Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Pity the new ddo player... (Read 17405 times)
cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Pity the new ddo player...
Jun 25th, 2013 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
For he will be pushed into Wayfinder.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/419094-Should-we-stay-or-should-wei-go...

Cordovan:
Quote:
We have taken a couple of steps today that may have an impact on Wayfinder's population. We have removed the [DE] text from the launcher, since Wayfinder is no longer a German-language-specific server. We have also made Wayfinder the default "recommended world" for new players.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Re: Pity the new ddo player...
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2013 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
lol

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2013 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
newbs will log on, see a dead server and then just log right the fuck off. Sounds like a great idea.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2013 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Cordovan's master plan to destroy DDO from within proceeds apace.

IP Logged

painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #4 - Jun 25th, 2013 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
if they want more traffic on wayfinder, why not give everyone a 5% xp bonus for the summer on that server only...would be tempting to someone who isn't that attached to their guild/server Wink

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #5 - Jun 25th, 2013 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Jun 25th, 2013 at 12:55pm:

This.  After so many people said he was useless.

Am I the only person to notice that there is no overlap in posting history between Totmacher and Cordovan?

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #6 - Jun 25th, 2013 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Jun 25th, 2013 at 12:55pm:

This isn't his idea.

Any idea this dumb has to come from upper-management.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #7 - Jun 25th, 2013 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
This is a stupid idea.  It should point to Orien or Cannith.  Whichever has the lower population.  They are populated enough to provide help and some activity level for pugging.  Wayfinder should probably be shut down and integrated into one of the existing servers.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jun 25th, 2013 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Jun 25th, 2013 at 12:30pm:
Cordovan: We have taken a couple of steps today that may have an impact on Wayfinder's population. We have removed the [DE] text from the launcher, since Wayfinder is no longer a German-language-specific server. We have also made Wayfinder the default "recommended world" for new players.

Too little, too late. 

http://www.ddoracle.com/Traffic.html is pretty awesome.
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2013 at 4:58pm by Carpone »  

IP Logged

LafoMamone
Waterworks Kobold

Feather of Sun's Chief
Muse

Reply #9 - Jun 25th, 2013 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
What a great idea. Let's pump a server that wasn't wanted, needed, and consumes resources while being less lively than a week old turd.

And I know Jerry is most likely just the messenger, but fuck him anyway.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Reply #10 - Jun 25th, 2013 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
This is either going to be a genius move once again, or it will be yet another faceplant on an already bruised and swollen face.

Sending new players to a server that genuinely desires more players, and a server that will most likely be as helpful to new players as every DDO server was when F2P launched, I can see this is being either or.

I remember my beginning days, and the old guard was very new player friendly. They/we are jaded now, but consider how desperate Wayfinder is for people.

I think it will be allright if we group all the noobs on Wayfinder for awhile, they want them over there anyway, and it is just the 'recommended' server for new players after all. Smiley

MAGA!

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jun 26th, 2013 at 2:47am
Print Post  
I'm sorry but DDO isn't getting new players, so it's pointless either way.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #12 - Jun 26th, 2013 at 4:20am
Print Post  
If they opened up free character transfers, I'd probably be over there like a shot  Wink

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Dhalgren
Big Sexy

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jun 26th, 2013 at 7:51am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jun 26th, 2013 at 2:47am:

Probably true, at least in the sense that it's not gaining like it used to. But not true in the absolute sense--I have seen newbies in our guild and some who have started their own new guilds.

Would like to see some more advertising/incentives to join, though.

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Can we vote players to that server?
Reply #14 - Jun 26th, 2013 at 7:56am
Print Post  
I would like that.

Nominate players to be shipped to Wayfinder.  Turbine staff checks their history of not playing nice.

A global vote is then put in place, and the server can vote to ship the player to Wayfinder.  The player does have one week to put out a global message of why they should not be shipped.

Better yet, once a player is nominate, Turbine just does it without telling anyone.  The player would not be receiving a ban, just a purgatory.  Unless you a german of course, then it would be nirvana.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #15 - Jun 26th, 2013 at 9:26am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jun 26th, 2013 at 2:47am:

Nonsense.  My server is full of them.   Check your who list for non-guided 1-4s . . . who do you think they are?

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #16 - Jun 26th, 2013 at 9:31am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jun 26th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Nonsense.  My server is full of them.   Check your who list for non-guided 1-4s . . . who do you think they are?

Aren't those all Zonixxx or whatever?

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #17 - Jun 26th, 2013 at 11:56am
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Jun 26th, 2013 at 9:31am:
Aren't those all Zonixxx or whatever?

Heh. But no, people have to level their multiboxes to level 25 so tomes can be pulled.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Reply #18 - Jun 26th, 2013 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Jun 25th, 2013 at 9:36pm:
This is either going to be a genius move once again, or it will be yet another faceplant on an already bruised and swollen face.

Sending new players to a server that genuinely desires more players, and a server that will most likely be as helpful to new players as every DDO server was when F2P launched, I can see this is being either or.

I remember my beginning days, and the old guard was very new player friendly. They/we are jaded now, but consider how desperate Wayfinder is for people.

I think it will be allright if we group all the noobs on Wayfinder for awhile, they want them over there anyway, and it is just the 'recommended' server for new players after all. Smiley

Love seeing fresh ideas over there, lmao.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/419265-Wayfinder-Part-IV-A-new-hope

Wayfinder Part IV: A new hope
I had the same thought "are they crazy another terrible idea in a month filled with terrible ideas"? and posted as much already but on thinking about it further;

Okay maybe Wayfinder wont be filled with looted out veterans who've done everything and can't be arsed to help a newb out, there are positives although I think this choice is a little daft on Turbines part the player base could make it something positive.

Everyone who's not an elitist uber player start a lvl 1 toon (and a Vet 4 and 7 and a Bladeforged 15 if you have them) on Wayfinder and help new players, in a few months we'll have the least "BYOH STRONGS ONLY SELECTIVE DON'T SUCK" server community in the game.

I am thinking of starting a dungeon crawler guild over there, not perma death, but explore, complete and enjoy the journey. I think it might be fun to run quests purely for the fun of running them, not spoiling everything with "that optional is not enough XP to be worth doing" meta gaming. I'm sure some newer players will develop into hard core elitist types, but it's would be interesting to see if a more friendly grown up and mature (and relaxed) community could be made in DDO.

Wayfinder is an interesting opportunity. Friendly helpful players can turn a puzzling game endangering decision into a positive new player friendly server...

MAGA!

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #19 - Jun 26th, 2013 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Jun 26th, 2013 at 11:56am:
Heh. But no, people have to level their multiboxes to level 25 so tomes can be pulled.

But you don't use those toons for salesmen, do you?  Why invest all that time?

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #20 - Jun 26th, 2013 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Jun 26th, 2013 at 5:31pm:
Love seeing fresh ideas over there, lmao.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/419265-Wayfinder-Part-IV-A-new-hope

Wayfinder Part IV: A new hope
I had the same thought "are they crazy another terrible idea in a month filled with terrible ideas"? and posted as much already but on thinking about it further;

Okay maybe Wayfinder wont be filled with looted out veterans who've done everything and can't be arsed to help a newb out, there are positives although I think this choice is a little daft on Turbines part the player base could make it something positive.

Everyone who's not an elitist uber player start a lvl 1 toon (and a Vet 4 and 7 and a Bladeforged 15 if you have them) on Wayfinder and help new players, in a few months we'll have the least "BYOH STRONGS ONLY SELECTIVE DON'T SUCK" server community in the game.

I am thinking of starting a dungeon crawler guild over there, not perma death, but explore, complete and enjoy the journey. I think it might be fun to run quests purely for the fun of running them, not spoiling everything with "that optional is not enough XP to be worth doing" meta gaming. I'm sure some newer players will develop into hard core elitist types, but it's would be interesting to see if a more friendly grown up and mature (and relaxed) community could be made in DDO.

Wayfinder is an interesting opportunity. Friendly helpful players can turn a puzzling game endangering decision into a positive new player friendly server...

That guy is an idiot. But I guess I am an elitist prick.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #21 - Jun 27th, 2013 at 9:26am
Print Post  
My guess is he's a useless cunt who can't do shit and wants to LEAD teh noobs to feel uber .
Like Chai who has an army of devoted worshippers that he raised with some secret tricks, bu he can't talk about that of course.

IP Logged

White Knight
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 11:41am
Print Post  
+10% xp for the rest of the year on this server. Seems like it would just be better to close it and merge everyone into other servers.

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #23 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 11:43am
Print Post  
White Knight wrote on Jul 3rd, 2013 at 11:41am:
+10% xp for the rest of the year on this server. Seems like it would just be better to close it and merge everyone into other servers.

Say what? Link it. I rolled a fresh toon on Wayfinder. Its a ghost town during peak North American hours
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2013 at 11:44am by Luxgolg »  

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 11:48am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint