Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) 8-30-2016 Lammaland release notes (Read 16347 times)
Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Re: 8-30-2016 Lammaland release notes
Reply #50 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Sep 1st, 2016 at 5:16pm:

Wow. That is one low fucking bar you have there.   Anything else that is "getting better" you would care to share with us? like the fact that you can log on 6 days out of 7?  Huh

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #51 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Sep 1st, 2016 at 5:10pm:
Plus, random loot is split between martial and caster now. Shouldn't it be time for everyone on this board to claim that this is somehow not exactly what they wanted? Cheesy

Its exactly what I wanted Cheesy

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #52 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Sep 1st, 2016 at 5:26pm:
Wow. That is one low fucking bar you have there. 

It doesn't take a particularly high bare to turn into a massive improvement.

Just take a look at new CC - no matter what it's still a MASSIVE improvement over the old, non-functional system.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 1st, 2016 at 5:59pm:

Just take a look at new CC - no matter what it's still a MASSIVE improvement over the old, non-functional system.

Not so much from my point of view, just some mildly sparkly loot options without any real work being done on the larger flaws  and problems, not to mention the game philosophy of Sevpays that keeps driving everything towards a homogeneous end game. 

But hey it's cool your jazzed about it Naom

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 6:51pm
Print Post  

No, not "no matter what."

Not without flexible shards.
Not when crafting for others is effectively removed.
Not when effects have to follow the idiot NRL placement schema.
Not when they implement a ~dozen new collectables while still ignoring the ~half-dozen that already existed which had and will still have no purpose at all in the game.
Not when the same cost is in place for a shard regardless of whether is is for a ML1 item or a ML30 item, or anyplace in between.

Yes, scaling up to cap is nice.
Yes, 3 effects per item is nice.
Those two things could have been accomplished by building on the existing system.

The rest is just whitewash on a turd, and then calling it a diamond.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Plus, random loot is split between martial and caster now. Shouldn't it be time for everyone on this board to claim that this is somehow not exactly what they wanted?

Those doubleshot handwraps aren't doing it for you? they get me off. every. time.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #56 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 10:10pm
Print Post  

Yes and no.

Yes, the bar is so low it wouldn't be too hard to make a positive change that would qualify as a massive improvement.

No, the new CC is not a massive improvement.  They're just polishing a stale turd.  It's better, but definitely not massively better.   

There are/were a ton of easy, low-hanging fruits they could have taken to "massively" improve the CC system (and the new RNG system).  Sadly, they missed most of them.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #57 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 5:00am
Print Post  
Revaulting, I appreciate your candor. Conversations from the outside looking in are always just a tad wrong, but anyone can see that horrible stuff happened behind the scenes at one point. Things were very very very bad. They are getting better.

Right? But that isn't really the question on my mind. Are they getting good?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #58 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 5:52am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 5:00am:
Right? But that isn't really the question on my mind. Are they getting good?

Sorry for chiming in, but if she is who she says she is, then we can assume that she is only familiar with a smasll section of the history of the loot changes. So in her perspective things are getting better.

And as such, your debate may become completely meaningless.
She is convinced that things are getting better (in regard to the status quo).
You are convinced (just as I am) that things are not really getting better, in light of the past 10-12 updates, and the extra sneak-fixes.

But maybe its just that you two should go back to Tinder and continue your glorious "Oh I see dark clouds", "No, shit, I have been through hell, mate!" chitchattin'.  Roll Eyes Tongue
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2016 at 5:53am by m4lacka »  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #59 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 9:37am
Print Post  
I hear the choliform bacteria count is getting lower in Rio, but I still wouldn't swim there.

As others have said, they may be getting better, but they have a huge gap to close before they make it back to "good", and they don't get off the hook simply for being less shitty. I fell for the "we get it now, we'll improve, we promise" more than once, but not any more.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #60 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 5:52am:
But maybe its just that you two should go back to Tinder and continue your glorious "Oh I see dark clouds", "No, shit, I have been through hell, mate!" chitchattin'.  

My house has a rotary phone. Get the hell off my lawn.

Meursault wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 9:37am:
As others have said, they may be getting better, but they have a huge gap to close before they make it back to "good", and they don't get off the hook simply for being less shitty. I fell for the "we get it now, we'll improve, we promise" more than once, but not any more.

DDO has Completely New System cancer. Devs spend their time feverishly coding new things (new crafting systems especially), introducing them to live half-completed, and then ignoring them forever. There's a brief honeymoon period, lasting 1 or 2 patches, where it looks like that pattern will finally break. But no. It never has.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #61 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 5:13pm
Print Post  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #62 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 7:48pm:
An intern got bored for a couple hours = Best QoL update since they decided to stop fucking everyone over with Single Window Fighting.

Surest sign of micromanagement. The game improves x100 when the employees (or reasonable facsimiles thereof) are accidentally given decision power over what to do with their time.

This x 100000000

Lynnabel, we hardly knew ye...  Cry

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #63 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 9:58pm:
I really appreciate the torch waving over here, but I did basically nothing during my month on the dev team in comparison to the rock stars that sat near me.

OK... I won't pretend to know about game development, my exposure to it has been minimal at best.

But I DO know something about Rock Stars, having worked with some of them.

They're ass clowns.

You'd be amazed at how many "rock stars" are not the ones playing on their own albums. (Looking at you Ace Frehley)

While they were face down in the bathroom laying in a pile of their own filth, some "no name" came in and DID THEIR JOBS FOR THEM.

Just because OCCASIONALLY one of these jackasses manages to put together 10 minutes of sobriety to show talent or promise, doesn't mean they should be given a contract.

Never assume that because THEY are "doing it" that they are deserving or competent, or in any way better than you.

The world is NOT a meritocracy.

People like myself make their living on overdoses and psychotic breaks. When some "rock star"  self-destructs, is when us "No Namers" answer the phone and find our time to shine, usually by doing whatever that rock star does BETTER THAN THEY DO.

Consistency is everything.

The world needs people who FINISH WHAT THEY START. Which is exactly what your "Rock Stars" aren't doing.

Take the accolades for what they are.

Remember, all these foul-mouthed Vaultie shut-ins are sitting Shiva over your loss.

Quote:
Also fucking fuck I regret bringing up the fucking striding 40% in quests bug, fuckkkkkkk

RIP 40% STRIDING, 2014-2016

All may be forgiven, in time.  Wink

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Sep 3rd, 2016 at 11:18am:
People like myself make their living on overdoses and psychotic breaks.

confirmed drug dealer

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #65 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 3rd, 2016 at 1:48pm:
confirmed janitor / maintenance man

FTFY

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Clew
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - Sep 4th, 2016 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 6:30pm:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/438926-Lamannia-Release-Notes-(Last-Up...

Quests and Adventure Areas
  • The Hall of Heroes has new rugs.

• Nice

IP Logged

noamineo
    Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
    time fears the pyramids

Reply #67 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 11:10am
    Print Post  
    So with all this, is there a new ETA on when U32 will go live?

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
    Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 11:37am
    Print Post  
    Still soft target of next week with the scheduled restart....

IP Logged

Asheras
    Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
    nice things.

Reply #69 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 11:46am
    Print Post  
    September 13th was the date given by Cordovan on DDOCast.

IP Logged

noamineo
    Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
    time fears the pyramids

Reply #70 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 12:54pm
    Print Post  
    Asheras wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 11:46am:
    September 13th was the date given by Cordovan on DDOCast.

Sweet.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
    Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #71 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 4:14pm
    Print Post  
    Jesus, such super lazy cunts ....... some of the new items are exact cut and pastes of current loot, lol.

Mutilator Of Minds -
    https://www.ddo.com/sites/default/files/mutilatorlook.jpg

Increased Potential -
    http://ddowiki.com/images/Increased_Potential_shown.jpg

Executioners Docent -
    https://www.ddo.com/sites/default/files/execdocentlook.jpg

Livewood Core -
    http://ddowiki.com/images/Livewood_Core_shown.jpg

Like for fucks sakes, no pride in the work ...... Maybe the article just used the wrong pics but it is Turbine so it's not that far of a reach to go with the lazy cunt theory  Undecided

IP Logged

Rubbinns
    The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 4:21pm
    Print Post  
    Jelly_Muffin wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 4:14pm:
    some of the new items are exact cut and pastes of current loot, lol.

nah, bruh. all executioner's outfits are bright green and plant-like  Grin

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
    Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 5:31pm
    Print Post  
    What the fuck is "Insightful Deception"? Will it proc deception at all, or are all sneak attack bonuses just "Deception" these days?

I would pay real money for a "Remove Pauldrons" cosmetic option.

Underwear armor with quality physical sheltering. Lol.

IP Logged

Who Cares
    Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #74 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 10:28pm
    Print Post  
    WeHaveLived wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 5:31pm:
    Underwear armor with quality physical sheltering. Lol

So something like this then?

Fuck Off, That is all
    Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
    WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
    Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
    Send TopicPrint