Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Wanna bet? (Read 7735 times)
m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Wanna bet?
Jul 3rd, 2017 at 3:32am
Print Post  
Will they put wlok on 75% sale during the summer sales?

My guess, sure.  Roll Eyes

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Re: Wanna bet?
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 8:21am
Print Post  
Well since its been nurfed to being 75% shittier since the day it came out.. I think thats only fair..

How many times has it been nurfed now? This will be what? Like 8x now?.. awesome....

IP Logged

Jeff_Stryker
Waterworks Kobold

Zero

Reply #2 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Jul 3rd, 2017 at 8:21am:
Well since its been nurfed to being 75% shittier since the day it came out.. I think thats only fair..

How many times has it been nurfed now? This will be what? Like 8x now?.. awesome....

8? Pfft

C'mon dude it's only, like, four or something.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #3 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 10:13am
Print Post  
It is still by far the easiest class to play on a 1st life, with no gear or in reaper content on a toon with little to no reaper XP.  It went from being 150% easier to being 120% easier to being 100% easier to being 90% easier than any other class in the game.  It is still an easy button.   

I'll bet you will still be running heroic/racial PL's in groups with 4-6 warlocks in them after this change...

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #4 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Debating doing just that foe next three racial lives since AA is going away from xbows.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #5 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 3rd, 2017 at 10:13am:
It is still by far the easiest class to play on a 1st life, with no gear or in reaper content on a toon with little to no reaper XP.  It went from being 150% easier to being 120% easier to being 100% easier to being 90% easier than any other class in the game.  It is still an easy button.   

I'll bet you will still be running heroic/racial PL's in groups with 4-6 warlocks in them after this change...

Or groups of 50% Arties/ 50% Warlocks.

Or Warlocks with Arty splashes.

Not much will change, really.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

knockcocker
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jul 4th, 2017 at 3:17am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 3rd, 2017 at 10:13am:

Which is why it wasn't a great idea as it hurts noobs not vets.  ES Warlock was (and still is, just not as
good) a great catchup build as it's impossible to fuck up and is like a cockroach.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #7 - Jul 4th, 2017 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Jul 3rd, 2017 at 3:05pm:
Or groups of 50% Arties/ 50% Warlocks.

Or Warlocks with Arty splashes.

Not much will change, really.

Yep.

The basic design behind warlock was so moronic that there is no proper way of nerfing them, the very basic prinicple how the class works is making it perfect for speedfarming.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jul 4th, 2017 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jul 4th, 2017 at 3:11pm:
Yep.

The basic design behind warlock was so moronic that there is no proper way of nerfing them, the very basic prinicple how the class works is making it perfect for speedfarming.

yup.

arty with new changes becomes the second best class in heroics. warlock is god tier. the upcoming nerfs do not do enough. tier 5 se with wave, consume/stricken, cone, high charisma for necro and cc spells, synergizes with wave and cone for free dps. .

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #9 - Jul 5th, 2017 at 1:40am
Print Post  
im trying a sorc life this life and warlock is just so much better in every way. Maybe different if i wasn't fleshy but still.

I could see robot wiz being a nice TR since you have the spell slots for repair. A BF Sorc with 2 pally might have been good too I guess, since melee with some twink gear and EK cleave is amazing until like level 5 or 6

IP Logged

Jeff_Stryker
Waterworks Kobold

Zero

Reply #10 - Jul 5th, 2017 at 7:05am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jul 5th, 2017 at 1:40am:
im trying a sorc life this life and warlock is just so much better in every way. Maybe different if i wasn't fleshy but still.

I could see robot wiz being a nice TR since you have the spell slots for repair. A BF Sorc with 2 pally might have been good too I guess, since melee with some twink gear and EK cleave is amazing until like level 5 or 6

Reaper?

Done my WF lives otherwise I'd probably have given that a go.  I played nothing
but a WF sorcerer for about 5 years and remember it well.  In terms of burst DPS
I think a decent savant (if you have the DCs) still significantly out DPSes a
Warlock.  However, survivability is much better on a Warlock.  This is all washes
out in high skull where DC wins I think.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #11 - Jul 5th, 2017 at 9:41am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 4th, 2017 at 7:13pm:
consume/stricken

No shit, 600 Stricken crits at level 6 or 7.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFlsefe-VKY

harharharhar wrote on Jul 5th, 2017 at 1:40am:

Scorch and Fireball ( not the sla nonsense ) and DBF is alright.
Pretty tanky if you go with EK for medium or light - can get decent ac with shield too.

But still doesn't hold a candle to even the basic free warlock attacks like chain or cone. Evards is just retarded.

The class is the biggest fucking mistake of the "dev team" and shows how much thought and "our data shows" goes into implementing new shit lol.

« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2017 at 9:50am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jul 5th, 2017 at 10:34am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jul 5th, 2017 at 9:41am:

Wave is stupid, too once it's meta'd. At level 14 I can crit for 600 on just the force/light damage, then there is the pact damage which gets as high as 200, then it triggers two more times.... On average it does around 1k. My character isn't even op just using 30 spell crit, 200+ spell power, and max+emp.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #13 - Jul 5th, 2017 at 11:11am
Print Post  
~YMMV whores~

robot wiz/sorc is fucking trash IMO
wiz is just too weak until lvl ~12
honestly bard is better than both of them
you get an SLA shout @ 3 and their damage / charms can solo a lot of stuff well

Charming is the new meta, and an SLA suggestion @ lvl 2 (with another spell soon after) is OP as fuck.
add to that UMD and movement speed and well... gg
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2017 at 11:36am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Jeff_Stryker
Waterworks Kobold

Zero

Reply #14 - Jul 5th, 2017 at 12:14pm
Print Post  

You can crit with Niac's ~450 at about the same level with a 4s instead of
10s cooldown and a 34% crit chance.  There's no DC for Stricken though and it
has no cost - which seems like a mistake.  Hitting something with it is retarded
as fuck - GL if they even flinch before it hits them.  I'd give it an SP cost and a
save.  Same with Consume.

Quote:
But still doesn't hold a candle to even the basic free warlock attacks like chain or cone. Evards is just retarded.

The class is the biggest fucking mistake of the "dev team" and shows how much thought and "our data shows" goes into implementing new shit lol.

Cone could maybe, grudgingly, be turned down a notch or two (i.e. same
spellpower as Chain).  Evards is great, no argument, but always seems to
be on CD.  Still think Sorcerer burst DPS is higher - it just costs more to
do and is much, much more build and PL dependant. i.e. with PLs and BiS
gear, Niacs is almost no fail.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Jul 3rd, 2017 at 3:32am:
Will they put wlok on 75% sale during the summer sales?

My guess, sure.  Roll Eyes

Will they put X on sale during the summer sales?

Will they put X on sale urine the summer sales?

Did Trump pay whores to piss on Obama's bed in Russia?

Hey, let's all start a thread with no value!

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 1:47pm
Print Post  

Your video failed to call out the saves where zero damage was done.

Scorch and Fireball ( not the sla nonsense ) and DBF is alright.
Pretty tanky if you go with EK for medium or light - can get decent ac with shield too.

Scorch is an SLA,  Fireball is an SLA.  Dunno why you would call them nonsense as they are key parts of the spell rotation for a Sorc.

I don't fear Warlocks, why do you?
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2017 at 1:49pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

knockcocker
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jul 7th, 2017 at 1:47pm:
Your video failed to call out the saves where zero damage was done.

I don't think there is a save for the damage - just the hamp reduction (according to wiki).

However targeting is wonky as fuck so they probably weren't missed saves; just misses.  I've found
that it's best to line a mob up like you would with IPS, so if it moves, it moves toward you and you might still hit it.

« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2017 at 2:49pm by knockcocker »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #18 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Jeff_Stryker wrote on Jul 5th, 2017 at 7:05am:
Reaper?

Done my WF lives otherwise I'd probably have given that a go.  I played nothing
but a WF sorcerer for about 5 years and remember it well.  In terms of burst DPS
I think a decent savant (if you have the DCs) still significantly out DPSes a
Warlock.  However, survivability is much better on a Warlock.  This is all washes
out in high skull where DC wins I think.

I don't run anything but reaper now

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #19 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 5th, 2017 at 10:34am:
Wave is stupid, too once it's meta'd. At level 14 I can crit for 600 on just the force/light damage, then there is the pact damage which gets as high as 200, then it triggers two more times.... On average it does around 1k. My character isn't even op just using 30 spell crit, 200+ spell power, and max+emp.

I asked a lot of warlock people on khyber for advice for leveling warlocks, and NO ONE said wave. So I tried it on a whim anyway last life and it was totally amazing. Just one more "kill all mobs in front of me" button to press for like zero SP.

Crazy

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jul 7th, 2017 at 6:58pm:
I asked a lot of warlock people on khyber for advice for leveling warlocks, and NO ONE said wave. So I tried it on a whim anyway last life and it was totally amazing. Just one more "kill all mobs in front of me" button to press for like zero SP.

Crazy

It is so good. Cone shape aoe. Same animation as cone blast or cone cold, which has a far and wide range. The entire class is just dumb. cha based caster that gets umd, the best necro and cc spells, displacement, wings, ottos or hurl, free dots, free cone aoes, good saves to pact stat, kitchen sink.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #21 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jul 7th, 2017 at 1:37pm:
Hey, let's all start a thread with no value!

I feel sorry for you only because both Hi Welcome and Captain Obvious screen names were taken by the time you arrived.

harharharhar wrote on Jul 7th, 2017 at 6:58pm:
I asked a lot of warlock people on khyber for advice for leveling warlocks, and NO ONE said wave.

That's because no one likes you.

Khyber is also full of idiots.

Then again, you could think of it this way: How can you get a serious answer to "Need advice on how to play Warlock, pls"?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2017 at 8:20pm:
I feel sorry for you only because both Hi Welcome and Captain Obvious screen names were taken by the time you arrived.

Awww, did Trump pay whores to piss on your bed in Russia?

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #23 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 1:35am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jul 7th, 2017 at 9:55pm:
Awww, did Trump pay whores to piss on your bed in Russia?

Pretty sure he didn't. Also pretty sure that job would not need a whore, specifically. I'm not saying I am or am not a whore, but last time I peed my bed no one paid me anything. It was also not in Russia, so I guess that did not fit the job qualifications.

Is this like the college fund, or something?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

knockcocker
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 3:37am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 7th, 2017 at 8:02pm:
It is so good. Cone shape aoe. Same animation as cone blast or cone cold, which has a far and wide range. The entire class is just dumb. cha based caster that gets umd, the best necro and cc spells, displacement, wings, ottos or hurl, free dots, free cone aoes, good saves to pact stat, kitchen sink. 

The funny thing is that these aren't the things people are pissing and moaning about on the
mb and are barely being nerf'ed in the great Warlock nerf of U36.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint