Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Duping Fixed On Lama (Read 34194 times)
Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Re: Duping Fixed On Lama
Reply #75 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 9:31am
Print Post  
The problem they have is that the content is not interesting enough to hold your attention for such things as grinding ingredients.  Duping also accomplishes that same thing...  you complete everything quick and then lose interest because you already have everything.

So, either way they are fucked.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #76 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Dec 3rd, 2014 at 9:31am:
The problem they have is that the content is not interesting enough to hold your attention for such things as grinding ingredients.  Duping also accomplishes that same thing...  you complete everything quick and then lose interest because you already have everything.

So, either way they are fucked.

I like the Shroud. That was an awesome raid that is so much fun to repeat, if only to grind out gear/ingredients.

They went overboard with Thunderforged. They got too greedy with raid bypass timers. There was too much pay to win, that exploiting became the easiest course.

I would still play raids if they're fun. Lag wipes are not fun at all.

That said, my caster is gonna hit epic levels soon(ish) - Orien, get ready to rumble!!!

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 10:09am
Print Post  
Shroud was also great for having tons of loot along the way - so there were people running it just for making income, even when nothing shroud specific not needed - just for plat+completions to have slight chance of tomes at 20ths

now u have to run the raid to have 20th to actually get something from raid loot.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #78 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 10:49am
Print Post  
I have to disagree.  There is no quest/raid I find that interesting that I want to run it every night when I log in.  If a friend sents me a tell or I see someone I know running a raid, maybe I go.  Mostly, I just do a quick run through the Epic Orchard quests and call it a night. 

I can remember spending hours doing raids on multiple toons trying to get raid loot having a blast with friends along the way....usually cracking jokes and making fun of how someone died.  That was of course before raid timers and before top end gear being crafted stuff. 

Now, if I want to run a raid, I can do it by myself over and over with raid timers.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #79 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Good old days before motu, running raids on hard or elite for challenge.  Cheesy
Vod, tod, hox, shroud, chrono, von6.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #80 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Dec 3rd, 2014 at 11:34am:
Good old days before motu, running raids on hard or elite for challenge.  Cheesy

That can still happen.

Everyone roll up a fresh iconic. We're doing VOD!

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Puppies
Waterworks Kobold

"Sua Sponte" "De Oppresso
Liber"

Reply #81 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Dec 3rd, 2014 at 11:34am:

Back when it was Modules and not Updates...

How long did it take for Module 2 - Titan to be defeated? Like 2 and a half years or something?

Now shit is kinda weak...even w/ my underpar swashie I can tank and kill both the dragons on Thunder Peak on EH (havent tried EE)...

They kinda took away from the adventurous part. Back during Alpha, Beta, Founders and early 2006/2007 my guild that migrated from Morningthaw from Asheron's Call 1 (Knights of Fortune) we would get drunk and scream at each other on party chat when we wiped in Kobold Assault on Hard.

Granted; even though I do exploit shit to make it easier, I dont enjoy the Shroud, or Thunderholme, or DW/TP Raids, or Epic Necro4, or Abbot/MoD any less than I did before.

Plus it kinda makes dudes feel good when you're just giving away all your taps and phlogs.

Just my $.02

"The Quieter you Become - the More you are able to Hear"

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #82 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Dec 3rd, 2014 at 11:57am:
That can still happen.

But now you cant fail, when was the last time you had raid wipe?
How can it happen when everyone have 1000000 pots.
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2014 at 12:12pm by Viktor Vaughn »  

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #83 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
My opinion is that they should go back to the old raid loot rules, slightly adjusted.  On normal or Epic normal..  regular crappy drops we see now.  On Hard, 1 piece guaranteed, Elite 2 pieces guaranteed.  Get rid of raid timer bypasses, but lower the counter to like 24 hours or something.  Although I do use the bypasses (because they are there), it has definitely made this game less friendly.  People run 1 toon and with a static group of folks who all have bypasses..
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2014 at 12:17pm by Kluege »  

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #84 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Dec 3rd, 2014 at 12:11pm:

Fresh iconic. With NADA in their inventory except the iconic starter equipment. No pots. No scrolls.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #85 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Dec 3rd, 2014 at 12:11pm:

Its not the pots or the duping that made this game easy.... it was the epic destiny system.  There has not been any kind of challenge with this game since that happened.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #86 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Dec 3rd, 2014 at 10:49am:
I have to disagree.  There is no quest/raid I find that interesting that I want to run it every night when I log in. 

EE MOD speed runs.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #87 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Dec 3rd, 2014 at 11:57am:
That can still happen.

bravery Bonus VOD pugs can still be very entertaining.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #88 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Dec 3rd, 2014 at 12:59pm:
There has not been any kind of challenge with this game since that happened.

There is still a challenge on a new character until you get Divine Crusader, Fury or LD maxed out.  Once that happens however yeah, you coast.  Even my monk in GMOF coasted from 25-28.  Charge EIN, create a train, poof.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #89 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 3:41am
Print Post  
Nope, false alarm, duping still works (lamm, as of dec 3), just differently.  Cheesy

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #90 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 3:42am
Print Post  
And gj turdbin for keeping features for 5 years now. Wink

The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Oracler
Titan Demolisher

Sploits! omnomnom..

Reply #91 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Dec 5th, 2014 at 3:41am:
Nope, false alarm, duping still works (lamm, as of dec 3), just differently.  Cheesy

Care to elaborate? or a hint ?

Here's a drama, There's a drama, and another little drama
Fuzzy drama, Funny drama, drama drama duck

drama drama, cheesecake drama, tablet, brick, potato, drama
drama drama mushroom drama, drama drama duck

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #92 - Dec 6th, 2014 at 2:42am
Print Post  
Oracler wrote on Dec 5th, 2014 at 7:56pm:

Use PM's pls.  Don't make their job easier.
Actually make them do some QA before releasing.

Or better yet, leave them thinking "job done" and pat themselves on the back, while we use yet another workaround.
Wink

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #93 - Dec 6th, 2014 at 4:15am
Print Post  
Oracler wrote on Dec 5th, 2014 at 7:56pm:

The only hint I am going to give is the classic hint you get here.
Go somewhere in game, where you either use something or not, which requires you to either DC or not. And maybe do some stuff to create a process delay.

Wow.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #94 - Dec 6th, 2014 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Dec 6th, 2014 at 2:42am:
Use PM's pls.  Don't make their job easier.
Actually make them do some QA before releasing.

Or better yet, leave them thinking "job done" and pat themselves on the back, while we use yet another workaround.

As long as the title of the thread isn't interesting to Turbine AND the first post in the thread doesn't enumerate the process at a second grade reading level (including screenshots), they won't find it here.

Unless someone decides to send MajMal a PM.
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2014 at 12:50pm by OldCoaly »  

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #95 - Dec 6th, 2014 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Dec 6th, 2014 at 12:48pm:
As long as the title of the thread isn't interesting to Turbine AND the boobies in the thread doesn't enumerate the process at a second grade reading level (including screenshots), they won't find it here.

I was rather fond of a few old Hi Welcome posts in the honeypot.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Rincewind
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #96 - Dec 6th, 2014 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Dec 6th, 2014 at 12:48pm:
As long as the title of the thread isn't interesting to Turbine AND the first post in the thread doesn't enumerate the process at a second grade reading level (including screenshots), they won't find it here.

Does MAjMal still cares about DDO?? did he ever? ;p

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #97 - Dec 6th, 2014 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
Rincewind wrote on Dec 6th, 2014 at 4:46pm:

I really don't think he does now.  Having moved on, I doubt he cares about crap like this to send info to Turdbine.

However, he could join with a new account and become a contributor to help us resist the Zyngafication of DDO.   Wink
Succumb to the power of the Dark Side MajMal, let your hatred manifest, let your anger fill you, focus your revenge on those who did you ill!
Grin
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2014 at 6:31pm by DropBear »  

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #98 - Dec 6th, 2014 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Rincewind wrote on Dec 6th, 2014 at 4:46pm:

He cared enough to make posts, and he cared enough to make some of his posts seem as though he was engaged, which is more effort than most of the developers put forward.

I don't think he was a saint, but he might have cared a little.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #99 - Dec 6th, 2014 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Dec 6th, 2014 at 6:29pm:
However, he could join with a new account and become a contributor to help us resist the Zyngafication of DDO.   
Succumb to the power of the Dark Side MajMal, let your hatred manifest, let your anger fill you, focus your revenge on those who did you ill!

Wolverines!

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint