Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Anyone Interested in An Alternative to The Vault? (Read 45907 times)
yabber
Ex Member

Re: Anyone Interested in An Alternative to The Vault?
Reply #25 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Illetirated wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:05pm:
The only thing that bothers me on the vault is the spammers like DiddleDoo

The only thing that bothers me on the vault is:

I've had enough of it... i207.photobucket.com ... meet the hosts file. Problem solved! Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:18pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #26 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb21/elfacada/Gifs/japao1.gif

I've had enough of it... i207.photobucket.com ... meet the hosts file. Problem solved! Smiley

Ad Blocker is great for this, which of course is just a hosts file wrapper but still, nice to just right click and blix stuff at work when people here post ridiculous shit

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #27 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 6:34pm:
You being a dick just to do the provoking isn't all that cool in my book.

I agree with this.

Ignore the needless dickery.  They leave or shut up given a lack of interaction.

edited because tablet autocorrect didn't like "dickery"
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2015 at 11:25pm by OldCoaly »  

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #28 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 8:34pm:
Yeah you're right.

I would just like to see more people from the regular forums come here to participate and learn to the extent that it is possible. I'd also like obnoxious people who pad post counts clogging up threads with nonsense to get booted. I don't mean people joking around that's fine, but when two people go at it and create 30 threads of garbage, that's a bit annoying.

To those giving me shit right now,

People can complain about the fight I had with Hag Master in builds, but really, look at my post history and look at his. Who padded who's post count and who has at least tried to contribute over time? That guy is a complete joke.

You're guilty of the garbage posting, too.  Your defense of said garbage posting is rendered moot by the kindergarten level life lessons of "Two wrongs don't make a right." and "It takes two to fight."

Trying to win an argument with an idiot on the internet generally just makes you the other idiot in the argument.  Even if you win the argument, what have you won?  You beat an idiot in an argument on the internet... big deal.  If they win however... you just lost an argument to an idiot. 

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 8:34pm:
People can complain about the fight I had with Hag Master in builds, but really, look at my post history and look at his. Who padded who's post count and who has at least tried to contribute over time? That guy is a complete joke.

Despite this place supposedly being a cesspool, you have the very simple ability to just ignore trolls. It doesnt require moderation. It doesnt require people being banned. You can ignore them.

And when Strake gets angry he will step in and deal with them.

I cant imagine a time when I would get worked up over anything anyone said.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #30 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
HairyO wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:57pm:
Despite this place supposedly being a cesspool, you have the very simple ability to just ignore trolls. It doesnt require moderation. It doesnt require people being banned. You can ignore them.

And when Strake gets angry he will step in and deal with them.

I cant imagine a time when I would get worked up over anything anyone said.

cool story you must be rad

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
For the most part, I agree.

However, there are some here who are dicks merely because they can be without getting banned/being moderated or whatever.

It's ok to be a dick if the situation warrants it like when you're needlessly provoked. Another time when it's ok is when responding to a completely moronic post. (Example: Experience point bonuses like potions, VIP bonus, etc. stack additively and have for years. Some dumbass comes along and claims they stack multiplicatively despite common knowledge to the contrary.) In cases like that, I say "Fire away."

Well said.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #32 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 11:16pm:
cool story you must be rad

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

AllBorkedup
Waterworks Kobold

Be Happy~!

Reply #33 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
HairyO wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:57pm:

Well put.

The whole world is going politically correct and it sickens me. Last thing the vault needs is regulation to prevent someone's tender feelings from being bruised.  if I don't like something I skip to the next thread. Its my choice on what I want to see or read or participate in. If something truly upsets you or offends you then move along to somewhere else.

I don't even bother with the motherboards anymore as the drivel on them is not even worth reading. I prefer the vault as it is uncensored within reason. As for post counts who cares.. its quite simple to figure out who the morons are and just skipping over them. Trying to control it is a waste of time better spent on

IP Logged

AllBorkedup
Waterworks Kobold

Be Happy~!

Reply #34 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
Yes there is a post above the picture ... Tongue

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 12:02am
Print Post  
Quote:

*picy-pic*

What type of weirdo would post that pic?

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #36 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 12:13am
Print Post  
There is a lot of stupid/useless/offensive posts here.
There is a lot of stupid/useless/offensive posts on the moderated forum.
It seems to me that moderation does not really help that much.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #37 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 12:51am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 8:14pm:
This is very lightly moderated.  At this point in the games life though, I think you'll find it's a bit to late to establish another knowledgable and worthwhile forum.

Yes.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #38 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 12:53am
Print Post  
HairyO wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 8:26pm:
Instead of padding your post count to get to the secret section, just send Strake $50 and Im sure he will unlock the entire forum for you.

It is $60 since January.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #39 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 1:02am
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jun 16th, 2015 at 12:53am:
It is $60 since January.

Ya gotta love inflation.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #40 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 3:02am
Print Post  
However, there are some here who are dicks merely because they can be without getting banned/being moderated or whatever.

Yur mutha wears combat boots.

A new forums would be a waste of anybody's time.  The forums not the problem, the problem is the asshats that play ddo.  Yeah we get rough here but its really no worse than the paladins on the motherboard.  Anything resembling constructive criticism there at best gets you rimmed by a bunch of paladins and, at worst, rimmed by a bunch of paladins and banned by Jerry.

Fact is, a new forum would just be a mix of paladins and vaulties and would probably end up with even more fighting than the existing forums. 

You want a happy place, make it in your head - cause it sure ain't happening out here in the real world.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #41 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 3:12am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 7:39pm:
I guess my inital post wasnt very well worded. What I meant was, does anyone think a very lightly moderated Vault would fly?

Group moderation is the de facto model here. Strake's Rule: Do Not Make Strake Do Work, sees to that. As Munk said, you're looking at light moderation. What you're suggesting is work.

Another way to change The Vault, as hinted by Arkat, is to step up and be a leader. Force is an escalation. Practice de-escalation. It works.

It's just less exciting than escalation.

harharharhar wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 8:41pm:
While I'm not particularly polite or fluffy on the forums, I generally do not go around flaming people and going nuts. But Hag just particularly rubs me the wrong way.

This is called special pleading. Everyone does it. One step towards fewer annoying flame wars would be to practice noticing it when you do it, and finding a way to fit your ideal, without exceptions "because really good reason."

DropBear wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 6:54pm:
Ooh - 1 more stealth change. Have all Turdbine related IP's seamlessly redirected to an archive version of the Vault, but make all the posts seem current.

Shit. It's annoying enough already when my VPN cycles through Boston....

Strakeln wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 9:04pm:
I sense entertainment potential in a moderated board.

Uh ... I think we just discovered a fourth rule: Do Not Entertain Strake.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

merciless
Dragon Raider

Reply #42 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 3:29am
Print Post  
For the casual obsever/lurker like myself, a watered down vault would be rubbish.
where would the fun be in that?

Some are insane, and the're in charge.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #43 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 4:07am
Print Post  
For the most part, I agree.

It's ok to be a dick if the situation warrants it like when you're needlessly provoked. Another time when it's ok is when responding to a completely moronic post. (Example: Experience point bonuses like potions, VIP bonus, etc. stack additively and have for years. Some dumbass comes along and claims they stack multiplicatively despite common knowledge to the contrary.) In cases like that, I say "Fire away."

I am recieving special attention from you these days. Thanks! Wink

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 4:09am
Print Post  
All the crybitches here want changes so they can get rid of the cancerous trolly members that they simply can't handle....
You are worse than Uurlock and you should roll over and die...
Don't forget to spam that report button

Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:46am:
I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #45 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 4:20am
Print Post  
Bacardi wrote on Jun 16th, 2015 at 4:09am:
All the crybitches here want changes so they can get rid of the cancerous trolly members that they simply can't handle....

Whoa! I wont let you address Arkat in such a way! Shocked Cheesy

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #46 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 4:34am
Print Post  
cancerous trolly members

You misspelled 'Greeks.'

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #47 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 5:36am
Print Post  
Well, as I see it there are two options for a new DDO forum:

a) Make a forum, be the modrater and keep the trolls at bay. That's a lot of work and you will get a lot of hate regardless.

b) Make a forum without moderation and it will turn into the vault II asap.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #48 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 5:44am
Print Post  

Wow, a crybitch eh - first time for everything.
Mind if I borrow that to use on my kid's kinder class?
That should keep them in line.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #49 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 5:53am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 7:39pm:
I guess my inital post wasnt very well worded. What I meant was, does anyone think a very lightly moderated Vault would fly?

nope. For obvious reasons it will have to be a completely different forum fully separate from The Vault.

now as Strake said, it's not difficult to create a webforum, there's lots of sites that provide that kind of service for free. ( you just have to bear the ad )
Basically choice a) below :

string table error, tableDID wrote on Jun 16th, 2015 at 5:36am:
a) Make a forum, be the moderator and keep the trolls at bay. That's a lot of work and you will get a lot of hate regardless.

b) Make a forum without moderation and it will turn into the vault II asap.

anything less will be option b)

note:
for option a) you can set up a team of moderators instead of a single one... it has some advantages, but it also has some drawbacks...
And Drama between moderators is always fun to watch as a 'lowly poster'.... especially since most of the time it result in the forum splitting in two separate forums...
( think civil war ).

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Send TopicPrint