th, 2016 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
just get rid of the thread about killing kobolds fast.

No one on the mobos is smart enough to reproduce that, let alone test it.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2016 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 5th, 2016 at 9:41pm:
just get rid of the thread about killing kobolds fast.

No one on the mobos is smart enough to reproduce that, let alone test it.

Meh.  They know already.  I vote that they just legitimize the combo.  I'd rather see them impact ranged characters with some more intelligent quest design, AI, and game play. 

Nerfing the DPS isn't really the solution.  If ranged characters were standing still and attacking, I think they should do that kind of DPS.  The problem is their mobility + DPS + mob AI/Quest mechanics.  There are other solutions I'd recommend.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #6 - Sep 5th, 2016 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 5th, 2016 at 10:36pm:
Meh.  They know already.  I vote that they just legitimize the combo.  I'd rather see them impact ranged characters with some more intelligent quest design, AI, and game play. 

Nerfing the DPS isn't really the solution.  If ranged characters were standing still and attacking, I think they should do that kind of DPS.  The problem is their mobility + DPS + mob AI/Quest mechanics.  There are other solutions I'd recommend. 

Better idea, I've suggested this for 4 or 5 years, have mobs do more ranged damage and target ranged characters.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 5th, 2016 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Sep 5th, 2016 at 5:38pm:
OMG Uurlock made it into the vault! The question is: is it the same idiot from the mobos?

He has already been here previously and given a boot party.  Total meltdown last year, search 'try hard'.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #8 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 12:45am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 5th, 2016 at 5:36pm:
aaahahahaha.....

Pretty much. 

That entire "how fast can we kill the kobold thread" on here was really no better than that intern who spilled the beans while trying to show off how she knew the ship runspeed buff had been broken a while.  Nothing good could come from either of them.  People just did it for bragging rights without thinking about the potential consequences.

« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2016 at 12:46am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 1:31am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 12:45am:
People just did it for bragging rights without thinking about the potential consequences

We did it for the data.

Pretty sure the 10 seconds can be beat by stacking killer, on a ranger, using a scripted rotation to maximize Unbridled, Adrenaline, Inferno Shot, Sniper Shot, and Aimed Shot. We didn't bother going that far, though.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 2:49am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 12:45am:
Nothing good could come from either of them.  People just did it for bragging rights without thinking about the potential consequences.

Pretty much the exact same situation as when your parents decided to breed.

You're an idiot if you think Turbine monitors this forum to look for ways to nerf the game.  There are so many YouTube videos which show in much better detail exactly what the power creep has done to the state of the game.  They don't need to bother with anything discussed here.  Maybe years ago, or if someone posts some fantastic new exploit.  But not just how to push buttons for the win using the state of the game as it exists.

Huh  <-- My face when I realized that I could have ended that last paragraph after "You're an idiot."

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #11 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 4:42am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 5th, 2016 at 10:36pm:
If ranged characters were standing still and attacking, I think they should do that kind of DPS.  The problem is their mobility + DPS + mob AI/Quest mechanics.

Usually ranged characters have half the defenses of a melee and no more dps than good melee build, that's why they need to move constantly. If you reduce or negate it's mobility by forcing them to stand still it would be the end of ranged characters. What's the point on rolling a RANGED toon if you have to stand still like a melee to do decent damage? You may be better just rolling a melee who, usually, can take more than 1 hit on LE raids then.
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2016 at 4:42am by () »  

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that KNN has brought a BUNCH of stupid from users on this forum out in the open

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Some of you got baited real bad in an attempt to troll him back.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 6:42am
Print Post  
Someone needs to make a kobold kill video with a pure ranger and post it. Just for the comedy that would ensue.
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2016 at 6:44am by »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 9:54am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 2:49am:
There are so many YouTube videos which show in much better detail exactly what the power creep has done to the state of the game.

Searching YouTube is too hard for them. They don't know what keywords to use. They can only nerf when people post in achievements. The tree nerf, for example, is happening only because of that EE DoJ post.
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2016 at 9:55am by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #14 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 1:31am:
We did it for the data.

Pretty sure the 10 seconds can be beat by stacking killer, on a ranger, using a scripted rotation to maximize Unbridled, Adrenaline, Inferno Shot, Sniper Shot, and Aimed Shot. We didn't bother going that far, though.

Shouldn't have been done on the public forums where the occasional mobo paladin can wander over here and see.  They try to make themselves look better by dragging everyone else down to their level.  This provides easy ammunition for their petty personal agendas.

The worst part about it is that for 9 (probably 9.8) out of 10 of the forum paladins (or Fran(k)), you could spoon feed them a top-tier DPS build and they'd be lucky to get mid-tier DPS out of it.  That doesn't stop them from crying for it to be nerfed to uselessness so that someone else doesn't have a shinier toy than their turn-undead spec'd cleric.

Case in point, lately I'm seeing people running Eth's undead shiradi build who can barely outdamage a sword and board paladin.

« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2016 at 1:55pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #15 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 2:49am:
Nothing of substance.

Huh  <-- My face when I realized that I could have ended that last paragraph after "You're an idiot."

Roll Eyes <-- My face when I realized how butthurt you are over the thread about the new crafting system.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Disregarding any discussions about balance, I don't see what's so hard about simply fixing the fucking tooltips to describe what the skills actually do. Do that first, and THEN talk about balance. But any mobo discussions on any issue will go nowhere when nobody has any idea what the fuck turbine actually wants to do with their abilities. No fruitful discussion can ever be had when we have no clear framework within which to work, and when turbine has all the excuses to move the goalposts to wherever they arbitrarily want them to be.

This has been a constant problem for years. We have no idea what's a bug, what's a tooltip mis-description, what's working as intended, or anything else. Someone on the mobos inquires, and they get no answer. Then everyone starts building around the ability which doesn't work as the tooltip describes... and the tooltip still hasn't been updated to reflect its actual effect.

How long has it been since adrenaline/fury eternal has been working with ranged? It's been as long as I can remember. It's fucking retarded how turbine can't even be assed to fix small typos which would actually make a world of difference. I'm reading that only now, they're finally updating ED innate descriptions to properly include ranged power...

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
I just read that whole thread...
1.  I need a better hobby
2.  These people would be considered reatarded if they were orangatangs much less humans.  Other orangatangs would tell their orangatang children, "hey, don't hang out with Bob.  He just ain't right.  Have you seen him try to eat an orange?"

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 2:31pm:
2.  These people would be considered reatarded if they were orangatangs much less humans.  Other orangatangs would tell their orangatang children, "hey, don't hang out with Bob.  He just ain't right.  Have you seen him try to eat an orange?"

"retarded" and "orangutan". I'm pretty confident that you're "Bob" in that orangutan conversation/life lesson.

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 3:18pm:
"retarded" and "orangutan". I'm pretty confident that you're "Bob" in that orangutan conversation/life lesson.

Fucking asshole... made me LOL at work now everybody is staring at me...

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 2:31pm:

Well if someone eats an orange in a very crazy way I'd tell my children to not hang out with him.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Roll Eyes <-- My face when I realized how butthurt you are over the thread about the new crafting system.

All I did was point out a few places where the new CC falls far short of what the current system can provide, and at a higher cost.  Less for more.  You're the one who decided to go all Turbine fanboy mode and demonstrate your incredible lack of analytical skills and reading comprehension by claiming that an advantage isn't an advantage.

I get it, you use weapons with a 20/x2 crit profile for the challenge.  You're so fucking elite that you don't need to worry about picking something that is just mechanically better.  Most players like to stack their advantages, but you're so special it hurts.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 4:17pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #23 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
So this guy goes to the bank and asks to speak with a manager. He tells the manager he wants $50k for a small business loan. The manager asks for some details about the business.

"Well," the guy says "I'm a chemist and I want to start a business sellng my latest invention."

"What is it?" The manager asks.

The chemist holds up a small vial of amber liquid and says "It's special flavoring agent, you put it on your wife's genetalia and it makes them taste like oranges."

"Get out." The manager says, "That's disgustng, nobody would ever buy that."

The chemist leaves.

Half a year later, the same chemist comes in again and asks to speak to the manager. The manager looks up and says "You again? I told you we're not going to give you a loan, get out of here."

"No, no" the guy says, "I'm here to make a deposit, the teller said $500,000 was too big to process at the window, you have to do it here."

The manager's jaw drops "You made $500,000 selling that obscene liquid you invented"?

"Not exactly" the man says, holding up an identical vial with a pale blue liquid. "I invented this new liquid, you put a drop on an orange ..."

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
() wrote on Oct 16th, 2015 at 1:20pm:
Proposed Change to Manyshot: from 4 arrows per shot to a formula that distributes EITHER 2 or 3 for an average of 2.41

Dev Calculations.

Now:
MS = 20 sec * 4 arrows/sec = 80
10k = 60 sec * 2.75 arrows/sec = 165
Nothing = 25 sec * 1 arrow/sec + 15 sec * 1.29 arrows/sec = 44
Total 289

Proposed (using Tensors for full bab, which is annoying so kindly change that to char level):
MS = 20 * 2.41 = 48
10k = 60 * 1.89 = 113
Nothing = 40 * 1.29 = 52
Total 213

you nigger faggots have no idea how bad this is for ranged builds.  if they implement this gay, jew, cuckolding, the adrenaline charged slayer arrows, whose damage gets applied to 4 arrows on every burst when manyshoting, will now only get applied to 2.41 arrows: that's an immediate DPS decrease of 44%.  If they nerf slayer arrow on top of this (they already said they would), that's going to tip the scales to well over a 50% drop in DPS (assuming they take only 6% damage off of slaying arrows, which they won't; it'll be more than that) and represent the single biggest nerfing, not just in ddo, but in video game history! 

no one, in any game, ever, has taken so many quality builds and just chucked them in the trash heap in a hearbeat.  this is the most authoritarian, heavy handed, "we just don't like that some people are uber" approach to video game management that I have ever seen: it reeks of incompetence (or they wouldn't be forced into a series of such drastic changes, endless patches, multiple hotfixes, etc.) and a lack of long-term planning (they literally have their heads completely up their asses.)  the funny thing is, those mathmetically illiterate assholes think they're dropping ranged DPS by "only 26.3%" because they have absolutely no command of basic arithmetic.  we're not talking equations here, were talking basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.  the developers are obviously products of a public education system that has failed to teach even minimal competence in math, and now ddo players are paying the price.

this "balancing" act is full of aids and fail; i really with the devs would drink bleach instead of fucking with the game evey 5 mins. "just because."

Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint