Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic ES has turned into the hood (Read 6859 times)
Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

ES has turned into the hood
Feb 26th, 2016 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Just got killed by a CR55 drow while banking in ES. Anniversary hi-jinks or a bug? Tons of drow on the loose on argo in ES atm.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Re: ES has turned into the hood
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Lol!

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #2 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 5:53pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
I've been keeping the twitch stream up in a background window.  I saw Cordovan summon a pile of volcanic annihilators or whatever in the square in ES.  I didn't see drow, but if you got killed in a normally safe area that's the likely cause.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #4 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Apparently was some mobs in the harbor too

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
He stopped doing it, the lag was locking up fierce.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #6 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 1:15am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Feb 26th, 2016 at 8:23pm:
He stopped doing it, the lag was locking up fierce.

Too bad. That's actually the kind of community outreach a Community Manager should be doing more of.

Just ... with less "Surprise! Lag + mobs!" and more "Why hello there, mortals. I bet you feel quite safe. But I happen to know the drow have gathered for another attack on Estar. Time is short. Prepare yourselves, or flee!"

Then spawn as many mobs as won't lag the instance. If that number happens to be small, then spawn a fucking Terrasque. For extra nice-nice, ensure an instance 2 is open, which will remain free of all mobs.

A few DM-like interactions in a D&D game ... why has this not been happening for 10 years already?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 1:38am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Feb 27th, 2016 at 1:15am:
A few DM-like interactions in a D&D game ... why has this not been happening for 10 years already?

all the good devs that care dont work on ddo anymore. Watching stream for a bit today and this one dev that did von3, xorian, pit, subt raids, chrono, red fens underwater quest,removed perma curses, basically did all the shit people like. That guy, when he was speaking about ddo, sounded like he was actually excited to work on it and reflect back. If you want some comparison to the devs today then turn on a past cast of sev/steel/varg and whoever the fuk is in there now. Go listen to their monotone voices when they are talking, the dead dull look in their eyes devoid of any spark. Miserable fucks.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 1:48am
Print Post  
Too bad. That's actually the kind of community outreach a Community Manager should be doing more of.

Just ... with less "Surprise! Lag + mobs!" and more "Why hello there, mortals. I bet you feel quite safe. But I happen to know the drow have gathered for another attack on Estar. Time is short. Prepare yourselves, or flee!"

Then spawn as many mobs as won't lag the instance. If that number happens to be small, then spawn a fucking Terrasque. For extra nice-nice, ensure an instance 2 is open, which will remain free of all mobs.

Oh, they've done it before. On the Lamannia server. A couple of times. And surprise-surprise! It was popular, even if it was a bit of a lagfest since it was more than one mob and everyone attacking at the same time.

The last time I remember them doing it though was at the library lighthouse with a bunch of dragons for MOTU Beta I think.

Like you, I've been baffled why they never brought it over to the live servers every once in a while. A Dev popping into the game in a public area as a boss mob and getting beaten down once a week or so just for shits and giggles would seem like an easy community outreach activity.

Seriously, let's say the beatdown on the giant HP mob took 30 minutes or Wayfinder, so less time on the other servers. There are 8 servers, so it would take less than 4 hours for all the servers, if only one turbine employee did this.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #9 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 2:17am
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Feb 27th, 2016 at 1:48am:
Oh, they've done it before. On the Lamannia server. A couple of times. And surprise-surprise! It was popular, even if it was a bit of a lagfest since it was more than one mob and everyone attacking at the same time.

The last time I remember them doing it though was at the library lighthouse with a bunch of dragons for MOTU Beta I think.

Along with batches of 20-30 other boss-types. They've done it on Lama, and on the old European servers. Flav's said something like that, before.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #10 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 2:36am
Print Post  
lag locking ES and a raid sized lfm filled with a bunch of Cordo cock gobblers begging for him to join and shower them with jizz - that summed up '10th Anniversary' event for Orien .......

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 2:45am
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Feb 27th, 2016 at 2:36am:
lag locking ES and a raid sized lfm filled with a bunch of Cordo cock gobblers begging for him to join and shower them with jizz - that summed up '10th Anniversary' event for the entire game

ftfy

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 3:29am
Print Post  
I don't think they could really do this anymore. Several classes have all been nerfed down so badly for what works in public areas that as a sorc there was not to many spells that would work. Additionally the CR was way to high. CR 55 on a level 18 toon was a bloodbath. I can imagine the noobs being mowed down in the harbor had it even worse. Additionally cakes don't even work in public areas for whatever reason. So I had to raise out of ES and go back to my airship with a key on cool down and could not get back into the action. I don't think at this point any of the dev's would care to fix the things needing to be done to really fix this as a viable routine event regardless of how much fun it would be. Tabula Rasa GM's used to do this really regularly and I never heard anything but positive feedback for it. Definitely adds to immersion more than a few damaged buildings & smoldering fires in ES.

As a side note I still can't figure out why the destroyed Temple of Amaunator in ES has never been turned into a kickass dungeon. It's sad when the most prominent structure in town just lays there like a fucking forest in a Warhammer 40k tabletop game.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2016 at 3:45am by Darth Anonymous »  

IP Logged

Dispel
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 3:51am
Print Post  
It's fun for EVERYONE even the GMs when this kind of thing happens. I used to run Minecraft servers and I would fly around having "drop parties" and everyone would stare up at me chasing me around jumping and trying to get all the loot. Sometimes I'd spawn hostile mobs to mix things up. They ate that shit up hard.

The things he was giving out were kind of worthless though. I think every user should be guaranteed something for the 10 year anniversary... and to be honest, I think they should give people that have spent so-much money in the past X amount of months something really nice.

They need to make more use of their databases and start doing JOINs for this shit. I would cater to the hands that feed me most if I were Turbine. Keep your whales happy... not just the diehard forum kissassers.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 4:09am
Print Post  
Quote:
I would cater to the hands that feed me most if I were Turbine. Keep your whales happy... not just the diehard forum kissassers.

When word trickled down the F2P's that never spent a dime would probably rage on the forums and cord would have to do to much work spinning it with some BS. Somehow F2P's who never spent a dimes threats of quitting would probably matter. Some asshole's chart would show a descending player base and emergency management meetings would follow. Then the unwashed masses would get Whalers Boxes to. Wait a minute maybe it would be good if this happened. I'm a little on the cheap side myself some months.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #15 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 7:43am
Print Post  
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 27th, 2016 at 4:09am:
Somehow F2P's who never spent a dimes threats of quitting would probably matter.

Of course this is how it works.

Turbine places no value at all on anyone's previous efforts or contributions.

People who have already given money are not as valuable to Turbine as people who might give them money in the future.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #16 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 9:41am
Print Post  

Wow, that's a fantastic set of ideas, and /signed on the WTF hasn't it been happening all along.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #17 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 9:44am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Feb 27th, 2016 at 7:43am:
Of course this is how it works.

Turbine places no value at all on anyone's previous efforts or contributions.

People who have already given money are not as valuable to Turbine as people who might give them money in the future.

Of course, because experience has taught them that people who are invested in the game already are a lot more likely to put up with shit than people who aren't heavily invested. Fernando was right when he said we'd keep playing no matter what and keep buying no matter how crappy the offering.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 26th, 2016 at 5:48pm:
Just got killed by a CR55 drow while banking in ES. Anniversary hi-jinks or a bug? Tons of drow on the loose on argo in ES atm.

Cordovan has been putting them in.  He thinks its a hoot.  He's an asshole.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2016 at 11:03am by raybob »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #19 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 11:02am
Print Post  
raybob wrote on Feb 27th, 2016 at 10:59am:
Cordovan has been putting them in.  He thinks its a hoot.

Do you need any further proof that Turbine is collectively, and the devs individually, trolling you?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #20 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Feb 27th, 2016 at 7:43am:

This is of course ignoring that people who have already spent money are more likely to spend more. But you definitely have a firm grasp on turbine thinking.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint