Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic State Of XBow Mech For U25 (Read 8375 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

State Of XBow Mech For U25
Apr 1st, 2015 at 10:37am
Print Post  
The mech tree has been updated on Lam. Seeing them now for the first time. Looks unimpressive. From a class split standpoint. Meaning that taking 18 rogue for competence bonus to multiplier seems weaker than just taking 14 levels of paladin and leaving yourself with a way better base than 18 rogue. I suppose some thrower build could take that and swashbuckler stance for the crit range and multiplier(all better than halfling). But back to xbow builds. Is the Mech tier 5 even worth taking over Slayer from AA? I dont think it is.

Compare some builds starting with the 14 paladin base for holy sword. Elf/Morn/Helf for AA racial tree. 4 arty for fusilade. Pretty much all the AP is spent in those 3 trees leaving around 10~ free to spend. The last class split would be 2 fighter levels, probably. Bypasses mechanic and rogue levels, wears heavy armor and self heals with high saves. Having a hard time seeing another xbow build performing better.

To get a comparable critical profile I would otherwise need to have at least 18 rogue levels. Then focus on doubleshot maxing because I cannot have slayer+fusilade. Rest of the ap goes into killer. I'm done. I dont even wanna play that anymore. Holy Sword beats the entire level 18 and 20 mech capstones. And the build only gets better from there.

Giving up the expanded critical range and multipliers and focusing on capping ranged speed and doubleshot. It cannot slayer. Can fusilade. Still not more appealing than paladin.

Mech appears to be better suited to thrower builds than xbow builds.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Re: State Of XBow Mech For U25
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Your assessment neglects to mention "15d6".

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 11:45am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Apr 1st, 2015 at 11:44am:

And "Overperforming on our test results"

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 11:53am
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2015 at 11:54am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 12:21am
Print Post  
Do a barb ranger druid xbow user, trust me on this one, de facto best xbow you can do.

I can if i have will put up a video of it if i get time during weekend.
Prolly wont, but its a plain stupid build.
The cirt rage, crit muli, reload speed shit on literally everything a mechanic can do or a palie split since you can .. borrow palie stuff anyways.

BUt there are other splits you can do, but barb/ranger si a good base, i prefer druid for fatal harrier since really it fucks up dps to be so high when you see 25% att speed on rep xbow with new reload mechanics.
Ap is enough but you cant get full cirtical rage, but still ahead of other ranged builds..
As i said, its sad that you can make a better xbow barb, then rogue or artie in ddo

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #5 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 2:59am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Apr 2nd, 2015 at 12:21am:
Do a barb ranger druid xbow user, trust me on this one, de facto best xbow you can do.

I can if i have will put up a video of it if i get time during weekend.
Prolly wont, but its a plain stupid build.
The cirt rage, crit muli, reload speed shit on literally everything a mechanic can do or a palie split since you can .. borrow palie stuff anyways.

BUt there are other splits you can do, but barb/ranger si a good base, i prefer druid for fatal harrier since really it fucks up dps to be so high when you see 25% att speed on rep xbow with new reload mechanics.
Ap is enough but you cant get full cirtical rage, but still ahead of other ranged builds..
As i said, its sad that you can make a better xbow barb, then rogue or artie in ddo

Spill it.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 7:02am
Print Post  
Sev is proving on a daily basis that he knows nothing about Rogues or playing DDO.

He is a one trick pony.
"Lets see, give'em +1 to Crit range and multiplier, throw in some faster animations, done!"

*2 months later.
Nerf hammer drops.

"Our tests show Mechanics using Great Crossbow outperforming repeaters."

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 8:16am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Apr 1st, 2015 at 11:44am:

I did a quick run of EE tracker on lama few days ago, on boss I was doing ~450 SA damage with repeater mech.
Just saying.

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 9:11am
Print Post  
Tried PDK,Human,Helf,Elf,Shitty Kai so far.
18rogue/2arti
Pure
14pal/6rogue
In all destinies.
Great,Heavy Repeating,Thrower
The most fun i had was throwing philters just saying.

Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:46am:
I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 10:48am
Print Post  

not so sure. crit rage gives +2 crit threat range no multiplier. And blood strength. You cant slayer bolt and have crit rage from both tier 5s? or am i wrong? Assuming tier 5s are mutually exclusive, paladin splits seem superior. holy sword also works off imp crit feat. paladin base saves ap by class granted heals+critical expansion and allows tier 5 from aa. And also getting fusilade.

The 14/6mech paladin build could also be good. but it wont get slayer and fusilade. and i dont think tier 5 mech is better than slayer bolts.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #10 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
What's possible now with Barb (Crit Ragt)/Bard (Swashbuckle)/???(Rogue/Ranger/Fighter for Ranged Power feats) for throwers?

My thoughts would be Shuriken Expertise, and Maxed Doubleshot, +really good crit profile.

Haven't done any math or real planning just curiousv since I totally missed the Barb rebal
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2015 at 1:30pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #11 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
You could on lama take killer both from ranger and rogue and if you take t2 from rogue and t3 from ranger or opposite they would stack.
Had a build with 73 or so sustained dshoot with shuris when i played with it in last lama version.
/was uncenterd ranger rogue monk thing
Dunno if they fixed, but prolly have.

About barb, thing is people alrdy calculated that needle is better then thforged, only option where its worse would be if you had ability to stack crit range n such.

You can drop killer from that build, abuse palie, abuse barb, abuse blood strenght, abuse reload speed with fatall harrier.
Simply said, its dumb as fk dps wise

And they are yet again rushing this update with halfass finished work with no effort.
If i was working in company and did such a job like they do, i would be fired in a matter of few hours.

I want this fixed personally to be honest.
But il be away for 5-6 months from ddo starting next week so idc really wtf happens to ddo in that time as long as im back in time for warlock since its last thing i want to try in ddo.
This game has long since been dead.
I love it still, but its just not the same game i loved back in the day.
The only thing that i still want to do in ddo, as final thing which il try when back from work, is a at level bb solo abbot.
Since i did shroud, i think abbot is the final challenge for me and ultimate when it comes to difficulty
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2015 at 8:28pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Reply #12 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
you can .. borrow palie stuff anyways.

How is this done?
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2015 at 8:22pm by FM »  

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #13 - Apr 3rd, 2015 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
FM wrote on Apr 2nd, 2015 at 8:22pm:
How is this done?

Trade an unbound weapon to a pally to holy sword it. Lots of stuff will reset it but if you play with a bot or a spouse those are probably two that won't refuse to start every quest with a trade window.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 12:33am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Apr 2nd, 2015 at 6:18pm:
About barb

15-20 x4 for holy needle.

15-20 x3 barb raged needle.

The doubleshot on druid and ranger killer is way higher, clearly. Both could manyshot. Paladin would need 2 ranger to do so. The barb gets it from 6 ranger. That level of doubleshot outperforms fusilade and higher crit profile from paladin.

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Reply #15 - Apr 5th, 2015 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Apr 3rd, 2015 at 11:25pm:
Trade an unbound weapon to a pally to holy sword it. Lots of stuff will reset it but if you play with a bot or a spouse those are probably two that won't refuse to start every quest with a trade window.

TYVM

Regarding doubleshot on a repeater, has anyone tested recently to see whether it is applying to each bolt individually or being divided among the three shots?
« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2015 at 2:27pm by FM »  

IP Logged

Bigdickrichguy
Horoluth Raider

I'm gunna put my dick<br
/>in your vag.<br />

Reply #16 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Are mechanics going max-Int or Max-Dex?

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
FM wrote on Apr 5th, 2015 at 2:25pm:
TYVM

Regarding doubleshot on a repeater, has anyone tested recently to see whether it is applying to each bolt individually or being divided among the three shots?

1/3 the chance per bolt  Angry.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint