Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) ROS still worth getting? (Read 26554 times)
Tangelina
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: ROS still worth getting?
Reply #25 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
I remember farming these items for ages, ransack after ransack, that I've given up. But then again, the same thing when farming for Bloodstones and Dusk Heart. Now the question is, were they worth it? At the time, Dusk heart and blood stones were good but since MoTU i found better ones!

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Tangelina wrote on Dec 9th, 2016 at 2:35pm:
I remember farming these items for ages, ransack after ransack, that I've given up. But then again, the same thing when farming for Bloodstones and Dusk Heart. Now the question is, were they worth it? At the time, Dusk heart and blood stones were good but since MoTU i found better ones!

The Dusk Heart is still better than NewCC can do.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #27 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
Eross is dope..

Ross.. not so much

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #28 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Dec 9th, 2016 at 10:15am:
I'm an idiot and completely missed the point again.  Herpa derp.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Dec 10th, 2016 at 2:13am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Dec 9th, 2016 at 10:28pm:
I'm an idiot and let ROSS rot in chest because I love my Daddy too much to learn how to play a video game.

Yes, child, yes.  We hear you.  Now go fool around with [], the adults are talking here.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #30 - Dec 10th, 2016 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Dec 10th, 2016 at 2:13am:
Herpa derp.

Keep on herpa derpin.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #31 - Dec 10th, 2016 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 3:57pm:
Assuming the runspeed suff below stacks, a 10 bard, 4 fighter, 1 barb PDK would likely be the best for this.  I think I recall that the runspeed bonus from Swift Defense seemed to be a bit wonky and required it to be toggled off and back on after zoning or something similar to get the movement boost.

Sustained = 75%
30% - Enhancement - Striding/Speed/etc.
10% - Base - 1 Barbarian
10% - ? - Fast Movement (tier 2 Swashbuckler)
10% - ? - Swift Defense (tier 4 Stalwart Defender)
15% - Action Boost - Expeditious Chant (tier 5 Warchanter)

Boosted = 120%
40% - Enchancement - Shadow Walk (level 5 Bard spell) - can sub Haste at 32% if the graphic stuff with Shadow Walk bothers you.
10% - Base - 1 Barbarain
10% - ? - Fast Movement (tier 2 Swashbuckler)
10% - ? - Swift Defense (tier 4 Stalwart Defender)
50% - Action Boost - Sprint (tier 2 Warchanter or tier 2 Frenzied Berserker)

Had some time to kill while updating and rebooting servers at work today.

In-game testing indicates that Swift Defense is typed as Action Boost so it does not stack with Bard's T5 Expeditious Chant. 
Bard's Swashbuckler enhancement, Fast Movement is typed as a Music bonus.

That means that a 10 bard, 4 rogue, 1 barb would be 4% faster, assuming the runspeed from Acrobat stacks.

As an FYI, with the runspeed on this build it also takes less than 2.5 minutes to run to the namer spawn, kill it if it's up and DD out. 

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
+150 sp per rest, stacking, well, I think that's worth 50 shards, because it's nothing, as someone said. It's less than 4 rerrolls. That's what shards are for, after all.

On the other hand, It's 50 sp each tick, the annoying animation is long and reduces running speed. You will likely never going to use it. It's exacly like twisted talisman (the hit you take from talisman means nothing these days). I have heroic and epic of the talisman and I don't remember last time I used them. That's why I never bothered with heroic SSR.

If I ever get a shard from the chest, I won't care, I'd buyout for up to 150 shards, fuck it, if I needed shards for anything I could just sell slaver stuff, I get tons of that on a run with bots. But it's more likely that I find a way to pass the duped essences to my alts (thought that shit was bta never bothered to pass them when I duped) then to pull a shard.

BTW, what do you people use shards for after all?

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 6:11pm:

Not much.
I bought a Golem Heart once for something like 45 shards.
When I fuck up and die I have bought the 35 shard rez a couple times rather than bother with running back.  Depends on the quest and how much of a run it is.
I've bought dreaming dark potential disks rather than run quests I don't find to be a lot of fun over and over.

I think that's it.  I have a steady trickle coming in because I'll post decent random items for 3/4BO and if they don't sell across 2 weekends I'll melt them.  But some items are almost guaranteed to sell.  I've never bought any from the store and I'm sitting on over 400 right now.  I need to remember about the reroll option, because I've never done that and there are some quests I'd rather spend shards on then ransack.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #34 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 9:14am
Print Post  
I will reroll named loot chests in the first week or two that an update is out, if there is loot I want.  The high initial drop rates make it worthwhile.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #35 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 12th, 2016 at 9:14am:
I will reroll named loot chests in the first week or two that an update is out, if there is loot I want.  The high initial drop rates make it worthwhile.

Didn't cordo tell you? There is no such thing as a "high initial drop rate". Drop rates are the same no matter what.

Cordo told me. He tied me to a chair and he showed me some videos. And when he was done the drop rates were always the same.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #36 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 1:04pm
Print Post  

Silver daily dice rolls obv.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #37 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Also one-time teleports into explorer areas. Tots worth about $1.25 each time to skip a 2 minute run.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #38 - Dec 13th, 2016 at 8:57am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Dec 12th, 2016 at 10:57am:
Didn't cordo tell you? There is no such thing as a "high initial drop rate". Drop rates are the same no matter what.

Cordo told me. He tied me to a chair and he showed me some videos. And when he was done the drop rates were always the same.

Yes.  I am aware of this.  It hasn't altered my behavior pattern at all the first 2 weeks a quest is out.  Maybe I'm just stubborn.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #39 - Dec 13th, 2016 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
I think there's definitely something odd about the drop rates when content is new versus mature.

However, I am starting to suspect that the global drop rates may not change with the age of the content but that there's some sort of anti-farming code that is character specific and tied to the life of the toon.  I think it may be similar to the ransack code that just slowly lowers the chances of getting named loot on a given toon in a given mission based on how many times that toon has run it.  We know for sure they can track how many times a toon has run a mission (/quest completions) and we know they have code to manipulate drop rates based on the number of completions (ransack).   It would have been trivial for them to use parts of that code to do something like this.

My anecdotal evidence is that when U31 was released, I was on a build/life that could sneak the entire Good Intentions mission on EE in under 10 minutes so I ransacked it for a couple of weeks straight helping guildies get the named loot.   The first week, I had multiples of every named item drop for that toon.  By the second and third weeks, even with fresh ransack timers, that toon was getting virtually zero named drops even though they were falling like rain for other people in the group who hadn't ransacked it like I did.

I've TR'd twice since that.  Occasionally I'll go back and run that mission again if someone needs something from it.  My toon still almost never gets named loot anymore, even though I only run it maybe once a month now.  The other people in the group who haven't farmed it like I did still seem to get a decent rate of named drops.

I recently leveled an alt to 30 and ran the mission multiple times on that toon to get the ring.  I got 3 or 4 named items before hitting ransack.  I suspect if I had continued to ransack it for another week or two, the named drop rates would dwindle to minimal rates even after the ransack timers had reset.

I'm aware that this is all anecdotal and that the sample sizes are small, but I've spent enough hours in the game over the past few years to get an overall feel for the drop rates of named items in general.  They definitely change in some way as new content ages.

If I am correct, technically Turbine has told the truth when they denied changing the global drop rates after new content has been out a while.   If it's per character and it's automated, they're not actually "changing the global rate".  Hell, even if a character-specific lifetime ransack code does exist, the current dev team may not be aware of it given their lack of knowledge and general incompetence at the other stuff we've seen.
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2016 at 1:38pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #40 - Dec 13th, 2016 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
Everybody makes up a story that fits their experience. The trick is in finding a story that's comfortable.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #41 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 2:37am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Dec 13th, 2016 at 10:30pm:
Everybody makes up a story that fits their experience. The trick is in finding a story that's comfortable.

When the experience is consistent across several years and there's only one or two stories that fit, it's hardly "made up".

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 6:45am
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Dec 12th, 2016 at 1:04pm:
Silver daily dice rolls obv.

Silver, really? I mostly use shards for gold rolls, to get xp tokens and bank to burn at lv 1 when I do a heroic TR. What's with silver that I'm missing?

Edit: I also use sometimes to reroll on easy heroic but annoying farms, like Bauble farm, it's good because heroic reroll is cheaper. But that's once and done.
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2016 at 6:46am by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #43 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 7:38am
Print Post  

Tomes & boxes.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 9:25am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Dec 13th, 2016 at 1:36pm:
I buy into tin foil hat conspiracy theories, because what the masses believe is far more important to me than facts.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 14th, 2016 at 2:37am:
I believe in old wives tales and bad juju because my mind is simple and easily confused.

Turbine can tweak drop rates all the time and we'd never know it.  But you know what would actually reveal this nefarious conspiracy?  Facts.

Really, all it would take would be the logs of people who didn't tweak their data in order to try to promote some idiot theory.

Case in point:  I read in several places that the daily dice roll was bugged.  That you needed to do a '/roll d100' a few times before rolling your daily dice roll, because rolling earlier would result in lower rolls.  So I tested this conspiracy theory.  I rolled my daily/weekly dice roll as soon as I could after logging on, and logged the results.  While my gold rolls ended before I had a significant sample size, the daily rolls fell right in line with the expected %.  So much for that tin foil hat theory.

So fuck off unless you present some actual data.  My tin foil hat is stronger than your tin foil hat. As soon as you stop letting ~1% rare drops rot in chests because you don't know how to do a buyback, then you can try to tell me something about the game.  Fucking idiot.

« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2016 at 9:30am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #45 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Dec 14th, 2016 at 9:25am:
Herpa derp! I fail at reading and don't know what anecdotal means. 

Herpa derp! I try to act superior and refute anecdotal evidence and theories with my own anecdotal evidence (aka "before I had a significant sample size") from something completely unrelated.

Herpa derp! I'm too slow to recognize when someone doesn't give enough of a fuck about some gimpy named item rotting and just stupidly and incorrectly assume they don't know about l337 buyback hackz...

LOL.  Ok, moron, you're all about the facts and actual data eh?  Time to put up or shut up. 

1% eh?  Let's see those facts.  Go ahead and kill General Tanankh 100 times.  Be sure to document all 100 kills with a screenshot of the corpse, the loot window from the chest, and a browser tab showing the date and time from http://www.time.gov/ in it.  No cheating by looting a bunch of the chests while on ransack, either.  I bet you'll get more than 1 RoSS.  Hell, you'll get 2 or more.  To make sure the data is accurate, you should probably do two sets of 100 kills.

Between my main and alts I really doubt I've killed Tanankh 100+ times but I've seen at least 6 RoSS.

« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2016 at 1:33pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #46 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
I love how people still denny the whole trick drop-rating thing.

Yeah, no one's taken the time to do in-depth statistics on that shit, but the anecdotal evidence is a fucking mountain.

Add to that Turbine's abject refusal to reveal actual drop rates and you've definitely got something stinky going on. That's honestly the biggest single proof out there.

Other games publish their drop rates freely. Why doesn't turbine?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #47 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Have you heard of Rodrak?
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2016 at 3:28pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #48 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Dec 14th, 2016 at 6:45am:
Silver, really? I mostly use shards for gold rolls, to get xp tokens and bank to burn at lv 1 when I do a heroic TR. What's with silver that I'm missing?

Rolls 1 on sarcasm check.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #49 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 14th, 2016 at 3:28pm:
Have you heard of Rodrak?

Some quick googling indicates that they were a DDO player and most of their posts on the motherboards seem to be related to loot drops and drop rates.  The timestamps on those posts show they were well before the time I started playing DDO though.   

Can you provide the summary of why he is relevant to this?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint