Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) New World (Read 8629 times)
Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Re: New World
Reply #75 - Nov 4th, 2021 at 12:49am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 3rd, 2021 at 9:17pm:
Fairly sure that method stopped working when they shifted away from the 2 guaranteed drops and into the raid loot only drops in the chest approach they currently use.

Oh, right, I forgot about that. Kinda makes the exploit useless now... but I'll still place $10 on it working today Grin

Munkenmo wrote on Nov 3rd, 2021 at 9:17pm:
I'm loving this with the light staff. Skills can be fired immediately after a shot. Dodging interrupts the basic attack cooldown, and basic attacks reduce skill cooldowns.  You can basically fire it 50% faster than "intended" without even realising that you're "exploiting"

I'm still working on my life staff macro, but this one is working pretty well:

Code
Select All
<Divine Embrace mapped to Q>
<Swap weapons mapped to `>

LMB down
10ms
LMB up
20ms
Q down
` down
10ms
` up
Q up
200ms

<macro set to repeat while MB9 is held down>

My hatchet macro is working quite well:

Code
Select All
<Must have the 1st row ability that changes your block into a throwing aim>

LMB down
50ms
LMB up
350ms
RMB down
1ms
RMB up
100ms

<macro set to repeat while MB8 is down>

Combine that hatchet macro with the Against All Odds bug and you can just face-melt content. It's a hoot. Use it to get your hatchet leveled up right quick.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #76 - Nov 4th, 2021 at 4:09am
Print Post  
ooh I'm familiar with the hatchet bug, I leveled mine up in the pig farm in a couple of hours.

Good times Cheesy

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #77 - Nov 4th, 2021 at 9:57am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 4th, 2021 at 4:09am:
ooh I'm familiar with the hatchet bug, I leveled mine up in the pig farm in a couple of hours.

Good times Cheesy

Is that the boar exploit I've heard about? Has it been fixed? If not, where is it?

It's weird how it's not a linear path to leveling, in terms of location. There are several areas I haven't even touched that I now out-level. And you can change this path by just going to a different area and picking up the quests there.

...but one of the net results is that I never found the pig farm. I've got some great resource runs, though! Grin

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #78 - Nov 4th, 2021 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
https://i.imgur.com/hgkoRuP.png

Pink is the Boar.

Green are 2 NPC forts, that you can run through, aggro every mob in & then kill them quickly with AOES.

Average mob level for the boar and NPC's is about 45.

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #79 - Nov 4th, 2021 at 11:47pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 4th, 2021 at 7:45pm:
https://i.imgur.com/hgkoRuP.png

Pink is the Boar.

Green are 2 NPC forts, that you can run through, aggro every mob in & then kill them quickly with AOES.

Average mob level for the boar and NPC's is about 45.

Ah, go figure. I just hit Restless Shores for the first time today. I guess I spent too much time crafting or something because I'm already ten levels above the quests.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #80 - Nov 5th, 2021 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Nov 2nd, 2021 at 6:47pm:
Hah! I missed the duping fun by a decade. But I did do a lot of window holding to get past the original goggles room in Abbot!

I am willing to bet that my favorite exploit is still in place in DDO, though no one cares anymore. Way back in the day, back when there were maybe 3 raids, our guild used to hold massive farming trains on Velah. I'd park Qwijy inside the door at the end of VoN 5. We'd send a group in to take her down, but before we killed her, everyone would leave except one person. That person would kill her and get two pieces of raid loot - which, if I remember correctly, could still be passed to other group members.

Then, people would join the group, run upstairs in VoN 5, /death next to the door. Qwijy would grab their stone, place it on the other side of the door, and throw them a rez. VoN 6 would reset to a new instance after everyone left it.

We would get all of the alts of the entire guild flagged for VoN 6 during the week, then run the VoN 6 train for hours upon hours upon hours... sometimes days, I think... burning one flag per run (sometimes two if a piece popped that someone wanted). Then we'd start recruiting non-guild friends too, to use their flag.

Anyway, $10 says this still works Grin

/death does not produce a soul stone anymore unless you are incapped. It sends you straight to your bind point. Double greensteel is the way to go if you want to soulstone yourself.

Also you don't have to reflag the quest anymore. There is a 3 day timer after you complete 6, but you can bypass it with $ or a duped item.

It was fashionable for a while to just run VoN5 over and over again for the XP, skipping 6 completely.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #81 - Nov 16th, 2021 at 6:24pm
Print Post  

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #82 - Nov 16th, 2021 at 6:49pm
Print Post  

The real problem here is their reaction, not the duping. Shutting down all forms of wealth transfer is an incredibly drastic step, particularly in New World. There are a lot of significant gold sinks in the game, and there are no vendors to sell unwanted items to (at all.. unwanted equipment is either sold to other players or salvaged into parts that are used for repairing equipment).

I'll try to put that in DDO terms: Imagine if you had to pay 100,000 plat every five days. Now imagine that there are no vendors to sell equipment to. Then, shut down all forms of player-to-player wealth transfer - no auction house, no person-to-person trading, no guild bank, etc.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #83 - Nov 16th, 2021 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
I assume its a temporary measure until they get the bugs worked out? Obviously the plan isn't to keep it that way going forward. Of course in the interim this means everyone's going to dupe as much as they conceivably can until the exploits get closed(which is what I assume Strake is up to as we speak).

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #84 - Nov 22nd, 2021 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
The game is a clusterfuck right now and this last patch made another shitload of people quit.
« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2021 at 5:07pm by Silky »  

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #85 - Jan 26th, 2022 at 7:03pm
Print Post  

You still playing, Munk?

I'm still grinding away. Put together a full suit of voidbent. All armor expertise was at 590, will all be 600 by tonight. Weapon expertise is lagging. All of my lower-tier tradeskills (gathering, resource crunching) are at 200, but only one I'm close to for higher tier tradeskills is engineering. Still haven't been in Laz or Genesis, but expect with the orb changes I'll be checking those boxes this week sometime.

Thank goodness for the 11pm faction zerg runs that happen on my server. Every night, we hit Sirens, Mines, Myrk, Malev, and Palace. I'd be grinding out expertise for years without that, heh.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #86 - Jan 27th, 2022 at 1:00am
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Jan 26th, 2022 at 7:03pm:
You still playing, Munk?

Negative, hit 60, duped gold, got a 2day ban, logged in after it expired, saw they hadn't removed the gold, logged out & haven't gone back.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #87 - Jan 27th, 2022 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jan 27th, 2022 at 1:00am:
Negative, hit 60, duped gold, got a 2day ban, logged in after it expired, saw they hadn't removed the gold, logged out & haven't gone back.

That's an odd sequence of events. You followed the mantra of "exploit early, exploit often," more or less got away with it, and that caused you to bail?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #88 - Jan 27th, 2022 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jan 27th, 2022 at 1:00am:

Can I have your stuff?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #89 - Jan 27th, 2022 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Jan 27th, 2022 at 11:38am:
That's an odd sequence of events. You followed the mantra of "exploit early, exploit often," more or less got away with it, and that caused you to bail?

I finished the game and won. 

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #90 - Jan 31st, 2022 at 2:34am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jan 27th, 2022 at 8:17pm:
I finished the game and won. 

Fair point Grin

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #91 - Mar 4th, 2022 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Yes it is me on the NW forums Strake!

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #92 - Mar 6th, 2022 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Mar 4th, 2022 at 2:46pm:
Yes it is me on the NW forums Strake!

Hah! I recognized the name you use there but couldn't associate it with someone here.

IP Logged

Kelltore
Waterworks Kobold

I Hate Drama and Hate
People who Start It

Reply #93 - Apr 26th, 2023 at 12:54am
Print Post  
Man, you guys saved my ass like 50 Bones. These are some deep reviews and answered a lot of what I was hoping for, I’m glad I found this post about the Game before dropping cash on it, I don’t know what I expected from a Amazon Owned Company but sounds like it is exactly what I thought would occur happened. Thanks Vaulties!

I’m not here for Clout or Drama, Yet am Consistently Called out for it. My personal issue is not with the Vault but with People who think they are the most intelligent on a Forum when in Reality they are just the Loudest and Most Annoying who think it’s Ok to Bully People when they are dumber than a Box of Jugs- Errrm Rocks.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #94 - Apr 26th, 2023 at 12:36pm
Print Post  

I stopped playing about 3 months ago. A real shame, the game had a lot of good things going for it, but AGS drove it into the ground with their stupid decisions. It ended for me the same way DDO did - one day I realized I was logging in to do a job, not play. The same job I'd been doing for months. And there was no expectation of new content for many more months.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #95 - Apr 26th, 2023 at 1:17pm
Print Post  

lol... just found out New World is shutting down their forums. If that isn't a sign of how bad things have gotten, I don't know what is Grin

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #96 - Apr 27th, 2023 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Damn. I just dropped by to see how New Worlds was doing.

Badly, it sounds like:P

Strake wrote on Apr 26th, 2023 at 12:36pm:
but AGS drove it into the ground with their stupid decisions.

Wanna give me the TL;DR version? I recall there were some exploits and to counter this they removed all forms of monetary-transfer.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #97 - Apr 27th, 2023 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 27th, 2023 at 3:07pm:
Wanna give me the TL;DR version?

Whew... I dunno if there's enough space for even a tl;dr. I'll just give a couple of highlights:

1) Not enough new content. Content drips out at a terrible pace.

2) Adopting the idea that "grind == content." No, replaying the same content over and over and over does not count as new content.

3) They did something similar to epic dungeons in DDO, but didn't actually do any mechanics changes - they just added annoying things like puddles that harm you or limitations on how many times you can dodge (in addition to the standard HP/dmg upscaling). And, again, this was just repeating the same content we'd been playing forever, but now with acid puddles!

4) Lack of separation of PvP and PvE. PvP players tend to be a very vocal group of whiners, always wanting everything but their preferred weapon/mode of play to be nerfed. But when there is no separation between PvP and PvE, nerfing with an eye towards PvP can have very bad effects on PvE, and vice versa.

5) Lack of care regarding QoL. This game doesn't allow for alts - you get one character per server, that's it. But, it's a "classless" game, where every character can be every class. So, that's cool, but it means your character needs a full set of gear for every class you play. Okay, that makes sense... but it gets worse. You need specific gear for each dungeon. You're familiar with monster bane effects, but here they also have monster ward effects (the same as bane, but in reverse - take x% less damage from monster type X). So you need a full set of gear for every dungeon x every class. Plus a full set of gear for each type of crafting. And each type of gathering. And for PvP for each class.

It's nothing short of insane. We're talking something like 30 sets of gear, and that's if you're only playing one class. But I didn't even get to the best part: gearsets didn't exist. At all. You had to search through your inventory (or the 30 different bank inventories) to find every single piece of gear in your set and apply them individually.

Then they introduced dungeons with mixed mob types. So halfway through a dungeon, everyone has to comb their inventory, swap out all gear, and respec. Both are things that you really can't do on the fly - all windows like inventory and char stats (even the map!) take up the whole screen, and there's no way to change that.

Now, just this month they introduced gearsets. But you only get four. You can buy more - $5 apiece, up to a total of 8 gearsets. Buuuut... as I mentioned, you need something like 30 sets of gear just for one class... and you have one character, so you're very likely going to have multiple classes.

(Disclaimer: you can get by with fewer sets of gear. I'm assuming that, like me, many people have variances within the sets, for example, I had varying mixes of heavy, medium, and light armor for varying classes).

6) Stupid decisions. A while back, a vocal group of idiots on the forum started calling for "fresh start" servers, saying they or their friends really wanted to play NW but were turned off by reports of past exploits and duping. They wanted new servers that could not be transferred into. Which kinda sounded like a good idea, except it would have the effect of further splintering a dwindling player population (that was already a critical issue, because of the next bullet).

7) Server population. This game is incredibly dependent on having just the right population on a server. Too much population results in severe resource competition, making it difficult to play large portions of the game. Not enough population and a large portion of the content (PvE and PvP) became unplayable/unattainable. And this window was pretty small - 500-1500 active daily players seemed to be the good range.

8) Poor balancing. Some metas have stuck around for a long time, mostly because their advantage was so far ahead of the nearest alternate option that there really was no option at all. For example, armor. Heavy armor would absorb more damage, but light armor gave you 20% more dps and the ability to dodge out of harm's way. Then there were damage mitigation effects related to dodging that were better than heavy armor in their own right.

In other words, light armor had better damage, armor, and mobility. For more than a year. They recently nerfed it pretty hard, but it's still the meta.

Meta will happen. But it should never be that far ahead of alternate options... and certainly not for that long.

9) Poor random grouping. "Outpost Rush", or OPR, is a 20-30 vs 20-30 PvP match. You can sign up as a group or solo. The problem is that OPR basically comes down to "whomever has a pocket healer wins." And premade groups tend to have a healer in their group.

Maybe it's just a (common) (mis-)perception, but it seems premade groups always end up on the same side. Even if that's just a feeling and not real, it is definitely the case that there is often severe imbalance between healers on either side. The long and short of it is that if you are joining as a solo player (or a group without a healer), you will most likely lose.

Same goes for their 3v3 random arenas. Any group without a healer automatically loses, and premades almost always win over solo queuers.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #98 - Apr 27th, 2023 at 4:44pm
Print Post  

and that's the tl;dr... Grin

IP Logged

The Grandest of Fellows
Titan Demolisher

Hail Friends!