Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Pay to Win (Read 24585 times)
Azog
Ex Member

Re: Pay to Win
Reply #50 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 8:45am
Print Post  
I will use the Sicilian Defense:

DDO is not pay to win. Whoever says it is, is a fucking, stupid, retarded piece of radioactive worthless shit.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #51 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 10:20am
Print Post  
DDO is a dead horse, even if you Pay to Win on a dead horse you still lose.

It stands to reason that there is no Pay to Win in DDO, there's only Pay to Lose.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #52 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 10:20am:

It stands to reason that there is no Pay to Win in DDO, there's only Pay to Lose.

It's still a cheap entertainment...

I'm just back from the movie, Went to see Guardians of the Galaxy... I haven't been in ages... 11 Euros... for a Two hours movie...
Bloody Hell... DDO is less expensive than that and I still spend ( way ) more than two hours per month being entertained by it.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 10:35am:
It's still a cheap entertainment...

I'm just back from the movie, Went to see Guardians of the Galaxy... I haven't been in ages... 11 Euros... for a Two hours movie...
Bloody Hell... DDO is less expensive than that and I still spend ( way ) more than two hours per month being entertained by it.

Ah it's just not the same reading your posts without ridiculous apostrophe eye candy!!!  Where's your inner 14 year old girl?!? Did you kill her???

Did you drink whiskey instead of going for ice cream?!?

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 10:20am:

After reading your words, I was like "totally. Crap." But then I thought "hey...if DDO is dying, then it's pay to lose time, pay to reduce yourself. After all, you could be following some other pursuit."

Damn.

It's worse than what you wrote.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #55 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
P2w elements means it is pay to win.  It doesn't have to be full blown gives us 5 dollars per level to be so.

The artificially low drop rates in the two new raids because of raid bypass timers should be enough to rival nearly any korean mmo where you collect 57 boar bladders by killing 100,000 monkey pirates...or just pay for the convenience of bypassing that quest.  The fact that most people just dupe their bypass timers also has something to do with this.

Just because something is less pay to win, doesn't make it not pay to win.

Ultimately it is their game, and as I said before 99% of what they add or do not add really doesn't affect my gameplay so I really do not care...however I do recognize the few things that very much are p2w.  I just dont give a fuck.

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #56 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Warner Bros. is the only one that wins at the P2W aspect.

You keep paying for fucked up code hoping that they will produce something better, they win because they keep allowing crappy code to be released.  I think the people paying and expecting different results fit the definition of insanity.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

GermanicusMaximus
Dragon Raider

Thou shalt have no other
trolls before me.

Reply #57 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 5:02am:
You simpleton ass to tongue scraping mouth breather.

You are way out of line here. "Ass to tongue" (or more appropriately "tongue to ass") is Yobai's exclusive territory. Thrudh can vouch for that.  Cool

Family, Country, and the US stock market. Although, in a pinch, any convertible currency or liquid asset will do.

Yobai wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 6:15pm:
I would rather give Thrudh a rim job.

Bigjunk wrote on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 12:21pm:
That is some masterful trolling.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #58 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
to my knowledge anything you can buy in this game you can also get from favor grinding. The only thing i can think of that isnt available on the ddo store for TP is that lvl 1 permanent cleric hireling. please correct me if im wrong.

this means you dont NEED to pay for shit ever. However, if you choose to circumvent the intentionally gay and retarded grinds by paying money, you have that option. this means that people can reach the same level of "winning" by either spending 1000 years playing or spending 1000 dollars. it is NOT pay to win, but it is intentionally designed in a manner that makes any person who values their life prefer to pay for things rather than grind endlessly for them.

"pay to win" is the rallying cry of people too stupid to figure out what they are actually upset about. you are upset that the game is designed to require absurd amounts of grinding, and that instead of addressing that issue they give you work arounds that cost real life dollars.

dont get me wrong, i also hate that everything sucks unless you pay money in this game. its such a poor design. they actually expect to make money on people not wanting to deal with game mechanics. "if we make something suck bad enough, people will pay to avoid it." I dont understand how turbine can rationalize making a game so bad that you pay to not play it. They put retarded timers on raids, and then ask you to pay to circumvent those timers. they require shitloads of XP, and then sell you xp stones. they add system after system, and then sell you means of bypassing the grind involved with those systems.

People say that bugs and nerfs drive away players. I bet that monetizing everything drives away just as many if not more. If given the choice between playing another game, ginding endlessly for years to achieve minor goals, or paying a shit load of money to achieve your goals, any logical person would just fuck off and play something that doesnt suck. only diehards would select the grind or pay options. This game cant survive on diehards. just look at the player population graphs from oracle. People are sick of the bullshit and fucking off to greener pastures, and spending money on other games because this game doesnt deserve their money.

