Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Exploring Level Scaling (Read 6271 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Exploring Level Scaling
Sep 23rd, 2016 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
As I plan out my gear set, one of my first projects is to get Con + Insightful Con + False Life items made at the various level ranges. Here's what I've found:

Lvl 15: +8 Con, +3 Insightful Con, +29 False Life
lvl 20: +9 Con, +4 Insightful Con, +36 False Life

So 5 extra levels nets you a whopping 2 con points and 7 false life. Not exactly impressive.

But go up 2 additional levels to...

lvl 22: +10 Con, +4 Insightful Con, +39 False Life

I dunno about you, but I think I can make that lvl 15 item last until 22 Tongue

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Exploring Level Scaling
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 23rd, 2016 at 12:45pm:
I dunno about you, but I think I can make that lvl 15 item last until 22

yeah. considering that lv15 item was not available in game until motu and egh. you'll live ;p

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #2 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
its plus +10 at level 21 so make it at 21. This I thought was a good place to make it.

You get your good item at the same time as your Drow weapons and your epic feat. It makes 21 an exciting level to hit.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #3 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
noam is either bad trolling, or he's literally the most stupid motherfucker on this site; totally clueless.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Sep 23rd, 2016 at 1:45pm:
its plus +10 at level 21 so make it at 21. This I thought was a good place to make it.

You get your good item at the same time as your Drow weapons and your epic feat. It makes 21 an exciting level to hit.

Right, as usual.

It does cost 1 pt of False Life, but to get the item an entire level earlier, that's a small price to pay.

My official version will be a ring with a vitality augment and deathblock augment. I feel like that should keep until 26 or so Tongue

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
On second that... 26 only nets you ~3 additional Con points and +9 False Life. Same at 28. I'm frankly not sure it's worth the investment in mats, especially when at 26 a legendary greensteel item starts looking more enticing.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 23rd, 2016 at 3:14pm:
On second that... 26 only nets you ~3 additional Con points and +9 False Life. Same at 28. I'm frankly not sure it's worth the investment in mats, especially when at 26 a legendary greensteel item starts looking more enticing.

If it is BTA then i doubt the mats is going to be much of a problem. I have not looked up the requirements specifically for this item but in most instances, the mats only seem to fuck you when your crafting for others.
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2016 at 3:33pm by Darth Anonymous »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Darth Anonymous wrote on Sep 23rd, 2016 at 3:31pm:
If it is BTA then i doubt the mats is going to be much of a problem. I have not looked up the requirements specifically for this item but in most instances, the mats only seem to fuck you when your crafting for others.

Its less a question of the mats themselves being a problem so much as it is the question of is any amount of mats worth such a small gain? 3 extra con isn't going to net you a whole hell of a lot more hit points.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
So after playing with the new planner, it really seems like Lvl 21 gets you the best bang for your buck(thank you Who Cares for pointing that out). The next two tiers at 23 and 26 don't really net you enough additional benefit to warrant the swap-out.

If you're the type that thinks the end-game is not TRing the second you hit 30, there's some VERY nice benefit to making ML34 items.

My current nefarious plans involve:

Necklace: Con/False Life/Insightful Con with Vitality augment and Deathblock.
Trinket: Sheltering/Natural Armor/Insightful Sheltering, no augments on trinkets Sad
Belt: Strength/Doublestrike/Insighful Strength/ ??? Colorless Augment, ??? Yellow Augment
Gloves: Dexterity/Deadly/Insighful Dexterity/ ??? Colorless Augment, ??? Yellow Augment

I'll make items to fill in whatever other stats I need as I play different classes that use them. The necklace and the trinket will probably be used by every character, every life. Those two slots generally seem to be relatively open on most of my builds. They will join my legacy Epic Rock Boots with the two guard effects on the "wear thos every life from ML to Cap" items list Tongue

IP Logged

fork
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Also consider green slot augments. You might have more use for a blue augment over a yellow+colorless, and from what I can tell, they are a bit more common than yellow+white.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
fork wrote on Sep 23rd, 2016 at 4:19pm:
Also consider green slot augments. You might have more use for a blue augment over a yellow+colorless, and from what I can tell, they are a bit more common than yellow+white.

This is true, I was just looking into thar right now. Sapphire of Crushing Wave Guard would go nicely on the belt since I tend to need STR on melee builds.

I have a ton of double-augment items, hence the listing, but am having a really tough time finding colorless augments. The yellow slot is fine, I am always hurting for Blindness Ward/Fear Immunity.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #11 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
I tend to like False life as an augment on leveling gear.  The augments tend to keep up with the enchantment pretty well until level 28.

You might want to consider a shiny new Epic Spare Hand and move your STR gear to your bracers slot.  Parrying (Insightful saves), Doublestrike, Insightful Tactics, UMD boost and 2 slots is pretty damn handy for leveling a melee.

Also, goggles with Seeker, Trueseeing (via a keen BtA shard) and Exceptional Seeker is pretty sweet as well.
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2016 at 7:14pm by QuantumFX »  

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #12 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 23rd, 2016 at 4:13pm:
Belt: Strength/Doublestrike/Insighful Strength/ +1 Exceptional Strength, ??? Yellow Augment
Gloves: Dexterity/Deadly/Insighful Dexterity/ +1 Exceptional Dexterity/Constitution, ??? Yellow Augment

FTFY

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Sep 23rd, 2016 at 8:03pm:
FTFY

wait, the augments are Exceptional and the second bonus is Insigtful?! This... changes everything.

Wheres that bouncing eyeballs emoticon when you need it?

EDIT: Ok, I will need to double-check this when I get home and can log in. My UNDERSTANDING is that the augments are also an insight bonus and do not stack, but now I am suddenly not sure.
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2016 at 8:40pm by noamineo »  

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #14 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
Globe of True Imperial Blood FTW

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #15 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 23rd, 2016 at 8:36pm:
wait, the augments are Exceptional and the second bonus is Insigtful?! This... changes everything.

Wheres that bouncing eyeballs emoticon when you need it?

jus die

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
Ok, so the +1s are Exceptional, the +2s are insightful. 1)I did not know that, 2) FUCKING AWESOME

And yeah the Globe is also a fsntastic choice.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #17 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 23rd, 2016 at 8:49pm:
Ok, so the +1s are Exceptional, the +2s are insightful. 1)I did not know that, 2) FUCKING AWESOME

fnk die

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 4:40am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Sep 23rd, 2016 at 7:13pm:
I tend to like False life as an augment on leveling gear.  The augments tend to keep up with the enchantment pretty well until level 28.

I certainly don't disagree with this statement, but blue slots for me are somewhat hard to come by. I'm usually wearing Flawless Dragonscale by 25, and while I've had false-life augs coming out the wazu, its always been a challenge to jam them in there somewhere.

Plus, crafted False Life is 39 at lvl 22, it doesn't hit 40 on the aug till 28.

QuantumFX wrote on Sep 23rd, 2016 at 7:13pm:
You might want to consider a shiny new Epic Spare Hand and move your STR gear to your bracers slot.  Parrying (Insightful saves), Doublestrike, Insightful Tactics, UMD boost and 2 slots is pretty damn handy for leveling a melee.

It is definitely on the shortlist. MAJOR power boost over the old one(13 doublestrike up from... 3. Plus Disable Device and Open Lock would save me a ton of effort(currently working to get those slotted on gloves for swap-outs, ick) Its a nice item, and lord knows I used the old one enough... but it gets challenging to slot. Certainly worthy of consideration. Also certainly worth considering making a second STR item for the bracers slot Tongue Its usually pretty open for me in epics.

The real problem is there are no good options for a suffix on the Bracers:

Con(already on neck)
Fortification(Don't need, MinII GS Item)
Dodge Bonus(Don't play a lot of chars with dodge)
Insightful Physical Sheltering(On trinket)
Insightful Magical Sheltering(Don't need it)
Intimidate
Move Silenlty
Spellsight
Tumble

I suppose Spellsight is the best choice, since I bluebar heal on... basically every build I play. Also the doublestrike at 21 is only 11, vs. 13 on the Spare Hand...

Well, lucky I don't gotta decide tonight Tongue I just wish they'd let us convert the old challenge gear to the new, I'm not wild about having to burn more mats to get the upgrade!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 11:27am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 24th, 2016 at 4:40am:
I suppose Spellsight is the best choice, since I bluebar heal on

[] wrote on Sep 23rd, 2016 at 8:55pm:
fnk die

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 10:38am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 23rd, 2016 at 12:45pm:
As I plan out my gear set, one of my first projects is to get Con + Insightful Con + False Life items made at the various level ranges. Here's what I've found:

Lvl 15: +8 Con, +3 Insightful Con, +29 False Life
lvl 20: +9 Con, +4 Insightful Con, +36 False Life

So 5 extra levels nets you a whopping 2 con points and 7 false life. Not exactly impressive.

But go up 2 additional levels to...

lvl 22: +10 Con, +4 Insightful Con, +39 False Life

I dunno about you, but I think I can make that lvl 15 item last until 22 Tongue

Perhaps consider Greensteel.  It is definitely a second life or later item, but once made it is an excellent HP item.  And provides a pile of useful skill boosts.

Min 2 belt, has Deathblock, +45HP and some nice skill boosts.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #21 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 23rd, 2016 at 8:49pm:

2300 posts on a ddo forum- doesnt understand a 4 year old system

did u know you can make weapon sets by dragging weapons to the little green boxes underneath your inventory?

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #22 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 12:20pm:
did u know you can make weapon sets by dragging weapons to the little green boxes underneath your inventory?

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #23 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 12:20pm:

omg, didn't know that.

lol j/k.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #24 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 10:38am:
Perhaps consider Greensteel.  It is definitely a second life or later item, but once made it is an excellent HP item.  And provides a pile of useful skill boosts.

Min 2 belt, has Deathblock, +45HP and some nice skill boosts.

The CC item is on top of the GS item. False Life stacks with all the bonuses on MinII, between the two its a rather considerable chunk of Hit Points.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint