Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Supreme Shards of Power (Read 6782 times)
ThatLukeGuy
Waterworks Kobold

Happy little trees

Supreme Shards of Power
Feb 6th, 2016 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Is there a specific difficulty that is best for farming a Supreme Shard in DA?  Like there is for tokens?  Heroic shroud doesn't seem to form up very often, so I'm trying to use DA as my source.  Got 1 of the 2 I need but it's going slower than expected on EE.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Re: Supreme Shards of Power
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
ThatLukeGuy wrote on Feb 6th, 2016 at 12:08pm:
Is there a specific difficulty that is best for farming a Supreme Shard in DA?  Like there is for tokens?  Heroic shroud doesn't seem to form up very often, so I'm trying to use DA as my source.  Got 1 of the 2 I need but it's going slower than expected on EE.

Supreme shards are very rare in Devil's Assault.  I have pulled a few after hundreds of runs.  I know I got some on EE.  I do not recall getting any on EN or EH, but I can't be sure it didn't happen.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Post an LFM saying you're looking for one, get full groups and ransack the shit out of it on EN. Switch toons, repeat.

IP Logged

ThatLukeGuy
Waterworks Kobold

Happy little trees

Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
yeah but will it even drop on EN/EH?

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
wont be doing shortman heroic shroud faster? DA is pretty stupid quest with all those waiting periods

IP Logged

ThatLukeGuy
Waterworks Kobold

Happy little trees

Reply #5 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Feb 6th, 2016 at 1:43pm:
wont be doing shortman heroic shroud faster? DA is pretty stupid quest with all those waiting periods

This is true, but it seems the demand for heroic Shroud has kind of bottomed out a bit (for now anyways).  I was trying to figure out a way to farm it solo.  I do agree that the timers in DA are infuriating, and that's why I didn't want to invest a crazy amount of time in EN/EH unless there was an actual chance for the supreme shard to drop.

IP Logged

TornadoJoe
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
If you can't 4 man a HE shroud with epic toons, re-roll your shit and try again.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #7 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
Seriously, just post a shroud run: "Looking for Supremes. You can have everything else."

It'll fill. Maybe not all twelve, but enough that a few generous people (re: dupers) will pass you what you're after. Lots of people are still looking for other ingredients from shroud and may not need the Supremes.

You could run DA to ransack for a month of Sundays and not get Supremes. Plus as mentioned above, it's Hella Boring.

But that's just my opinion. YMMV.  Wink

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #8 - Feb 7th, 2016 at 12:08am
Print Post  
You bring 3-4 epic toons into heroic shroud and u will mop the floor with Harry.

IP Logged

ThatLukeGuy
Waterworks Kobold

Happy little trees

Reply #9 - Feb 7th, 2016 at 1:24am
Print Post  
Gonna take your advice.  ty

IP Logged

Erofen
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Feb 7th, 2016 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Feb 6th, 2016 at 11:59pm:
Seriously, just post a shroud run: "Looking for Supremes. You can have everything else."

It'll fill. Maybe not all twelve, but enough that a few generous people (re: dupers) will pass you what you're after. Lots of people are still looking for other ingredients from shroud and may not need the Supremes.

You could run DA to ransack for a month of Sundays and not get Supremes. Plus as mentioned above, it's Hella Boring.

But that's just my opinion. YMMV.  Wink

Why would dupers join to pass you the one thing that was not (or not easily) dupable? The dupers probably have tons of those mats you are offering up to give for the item you both probably need/want.

Whether duper or not, the people that would pass the shard would pass it. Dupers have no further reason of being generous, and, in fact, probably have less of a reason to because they get nothing out of it.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #11 - Feb 7th, 2016 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
Erofen wrote on Feb 7th, 2016 at 7:45pm:
Whether duper or not, the people that would pass the shard would pass it. Dupers have no further reason of being generous, and, in fact, probably have less of a reason to because they get nothing out of it.

I dupe to make the game fun and/or playable. Having all those mats means I can make a tier 3 any time a Supreme drops. I get more vicarious thrill from trading the Supreme to someone I know is excited over it. Being able to be generous is, in itself, fun.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Feb 7th, 2016 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
If it comes down to it, you can always solo heroic shroud. Even elite is easy.

IP Logged

wogoflove
Korthos Resident

Stop Breathing......

Reply #13 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Ran 2 of these over the weekend to help someone out.
I don't have shitloads of mats, and yeah it was boring stomping on my lvl 30, but hey, helping that person out might make them stay in game a bit longer and make them a bit of a better player.

just my thought and reasoning.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #14 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 8:01am
Print Post  
Yeah, DA is one of my favorite quests, it's my "go to" quest when I'm trying suppress the urge to beat the crap out of some asshole who desperately needs it, and I've pulled maybe 5 supremes in easily a few hundred runs. It kills me, because I pulled one in my very first run, and another in maybe my 10th, and then it was down to more Turdbin-ish normal rates  Angry

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #15 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 9:47am
Print Post  
wogoflove wrote on Feb 8th, 2016 at 12:00am:
helping that person out might make them stay in game a bit longer and make them a bit of a better player.

+1

Thank you for having and promoting this attitude.

We need all the new players we can get and we need to keep all the players we can.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Feb 8th, 2016 at 9:47am:
+1

Thank you for having and promoting this attitude.

We need all the new players we can get and we need to keep all the players we can.

Agreed!
Good job Wogoflove.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #17 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Yea... i join groups just to help people pull things often. Even people i dont know. If i see an lfm that says that somebody is farming something... ill mail it to them if i got it. I try to hook it up.. if people mention in a group/raid that they wish they had some shit i duped the fuck out of...I pass it. People ask me if i want stuff in return. But im just trying to hook it up.

Most people are really cool and hook me up when im trying to get stuff. But some people are super greedy with others in this game. Even with people they are cool with let alone random peeps.. thats too bad.

IP Logged

Erofen
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Feb 8th, 2016 at 4:28pm:
Yea... i join groups just to help people pull things often. Even people i dont know. If i see an lfm that says that somebody is farming something... ill mail it to them if i got it. I try to hook it up.. if people mention in a group/raid that they wish they had some shit i duped the fuck out of...I pass it. People ask me if i want stuff in return. But im just trying to hook it up.

Most people are really cool and hook me up when im trying to get stuff. But some people are super greedy with others in this game. Even with people they are cool with let alone random peeps.. thats too bad.

^I am Mr. Greedy.

Thanks for the phat lootz. Cheesy

P.S. Still want those fiendlings.  Wink

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #19 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
I have no idea what fiendlings are? But im sure i dont have them.. sorry

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Feb 8th, 2016 at 10:22pm:
have no idea what fiendlings are

like junkies, only smaller

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Erofen
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Feb 8th, 2016 at 10:22pm:
I have no idea what fiendlings are? But im sure i dont have them.. sorry

haha the new pets...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1