Dont cry about the game being pay to win. cry that the game is designed to make you want to pay money to avoid playing it as indended

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

GermanicusMaximus
Dragon Raider

Thou shalt have no other
trolls before me.

Reply #59 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 8:04am:
You would find it ironic that many of the folks exploiting will buy a box  from turbine to dupe it. Somehow they think they are getting a good deal since they get to use a box 5 times. Yet these customers would not have bought the box in the first place without the exploit. Turbine is aware of this ironic situation.

Meh, it is all just money to Turbine. Turbine is less picky than a $2 whore when it comes to making money.

Family, Country, and the US stock market. Although, in a pinch, any convertible currency or liquid asset will do.

Yobai wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 6:15pm:
I would rather give Thrudh a rim job.

Bigjunk wrote on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 12:21pm:
That is some masterful trolling.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #60 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I will use the Sicilian Defense:

DDO is not pay to win. Whoever says it is, is a fucking, stupid, retarded piece of radioactive worthless shit.

You sure that's not the IMARANGER Defense?

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I will use the Sicilian Defense:  DDO is not pay to win. Whoever says it is, is a fucking, stupid, retarded piece of radioactive worthless shit.

I will use the Sicilian Offense:  Vaffanculo!!!

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

ddofanboy
Korthos Resident

Three cheers for Turbine!!!!

Reply #62 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
GermanicusMaximus wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 1:49pm:
Meh, it is all just money to Turbine. Turbine is less picky than a $2 whore when it comes to making money.

Turbine Inc, like every company on the fucking planet, it is about making money.  WHat a brilliant fucking observation..

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Here's what I need to quickly create the most awesome toon ever on an alternate account:

8000 Astral Shards: 43,160 TP
51 Heroic Otto's: 254,745 TP
12 Iconic Hearts: 17,940 TP
12 Epic Otto's: 59,940 TP
51 +5 Lesser Hearts: 81,345 TP
100 Sovereign XP Elixirs: 47,900 TP
6 +6 Stat Tomes: 35,430 TP
All +4 Skill Tomes: 9980 TP
600 Raid Timer Bypasses: 90,000 TP
1000 Lasting Elixirs of Supreme Ability: 32,000 TP
200 Supreme Spirit Cakes: 70,000 TP
400 Superior SP Potions: 7180 TP

I'll handle all the account stuff (such as expansion packs, content, and so on...) So we're looking at 749,620 TP at the cost of approximately $6600.  Let's round it up to $7000 for the hell of it.  I may have forgotten some stuff.

So give me $7000, and I'll take one of my alternate accounts and put a Heroic and Epic Completionist with 39 Heroic Past Lives, 12 Iconic Past Lives, 12 Epic Past Lives, and all Epic Destinies finished on it.  I'll use the Shard Exchange to help kit it out.  You can pick any reasonably powerful build on the forums that you want me to finish as, and I'll finish with all the optimal kit for that build (save the Epic Ring of Spell Storing, which I don't need anyway, thanks to my SP Potions).

I could probably do this in one month, but I'd prefer to do it in two or three.  Let's be reasonable and say that for $7000, I can, in three months, have the most powerful possible toon in existence for the low, low cost of $7000.  Who wants to pony up so I can win?

If you want to win, you can add another $30,000 to the price tag, for a total of $37,000, and I'll hand the account over to you once I've created the toon.   Grin
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2014 at 5:40pm by IMARANGER »  

I agree with 0bama...

Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

Nuckinfutz
Titan Demolisher

The Pig's a tease.

Reply #64 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
IMARANGER wrote on Aug 15th, 2014 at 8:06pm:
Yes, DDO has gone with full-on P2W.  If you think it's not, you are a dumb loser.  Reasonable people can disagree about whether or not the P2W model is a good one, but only unreasonable forumtards and basement dwellers argue that DDO isn't P2W.  There are more of those in this thread than there are on the entire DDO Vault:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/446913-Pay-to-quot-win-quot

Turbine seems to have done a pretty good job of easing folks into the full-on P2W model.  It won't be long before they can sell anything at all in the DDO Store and the game still won't be considered P2W by some of these forumtards.

This is stupidity beyond compare. If you can grind it out of the game then it's not pay 2 win. It's pay to conserve time.

If it's in the store and you CANT grind it out of the gam, THAT's pay to win.

And speaking of the DDO store, they dont have what you need. +100 IQ point tome.

Felgor wrote on May 21st, 2013 at 3:45am:
DDO died a long time ago, we just all have trouble admitting it.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #65 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
IMARANGER wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 5:28pm:
Here's what I need to quickly create the most awesome toon ever on an alternate account:

8000 Astral Shards: 43,160 TP
51 Heroic Otto's: 254,745 TP
12 Iconic Hearts: 17,940 TP
12 Epic Otto's: 59,940 TP
51 +5 Lesser Hearts: 81,345 TP
100 Sovereign XP Elixirs: 47,900 TP
6 +6 Stat Tomes: 35,430 TP
All +4 Skill Tomes: 9980 TP
600 Raid Timer Bypasses: 90,000 TP
1000 Lasting Elixirs of Supreme Ability: 32,000 TP
200 Supreme Spirit Cakes: 70,000 TP
400 Superior SP Potions: 7180 TP

I'll handle all the account stuff (such as expansion packs, content, and so on...) So we're looking at 749,620 TP at the cost of approximately $6600.  Let's round it up to $7000 for the hell of it.  I may have forgotten some stuff.

So give me $7000, and I'll take one of my alternate accounts and put a Heroic and Epic Completionist with 39 Heroic Past Lives, 12 Iconic Past Lives, 12 Epic Past Lives, and all Epic Destinies finished on it.  I'll use the Shard Exchange to help kit it out.  You can pick any reasonably powerful build on the forums that you want me to finish as, and I'll finish with all the optimal kit for that build (save the Epic Ring of Spell Storing, which I don't need anyway, thanks to my SP Potions).

I could probably do this in one month, but I'd prefer to do it in two or three.  Let's be reasonable and say that for $7000, I can, in three months, have the most powerful possible toon in existence for the low, low cost of $7000.  Who wants to pony up so I can win?

If you want to win, you can add another $30,000 to the price tag, for a total of $37,000, and I'll hand the account over to you once I've created the toon.   Grin

Give all that to new player, and what will you get?
Hero inc member.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #66 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 1:43pm:
"pay to win" is the rallying cry of people too stupid to figure out what they are actually upset about

I fucking lol'd ..... summed up in a nutshell Grin

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Nuckinfutz wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 6:29pm:
If you can grind it out of the game then it's not pay 2 win. It's pay to conserve time.

You obviously have an IQ of 80 or worse.  So sad.  Dumdum.

Let me try to help a miserable retard like you use your brain.  According to you, buying the Epic Sword of Shadow in the DDO Store for $1 wouldn't be P2W.  According to you, if it takes, on average, 50 years to grind out the best item (let's suppose it instantly kills everything you hit) in the game (which happens to be available in the DDO Store for $1) that wouldn't be P2W either.

Your IQ sucks.  For 100,000 TP, you might be able to buy a half-functioning brain.

I agree with 0bama...

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #68 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
How does it hurt your game experience if someone bought his way to completionist? Roll Eyes
So what if they put esos in store?
What will this change for you?
How about you quit with the childish insults and use logic for once?
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2014 at 7:21pm by Viktor Vaughn »  

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 7:00pm:
Give all that to new player, and what will you get? Hero inc member.

Irrelevant.  Giving a completely new retard all that shit wouldn't do much for them.  Sure.  I agree.  That's also totally irrelevant.

I agree with 0bama...

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 7:20pm:
How does it hurt your game experience if someone bought his way to completionist? Roll Eyes
So what if they put esos in store?
What will this change for you?
How about you quit with the childish insults and use logic for once?

I didn't say that P2W hurts my game experience.  I haven't complained about people buying their way to Completionist.  I haven't said that Turbine shouldn't put the eSOS in the Store.

Why so bitchy, you sad little bitch?  You're the one who needs to get some logic, dumdum.  Also, #bringbackreadingcomprehension.

I agree with 0bama...

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #71 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Why you getting so defensive? Cheesy
You need to boost your ego because your life sucks, just keep on insulting.  Grin
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2014 at 7:30pm by Viktor Vaughn »  

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 7:29pm:
Why you getting so defensive?

I don't consider pointing out retardation to be "defensive".   Perhaps you mistakenly think that me correctly pointing out that you're a dumb idiot is a "defensive maneuver".  I would expect that kind of stupidthink from a moron.
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2014 at 7:32pm by IMARANGER »  

I agree with 0bama...

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #73 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
I guess IMABIPOLAR was tired of looking foolish in P&R so he came here for easier marks...

MOAR to skip!

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 7:50pm:
I guess IMABIPOLAR was tired of looking foolish in P&R so he came here for easier marks... MOAR to skip!

Only 4000 more posts until I'm allowed into your Exploit Forum!

I agree with 0bama...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint