Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Triple negative GS weapons (Read 10023 times)
DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Re: Triple negative GS weapons
Reply #25 - Sep 2nd, 2015 at 2:46am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 2nd, 2015 at 1:49am:
Nice title!

Okies. Who gots an ooze wpn? Hit the training dummy for a bit, plz.

Wouln't it be funny to fill the guild ship with them, then log out.
Do they go feral when you log out?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #26 - Sep 2nd, 2015 at 4:03am
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Sep 2nd, 2015 at 2:45am:
If it does proc on a dummy can you imagine the griefing potential of getting a ship invite

I'm thinking it won't. There would still be a slim chance it could proc on the woodland critters from the grove (or game hunter, can't remember which).

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Synchrono
Waterworks Kobold

I am not a noun, I am
a VERB.

Reply #27 - Sep 2nd, 2015 at 5:08am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Sep 1st, 2015 at 9:54am:
Ooze-2 is a hoot with IPS and Fusillade.  You will not be disappointed.

Just don't use it in FoT unless you are looking to be a douche... the puddings will bring boom to the party if you stand by TTO and shoot at Reaver for a bit then shift to TTO... talk about griefing...

Accidental discovery on my part once.

For the record Ooze2 ranged items are useful when you deal with bosses that have Random agro and you need to keep them from focusing on the party. I have often used it in underlevel groups running EE Fleshmakers to keep Edgar from smashing through people. Its also handy in a place like WGU with tons of trash to manage. The summoned puddings don't so much as kill as they make a fine distraction so you can focus on other things.  I am a fan of Ooze2 Shuriken.
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2015 at 5:11am by Synchrono »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #28 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 2:00am
Print Post  
Whenever I see ooze start spawning, I start spamming dispel. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #29 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Back in the day of Qwijilack Greenmart Friday Night Fights, Babygirl challenged Hordo to a mustache match - if he lost, he would have to shave his beautiful handlebar mustache off. He got stomped. So I challenged BG to a match for Hordo's honor. If I lost, I'd shave "A&O" into the side of my beard. If she lost, she had to join DON'T U LOVE GORNN.

Betting was pretty heavy for this match. There was more money on me, but that was mostly people showing solidarity with me - the general consensus was that my barb was going to get spanked by her pally.

This was way back in the day when GS ingredients and weapons meant something. To prepare for the match, I crafted a triple-neg scimitar and a triple neg wearable something-or-other, which had a pretty nasty reactive negative damage effect. Then I paired it with the... ummm... hound shield? It would cast heal once in a while.

She couldn't allow me to hit her, and she couldn't hit me - it would cause more damage to her and so little to me that I was healing faster than dying. It was a fun fight... for me, at least. Here's the crappy quality video if you want to watch. My health bar is on the bottom, hers is easy to spot because it keeps moving left, heh.

Anyway, the reason I am interjecting this here is that I know I created a scimitar for the crit range. So I'm guessing some of the effects may have applied on-crit back in the day.

Arkat lost 150kpp for betting on Babygirl  Grin

Also, since I'm posting Qwijilack Greenmart Friday Night Fight videos, here's the Futs (I think the build was called the exploiter - ultra high AC) vs Strakeln video. This was the biggest stalemate fight I've ever seen. The video is the last 22 minutes, after we had to move to a public fighting area because we'd timed out of the arenas... twice... with no deaths.

This one was a stalemate because I couldn't hit his AC, but he couldn't afford to hit me (I had a lot of reactive gear). This left me with only one valid tactic... not an easy one to pull off. Spoilers follow:

Quote:
SPOILER - highlight to read:

I couldn't hit him, and he wouldn't hit me enough to kill himself. Futs' strategy was to try and talk me into allowing myself to be killed (and he had some helpers in the audience). My strategy was to survive long enough for his deathward to wear off, then pull out a vorp and hope for two 20s in a row (one to hit, one to confirm)... a 1:400 chance.

He had been doing good about keeping his deathward up - remember, it's a 10min clickie. He applied it the first time, then the second, but slipped up at 20 min and forgot to reapply. I switched to vorp and swung as fast as I could until it finally hit and confirmed, which it eventually did.

But oh god was it close. If you watch the last few seconds of the fight, you can see that Futs switches goggles and starts to cast deathward. I rolled two 20s in a row and killed him MID-CAST. Not even one second later and it would have been too late.

Futs was so dejected that he logged off then and there (you can see him log out in the video) and quit the game for a couple months, then when he did return, he moved to a different server (supposedly to hang out with his g/f). I felt kinda bad - he was my guildie, and we'd done a lot of duo raiding over the years. But, hey, it's not like I rubbed it in or anything.
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2015 at 6:55pm by Strakeln »  

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #30 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Thanks for sharing a good story of your fond memories, Strakeln.

The game in your story is better than the one we play today.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #31 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
PvP is just taking turns one-shotting eachother nowadays.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint