Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Trees Shall Rise Again (Read 233914 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: The Trees Shall Rise Again
Reply #125 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Dec 30th, 2014 at 7:34pm:
Is there a build plan posted somewhere around here for a multiple completionist?

Not for the 12m 5c 3p from the videos. He has triple all past lives. Doesnt use completionist feat.

Feats are : Great Cleave, Whirlwind, Greater Two Weapon Fighting, Precision. Epic Spellpower. P2WF, and OC.

Max con human all level ups into con.
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2014 at 10:57pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Brac
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #126 - Dec 31st, 2014 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Precision does not seem very powerful.  I assume the ignoring 25% fort is what the value is, but do trash mobs now have that much fort that it is needed?  I am coming back to the game after gone for 10 months so maybe it has just changed and everything has a ton of fort.  Just curious.

IP Logged

Arbitoroflife
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #127 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
I've been testing between Star of Day and a pair of TF handwraps with just 1st degree burns, 3rd degree burns, and dragon's edge, and waiting till final form on tree, and seeing my damage, and with star of day, my max crit was only 10k, while with handwraps, i was critting for 13-14k.
None crits for star of day were about 1.6k, while handwraps were non crits for 2.8k.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #128 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 30th, 2014 at 10:56pm:
Not for the 12m 5c 3p from the videos. He has triple all past lives. Doesnt use completionist feat.

Feats are : Great Cleave, Whirlwind, Greater Two Weapon Fighting, Precision. Epic Spellpower. P2WF, and OC.

Max con human all level ups into con.

Workable with Sun Elf?

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

obamacare
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #129 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 12:46am
Print Post  
precision is useful to beat some objects (e.g. portal in shroud, pillar in wgu, zabbot etc) but i guess it's not indispensable.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #130 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 3:01am
Print Post  
Elementals, constructs and undead are all very common. All purple names have at least some fortification. ( I think most red names do too.)
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2015 at 3:02am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #131 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 3:26am
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Jan 1st, 2015 at 7:12pm:
Workable with Sun Elf?

Yes, but you give up one of the feats. Probably OC

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #132 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
I just finished this build TRing my completionist again to get the classes (3p/5c/12m version).

Still need about 100,000XP to get to level 24 and get Whirlwind, but it's awesome stupid so far.

IP Logged

Brac
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #133 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
I took whirlwind at 18 so I could full tree at 20, this build is stupid good.  I went an odd split 12 monk/ 7 cleric/ 1 fighter because I was going PDK.  I am only 20 but every pug group I join is 95% kills me, 5% spread amongst everyone else.  After a couple quests the plan just becomes "point the tree at it".

I tried to solo a couple EE but it turns out you also have to be a decent player to do that.  I have found the build takes a little getting used to.  I need to know where my cleaves and whirlwinds will hit and have to get used to the small activation delay.

I don't know how good I will be in raids but right now it is very fun.
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2015 at 4:34pm by Brac »  

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #134 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Got a question about damage. 

In the Inventory Panel with the Details open, when I have Handwraps equipped, when in Tree form, the damage shown goes up to 74.8[1d20] at size 4.

For shortswords (with Ninja Spy), it shows 74.8[1d6]

I have someone telling me that the shortswords actually give the 1d20 and not the handwraps and that this interface panel is wrong.

Just want to get some clarification if someone knows what is correct ... at work and can't test until this evening.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #135 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 11:50am
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 9:44am:
Got a question about damage. 

In the Inventory Panel with the Details open, when I have Handwraps equipped, when in Tree form, the damage shown goes up to 74.8[1d20] at size 4.

For shortswords (with Ninja Spy), it shows 74.8[1d6]

I have someone telling me that the shortswords actually give the 1d20 and not the handwraps and that this interface panel is wrong.

Just want to get some clarification if someone knows what is correct ... at work and can't test until this evening.

Go back and read my posts on the previous page.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

ElAndroide
Korthos Resident

I Love ... Experiments!!

Reply #136 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 6:15am
Print Post  
Hi,

I was thinking seriously in doing one tree.

I have done some additional testing, double checking some of the previously posted, and other tests.

Whilwind "extra offhand attack" :

Not working :
- With monk dilettante half elf (on centered defensive)
- With quarterstaff (haven't tried with 2 kamas) (Haven't tried with Kensai, but it seems the extra attacks is attached to unarmed AND centered, not only to centered as previously stated).
- Unarmed without monk levels
- 2 weapons (tried with ITWF)
- Doublestriking in Cleave/Great CLeave/whirlwind with shield (used Shield Mastery/Improved). Real dissapointing.

Only working :
- At least 1 level of monk and using unarmed/wraps (changing the animation of the unarmed combat - Martial arts)

I was thinking in doing something different that the Rubbins mod, and I've got one question ... I understand the radiant positive aura (level 5 cleric) is for getting healed and for getting spirits in the tree/non-tree form ... But, can't you get that with consecrated/sacred ground? That's damage and heal ... should work for getting both spirits, but need feedback from actual working trees.

If the answer is "for getting more healing" ... I guess it can be done through other ways? Coccon/Silver flame pots maybe?

I want to get rid of the cleric levels (I will probably stick to the paladin levels) and introduce something else (dont know if something with ranger/tempest , but still dont know if it's viable.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2015 at 6:17am by ElAndroide »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #137 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 7:24am
Print Post  
ElAndroide wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 6:15am:
Hi,

I have done some additional testing, double checking some of the previously posted, and other tests.

Not working :
- With quarterstaff (haven't tried with 2 kamas) (Haven't tried with Kensai, but it seems the extra attacks is attached to unarmed AND centered, not only to centered as previously stated).
- Doublestriking in Cleave/Great CLeave/whirlwind with shield (used Shield Mastery/Improved). Real dissapointing.

Only working :
- At least 1 level of monk and using unarmed/wraps (changing the animation of the unarmed combat - Martial arts)

I was thinking in doing something different that the Rubbins mod, and I've got one question ... I understand the radiant positive aura (level 5 cleric) is for getting healed and for getting spirits in the tree/non-tree form ... But, can't you get that with consecrated/sacred ground? That's damage and heal ... should work for getting both spirits, but need feedback from actual working trees.

If the answer is "for getting more healing" ... I guess it can be done through other ways? Coccon/Silver flame pots maybe?

I want to get rid of the cleric levels (I will probably stick to the paladin levels) and introduce something else (dont know if something with ranger/tempest , but still dont know if it's viable.

tnx for clarifying the whirlwind part, i had a guess it only works when unarmed as well.
But i forgot to test myself when i was in tree build as i was using wraps all the time.

I did a bit long ago a odd cleric wizz monk tree build.
Issue is i had no evasion and my defenses were rather low vs spells /but as pdk iconic with passive shield clickie it could be mitigated to passable number.
I did that specifically to test how death aura and cleric aura stacks.
Also i tested with only consecration(sacred grond) for ticks.
What i found out is that cleric, no matter how much we all want to get rid of it, is crucial for those kinds of builds.
The constant ticking and healing ticks for tree combined with cleaves are ok for most spirit income, also it seemed like the damge on undead acted as offensive ticks as well.
As i had dauras as well, it seemed like the tooltip for ammount of maximum spirit income was also incorrect as i had full spirit most of the time and could upkeep tree with 3 auras and consecration infinitely even in largest form.

Ranger sadly doesnt give much beside feats and other classes also lack in many ways.
You are basically locked into cleric/monk for most efficiency.
And as third due to inablity to use harmor palie for saves is the best split for modern tree builds.
I had many idea, tried several out and if i was to do a tree build again it would be 12 5 3 since its clearly sadly the best.

Only thing that i didnt test since im only loged into ddo and dont play is, how is ravagers selfheal coded, if its as a spell to keep the ticks for healing, then some kind barb tree could also be viable.

Can someone with barb ravager core 5 be kind enough to just swap to primal and check if it can fill spirit from blood strenght?
Will require some testing, but if it does work then we could have starting ground for a different kind of tree build focused mainly on barb trees and get rid of wasted ap for aura from cleric, the drop of dps from whirlwind should not be as huge if we manage to think of some kind unique split Wink
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2015 at 7:29am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #138 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 8:19am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 7:24am:

qstaff was getting 4 hits last i tested on my build. so were 2 short swords.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #139 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 8:52am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 8:19am:

Hmm no idea, my tests were at fault maybe?
I mean i tested it specifically with 2 celestias, 2 thforged tier 2 shortswords and antipod wraps and some crafted thforged t2s.

Anyways, can you /i hope you play barb/ test what i am wondering right now.
Thinking to play the game and actually tr to a tree and pike it at 28 til they make temple.
But before i do it, i need to verify if barbs on hit/kill ravager thingie can restore healing tick spirit.

If it cant /i mean i assume it cant but you never know/ il prolly just do cleri monk palie

IP Logged

ElAndroide
Korthos Resident

I Love ... Experiments!!

Reply #140 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 8:19am:

Hi Rubbins,

My testing is without tree. Just a monk splash with fighter on a iconic (a fast test basically). With unarmed is ok when I use whirlwind, but definitely not with quarterstaff.

Don't know if using quarterstaves change that much the equation. Was thinking in using the enhancements in the monk tree (and even the rogue one) for getting nice bonuses to doublestrike (It was 25%?).

I guess if Rubbins is right, that really could change the thing.

BTW, I read that Alpha Strike is not working, is that right?

Cheers guys, awesome info.

IP Logged

Brac
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #141 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
I want to Live!

I have become careless and need to be more patient.  I find myself sometimes running into the fray with no aura, no shadowfade and only 10 spirit.  It generally equals a quick death.  What does everyone have for average hit points at 28?  And are those who are 28 finding that to be enough?  I am trying to decide if I should drop precision to add in toughness and then epic toughness.

Damage is still great, I just need to be alive to dish it out.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #142 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
ElAndroide wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 2:21pm:
My testing is without tree.

in tree form centered weapons give 4 to 5 hits.

ElAndroide wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 2:21pm:
BTW, I read that Alpha Strike is not working, is that right?

must be wolf or bear

Brac wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 4:40pm:
need to be alive to dish it out.

easy to get yourself killed in tree form if youre not careful. Displace, Aura, Fade before shapeshifting. Then plant a consecrated ground down. If you went pally split you can up your LoH charges. If sun elf you get 2 12k heals per shrine. Mostly emergency "oh shit" buttons. Watch some of the videos posted here of the pally version. He has an interesting 36 minute solo of ee terminal delirium. You can see 8 charges of LoH, using summons to get aggro first, running behind cover from spells. 

Lelouch wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 8:52am:
i hope you play barb

sorry, i cant. still on shiradi sorc life atm. will tr into barb soon-ish
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2015 at 6:44pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #143 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Brac wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 4:40pm:
I want to Live!

I have become careless and need to be more patient.  I find myself sometimes running into the fray with no aura, no shadowfade and only 10 spirit.  It generally equals a quick death.  What does everyone have for average hit points at 28?  And are those who are 28 finding that to be enough?  I am trying to decide if I should drop precision to add in toughness and then epic toughness.

Damage is still great, I just need to be alive to dish it out.

What people do is go con based and possibly the palie monk cleric version since it is superior.
Do you have any prr plifes? Prr gear?
Are you sure your dodge is maxed out?
Got any displace clickies?
Have consecration twisted?
Do you use yugo con pot ?
Do you use tensers?
You can twist in primal if you dont like dance as well.
There are many ways, but the build generally has no issues whatsoever with survival, only issue it has is chasing mobs while cripled.
And that is about the only thing that is bad that i can think off heh

IP Logged

Brac
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #144 - Jan 11th, 2015 at 3:12am
Print Post  
ElAndroide wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 6:15am:
Hi,

Not working :

Only working :

I find the aura is pretty much just to generate spirit.  The healing from it is minimal. Mine ticks for about 25. Not enough to keep you alive or really matter.  If your barb idea works,that would be great, I feel the same way that it would be nice to drop the cleric levels.

IP Logged

Brac
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #145 - Jan 11th, 2015 at 3:22am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 6:44pm:
What people do is go con based and possibly the palie monk cleric version since it is superior.
Do you have any prr plifes? Prr gear?
Are you sure your dodge is maxed out?
Got any displace clickies?
Have consecration twisted?
Do you use yugo con pot ?
Do you use tensers?
You can twist in primal if you dont like dance as well.
There are many ways, but the build generally has no issues whatsoever with survival, only issue it has is chasing mobs while cripled.
And that is about the only thing that is bad that i can think off heh

I am doing most of the things you listed. Just got consecrate twisted with the heal portion, that helped.  Prr is almost 50 in human form.  I can get it higher after a couple levels with gear.  I think it was just a change in play style.  I do so much damage I feel like its my responsibility to kill everything.  After playing some more I stopped charging and usually bring the tree up from the rear after clickies and fade.  The kill count isnt so lopsided but I don't die anymore.

IP Logged

ElAndroide
Korthos Resident

I Love ... Experiments!!

Reply #146 - Jan 11th, 2015 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Brac wrote on Jan 11th, 2015 at 3:12am:
I find the aura is pretty much just to generate spirit.  The healing from it is minimal. Mine ticks for about 25. Not enough to keep you alive or really matter.  If your barb idea works,that would be great, I feel the same way that it would be nice to drop the cleric levels.

That is another portion of awesome info. Thanks!!

I have an idea of a similar buff that could work the same way as the aura ... Sustaining song!! Tongue But yes, that should be a totally different build without monk.

Oh my ... A tree that sing and dance.
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2015 at 2:48pm by ElAndroide »  

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #147 - Jan 12th, 2015 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
I find the things that lead to death are when there are champions in the mix, specifically the ones that have their damage amplified and they hit for 400-500 per hit... even at 1200 hit points, you can go down quickly.

IP Logged

Brac
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #148 - Jan 12th, 2015 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jan 12th, 2015 at 3:24pm:
I find the things that lead to death are when there are champions in the mix, specifically the ones that have their damage amplified and they hit for 400-500 per hit... even at 1200 hit points, you can go down quickly.

True, but if we get the first couple hits they will still generally be dead before they can hit us more then once.  I also use the 20d10 heal from Primal when a mob dies.  I find with our aoe damage it keeps us up through a lot of large hits.  The percent to proc isn't huge, but we kill enough to see it often.

IP Logged

Brac
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #149 - Jan 12th, 2015 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Are there any problems/issues with using supreme cleave or eldritch strike in tree form?  I am trying to find an alternative to the huge feet requirement needed to get whirlwind.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26
Send TopicPrint