Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Warlock & Radiance (Read 10503 times)
Dispel
Ex Member

Warlock & Radiance
Nov 3rd, 2015 at 8:04am
Print Post  
Had someone tell me to read Eldritch Burst and read how it says it scales with 100% spell power and doesn't mention Radiance so something something blah blah Radiance won't affect the light damage of your aura etc.

Is this true? Because a ton of people get Radiance items for their warlocks and he was trying to make it out as if they didn't read the enhancement all the way and they were all wrong or something.

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Re: Warlock & Radiance
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 8:08am
Print Post  
No, whoever it is is an idiot.

Quote:
Utterdark Blast: Eldritch Essence Stance: Your Eldritch Blast base damage is now Evil instead of Force.
(Evil Damage from spells is usually boosted by alignment-based Spell power, and normally deals full damage to enemies regardless of enemy alignment, though particular enemies may have special defenses.

Quote:
Radiance (spell boost)
Prefix
Base price modifier: varies
Effect: Passive: +N Equipment bonus to Light and Alignment Spell Power.
For example I have a Radiance effect that gives +60 Spell Power. Now my light and alignment spells do 60% more damage compared to the base damage.
The following non-light spells deal alignment-typed damage and benefit from this type of spell power: [1]
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2015 at 8:10am by totally »  

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #2 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 8:12am
Print Post  
Quote:
Had someone tell me to read Eldritch Burst and read how it says it scales with 100% spell power and doesn't mention Radiance so something something blah blah Radiance won't affect the light damage of your aura etc.

Is this true? Because a ton of people get Radiance items for their warlocks and he was trying to make it out as if they didn't read the enhancement all the way and they were all wrong or something.

This is easily tested.  Roll up an iconic throw-away 14-Warlock/1-whatever, step into GH or Necro slayer area and see what the difference is when you try all the SLAs with and without a Radiance item.

When you're given conflicting information, it's not a bad idea to confirm it for yourself.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #3 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 8:24am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Nov 3rd, 2015 at 8:12am:
When you're given conflicting information, it's not a bad idea to confirm it for yourself.

This too. I have been guilty in the past of accepting info from the wiki at face value, but in this instance, I know it to be true as I have tested it myself Grin

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #4 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 9:00am
Print Post  
totally wrote on Nov 3rd, 2015 at 8:24am:
This too. I have been guilty in the past of accepting info from the wiki at face value, but in this instance, I know it to be true as I have tested it myself Grin

I agree.  Whoever Dispel was talking to was in error.  Radiance items absolutely affect Burst/Blast/etc.

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #5 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 9:23am
Print Post  
The number of times I've had people try to feed me all sorts of shite in game...

Heh, my favorite was a group I was with having a discussion about the where the image of mindflayers comes from, so it got onto the Cthulhu mythos, H P Lovecraft etc, and some douche was trying to convince the rest of the group that there was a genuine historical cult dedicated to the worship of Cthulhu, Yog'Sothoth, Shub-Niggurath, etc, etc. Didn't see the point in arguing. Dude sounded like he was well into middle age as well.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #6 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 9:33am
Print Post  
totally wrote on Nov 3rd, 2015 at 9:23am:
The number of times I've had people try to feed me all sorts of shite in game...

Heh, my favorite was a group I was with having a discussion about the where the image of mindflayers comes from, so it got onto the Cthulhu mythos, H P Lovecraft etc, and some douche was trying to convince the rest of the group that there was a genuine historical cult dedicated to the worship of Cthulhu, Yog'Sothoth, Shub-Niggurath, etc, etc. Didn't see the point in arguing. Dude sounded like he was well into middle age as well.

Let me guess. He believes the Necronomicon is real and the mad arab Abdul Alhazred was a real person too?

Moron.
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2015 at 9:34am by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Dispel
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 9:34am
Print Post  
Yeah k I figured it was weird he was saying that.

I put points into Spellcraft/Perform/Heal and I just purchased a bunch of good Sonic/Radiance gear.

I'm using Utterdark Blast as well.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #8 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Quote:
Yeah k I figured it was weird he was saying that.

I put points into Spellcraft/Perform/Heal and I just purchased a bunch of good Sonic/Radiance gear.

I'm using Utterdark Blast as well.

You should be fine then.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #9 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Nov 3rd, 2015 at 9:33am:
Let me guess. He believes the Necronomicon is real and the mad arab Abdul Alhazred was a real person too?

Don't think I ever ran with him again.

Technomage wrote on Nov 3rd, 2015 at 9:33am:
Moron.

Yes Grin

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #10 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Something I have seen.

When wielding an orb in off hand and stack of scrolls in my main hand aura damage goes down to almost nothing.

I didn't perform any maths but I got the feeling that spell power is not applying to aura damage with scrolls in main hand.

I didn't try with an empty off hand nor did I try with any other SLAs.

I also got some piss poor numbers from aura (Evil, Sonic, and Light damage) when I swapped from Blasting Chime to Spyglass.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Dispel
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 9:58am
Print Post  
I should have went all CON and INT but I went all CON and CHA. I leveled points into CON and tried to leave CHA alone, but if I had gone INT I'd have points out the wazoo and Spellcraft is INT based so yeah I can't wait to hit lvl 28 I want to ETR then I wanna' TR so I can fix this toon. Going to stay human even though I know Bladeforged is better for PRR and that Reconstruct, but I just wanna look skimpy.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #12 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 10:10am
Print Post  
Shoot me a PM with your character name, Dispel, I might have some gear squirreled away that you could get some use from during your TRing.  (Assuming you're on Sarlona again.)

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #13 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Quote:
I should have went all CON and INT but I went all CON and CHA. I leveled points into CON and tried to leave CHA alone, but if I had gone INT I'd have points out the wazoo and Spellcraft is INT based so yeah I can't wait to hit lvl 28 I want to ETR then I wanna' TR so I can fix this toon. Going to stay human even though I know Bladeforged is better for PRR and that Reconstruct, but I just wanna look skimpy.

There is a great discussion thread here on the Vault we had about two months back about CHA vs. INT based warlocks.  Bottom line, you can do either.  Max Con initially and either INT or CHA.  Then pump all your level ups into that same stat.  You can't really go wrong with either approach.  You will get slightly more damage out of the INT focus, but keep in mind that pumping CHA helps your DC's on your pact damage.  The less they can save the more damage you do.  So it's not like CHA doesn't help with the DPS.  And if you like Evards, the enchantment or necro spells or some of the SLA's in the trees to work well, then DC's can matter. 

That said, I ran the INT focused variety and really enjoyed it for 3 PL's on one of my characters.  Fastest leveling ever.  And still strong at end game.

IP Logged

Dispel
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 10:54am
Print Post  
Is it a good idea for a 20warlock all CON and INT to take Insightful Reflexes? No Evasion but still...

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #15 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Quote:
Is it a good idea for a 20warlock all CON and INT to take Insightful Reflexes? No Evasion but still...

Yes.  Warlocks aren't feat starved anyways, so go for it. 

I'd do something like:
Maximize
Empower
Quicken
Mental Toughness
Improved MT
Insightful Reflexes
Completionist/Lightning Reflexes/Something else
Epic Eldritch Blast
Epic MT
Epic Arcane Blast
Ruin
Epic Spell Power Light

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #16 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 11:22am
Print Post  
this is prolly one of my favorite answers ppl usually give when many questions are posed together:

yes.

side note: with all the update blitzkrieg of turbine, we may turn out wrong by next week. Who the heck knows?
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2015 at 11:23am by m4lacka »  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #17 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 11:23am
Print Post  
btw was it knn or 5-foot saying that? Roll Eyes

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #18 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 11:26am
Print Post  
this has to be a fucking trolling angle: are you REALLY going to post a fucking question EVERY TIME you come across someting puzzeling to you, in a new class, that you've never played before?  it's bad enough you decided to come back (instea of, you know, living a life) but this non-stop nigger faggot Q&A session on warlocks is getting beyond stupid.

IP Logged

Dispel
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Nov 3rd, 2015 at 11:26am:
this has to be a fucking trolling angle: are you REALLY going to post a fucking question EVERY TIME you come across someting puzzeling to you, in a new class, that you've never played before?  it's bad enough you decided to come back (instea of, you know, living a life) but this non-stop nigger faggot Q&A session on warlocks is getting beyond stupid.

You're just mad because you saw a thread that wasn't about you.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #20 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
no srsly, stfu with the warlock shit; nobody gives a fuck.
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2015 at 12:10pm by [] »  

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #21 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Quote:

You don't need to be super hung up on Evasion.  It's ok.  Lots of people do fine without Evasion.  You'll need to play a little differently, but it's pretty far from the end of the world.

Asheras wrote on Nov 3rd, 2015 at 11:02am:
Yes.  Warlocks aren't feat starved anyways, so go for it. 

I'd do something like:
Maximize
Empower
Quicken
Mental Toughness
Improved MT
Insightful Reflexes
Completionist/Lightning Reflexes/Something else
Epic Eldritch Blast
Epic MT
Epic Arcane Blast
Ruin
Epic Spell Power Light

If going CHA for DCs, consider Force of Personality and a Spell Focus.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #22 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Nov 3rd, 2015 at 1:21pm:
You don't need to be super hung up on Evasion.  It's ok.  Lots of people do fine without Evasion.  You'll need to play a little differently, but it's pretty far from the end of the world.

If going CHA for DCs, consider Force of Personality and a Spell Focus.

Yeah.  If I was going Charisma, though, the feats get a little tighter. I'd go with:

Maximize
Empower
Quicken
Heighten
SF
Greater SF
Completionist
Wizard PL

Epic Blast
Epic SF
Epic Arcane Blast
Ruin
Epic Light Spellpower

Those are all good feats and there's a bunch more I'd like to have.  I didn't get any of the Mental Toughness feats in here or any of the Spell Pen feats.  As soon as you start going for DC's you get some tough choices between DPS and DC's, and since DC's are so binary it's hard to cut anything out.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #23 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
I am favor of CHA>INT when investing in TS tree for Confusion and Confusion 10% proc from blast effects.

Works pretty good at long range with Enlarge (which also works for Eldritch Ball, Stunning Blast.

INT seems to favor Eldritch Wave and Spirit Blast more.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Baddog
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Maximize and empower do not seem to effect aura or blasts anymore. Toggling them on and off I saw no increase in the dmg.

Is this bugged, working as intended, or I have this wrong?'

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint