Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Shoemaker's server (Read 15650 times)
Illiterate
Titan Demolisher

Yataaaa

Re: Shoemaker's server
Reply #25 - Jun 14th, 2016 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on Jun 14th, 2016 at 7:23pm:
we told you so.

What did you tell us?

IP Logged

MookieBlaylock10
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Jun 15th, 2016 at 12:11am
Print Post  
Durk wrote on Jun 11th, 2016 at 6:11pm:
I guess neither of the existing two DDO discord servers were good enough?

Of course not, they were not created by the GOD of the wiki! We all need to bow down to him, as he reminds us daily

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #27 - Jun 19th, 2016 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
MookieBlaylock10 wrote on Jun 15th, 2016 at 12:11am:
Of course not, they were not created by the GOD of the wiki! We all need to bow down to him, as he reminds us daily

God damn motherfucker pasted his server in a banner across the top of every DDOwiki page. Seriously. What a fucking asshole. He needs his shit put in check.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #28 - Jun 19th, 2016 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 19th, 2016 at 4:45pm:
God damn motherfucker pasted his server in a banner across the top of every DDOwiki page. Seriously. What a fucking asshole. He needs his shit put in check.

I saw that, too, but I'm having a hard time getting worked up about it.

So far it's been pretty easy to not connect to his chat server.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #29 - Jun 19th, 2016 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jun 19th, 2016 at 4:52pm:
I saw that, too, but I'm having a hard time getting worked up about it.

So far it's been pretty easy to not connect to his chat server.

The wiki is not his personal advertising company. He is a fucking piece of shit.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #30 - Jun 19th, 2016 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
I see a lot of whining when what I expected was a bunch of trolling Wink

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jun 19th, 2016 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 19th, 2016 at 4:45pm:

His server, his wiki.  Check him how?  And why?

Revaulting wrote on Jun 19th, 2016 at 8:51pm:
The wiki is not his personal advertising company. He is a fucking piece of shit.

He could link to his favorite port site or pictures of his cat for all I care.  As long as he is the admin the wiki is his personal whatever he wants it to be.
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2016 at 9:33pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #32 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 2:57am
Print Post  
Well, it is annoying. He's not the owner of the wiki or anything. Wiki has also other admins (not necessarily wiki gods though) who don't advertise their shit all over the place.

However,
* I'm tired of arguing with him.
* This time at least the used colors are mild.
* The message does not mention that "I won my own competition, go me!"

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #33 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 2:38am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 19th, 2016 at 9:30pm:
He could link to his favorite port site or pictures of his cat for all I care.  As long as he is the admin the wiki is his personal whatever he wants it to be.

Crowdsourcing needs folks like him. But it breaks down when any one individual can't be checked.

IP Logged

yk49
Korthos Resident

Lazy wiki admin/Thelanian
piker

Reply #34 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 6:28am
Print Post  
i just made that ad smaller and refreshed page cache on busy pages. better now?

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #35 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 8:41am
Print Post  
im a huge fan of this discord thing and i would be extremely ravaged rectally if p4p started using it

please dont
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2016 at 8:42am by eighnuss »  

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #36 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 8:41am:
im a huge fan of this discord thing and i would be extremely ravaged rectally if p4p started using it

please dont

I don't do requests, faggot.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #37 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
yk49 wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 6:28am:
i just made that ad smaller and refreshed page cache on busy pages. better now?

I appreciate the gesture. I really do. Not everyone can respond to being name-called with a good faith gesture and open dialogue. Couldn't the info be placed on its own page, though? Along with the other chat servers? A banner at the top of every page is ... not how the wiki organizes other information of this kind.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 5:35pm:
I appreciate the gesture. I really do. Not everyone can respond to being name-called with a good faith gesture and open dialogue.

Seriously.  I didn't have a problem with the banner, but this demonstrates an amount of thick skin that the Turbine devs should have grown (long) prior to the 10th anniversary event.

Bravo!

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #39 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 6:41pm:
demonstrates an amount of thick skin that the Turbine devs should have grown (long) prior to the 10th anniversary event.

Bravo!

IKR?

Regardless of whether there's more dialogue, I've already gained respect for Shoemaker for giving me the benefit of the doubt, and directly addressing what he could piece together from my (admittedly incoherent and rude) complaints.

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 5:35pm:
Couldn't the info be placed on its own page, though? Along with the other chat servers?

It's in the IRC Chat/Discord page, which is linked in the header that also appears on every page.
On sufficiently wide browsers, it also lines up directly below the ad banner's link.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #41 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 2:04am
Print Post  
apep wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 10:47pm:
It's in the IRC Chat/Discord page, which is linked in the header that also appears on every page.
On sufficiently wide browsers, it also lines up directly below the ad banner's link.

So ... everybody who GAF about IRC chat/Discord already has a link & a page for the info. Well, good.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 8:06am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 2:04am:
So ... everybody who GAF about IRC chat/Discord already has a link & a page for the info. Well, good.

Rather than a banner it could just be included in the main links already at the top of each page.  Like such:

Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Discord • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats • Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Skills • Spells

I mean, what's the difference?  This would at least keep it from being a banner 'ad.'

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #43 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 8:23am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 8:06am:
Rather than a banner it could just be included in the main links already at the top of each page.  Like such:

Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Discord • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats • Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Skills • Spells

I mean, what's the difference?  This would at least keep it from being a banner 'ad.'

The difference would be that Discord is not a character trait, nor is it part of the default game environment, and so its presence in that list would render it invisible.

they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 11:54am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 8:23am:
The difference would be that Discord is not a character trait, nor is it part of the default game environment, and so its presence in that list would render it invisible.

Well it wouldn't be invisible because it would be at the top of every page.  Just like a banner ad.  This would eliminate the need for the banner, and also keep the Discord page in the easy access portion of the wiki.  I use the hell out of the wiki, and the links at the top of the page are ones that I use frequently.  So including the Discord there would keep it visible and also eliminate the need for a banner ad.  Seems like a win/win.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 11:54am:
Well it wouldn't be invisible because it would be at the top of every page.  Just like a banner ad.  This would eliminate the need for the banner, and also keep the Discord page in the easy access portion of the wiki.  I use the hell out of the wiki, and the links at the top of the page are ones that I use frequently.  So including the Discord there would keep it visible and also eliminate the need for a banner ad.  Seems like a win/win.

It's already in a list that appears at the top of every page. It's directly above the list that you mentioned and below the banner ad.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #46 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 11:54am:
Well it wouldn't be invisible because it would be at the top of every page.  Just like a banner ad.

Except not like a banner ad, because embedded in a list of things that hardly anyone is parsing, and if they are, they're looking for character information.

apep wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 12:13pm:
It's already in a list that appears at the top of every page. It's directly above the list that you mentioned and below the banner ad.

The non-banner link is already invisible.  Another one won't be less invisible.
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2016 at 1:26pm by OldCoaly »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
apep wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 12:13pm:

Well sonnovabitch, you're right.  So what's the point of the banner ad?

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 2:30pm:
Well sonnovabitch, you're right.  So what's the point of the banner ad?

Because it's Shoemaker's server. One link isn't enough. The only reason that there isn't a popup every time you open a page is that he hasn't figured out how to do that yet.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #49 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
I feel like I'm missing some good popcorn.  Other than being a wiki admin has shoemaker done something to get all of you so butthurt?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint