Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Dis game iz dyin' (Read 21624 times)
Wipe
VoD Slasher

Re: Dis game iz dyin'
Reply #100 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 5:30am
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 10:12am:
Cannith+G-Land because both have high European pops would seem viable but atmosphere are total opposites!
I find G-Land to be almost ludicrously Cliquey and of course I really don't get on with Leslie who I feel tries to run the entire server as his personal fiefdom!
As I also tend not to get on with the Elite on ANY Server and Leslie has polarised the entire server into Casual vs Elite I find it to be a very bad choice for a merge with Cannith or really with any of the other 5 big servers {Wayfinder+G-Land is perfect though}.

What are you even talking about. LeslieWestGuitarFelcher or his guild has never been part of any "elite" ( whatever that might mean in your little world ) raids or good groups. Him, and fuck it - most of his guild was/is a definition of deadweight casuals.
I rage quit one raid ever - memorable epic normal "no drama" MoD on my then 75 dc tranny. It was too much for me after 35 mins and many pots stoning shit for those tards.
Yeah and I did group with LWGG once -  EE Tor with his shitty bard when epic GH dropped. Did fuck all except dying in black dragon and first room multiple times.
Every single time I pugged and got someone from his guild it was a disaster of gameplay, especially before the tardlock release which enabled even the biggest retards to get more kills than deaths at least.

Shows how much you know about servers or people playing you dumb twatwaffle.
Maybe if you weren't such a failure you might get "invited" to ze super secret cliques.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #101 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 1:40pm:
fify

Lies.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #102 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 5:10am:
It appears we have a second paint-licker...

...I guess you don't see what "freely shared between many guilds" means. Oh well. =D

Yep so just because I disagree with you or call you on your bullshit, that makes me a paint-licker or whatever. Makes sense.  Roll Eyes

For all I know, there could be five guilds which each have a few people in them. You haven't elaborated on the situation fully enough, and based off of everything you've described, it sounds to me to be a clique. Fran's not wrong in this instance.

If there's a coalition between those guilds, that's a clique, especially if they shun others or don't run with anyone else. I highly doubt every single guild on that server is included in your ingroup, and thus, it would be a "clique" by definition. What part of this do you not understand?

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #103 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Cheesy

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #104 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yep so just because I disagree with you or call you on your bullshit, that makes me a paint-licker or whatever. Makes sense.  Roll Eyes

For all I know, there could be five guilds which each have a few people in them. You haven't elaborated on the situation fully enough, and based off of everything you've described, it sounds to me to be a clique. Fran's not wrong in this instance.

If there's a coalition between those guilds, that's a clique, especially if they shun others or don't run with anyone else. I highly doubt every single guild on that server is included in your ingroup, and thus, it would be a "clique" by definition. What part of this do you not understand?

You're talking shit about shit you have admitted not knowing shit about...

WFB is correct.  There are several well-known voice/chat options the players on Ghallanda use.  About the only requirement for joining is "don't be an idiot". 

As I mentioned before, most normal people don't enjoy interacting with idiots.  If Fran feels like people on Ghallanda are avoiding him, that should tell him something other than "it's a clique", but of course it's Fran, so it doesn't. 

If Fran, and you, want to consider players avoiding the stupidz a clique, well, good for you I guess.  That's some impressive company your keeping with that opinion.   Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2017 at 8:09pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #105 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Kill yourself.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #106 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 1:09am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 8:08pm:
You're talking shit about shit you have admitted not knowing shit about...

There are several well-known voice/chat options the players on Ghallanda use.  About the only requirement for joining is "don't be an idiot". 

Well, at least you took the time to actually explain the facts of the matter and explain why it's not exactly a clique. Thanks for that at least--it's more than what can reasonably be expected from the others here, it seems. I find it kind of amusing how the default reaction to disagreement by most of the people here is to A) be sarcastic assholes, B) hurl baseless insults, or C) some combination of the two. It's a double-edged sword sometimes; funny on some occasions and just exasperating on others.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #107 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 5:30am:
What are you even talking about. LeslieWestGuitarFelcher or his guild has never been part of any "elite"

So you didn't understand when I said "Leslie has polarised the entire server into Casual vs Elite" then?

Leslie's version of "Casual" is also very different from my own!

Particularly I find his "rules" to be pretty harsh on anyone he deems not to be "Casual enough".

Plus G-Land's "Elitists" are the worst on ANY Server! People like Floppy Bitch here I wouldn't run with if I had any choice in the matter {Of course not knowing his/her characters I don't have that choice but I give him/her the choice by making certain my characters are known!}.

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #108 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 11:02am
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 11:00am:
So you didn't understand when I said "Leslie has polarised the entire server into Casual vs Elite" then?

Particularly I find his "rules" to be pretty harsh on anyone he deems not to be "Casual enough".

Plus G-Land's "Elitists" are the worst on ANY Server! People like Floppy Bitch here I wouldn't run with if I had any choice in the matter {Of course not knowing his/her characters I don't have that choice but I give him/her the choice by making certain my characters are known!}.

Fran you are the Hillary Clinton of DDO.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #109 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 11:19am
Print Post  

Since you're so good at hanging yourself, maybe you should try it in RL.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Jackknife of Sarlona
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #110 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 12:33pm
Print Post  

Just out of curiosity, what are Leslie's rules?

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #111 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 12:33pm
Print Post  

I completely disagree with your assessment of the elitists and casual thing.   Not sure I've ever run with LWGG (don't know who his in-game toons are offhand) but I've definitely joined LFMs with members of his guild and they've joined mine.  I never observed any sort of elitism or drama from them. 

Would you mind listing your Ghallanda toons?  I'm curious to see if I remember running missions with them.  If you don't want to list them publicly, feel free to PM me.  If you don't want to share at all, understood and that's cool, too.

You might be surprised about running with WFB.   I doubt we'll ever be friends in-game due to differences in personality but he's alright most days and knows what he's doing.

IP Logged

Dwarven Zoo Keeper
Korthos Resident

I Love llama's!

Reply #112 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Read whole thread.

FranOhmsford wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 8:47am:
Server Populations from my experience go....
1) Orien {Permanent Default now - It's been well over a year it's had it!}.
2) Sarlona {The Chinese population keeps it high pretty much 24/7 but other servers have higher peaks}.
3) Ghallanda {Very cliquey server full of big Guilds}
4) Khyber {Older population, hasn't had the default in 6 years but it's pop. remains strong}.

5) Argo {Had the default before Orien but pop. has dropped off heavily since then}.
6) Thelanis {Desperately needs the default to inject new blood - Way more Guilds than other servers at Lvl 160+, 150+, 140+, strangely few Lvl 200 Guilds - Seems to have very few large Guilds though and lots and lots of 1-6 man Guilds}.
7) Cannith {Decent sized European pop. can no longer make up for lack of total pop. at off peak times - Many Europeans still playing are night owls playing at US Peak}.

8) Wayfinder - This server was a MISTAKE! And one that Turbine/SSG are unwilling to admit to and fix!

Suggestions...
1) Give everyone at least 1 Free Transfer to a server of their choice other than Wayfinder.
Give Premium Players +2 Free Transfers for 3 total {again to any server except Wayfinder}.
Give VIPs the above +1 Free Transfer per Month remaining VIP. {Again to any server except Wayfinder}.

2) Merge Thelanis with Orien and Argonnessen with Sarlona.
This will bring us down to 6 servers {5 once Wayfinder empties}.

Thelanis+Orien would remain the largest server.
Argo+Sarlona would move into outright second place - These would be the big two.
Khyber, G-Land and Cannith could each have the Default for a month or 6 weeks at a time to help them grow. The big two should maintain a high pop. through players choosing to move to them anyway.

No exclamation blocks. No caps lock.

To whom did Fran sell his account?  (Corrected, thanks pook)
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2017 at 5:41pm by Dwarven Zoo Keeper »  

Well someone has to feed the trolls...

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #113 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 2:27pm
Print Post  

Please kill yourself.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #114 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 11:19am:
Since you're so good at hanging yourself, maybe you should try it in RL.

I'd move to G-land just to be in a party with you  Grin

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #115 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Dwarven Zoo Keeper wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 1:09pm:
Read whole thread.

No exclamation blocks. No caps lock.

Who'd Fran sell his account too?

He left his signature {!}

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #116 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Whom'd

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #117 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I find it kind of amusing how the default reaction to disagreement by most of the people here is to A) be sarcastic assholes, B) hurl baseless insults, or C) some combination of the two. It's a double-edged sword sometimes; funny on some occasions and just exasperating on others.

The goal is to be funny and exasperating at the same time.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #118 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 5:34pm
Print Post  

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #119 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 5:35pm:
Makes the lfm look good, but once you hover over them you see majority of them are single lfms that never get clicked on. A few normal lfms that no one ever hits up, some way over level ones that are also dry.

I see. I would check other servers few times a week, some of the "Orien is so alive" posts on mobos had me doubting.
Looks like buncha skull 1 heroics and "daily boredom en epics" just like everywhere else.
Had my share of fun in high reaper epics ( same 20 people though - old guard lol ) with some Gland crew for a while but the reaper/racial/shitty raid look like it was the last straw for many.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #120 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Sep 16th, 2017 at 11:49am:
"Orien is so alive"

that is only marshal lanes spouting that shill bullshit. pretty sure it's a grand sock.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #121 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 1:29am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Sep 16th, 2017 at 11:49am:
I see. I would check other servers few times a week, some of the "Orien is so alive" posts on mobos had me doubting.
Looks like buncha skull 1 heroics and "daily boredom en epics" just like everywhere else.
Had my share of fun in high reaper epics ( same 20 people though - old guard lol ) with some Gland crew for a while but the reaper/racial/shitty raid look like it was the last straw for many.

The last straw for me was a sudden realization that the cons just dramatically outweighed the pros of continuing to play. Lag/server fiasco a year and a half ago with no compensation. TR issues with no compensation and a lot of times no returning to status quo coupled with unresponsiveness of CS. Compounded by ridiculously stupid design decisions, which could only the decisions of somebody so out of touch with the game that it is absolutely ludicrous. Throw in scenarios where the devs and cordo, etc. have straight up lied to us on multiple, vital occasions. Finally, introduce the fact that ddo's active development can't possibly sustain more than 1.5 years left TOPS.

I just gave up - haven't even logged in more than 2.5 weeks. My activity was sporadic for a month before that. Too much dick being shoved down my throat by a shitty company - it doesn't matter if its turbine, ssg, warner, etc. those people are literally some of the worst human beings I've ever had the displeasure of being in contact with (albeit over the internet).

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #122 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:17am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 12:33pm:

Would you mind listing your Ghallanda toons?  I'm curious to see if I remember running missions with them.  If you don't want to list them publicly, feel free to PM me.  If you don't want to share at all, understood and that's cool, too.

I've always been public about my characters and it would be rather hypocritical of me to change that now considering what I've already said in this thread.

So...
Ghallanda
Main Account
25) Hassannavid {Shadar-Kai}
Warlock 18 / Rogue 2

24) Openerone {Bladeforged}
Paladin 20

Secondary F2P Account
24) Aeriuos of Ghallanda {Halfling} 4k Favour
Fighter 20

It's highly unlikely you've ran with any of these characters or would remember running with them if you had but I do pug them.
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:18am by FranOhmsford »  

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #123 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:17am:
I've always been public about my characters and it would be rather hypocritical of me to change that now considering what I've already said in this thread.

So...
Ghallanda
Main Account
Warlock 18 / Rogue 2

Paladin 20

Secondary F2P Account
Fighter 20

It's highly unlikely you've ran with any of these characters or would remember running with them if you had but I do pug them.

Ok, I might vaguely, very vaguely, recall the Hassannavid toon but could just be imagining it.  Don't remember anything specific either way though.

I have actively played DDO for 4+ years with no breaks.  Ghallanda is the only server I play on.  I only play one toon.  During that time, I've slowly TR'd and leveled enough to get a couple of iconic PLs, heroic completionist and nearly epic completionist with with zero Otto's stones.  I was in no rush while leveling and usually posted or joined public LFMs.  I've grouped with a lot of players on Gland, old and new, good and bad.

Yet, in 4+ years of public LFMs, I haven't grouped enough with any of your toons to remember but you think you're qualified to state that Ghallanda is elitist and cliquey?  Really?

In other words, you have negligible experience to back up your claim.  I might have cut you some slack if I'd remembered running anything with you in the past 4 years, but I don't, which tells me your active playtime on this server is minimal.  That, or you're not running and joining public LFMs, which would of course make you the cliquey person, not the rest of the server.  As I told iGouger earlier in this thread, you're talking shit about shit you know jack shit about...

« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2017 at 4:15pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #124 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:17am:

So...
Ghallanda
Main Account
Warlock 18 / Rogue 2

Paladin 20

Secondary F2P Account
Fighter 20

If those were my toons I'd kill myself. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint